Author

Topic: Alt coins worth buying - page 212. (Read 259617 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 250
June 18, 2017, 12:20:52 AM
Your either love it or hate it but LiteCoin [LTC] is the next show pony, funny how Coinbase adds LTC prior to Coblee's departure and his return to the Silver of Bitcoins gold. Wink
Yes litecoin is also a good choice to if you are not impatient because it takes a couple months from now for the right time to sell it. Just also waiting for that time
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
June 17, 2017, 11:43:22 PM
Your either love it or hate it but LiteCoin [LTC] is the next show pony, funny how Coinbase adds LTC prior to Coblee's departure and his return to the Silver of Bitcoins gold. Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 289
June 17, 2017, 11:09:07 PM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.

Nowadays there lot of altcoins are worth buying in the market. As I can see with it now, there are altcoins that would give us profit in a short    period of time. Just always look for a legit coins at the coinmarketcap.com Smiley
Activity: 72
Godbless us ALL!
June 17, 2017, 08:26:36 PM
Stay updated with news related with alts. Those more publicized will go up at the end
Alt coins really worth it to buy , i have been addicted in buying alt coins, i choose those new coins so far because it is good to buy it and make it as a short term investment. Alt coins is really good.
Those new coins that are worth are the new ones that comes from a finished ICO .the coins that distributed after the ICO and be listed on exchange will be going to pump .
The new with alts is a good go signal to buy before the date will occur that it will created a pump .

sir do you have any idea where can we find some notifications regarding news about ICO and their release dates?
is there any thread regarding this? Thanks for the help.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
June 16, 2017, 09:29:17 PM
Stay updated with news related with alts. Those more publicized will go up at the end
Alt coins really worth it to buy , i have been addicted in buying alt coins, i choose those new coins so far because it is good to buy it and make it as a short term investment. Alt coins is really good.
Those new coins that are worth are the new ones that comes from a finished ICO .the coins that distributed after the ICO and be listed on exchange will be going to pump .
The new with alts is a good go signal to buy before the date will occur that it will created a pump .
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
June 16, 2017, 08:35:18 PM
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
June 16, 2017, 06:13:03 PM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.
Diversity is your friend, if you want to invest a huge amount of coins, then instead of investing in a single coin, it is better for you to invest in many coins, that way if one goes down another may go up, while this approach limits your earnings somewhat, this will limit your loses as well and that is a good thing.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 16, 2017, 02:31:10 PM
If we would know what altcoin  will survive and worth buying for the future we all be rich. Lol!  Grin
Seriously I agree that eth is worth buying. It has all the potential like bitcoin. It will never be just a dream of eth as top
crypto currency. Following bitcoin's milestone, eth still proving itself in the market as its matket cap is going to rise.

Yeah. Ethereum is very close to overcoming Bitcoin's market cap, so anything could happen in the remaining months before the year ends. As Bitcoin continues to face internal wars within its community in the never-ending scaling debate, it may result in its death if it remains as is.

Eventually, Ethereum would take over as the top cryptocurrency while Bitcoin would be seen only as a means to store value. If that really happens, then there would be total chaos in the crypto economy since there would be a drastic change from Bitcoin being the reserve currency to Ethereum.

Since most altcoins are based on Bitcoin's codebase, and follow its footsteps, they will decline in value as what happens nowadays when Bitcoin goes down in price.

But things aside, while we may never know which altcoin will prevail and survive for the long term, it is always best to act quickly and sell most of your coins when they begin to rise in price. Just my thoughts. Grin
Activity: 152
June 15, 2017, 09:26:31 PM
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
June 15, 2017, 07:55:17 PM
Definitely coins with great support, and good daily volume of trade , everything else is gamble, and cannot be considered as an investment with such risk. ETH so far looking most potent, and probably is best opportunity currently.

ETH were seems to be in demand now since btc fees get expensive, ETH whaving a great potential to increase more in time

If we would know what altcoin  will survive and worth buying for the future we all be rich. Lol!  Grin
Seriously I agree that eth is worth buying. It has all the potential like bitcoin. It will never be just a dream of eth as top
crypto currency. Following bitcoin's milestone, eth still proving itself in the market as its matket cap is going to rise.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
June 15, 2017, 06:22:25 PM
If you want a long term investment go for eth. If i want a day trade i choose those coins who have a big volume and price is cheap

I agree the ETH is one of the best coin to invest.

I think there are better deals then ETH but that being said if the price collapses I'm jumping in.

Are you jumping in ? Last chance to get on the train before it goes back to 400$ It has already recovered much of the loses from earlier today
I wouldnt say it's the right time to jump in the ETH at the moment
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 15, 2017, 04:35:36 PM
Cofound.it token (CFI) trading will start on Monday, June 19 at noon PST / 9 PM CEST on Bittrex, Liqui and Gatecoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
June 15, 2017, 04:27:50 PM
If you want a long term investment go for eth. If i want a day trade i choose those coins who have a big volume and price is cheap

I agree the ETH is one of the best coin to invest.

I think there are better deals then ETH but that being said if the price collapses I'm jumping in.

Are you jumping in ? Last chance to get on the train before it goes back to 400$ It has already recovered much of the loses from earlier today
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2017, 02:17:06 PM
There is a new coin coming out with a novel PoW algorithm. Its called Credits (CRDS) and the algo is Argon2d, which is designed to be GPU-resistant. The coin launches on June 17th and can only be mined with a CPU. You can check our thread here (i'm one of the founders):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-creditscrds-cpu-only-mining-argon2d-pow-masternodes-1944858

There is no ICO; its PoW only

Another small cap coin that I recommend buying is Espers Smiley
Kdf like scrypt and argon2d are not meant to be scratchpads for hash functions. They are used suboptimally and will lead to errors. Its simple to take out scrypt and put in argon2d they both have cpp github code.. it would take me 1 hour to do this literally. But use argon2d in a kdf setting to do zero knowledge blockchain authentication? Yes thats where its at and thats what im doing with syscoin in blockmarket web

Also because its a kdf its designed to take more time so interactivity is desired over speed and efficiency due to security from rainbow dictionairy or other brute force attacks. Thus it would be really infeasible to use a kdf that is parameterized for speed to use as a function in blockchain like how ltc used scrypt.

Why would they lead to errors? Argon2d is very efficient and GPU-resistant, so even if someone makes a GPU miner it will not have much advantage over CPU - and that's the point - improved decentralisation. Anyone with a CPU will be able to mine it.

Applying zero knowledge proofs would be very interesting.. actually I had the same idea. We already have a large community over at Slack and there is no lead developer.. Credits (CRDS) comes with just 0.5% premine for the founders and the bounties we are currently giving out.. Its a community project and amenable to improvements/edits. If you're interested come over at slack Smiley The website is crds.io
They are all based on scrypt. If you do not parameterize it properly there is no use in the technology. If you parameterize it properly it will be too slow for a blockchain. If you dont use it properly could end up less secure as a kdf than you think. Im too busy for another project sorry. I just wanted to clear up the confusion on people thinking its good to use.

Zero knowledge auth not really same as anon zero knowledge proof.. its something im going to roll out soon in sys it will be open source so feel free to fork or review.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
June 15, 2017, 11:32:26 AM
There is a new coin coming out with a novel PoW algorithm. Its called Credits (CRDS) and the algo is Argon2d, which is designed to be GPU-resistant. The coin launches on June 17th and can only be mined with a CPU. You can check our thread here (i'm one of the founders):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-creditscrds-cpu-only-mining-argon2d-pow-masternodes-1944858

Kdf like scrypt and argon2d are not meant to be scratchpads for hash functions. They are used suboptimally and will lead to errors. Its simple to take out scrypt and put in argon2d they both have cpp github code.. it would take me 1 hour to do this literally. But use argon2d in a kdf setting to do zero knowledge blockchain authentication? Yes thats where its at and thats what im doing with syscoin in blockmarket web

Also because its a kdf its designed to take more time so interactivity is desired over speed and efficiency due to security from rainbow dictionairy or other brute force attacks. Thus it would be really infeasible to use a kdf that is parameterized for speed to use as a function in blockchain like how ltc used scrypt.

Why would they lead to errors? Argon2d is very efficient and GPU-resistant, so even if someone makes a GPU miner it will not have much advantage over CPU - and that's the point - improved decentralisation. Anyone with a CPU will be able to mine it.

Applying zero knowledge proofs would be very interesting.. actually I had the same idea. We already have a large community over at Slack and there is no lead developer.. Credits (CRDS) comes with just 0.5% premine for the founders and the bounties we are currently giving out.. Its a community project and amenable to improvements/edits. If you're interested come over at slack Smiley The website is crds.io
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2017, 11:13:07 AM

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
June 14, 2017, 08:56:17 PM

Activity: 72
Godbless us ALL!
June 14, 2017, 07:38:16 PM
I would go for etheruem and ripple. They are the one following the footsteps of btc.
Yes that's right, I also like ETH and ARK because both coins have stability.

Just always take on my mind, before investing to any coin. just do some research first. It will really help a lot. Goodluck
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 14, 2017, 11:11:27 AM
I would go for etheruem and ripple. They are the one following the footsteps of btc.
Yes that's right, I also like ETH and ARK because both coins have stability.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
June 14, 2017, 10:45:48 AM
Well there are tons of people who made some profit because of the alt-coin so basically for my point of view it is really worth buying,
I also experience some alt-coin that gave me a decent amount of profit and there are others that made me lose some money.
Jump to: