Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining - page 10. (Read 28103 times)

Activity: 367
Merit: 34
January 08, 2019, 09:29:17 PM
what's even more funny is that his "small" test in the second video was pulling more than 600W from the wall.

the car charger was the only thing plugged into the wall outlet. he had is set to 50A charge. nevermind the fact that he incorrectly says that's 50A on the 110VAC side (which would blow his breaker immediately if true). it's really pushing 50A to the 12V side. P=IV. P=(50)(12) = 600W. i can't imagine that rusty 1980's car battery charger is all that efficient. so more like 700+W from the wall. all to power a single hashing board on the ASIC.

Good job little buddy. such efficiency. such power saving. 
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
January 08, 2019, 09:11:46 PM
we know, as you wrote in your first post, you personally run that system and power multiple asic from it

it is just such a shame bitmain did not read about it, done it on large scale, so they could avoid so much pollution from the coal power plants
January 08, 2019, 09:09:57 PM
Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.

He doesnt have shit. He and Chip are the same person. The best they have is weak “your mom” jokes.

No its not me.

I will ask 1 more time the non-believers refrain from your stupid comments if it continues I will ask the moderator to ban you. Enough is enough this thread was put here for informational purposes not for some dickheads to act like a know it all and post shit that does not give any explanation as to exactly why off-grid power does not work. Look outside your box if you can because there is a world outside also not just in your little box mind..

Apparently you do not understand and are looking thru a fogged window there are some who do understand and are willing to follow the process. This thread is here for them not for you to flap your gums about shit that dont make sense to you.

For mr rocket scientist you have not given 1 good point to why this doesnt work when others are also using similar systems. Only powered by wind or solar. The motor is our wind ....

Hahahaha my ghad why lot of people doesn't understand your point. The OP was just trying to replace a windmill by an industrial motor to act as a prime mover of a Generator. As simple as that.

we know what he's saying. we're just saying he's wrong about the expected outcome.

he wants to replace 2000W of wind power with 500W of electrical power. and he expects the same 2000W output. that wont happen. he certainly can hook a 500w electric motor to the thing, but he wont get 2000W out the other end of the generator, he'll get less than 500.  

But what your missing is that we only need speed and a little torque. If we use a 1:1 pulley ratio then no you wont get shit but start gearing it right and you do get the speed and torque needed to push the generator at full rpm. and that speed can be produced with only 500 watts  consumption from the wall. That is like saying a drill press can spin the bit at higher rpm then the motor is running at. But if you change the gearing or pulley in most cases then the bit spins faster you lose some torque unless you have a bigger motor but in the end your bit is faster.

gear ratios dont give you more power out of thin air. you have to add more energy, gears/pulleys don't do that.

and yes, changing the pulleys on your drill press to increase speed causes a reduction in torque.

that fact that you can't grasp these simple concepts is troubling.
Activity: 559
January 08, 2019, 09:05:37 PM
Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.

He doesnt have shit. He and Chip are the same person. The best they have is weak “your mom” jokes.

No its not me.

I will ask 1 more time the non-believers refrain from your stupid comments if it continues I will ask the moderator to ban you. Enough is enough this thread was put here for informational purposes not for some dickheads to act like a know it all and post shit that does not give any explanation as to exactly why off-grid power does not work. Look outside your box if you can because there is a world outside also not just in your little box mind..

Apparently you do not understand and are looking thru a fogged window there are some who do understand and are willing to follow the process. This thread is here for them not for you to flap your gums about shit that dont make sense to you.

For mr rocket scientist you have not given 1 good point to why this doesnt work when others are also using similar systems. Only powered by wind or solar. The motor is our wind ....

Hahahaha my ghad why lot of people doesn't understand your point. The OP was just trying to replace a windmill by an industrial motor to act as a prime mover of a Generator. As simple as that.

we know what he's saying. we're just saying he's wrong about the expected outcome.

he wants to replace 2000W of wind power with 500W of electrical power. and he expects the same 2000W output. that wont happen. he certainly can hook a 500w electric motor to the thing, but he wont get 2000W out the other end of the generator, he'll get less than 500. 

But what your missing is that we only need speed and a little torque. If we use a 1:1 pulley ratio then no you wont get shit but start gearing it right and you do get the speed and torque needed to push the generator at full rpm. and that speed can be produced with only 500 watts  consumption from the wall. That is like saying a drill press can spin the bit at higher rpm then the motor is running at. But if you change the gearing or pulley in most cases then the bit spins faster you lose some torque unless you have a bigger motor but in the end your bit is faster.
January 08, 2019, 07:22:34 PM
Here is a simple video of a setup that took me 10 mins to get hooked up.

It explains and somewhat shows how this system saves you money

https://youtu.be/Zz38lK67MLM

https://youtu.be/SM9nArIlS-c
January 08, 2019, 09:04:24 PM
Another thing you are forgetting is you are not draining the batteries 100% you are keeping the charge full and maintained.

And no you cant directly measure the wind in watts wind is measured in velocity which converted into energy the energy force which is used to generate electrical watts. With a average wind of 10 mph it is enough force to produce 100 watts with certain turbines and so on. Therefore the watts is really wind velocity and is not usable electric unless converted in some form or fashion

i bet you think your engine power in you car can't be measured in watts either.

hint: Watts is not solely an electrical unit. watts is a measure of POWER, or work over time.

Watt = J/s = F•d/s = m•a•d/s = m•(d/s^2)•d/s = m • d^2 / s^3

In metric that is kilogram•meter^2/second^3

Or, generically, mass•distance^2/time^3 or ML^2/T^3
January 08, 2019, 08:59:36 PM
Another thing you are forgetting is you are not draining the batteries 100% you are keeping the charge full and maintained.

And no you cant directly measure the wind in watts wind is measured in velocity which converted into energy the energy force which is used to generate electrical watts. With a average wind of 10 mph it is enough force to produce 100 watts with certain turbines and so on. Therefore the watts is really wind velocity and is not usable electric unless converted in some form or fashion
January 08, 2019, 08:38:03 PM

No its not me.

Activity: 279
Merit: 7
January 08, 2019, 08:34:36 PM

No its not me.

January 08, 2019, 07:57:33 PM
He really just said wind can’t be measured in Watts...

Let that sink in. This guy doesn’t know what a watt is.
January 08, 2019, 06:13:10 PM

No its not me.

January 08, 2019, 07:45:25 PM
I choose to recycle the wasted energy from my miners in the form of heat. I use it to help heat my home and have cut my power bill down because of that alone by 200+ a month.
January 08, 2019, 07:41:52 PM
Wow. He’s actually serious.

I take back all the mean things I said, it’s not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped.

Good job little buddy?

Your comments actually show your true intelligence.
January 08, 2019, 07:40:21 PM

I don't get why you keep glossing over the fact that the wind would be supplying 2000 W effective power

No the wind would be supplying the force which cannot really be measured in watts. You can only take that force and convert it into motion which gives us our rpm which is what we are looking for. You can get a variable rpm from the wind depending on what you use to catch the wind then you have the force to put items into motion and the current wind speed can determine a maximum rpm. So lets not confuse what we are doing here
January 08, 2019, 07:35:50 PM
Wow. He’s actually serious.

I take back all the mean things I said, it’s not cool to make fun of the mentally handicapped.

Good job little buddy?
January 08, 2019, 07:32:20 PM
Please contact a mod. I dare you. I think you won’t like the results. Smiley

I’ve given plenty of reasons why this won’t work. The biggest is that to get 2000w out of the generator, will require >2000w input. A 500w motor cannot do 2000w of work. This is simple math.

The input shaft has resistance. And the faster you spin it, the. More resistance there is.

Adding pulleys to the motor to increase speed, will result in a loss of torque, which will bog the motor down preventing the RPM you desire.

You’re full of shit and anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it

Then you use a bigger motor and your savings is a little less. who cares you are still saving money. If you want something 100% free you picked the wrong post
January 08, 2019, 07:30:20 PM

I don't get why you keep glossing over the fact that the wind would be supplying 2000 W effective power

The wind is out of the equation at this point, at this point we are concerned with rpm and mph and how we can achieve the needed speed or rpm. It costs less to get the speed and torque needed then it would cost to run a large number of miners when run in this way. If you have enough miners or heavy power using miners or gpu rigs it can cut down the cost because you are only paying for what the electric motor is using and not for all the miners.  Say if you have 20 S9 miners and it costs you 800 a month to run them and you can run a system like this for say 100 a month your saving 700 a month. Its not about power loss physics or whatever else you few want bitch about it is about saving even a few hundred dollars. I can say enough this is not for small miners it is for larger setups where you will see the savings.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
January 08, 2019, 07:08:59 PM
lol, I guess you.might want to have a reconsideration of how you're going to get power for the batteries to run the renewable system you're creating. Other than that, we will come back to square one: as in the old ways of generating power and that'll even increase your costs lol. Anyways it's a nice idea. Keep on improving on it.
Activity: 236
Merit: 16
January 08, 2019, 07:02:11 PM

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
January 08, 2019, 06:38:49 PM
Please for god's sake contact an admin. We explained multiple times to your pea brain why it wont work. Generators have resistance. Gearing up reduced torque. Like has been said, you have to input 2000w of energy into any generator to output (under) 2000w of energy. If you gear up a 500w motor to try and spin a 2000w generator, the resistance will prevent it moving at full speed.

Say it with me bro, CONSERVATION OF ENERGY. When you move around energy, the most you can do is LOSE energy to entropy. 2000w in means 2000w - entropy out. Yes you can go off the grid, but you're not getting around energy in and energy out equations with a fucking pulley, battery, inverter, or any other bullshit. You're like one of those retarded fat people that say they literally can't lose weight because of genetics. No you fat fuck, you eat too much, at best you have a below average metabolism and you need to eat under your metabolism. You can't fucking eat 1600cals and stay the same weight, you're fucking deluding yourself while you suck down a pepsi thinking it doesn't count.
Pages:
Jump to: