Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question - page 8. (Read 4441 times)

Activity: 332
Merit: 22
Turkish Translator
Actually, there's another option. Besides, PoW wants a lot of quality CPU and GPU. So it comes to me as an old-fashioned system. You can choose PoS instead. There are projects where you can earn plenty of money just by leaving your wallet open. I prefer this one now, Veil.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
My experience tells me that the best way to make money on cryptocurrencies is passive hold. There is nothing easier, you just buy cryptocurrency on the bear market and wait for its price to reach its maximum. Another profitable way is to launch a masternode of a little-known cryptocurrency with huge prospects, but such projects require very careful analysis.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
I have a mining experience in 2012-2013 and I think hodl strategy is more convenient and ease for a regular user. You just buy and hodl. And in mining need always to keep rigs live, make tuning and prophylactics, pay for expensive electricity, etc. It takes much time.
Honestly mining is really not that worth it sometimes, if you consider the money to set up these mining and even maintain the mining operation, I would rather use it to invest in promising coins even if they are smaller in value, I have seen a situation whereby someone invested just $50 and got about $600k back in return, what more does one need to have again.

So rather than facing all the stress in mining with the noise the machines produced coupled with the so much expensive electricity bill depending on the country it is being situated, I think it doesn’t pay that much for me.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 252
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware
I personally mine more than I buy. but I didn't buy an altcoin, which in my opinion has good potential in the future. so mining is good but buying is also good when there are profitable opportunities.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
I don't have experience for mining, so I would like do buy coin in ICO etc if we invest in good coin we can get mo profit, or do some bounty campaign for altcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
I definitely buy Altcoins now. Most of the coins fell in price by 50% in relation to Bitcoin and now is a very good price, you need not to miss the opportunity to buy Altcoins.
It's good for now but you might struggle to choose the best coins in the future. Sometimes, mining give more certainty about income while trading is more risky and full of uncertainty. So, it depends on personal ability to manage everything.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
I definitely buy Altcoins now. Most of the coins fell in price by 50% in relation to Bitcoin and now is a very good price, you need not to miss the opportunity to buy Altcoins.
Activity: 812
Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

PoS is a good option if you don't want to deal with mining equipments and heavy working hardwares.
I personally prefer to staking coin or running masternode than mining coin because it can save your time without setting the mining rigs.
Merit: 10
https://hovr.site/
If you have a very good mining rig then please by all means dont let it go to waste but if what you have can bearly afford it i will suggest you set your pc aside for mining and just go into trading man
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
If you consider individuals who mine cryptocurrencies the greater part of them tell that it isn't beneficial, however not all.
Some of individuals still do this and even use it like the asset of warming for their homes, yet there are not all that numerous individuals. I don't think about purchasing coins. It is likewise the open inquiry concerning the benefit. It is extremely harder these days to acquire especially consistently on purchasing.
Buying coins off the market and holding is still the smartest option in my opinion.
www.cd3d.app
I think as crypto currency players who are increasingly experienced, we can become wiser and more professional in playing with crypto currencies. We can weigh whether mining costs are in accordance with the results issued. Not only mining costs but we also have to measure the energy that we spend. If indeed we still benefit, we can do mining. But if the mining capital costs do not match the results we get, then we should just buy it. The process of buying in my opinion is easier. Other than that there is no physical impact afterwards. But everyone has different thoughts.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
It is currently unprofitable to engage in mining. It is better to choose promising coins and invest in them. Maybe in a short time the situation will change and it will be good to mining, but not today.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
I think any will do and it all depends on the individual, so the choice is your. I think it will be better if mine those you could easily mine and buy those you cannot mine.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
Definitely, I agree with you, because the complexity of mining has increased many times in that year. In my opinion, it is better to choose several altcoins and just invest in them on a long-term basis and believe you will get much more profit than with mining because in order to make good money on mining need to invest well in equipment.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
I have a mining experience in 2012-2013 and I think hodl strategy is more convenient and ease for a regular user. You just buy and hodl. And in mining need always to keep rigs live, make tuning and prophylactics, pay for expensive electricity, etc. It takes much time.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
Sometimes you can mine a coin that just started, and network difficulty is low, and it is not yet on exchange, I was lucky a few times, but the last time it was a year ago or even more. Most often I mined trash.

It was going to be hard if at this moment you are still going to plan to mine cryptocurrency especially on the place like in the southeast asian countries where electricity is too high to be affordable for mining, what is better is to invest on the cryptocurrency itself and to have the understanding of what to invest when, and why.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
Mining can be very profitable if you have free electricity or choose right coin (new coin still low diff and good project) but it's hard to find. So yes probably POS mining some top coin is more profitable (instead just hold it which give u nothing)
Activity: 226
Merit: 4
I prefer POS solutions over mining as mining depends on difficulty and the token price , electricity cost etc.
plus mining hardware is always improving and it is more and more difficult to have profitable mining.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252

My friend and me both are in different way of mining he is having mining rig installed in his home he is getting electricity bill which is around the price of coin he was mining at the time of bearish market . At the same time I invested in pos mining coin like neo , devidend paying coins like dropil , sxdt , kcs , Coss these coins are givimgbsome return without any effort till a date once market bull run happens for sure I will get some good return . Atleast I am having only initial investment.
Activity: 667
Merit: 1
I have personally tried it out and discovered it’s nothig that really worth’s it. The stress is too much and the pay is small! So it’s better to buy the coins and keep for long than mining it!
Pages:
Jump to: