Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question - page 13. (Read 4441 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
I made most money buying coins in 2018 than my friend did at mining. While I was buying coins, I wan much in control and only faced with uncertainty in market stability and I could make a drastic decision to salvage a trade situation unlike my friend who was facing more multiple harsh conditions mining
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Buying coins and holding them is certainly more profitable than mining. By directly buying coins from Minner, we can make more profits. I also never did PoS mining or anything like that, because that would take a little time. But back again to the need, because everyone has different needs.
Activity: 265
Merit: 102
If you can earn even a little then better to try that like in mining if you can mine like with low electricity or high electrict still it depends if you can earn even a little so use this then trading or buying alts is really recommended to do like invest in different alts here in crypto

Then i suggest to mine or buy trusted alts already example eth and ltc then more alts with potentials and if they run here in crypto for so long
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware
If you have a set up you can do both mining GPU's you can mine and invest that coins you mine to the other coins you like. In the other hand, mining GPU is noisy and you're right while there are some tokens or coins that offers supernodes which you may try by staking a required amount to be able to join in supernodes staking. Things you need to consider or find another options was still there. For me i don't like to mine not because it is noisy the other fact that it consumes electricity and i have no room for it to place in.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 687
Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware
It depends on persons preference because not all people do have different mindset when it comes to mining or on how they do invest.
Even myself would much prefer to hold coins rather than on wasting my time or the hassleness on having those miners
operating and theres soo much heat and noise but there are people who do make such thing due to interest.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

Some of people still do this and even use it like the resource of heating for their houses, but there are not so many people.

Exactly there are very few people who want and generally can do that. They are pure cryptoentusiasts. To make heating system with miners is really hard task. And unfortunatelly it is not economically justified because it is individual system not serial.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.

I have never mined coins but as for people who mined most of them tell that it is not profitable, but not all. Some of people still do this and even use it like the resource of heating for their houses, but there are not so many people. I do not know about buying coins. It is also  the open question about the profit. It is really harder nowadays to earn very much every month on buying. May be for long term it is good idea, but for short-term not every coin gives high pluses.
With the current price,mining is not going to be profitable so buying them with the money which has to be invested on the mining equipments is really a wise decision and you will make good profits once the price go bullish.

I talk that not only at current prices buying coins is better choise. Even during pump of 2017 year buying cryptocurrency had given more profit than buying GPUs/ASICs
Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive

I can't agree with you
Mining is one of the method of investment  diversification.
Cryptocoin price potentially can fall to zero but the hardware has a residual cost anyway

You're right but you'll still have to make sure that you're not paying more for the electricity you're using than the countervalue of mined coins otherwise buying the coins directly makes more sense.
Also the part about the residual cost for the hardware (after a crash) only applies to computer-hardware like GPUs but not really for specalized hardware like ASICs which would basically be rendered to scrap if you can't use them for mining anymore.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
With the current price,mining is not going to be profitable so buying them with the money which has to be invested on the mining equipments is really a wise decision and you will make good profits once the price go bullish.
Activity: 405
Merit: 136

I can't agree with you
Mining is one of the method of investment  diversification.
Cryptocoin price potentially can fall to zero but the hardware has a residual cost anyway
Sometimes you can mine a coin that just started, and network difficulty is low, and it is not yet on exchange, I was lucky a few times, but the last time it was a year ago or even more. Most often I mined trash.

I can remember only few pojects that was profitable to mine than buying. And it was only at the very beginning of that projects. They was Zcash(ZEC) in the 1st month after start while the reward increased and Bitcore (BTX) two weeks after listing on Cryptopia
The most popular altcoin - Ethereum was should be bought and hold and nothing else
Activity: 684
Merit: 10
Sometimes you can mine a coin that just started, and network difficulty is low, and it is not yet on exchange, I was lucky a few times, but the last time it was a year ago or even more. Most often I mined trash.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
I don't have an experience on Mining but base on this forum most miner says that it isn't profitable nowadays,And I think it is true you would invest for the mining rig and also the electricity and internet bill to mine.
When you could just buy the crypto in the exchange,And it is true PoS crypto is a good one to invest for long term investment just make sure that it isn't going to be like the other shitcoin that would only be good at the start and would be worthless in the end.
PREVIOUSLY....

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...
Pages:
Jump to: