Pages:
Author

Topic: AltCoin Newbie - page 11. (Read 1141 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 07:35:29 AM
invest on token/ buy token right after the ico and bounty distribution ended. then so many bounty hunters gonna dump that token right before hit the big exchanges. just buy
Activity: 224
June 09, 2018, 07:33:05 AM
anar yiwen ?  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
" Blockchain meets social network "
June 09, 2018, 07:31:10 AM
before investing in the world of cryptocurrencies I advise you not to be lazy to read, the internet is very helpful to us in this day and age, you can read reviews from people about crypto you will buy. especially if you want to choose ICO coin, try to read and understand well its whitepaper, see review from others, for example in ICOBENCH and others. then you move and spend your money for investment.
Activity: 256
June 09, 2018, 07:28:11 AM
you should focus on searching airdrop first, besides adding post if you are lucky can also get great results, if coin from airdrop you follow success.
so first learn about this world of crypto do not trigger invest before you are ready and already understand about part of crypto world
Activity: 98
June 09, 2018, 07:27:55 AM
look at the ads and see which coins are busy talking about before you invest, lest you choose coins wrong because it will be bad ..
Activity: 866
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 07:25:59 AM
my advice to new users here is to read a lot and learn how to invest because if you do not have any basics about investing don't do anything because investing is very risky and you can lose all the assets you have..
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
June 09, 2018, 07:23:30 AM
Hello Everyone, I'm very new to Altcoins, Cryptocurrencies In General. I'm Looking for someone's advice that has been around for a while to kind of give me some tips or pointers on how to spot legit coin's, what to look for before investing. Really just any guidance on a basic level would be greatly appreciated.

There are lots of the same topics as what you've started. What I can suggest right now since your new to crypto is to utilize this forum by using the search box. All you need to learn about crypto is in this forum. Try to visit beginners' section as well for more information regarding bitcoin and any other altcoins that you wish to learn or invest. Crypto is a very interesting innovation that you can't stop from learning every ways and strategies on how to profit from them. Goodluck with your venture and welcome to the forum where info that could widen your knowledge about crypto is for free you just have to spend some time to browse and read the topics being created.
Activity: 110
June 09, 2018, 07:18:47 AM
I would like to say if I am also like you who are beginners in the world of crypto.jika you want to participate in ICO, my suggestion you should do research first, because not all ICO is good and do not promise for your future. if the ICO is good it has a team that has experienced and strong, they will also make or promote its products that really benefit us all.
Activity: 196
June 07, 2018, 01:42:34 AM
do a lot read many ico website, and do compare from 1 Project to another Project, for me good ico Project must have a big partner to gain success.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
June 06, 2018, 11:37:33 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm very new to Altcoins, Cryptocurrencies In General. I'm Looking for someone's advice that has been around for a while to kind of give me some tips or pointers on how to spot legit coin's, what to look for before investing. Really just any guidance on a basic level would be greatly appreciated.

There are now many sites whose job is to analyze, evaluate and rate any project under the cryptocurrency and altcoin sphere. Scrutinize those sites and their ratings but remember that in many times a rating can also be lopsided as it can be sponsored by the project being rated. Read as many as possible before arriving at any decision. This forum is also a great tool as you can hear many honest views in here. The thing you have to avoid is getting into a scam project though sometimes because we can't see what's behind and what can be then this can unavoidable...just spread your holdings so that the risks are not concentrated in just one basket, as they say.
btj
Activity: 115
Merit: 16
June 06, 2018, 11:31:50 PM
You have to make your own searchs and learn more about it.

You can get tradable altcoins from: coinmarketcap, check the market cap, make some searchs about the community around it, history of the coin, vision etc ...
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 11:28:10 PM
If you want to  engage in altcoins, maybe you should pick those altcoins that are now in big exchanges, because they are most probably safe. look for the coin that it has been listed for how many years and check their graph for you to understand the coins activity. you can also pick some new coins but you need to learn their project more. you need to check the team behind the team, read their white paper and follow them to all their social medias.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 11:19:36 PM
You can also check ICO rating sites such as IcoBench is the like. I personally use IcoBench to spot good altcoins to participate in bounty campaigns and potential investments.
Activity: 104
June 06, 2018, 11:17:33 PM
I myself started by doing research on some of the top 10 coins or tokens from Coinmarketcap.com. That does not necessarily mean I would buy them. Instead, just picked up some names for initial scratch. Then I tried to use available resources such as Google search, websites, news channel, forums, etc. to find relevant information about them and cryptocurrency as well.

With some basic knowledge, I spent small amount of money to buy potential coins that I studied. It's good way to test the water, I think.

After getting small profit and losing a little later, I got better familiar with cryptocurrency in general and some further real knowledge about those targeted altcoin market, now I am free to repeat the process and go with other altcoins. Of course, I'm willing to learn more, and in bad undesirable scenario, accept to get loss.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
June 06, 2018, 11:15:09 PM
Well i suggest do your own research but check the coinmarketcap buy alts in top 2- top 100 because they are the most safe coin to avoid scam and also when you wanna invest i suggest you to hold it at this time and always buy the dip.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
June 06, 2018, 11:11:19 PM
all I can suggest is look at the people behind the ICO token project, whether they have experience and have a successful project before, learn about their whitepaper. that's my advice, though not a guarantee
Activity: 462
Merit: 113
Need me? PM me!
June 06, 2018, 11:04:02 PM
I think, if you want to invest, invest in a coin that is already in an active market. That is more practical.

But if you want to join an ICO, then, there are some things to consider:
1. The Team.
2. ICO progress.
 How long did they get the softcap? How far from the softcap, etc.
3. The Whitepaper.
 This is one of the main factor to consider. Read and learn about the project.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 06, 2018, 10:58:10 PM
There are so many things that you have to do before investing in a ICO in order to identify whether the project is scam or legit you might following these steps:
1. First of all check the team behind the project by checking their profile on linkedin or something.
2. Read the whitepaper if you find something supicious then don't give your money.
3. Follow all their social media and see their progress, telegram and youtube are recommended.
4. Asking the community.
5. Visit some ICO review sites.

Ps: There is no guarantee that the project is legit or will be successful since scammer will try their best to steal our money.
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022
June 06, 2018, 10:51:47 PM
First you read whole Bitcointalk for a week. you can get the good knowledge of alt coins. i also got very good knowledge about this alt coins from this forum.

please do not panic and invest. listen from others but please research by your self
Activity: 196
June 06, 2018, 10:42:52 PM
I would like to say if I am also like you who are beginners in the world of crypto.jika you want to participate in ICO, my suggestion you should do research first, because not all ICO is good and do not promise for your future. if the ICO is good it has a team that has experienced and strong, they will also make or promote its products that really benefit us all.

Pages:
Jump to: