Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question - page 5. (Read 4441 times)

Activity: 595
Merit: 101
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
I start learning the crypto minging, and what I learned in these days that's not enough but I can say buying coins or trading coins are profitable than mining! Mining cryptocurrency is not everyone's job, but trade can be!
I support you, buying coins is much more profitable than getting them, because I think that in order to buy coins you need much less knowledge
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
I think it's good decision to buy. Mining is very costly and risky.So my suggestion is buy different kind of potential altcoins it is the wise decision.

I can agree that initial costs to begin mining is higher than to begin trading because of you need to purchase, install and setup mining hardware. But what risks of mining are you talking about?
copper member
Activity: 237
Merit: 1
I think it's good decision to buy. Mining is very costly and risky.So my suggestion is buy different kind of potential altcoins it is the wise decision.
Week #3 Report (16 JUN - 22 JUN)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Mining is now an industry. You can't just mine with a pair of your spare GPU let alone your i3 processor (Excluding the useless coins, of course).
So, it would be better just to buy and trade. Even for new coins, it could be beneficial if you strike a deal with the miner before the coins get listed in an exchange.

You right that time of mining with single GPU\CPU  is over. But mining with GPU farms or several ASICs is accessable for practically everybody. If you can solve noise and heat issues of mining machine you do not need to be a corporation you can be involved in mining
It is much easier to start buying coins than to buy, install and start mining coins, as it is much easier and more profitable to buy coins for me

Mining is now an industry. You can't just mine with a pair of your spare GPU let alone your i3 processor (Excluding the useless coins, of course).
So, it would be better just to buy and trade. Even for new coins, it could be beneficial if you strike a deal with the miner before the coins get listed in an exchange.

You right that time of mining with single GPU\CPU  is over. But mining with GPU farms or several ASICs is accessable for practically everybody. If you can solve noise and heat issues of mining machine you do not need to be a corporation you can be involved in mining
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

If you are in the crypto mining space fro 2014, you should be a multi millionare by now. Mining ETH from the beginning yelded incredible results. Therefore it i hard to believe you.

The question is a business orientated. Make assumptions, get the the expenses and just calculate which of the options makes more sense ang go with that.

Do you always make right trading decisions?  Cheesy Really?

In Autumn 2014 Nobody didn't suppose that Ethereum will reach 1k USD. I had read about ETH and didn't invest during the ICO (It was one of the first ICO ever). But at that time the situation didn't look so good.
And my first mining experience was with BTC ASICs like S1 and S3. I even bought liquid cooled C1 but it's also was not right decision.
Enough times I lost crypto when exchanges scammed. Do you remember Cryptsy?

Although now I'm in enough good profit. Of course not millions and even hundred thousands but cryptocurrencies give me good income and now I would like to make smarter decisions in future. So because of I began this analysys. It helps me systematize my knowlidge/experience
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

If you are in the crypto mining space fro 2014, you should be a multi millionare by now. Mining ETH from the beginning yelded incredible results. Therefore it i hard to believe you.

The question is a business orientated. Make assumptions, get the the expenses and just calculate which of the options makes more sense ang go with that.
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
Buying altcoins directly on exchanges are not only more profitable than mining them, for now, and might still be in the future; but also there are other factors should be taken into consideration. They are: maintenance fees for your rigs if you decide to mine coins rather than buying them. Mining operations also require knowledge and skills to fix small technical issues with your rigs, such as RAM disconnections, risers errors or damages (how to discover which risers are damaged and need to be replaced), space to host your rigs, ventilation requirements for hosting room, and more things. Therefore, buying coins is a better choice if you don't want to get troubles with your rigs. It also help you to save more time to do other things, such as reading crypto news, viewing price charts, and so on.

We can make profits from trading in exchangers. But also I don't have a tool or device to mine coins, so I think the choice is to buy it on an exchanger. Mining with the price of bitcoin today must be profitable but the initial investment is too big for me and buying with the ability of my money on an exchanger is a reasonable choice.
It depends where you live. When you live in Venezuela you do not have money for buying, but you have cheap electricity so you can mine cheaper than rest of the world and get nice profit.  Smiley
But interesting idea of creating the comparison!

I do not know about Venezuela electricity cost and stability.
But for me now electricity is about 0.05 USD\kWh so I didn't stop my mining machine even in Dec'2018. But operating costs at that time (including amortization) was more than 80% of mining profit.
Now it is about 30-40% of the profit (For comparision in 2017 crypto peaks it was less than 10%)
Activity: 708
Merit: 103
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
It depends where you live. When you live in Venezuela you do not have money for buying, but you have cheap electricity so you can mine cheaper than rest of the world and get nice profit.  Smiley
But interesting idea of creating the comparison!
Activity: 481
Merit: 102
I also support the trade because I consider it to be a more profitable way of making money, and since mining was already very old for me, it was very popular.  But now everyone understood that it is expensive and stupid because you can earn much easier.
Activity: 346
https://bmy.guide
Mining is becoming profitable again now, but I have always traded and bought various coins and will continue to do so
Week #2 Report (09 JUN - 15 JUN)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
Week #1 Report

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
Activity: 684
I regret that in 2017 I decided to do mining, it was necessary to just buy altcoins with this money, although I would not have received so many different experiences, and perhaps because of inexperience I lost everything.
Activity: 486
I think that it is much more profitable and more likely that you will make a profit from the purchase than from mining because mine is known to be very expensive but the fact that you make a profit is very small
Activity: 458
Mining is expensive at the same time stressful so even the profit from it is not really a mouthwatering one but in the case of buying coins, we have seen some coins that have increased up to 500 percent over the years. For me, I prefer buying coins to mining
Activity: 346
https://bmy.guide
Mining is becoming profitable again now, but I think it's still much more profitable to buy and expect growth from the altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org