Pages:
Author

Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question - page 2. (Read 4441 times)

copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
Greetings, is there a real possibility  of mining nowadays? I have low electricity cost and some money to spend or invest. I would like to hear your thoughts on mining itself and some piece of advice
Since this question has come,
MultiVAC is using all dimensional sharding  technique and achieved more than 30K TPS. It also tested (currently testnet 2.0 has been launched) the mining possibilities with low performance systems such as our personal computer.
At the moment members are using MultiVAC's cloud mining process and also some are using their own with required low configuration systems.
Testnet 3.0 will launch in 2019 Q4 and soon announcement will come for mainnet's launch.
You can research more on this, visiting project's website and joining their community on Telegram.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
I have no experience in mining, but I understand that professionals make good money on this. It’s easier for me to buy promising POS-coins on exchange and get a small profit from storage of coins.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I would be pleased to see, Have you ordered on globemining?
Yes, I have bought there several times. As I do not have much money to spend, I bought 2 Z11 models in 6 months. I really liked purchasing on globemining.
Do they have delivery delays? How long did it take to complete an order?
You'd better ask them, only know that in US it is a bit faster, than worldwide. My z11 was delivered in 7 days
I would be pleased to see, Have you ordered on globemining?
Yes, I have bought there several times. As I do not have much money to spend, I bought 2 Z11 models in 6 months. I really liked purchasing on globemining.
That's great that you are aware of asic miners. How much can you invest?
What are the prices? Where can I get these miners? I have around 7K USD to rather trade or invest in mining
You may take a look at the reseller site globemining dot com. I can send you a link to their website
That's great that you are aware of asic miners. How much can you invest?
Greetings, is there a real possibility  of mining nowadays? I have low electricity cost and some money to spend or invest. I would like to hear your thoughts on mining itself and some piece of advice
It's great time to start. ETH is growing day in a day, Have you already searched for mining equipment?  Do you know how mining works?
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
It highly depends on the cost of electricity, how well you're connected with certain crypto influencers, and how much of an analyst your are.

If you succeed in mining coins that will make x10 or more later once they go live on a market, well mining is good, but that's huge work in my opinion.
copper member
Activity: 1190
Merit: 3
For me, its mining. Only one time investment need and we can get started mining. This is hassle free and no worries even if the price is low as we are sure about the accumulation of tokens or coins.
Activity: 308
Bitcoin is the future
I think mining isn't that profitable going with the fact that it consumes electricity and data especially here in Africa where steady electricity supply is only a dream. One can just resort to buying low and selling high. Or rather hodling good coins.
Activity: 526
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
PoS is really a very comprehensive new solution and I love this. And we should not compare whether buying and holding or exploiting PoS will bring higher profits. Think about which field you are better at.
If you buy and hold without knowledge, I'm sure 90% that you will lose money a lot. If you have the knowledge and the ability to judge the market, you can do both business. Wink
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
Well, I had tried mining a few times before and ended up mining some good coins that were new but mostly just ended up with shitcoins with no value. It was profitable to a limit; there was decent enough. That was a long time ago, but it was pretty decent. I recommend that if you plan to mine then try the new coins, those with some background behind them, those coins are pretty decent. Sometime you may end up with some shitcoins, but you will gain profit eventually. Hope for the best.
Activity: 1022
Meta4uStake.io
As for me, mining is less profitable than buying alts, everyone decides for themselves, but personally I chose to buy and trade alts
it depends on the assets mined. sometimes there are people who like to mine rather than trade and investment. because it is actually the same if mining and long-term investment. we will get a calculation of purchase capital and mining capital. we can calculate which is more profitable.
Activity: 426
As for me, mining is less profitable than buying alts, everyone decides for themselves, but personally I chose to buy and trade alts
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
Week #8 Report (21 JUL - 27 JUL)

###
MINING
##########
BUYING
Activity: 440
Roobet
It is not right because not only Ethereum, but most of altcoins have increased these days and they will keep rising. They will, believe me. Bitcoin has been stable around $10000, that gives altcoins great period to recover.  Buying altcoins on exchanges are much easier than mining them, but there is no guarantee that you can get good profits if you trade them, even if you choose to buy and trade good coins. Choosing good coins, buying them, and holding them for a few months, I suggest you to do this.
Activity: 854
Merit: 103
I am not a miner but from what I have read around, I will stick to my usual buying of coins than attempting to enter into mining for the reason that mining costs a lot and it isn't easy to even mine a single block. And even if you are going to be mining a block per day, when you consider the amount of money you will spend to mine it, it is better to use that money to buy and hold than to mine with it. As I said, I am not a mining expert but I do not want to venture with this area.
Mining requires more resources from you, from hardware stuffs for your rigs, space for your rigs, electricity costs, heat losses from mining need good ventilation, and your time to config, fix and do maintenance for your rigs. It's sure buying coins is better if you don't have spare resources to play with mining things.

In some cases, mining can be better than investments in the cryptos. It depends on the choice of the cryptocurrency you are going to mine.

Crypto experts say that it is much more beneficial to mine Litecoin, Bitcoin, and Ethereum as they are not as volatile as the other cryptos. Thus, you can combine all methods of making money on crypto, including mining and investing/trading.
Activity: 700
I am more for the purchase of altcoins. Now the market as a whole has significant potential for growth - with a high degree of probability we will see new historical highs of its capitalization this year. Better now buy then sell more expensive.
Compared to yesterday price, altcoins have risen, not much but they have actually risen. I think they just started their journeys, to the places they are belong to. Altcoins won't stay too much long in their current ranges of price, IMO, because they have stood there for too long already and their current prices are too low to imagine that they might fall deeper. I don't think they will fall deeper, from now.
but to buy altcoins at the moment we have to be careful, just as ethereum is back down today, it could be broken support and continue its decline. therefore make a number of scenarios to anticipate a number of possibilities, so that we are better prepared to face them

Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

yeah mining equipement was so expensive now
so, in my opinion its better to use our capital for trading my friend
ecause if we can trade with the right rules, can make our portofolio growing  Wink
if i have to choose, indeed i prefer to buy coins.
mining is very difficult and as you say mining equipment is too expensive and the results are also not necessarily profitable because the altcoin price is still not so good.
Activity: 35
Probably be buying is the obvious answer. There is not much rewards these days for mining I think. After all the market is pretty low on alts, I'll take this advantage every time.
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org