Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question - page 11. (Read 4441 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 15
Bitwings !
In my opinion, I would rather spend money for equipment than just buying coins waiting for it to grow. Even though the market is not as large as it was before, there are still a lot of options for you to mine. Just try to find the one which is profitable in the sense that it's not that hard to mine. There a lot of information on whattomine.com for infos and tips what crypto currency to mine. Try looking to Azart it's a mine able  coin and it's already listed on couple of exchanges and can be seen on coinmarketcap
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
If you have cheap electricity and already have the necessary equipment, then you can engage in mining and receive new coins, but now PoW mining brings very little profit and I do not consider it expedient. Perhaps you need to wait until the prices of most coins start to rise and PoW mining will become more profitable than it is now.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

I kinda agree with that, i also prefer holding coins and PoS mining and masternodes than real mining rig using hardware etc. For me who are lazy and don't want to maintenance things like that, i hate that thing. Also with real hardware, you need to calculate first to get a maximum profit.
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
It is a good resource for mining especially if the market is high but today it is very difficult to mining especially the market is down so it's a huge loss especially when it comes to mining the altcoins in the last year's market as the market does not break down and high bitcoin so it's not affected but right now because the bitcoin's price has fallen by no mining users and they are waiting for the market and bitcoin to start mining again but many emerging mining projects do not have the market situation but the distribution the token is locked first so the price is not particularly falling in dumpers bounty hunters.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

I prefer buying and holding tokens, it's not that it's complicated because of lack of time maintaining a mining rig, you have to keep your mining rig full attention in case there is a power failure or to check if the coin continues  to mine, not for a busy like me.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
I wanted to mine coins, but after I have calculated everything, it was easier to buy them and to wait for the price increase, because mining is unprofitable or brings you 0 percent. When we will see better prices, I will switch to mining, but right now it is better to buy them.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
PoW mining is really a costly way to get new coins, and if the cost is lower than the electricity bill, then it’s better for the money you spend on electricity to buy coins and store them. I also prefer PoS mining and when I have money I try to increase the volume of coins that are stored in my wallet.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
I will choose to buy, because last year i bought mining equipment and is not worth to mine, because i lose money  because electricity price is too high, and not worth mining anymore. Maybe worth mining only if you can buy solar panel and produce own electricity, but also on this case will take a lot of time to recover investments if the price not grow.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
consider electricity cost, investment in hardware and internet networks. I would prefer to buy coins, I think that's a very suitable decision for investment in a short time. mining now is not as profitable as it used to be, because the value I get is not enough to cover operational and maintenance costs for now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
I dont think of every altcoins is really have to be bought or to mined since all of them are not worth to be taked.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With
Glad to hear that you came to an conclusion after 5 years in the market that mining is not an profitable business if you are not having the bank roll to invest heavily in the hardware and other expenses  Tongue. Unless you have a big pocket and the determination and vision on how to tackle the ever changing and competitive mining industry it is better to invest directly in the coin, less headache and reap the profit according to the market situation.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
I prefer to buy coins than to mine, this is because my electricity cost is not low and I can’t break even. Another reason is because it is more straight forward to buy rather than mining for a period of time.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Agree with you. Mining is troublesome business, always needs to monitor your rigs. And profits is not so big. As for me much more better way to invest in crypto in middle-long term.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
If you have to money and if you wanted to mine altcoins, do it. But I think that it needs for you to have a lot of money in order for you to mine this. Because you need some rigs and some other component for you to mine alts. The risk you needed to consider are the electric bill you needed to comply, and what if your setup breaks.

If you can risk a lot, why not do both?
Activity: 532
Merit: 17

Your conclusion is plausible, mining coins with PoW is not too profitable for now.
This is because the market in bearish, makes most coins value not to worth to be mined.
Many miners won't be able to cover the electricity fee due the cheap coin price.
Activity: 812
Merit: 102
I'm not really used of mining, but I think that buying coins will be better. At least now the extraction of coins is no longer profitable, you need to have a lot of money to buy good equipment, as well as a lot of time to pay off.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
I wish I bought some coins instead of buying mining rig. Since I have a kid, I feel that mining at the home is not safe at all.
Activity: 156
Merit: 2
I prefer to buy altcoin than mining of altcoin because you have to learn  mining, it takes time to mining and it requires more  money before you can start mining. But I believe the stress in buying is less compare to that of mining.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
Mining is expensive to handle and I have always had that in mind
Unless you have a huge capital; mining is really not for you

How about trying to invest in altcoins ??
Short term or long term trading will be smart

Dyor.

Mining is not only expensive but also requires special knowlidge in IT sphere.
It can be good hobby. Making cases, constructing cooling system etc. But it's not the profitest way of making money.
Home mining goes to the past. Now mining becomes an industry
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
Mining is expensive to handle and I have always had that in mind
Unless you have a huge capital; mining is really not for you

How about trying to invest in altcoins ??
Short term or long term trading will be smart

Dyor.
Pages:
Jump to: