Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question - page 4. (Read 4441 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 10
I prefer to hold or buy coins. I don't like POW mining coins. Because I used to Mining a coin. Almost no money was made. Mining always occupies resources from all walks of life. It will cause waste of resources. So I hold coins and keep trading happily.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
i think altcoin is not really good to mine, because it is so able to buy.
mining is need a lot of money because we have to buy miner mechine and need a lot of energy to make that miner mechine is work.
buy altcoin is so simple and we can get profit with trade, so that is my oppinion.
It's much easier if you can invest your money buying alts than setting up your mining machines and have problem with your expenses and maintenance, if you can afford to invest inside trading you can buy and wait the coin to rise and enjoy no need to complicate anything.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
i think altcoin is not really good to mine, because it is so able to buy.
mining is need a lot of money because we have to buy miner mechine and need a lot of energy to make that miner mechine is work.
buy altcoin is so simple and we can get profit with trade, so that is my oppinion.
Activity: 364
Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX
At present, I think buying altcoins will do than mining because things have changed in cryptocurrency. If you want to invest in an altcoins for a long term, then I suggest you buy at a low price and hold for sometime before selling for huge profits when prices increase.
Activity: 486
but it always seemed that mining was much more expensive than trading or just investing for a long time.  because mining takes time and money for equipment and electricity.  And investing is a naked profit.
Activity: 442
According to me at the present time we should buy instead of mining. Exploiting requires professionalism at work, and you have to spend a large amount of capital. The recovery of capital through exploitation is very difficult, sometimes depending on luck.
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
Chromia - Relational Blockchain
Hello to all! Profitable and trade in Altcoins and mine them. We must act wisely and differentially, respecting money management! Good luck guys!
As far as I'm concerned, it's better to choose one activity, so it will be better, because it's very difficult to track everything in the cryptocurrency
Activity: 560
Hello to all! Profitable and trade in Altcoins and mine them. We must act wisely and differentially, respecting money management! Good luck guys!
Activity: 574
PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

Weekly reports and OP update soon...

Most of the project nowadays are not into mining. They are more into buying and selling or trading. During the previous years, mining is very popular and profitable but now its almost worthless because of the requirements and fees to mine a certain coin. Its better to buy it during their presale, hold it for a long time then sell it when the market rises. Besides I think bitcoin is the only crypto profitable to mine.
Activity: 306
As for me, in order to mining coins, you need much more money and knowledge, it is easier to buy them and choose between ownership and trade.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
Any means good. You can both buy and mine coins. Often those coins that we buy are more profitable then. Mined coins are often just garbage.
I think that now is the best time to buy Altcoins. Many coins fell in 4-5 months at 70% relative to Bitcoin.
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
Week #4 Report (23 JUN - 29 JUN)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING

That depends on what you want, but mostly altcoins mining are not like Bitcoin mining, so you don't really have to mention the hot hardware lol. But from my previous research, mining a new coin is better than rushing in and buying it and speculating that the price will go up. Most people that have tried it really got some good positive results from mining altcoins than buying. Unless you're talking about Bitcoin, then I would say that it is better to buy it, cause the price can move up a big way at anytime and you will make profit (there's still the risk of losing though.

Yeap I forgrot to mention that I talk about GPU-mining. It's more flexible than Bitcoin mining because of more oportunities to choose a coin. But to find new coin in "stealth" mode is also very hard task. I try to check message boards about new coins but currently I use nicehash for my GPU rig (I don't use algo switch soft I configure my rig to nicehash stratum). Maybe at the end of this week I will convert my "test mined" BTC to altcoins. Also my "Buying" portfolio probably will be changed too
Activity: 2618
Merit: 335
PREVIOUSLY....

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

AND NOW

That depends on what you want, but mostly altcoins mining are not like Bitcoin mining, so you don't really have to mention the hot hardware lol. But from my previous research, mining a new coin is better than rushing in and buying it and speculating that the price will go up. Most people that have tried it really got some good positive results from mining altcoins than buying. Unless you're talking about Bitcoin, then I would say that it is better to buy it, cause the price can move up a big way at anytime and you will make profit (there's still the risk of losing though.

I have tried the mining method. The yield calculation in one year does not provide a good advantage for us. We must calculate in detail the expenditure, so that we can calculate the annual income. I think it's better to go back to trading, or hold coins.

It's fact that the estimation of mining income is difficult task but it is also difficult to estimate trading and holding income too

Another good option is to try POS coins. You can just keep your wallet online, start the masternode or to start validate network of a particular blockchain.

Could you examplify several project that can give good income now?
What POS (not masternode) coins are profitable? And how it in general differ from simple holding?
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
Another good option is to try POS coins. You can just keep your wallet online, start the masternode or to start validate network of a particular blockchain.
Activity: 411
PREVIOUSLY....

AND NOW

I have tried the mining method. The yield calculation in one year does not provide a good advantage for us. We must calculate in detail the expenditure, so that we can calculate the annual income. I think it's better to go back to trading, or hold coins.

I think that only when trading with Altcoins can you keep the level of a small income. I did not trade and my coins fell in price against Bitcoin 4-5 times.

Do you sold your altcoins? Or you hold them for a better time?
I have several coins (not presented in current test portfolio) that lost more than 90% of their costs I bought them. In that terms I lost enough money. But untill I sell these alts I don't fix the losses.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
I start learning the crypto minging, and what I learned in these days that's not enough but I can say buying coins or trading coins are profitable than mining! Mining cryptocurrency is not everyone's job, but trade can be!
I support you, buying coins is much more profitable than getting them, because I think that in order to buy coins you need much less knowledge

It's true if you buy and hold coins (like in my experiment)
But if you daily trader or trade in midterm timeframes you also need special knowlidge and skills. Trading is hard work
I think that only when trading with Altcoins can you keep the level of a small income. I did not trade and my coins fell in price against Bitcoin 4-5 times.
I start learning the crypto minging, and what I learned in these days that's not enough but I can say buying coins or trading coins are profitable than mining! Mining cryptocurrency is not everyone's job, but trade can be!
I support you, buying coins is much more profitable than getting them, because I think that in order to buy coins you need much less knowledge

It's true if you buy and hold coins (like in my experiment)
But if you daily trader or trade in midterm timeframes you also need special knowlidge and skills. Trading is hard work
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org