Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining - page 11. (Read 28103 times)

Activity: 367
Merit: 34
January 08, 2019, 06:19:47 PM
Please contact a mod. I dare you. I think you won’t like the results. Smiley

I’ve given plenty of reasons why this won’t work. The biggest is that to get 2000w out of the generator, will require >2000w input. A 500w motor cannot do 2000w of work. This is simple math.

The input shaft has resistance. And the faster you spin it, the. More resistance there is.

Adding pulleys to the motor to increase speed, will result in a loss of torque, which will bog the motor down preventing the RPM you desire.

You’re full of shit and anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it
copper member
Activity: 282
Merit: 31
January 08, 2019, 05:14:08 PM
Yea clearly. This guy is an absolute case study in the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I think it's just someone saying inane things to get a reaction, they don't actually believe that this shite works.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
January 08, 2019, 05:07:36 PM
Yea this thread is a perfect example of where moderators should step in and throw this shit in the trash to keep from dirtying the content of the forum.
January 08, 2019, 04:45:44 PM
popcorning right now

Me too.

I tried not to bite as well, but here goes. A simple question.

Why don't you connect one of these contraptions to power two more? Then each of one those to two more. And so on. Infinite energy! Right?

Yup. I said this a couple pages back. In jest of course.

i see chipless created a new account to circle jerk himself LOLOLOL.

guys (guy) let me break it down for you. if what you were saying was possible, everyone would just run their whole house on something like this. it would be too good to pass up. no one would be paying normal rates for their electric ever again. why are billions of people paying normal electric rates when they could power their whole house from a lowly 500w motor? hell why stop there, whey not use a 100w motor to drive that 500w motor and save even MORE! oh man, i just had another thought. why don't you drive that 100w motor with a 10w motor?!?! the sky is the limit here!!!!!

but oh wait, no one does this, because its not possible.
Activity: 338
Merit: 251
January 08, 2019, 04:37:19 PM
popcorning right now

Me too.

I tried not to bite as well, but here goes. A simple question.

Why don't you connect one of these contraptions to power two more? Then each of one those to two more. And so on. Infinite energy! Right?
January 08, 2019, 04:35:20 PM
Yea clearly. This guy is an absolute case study in the Dunning-Kruger effect.
January 08, 2019, 04:34:15 PM
Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.

He doesnt have shit. He and Chip are the same person. The best they have is weak “your mom” jokes.

January 08, 2019, 04:28:40 PM
Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 08, 2019, 04:22:08 PM
God, I tried to not bite with you trolls, just trying to get a rise out of people with a middle school education, but these days its really hard to tell if people aren't literally as stupid as you. You do realize that in his case, he's capturing the wind energy? What energy do you think you're capturing? Why don't we just go a step further and use a motor to actually drive a gear that turns your motor, charging a battery which powers the motor turning it? Perpetual energy solved! My guess is this moron forgot that these sort of motors have resistance, and you have to put in AT LEAST as much energy to overcome that resistance as any energy you could potentially get out of the motor.
i tried to hold back on this but i cant, first of of all fuck face i am an electrical engineer my educational knowledge goes far beyond what your little pea brain can comprehend i understand you cant fix stupid and stupid you are.
January 08, 2019, 04:05:54 PM
God, I tried to not bite with you trolls, just trying to get a rise out of people with a middle school education, but these days its really hard to tell if people aren't literally as stupid as you. You do realize that in his case, he's capturing the wind energy? What energy do you think you're capturing? Why don't we just go a step further and use a motor to actually drive a gear that turns your motor, charging a battery which powers the motor turning it? Perpetual energy solved! My guess is this moron forgot that these sort of motors have resistance, and you have to put in AT LEAST as much energy to overcome that resistance as any energy you could potentially get out of the motor.
January 08, 2019, 04:01:14 PM
This idiot keeps saying all you need to do is keep the batteries charged.

If you are discharging the batteries at a rate of 60kW, the batteries have to be charged by at least 60kW. Yes, I agree if you have a 60kW generator like this one http://www.generac.com/Industrial/products/diesel-generators/configured/60kw-diesel-generator and hook some batteries up to it, you can put out 60kW of electricity. According to this article: https://www.ablesales.com.au/blog/diesel-generator-fuel-consumption-chart-in-litres.html a 60kW generator will require 4.25 gallons of Diesel per hour. Diesel is generally $3/gal, so you're looking at $13/hr in Diesel.

That gives you 21 cents per kWh. That's well more expensive than grid electricity. Any electricity you're not inputting from a generator, you're inputting from the grid. There is no configuation of battery/generator/grid/converter/alternator/whatever that gets around this middle school fact. Seriously, you're talking to people with science degrees with absolutely no knowledge of what you're saying. If you're happy paying a diesel bill rather than an electric bill, good for you. But it's not cheaper, so just fucking stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9e_owv9U7w npw
the video is on a smaller scale for power output but the premise is the same
replace the the propeller with an electric motor and change the electric motor to generator drive ratio to achieve the desired rpm for peak output of the generator.. i cant believe you people cant understand how this works !!!
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
January 08, 2019, 03:59:39 PM
popcorning right now
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
January 08, 2019, 03:58:26 PM

You didnt take into account the pulley ratio of 1:4.5 we are not building a direct drive unit

The 1750 rpm is the starting point for the rpm the 1:4.5 pulley ratio turns your 1750 rpm into 7875 rpm which is then enough to power the generator at full power.

A simple bathroom fan dont have enough torque that is why you use a bigger motor that does have some torque to it and if it uses 5 amps great if it uses 10 amps ok and so on.

The goal is to use the least amount of energy to get the 7875 rpm needed to turn the generator head.

The belt surface speed needs to be at 7875 rpm which is equivalent to a 47 mph wind. Now you have 83 amps of charging power instead of 500 watts of charging power that you initially started with.

In theory and how you explained makes sense but if it does exactly how you say is something else.
No it does not, but please feed the troll more, this is awesome.
January 08, 2019, 03:54:47 PM
This idiot keeps saying all you need to do is keep the batteries charged.

If you are discharging the batteries at a rate of 60kW, the batteries have to be charged by at least 60kW. Yes, I agree if you have a 60kW generator like this one http://www.generac.com/Industrial/products/diesel-generators/configured/60kw-diesel-generator and hook some batteries up to it, you can put out 60kW of electricity. According to this article: https://www.ablesales.com.au/blog/diesel-generator-fuel-consumption-chart-in-litres.html a 60kW generator will require 4.25 gallons of Diesel per hour. Diesel is generally $3/gal, so you're looking at $13/hr in Diesel.

That gives you 21 cents per kWh. That's well more expensive than grid electricity. Any electricity you're not inputting from a generator, you're inputting from the grid. There is no configuation of battery/generator/grid/converter/alternator/whatever that gets around this middle school fact. Seriously, you're talking to people with science degrees with absolutely no knowledge of what you're saying. If you're happy paying a diesel bill rather than an electric bill, good for you. But it's not cheaper, so just fucking stop. For anyone gullible, think of the wattage as the actual ENERGY, dont get bogged down by "amperage, current, voltage, resistance, efficiency" etc. It all comes down to energy. Inverters/Batteries obviously dont create energy. So ask yourself, if he's running 10 x 1800w rigs, where's the actual ENERGY (not current, not amperage, not voltage, literal capacity to do work, energy) coming from? Is it coming from the generator? Or is it coming from the grid? Those are the ONLY TWO things contributing ENERGY (besides some people pointing out solar panels which pay for themselves after some years). Every fucking watt you're not pulling from the wall, you have to pull from a generator. Not amps, not volts, watts. If you pull 1800w from the wall, you HAVE to pull 9 x 1800w out of a fucking generator to run 10 rigs. The only other possible way is if you're running the rigs till all the batteries are totally dead after a few minutes, and then slowly recharging them over the course of a day.

Think about it this way, you're using your phone and it requires 18W to run. He's trying to convince you that plugging your phone in to the wall with a 12v 0.5A charger will keep the phone running perpetully. That's fucking stupid, you know your phone battery will still die unless you turn it off or get a beefier charger for it.
January 08, 2019, 03:17:02 PM
I'm still not getting it...

So, your motor and generator can provide 2000 W...

This 2000 W is available to power the inverter and charge the batteries...

The inverter is 90% efficient...

If it is consuming the entire 2000 W available then at 90% efficiency it is only making 1800 W for the mining rig.

the generators power output is rpm dependent basically the faster you spin it the more the power it produces.
so at peak rpm at 24 volts it would produce 2000 watts if you convert watts to amps that would give approximately 83 amps of output power.
if you ran 2 generators in parallel you would produce the same 24 volts but now 2 times the amperage or 2000 + 2000 is 4000 watts / 24 volts
 =about 166 amps. we would then have 166 amps of charge power at 24 volts to charge the battery bank the battery bank is used to power the power inverter.
without going into detail about my knowledge or what i do for a living i can tell you this does and will work.
Activity: 559
January 08, 2019, 02:53:33 PM

You didnt take into account the pulley ratio of 1:4.5 we are not building a direct drive unit

The 1750 rpm is the starting point for the rpm the 1:4.5 pulley ratio turns your 1750 rpm into 7875 rpm which is then enough to power the generator at full power.

A simple bathroom fan dont have enough torque that is why you use a bigger motor that does have some torque to it and if it uses 5 amps great if it uses 10 amps ok and so on.

The goal is to use the least amount of energy to get the 7875 rpm needed to turn the generator head.

The belt surface speed needs to be at 7875 rpm which is equivalent to a 47 mph wind. Now you have 83 amps of charging power instead of 500 watts of charging power that you initially started with.

In theory and how you explained makes sense but if it does exactly how you say is something else.

It does exactly what I say it does... If it didnt there wouldnt be people using off-grid systems. Al I am doing is replacing the wind with a motor to do the winds job. A motor cost to run so it is not free but if you had enough constant wind you can run it by wind

There are similar units that run from a bicycle.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
January 08, 2019, 02:49:15 PM

January 08, 2019, 02:46:54 PM

If it is consuming the entire 2000 W available then at 90% efficiency it is only making 1800 W for the mining rig.

The motor and generator head alone nothing else attached can produce 2000 watts if you use 500 watts to turn the generator head then you are saving 1500 watts worth or money right there. Now when you throw batteries and inverter in the mix you can increase the 2000 watts to much more power while still using only 500w to spin the motor. Yes you will have some power loss no doubt but as long as you are putting out more energy then it takes to get you to that point you are saving money

I also have designed a hydro type unit but that one is fully self powering and runs on water but those designs wont be released since I do sell many of them to lake home owner to power their dock lights.
Activity: 49
January 08, 2019, 02:38:26 PM

January 08, 2019, 02:37:14 PM

You are not applying 500w you are using 500w to turn the motor which in return is creating the rotational speed of 1750 rpm.

So i am applying 500w of rotational speed that is then converted to the equivelent of 47 mph wind with a pulley

I want to ask and i already said that an extractor of air that consumes 150 watts has 1750rpm. How is that different from consuming 500 watts instead of 150 watts? As I see what we need is 1750 rpm right to give air blowing speed of 47mph?

also to convert rpm to mph, https://sciencing.com/convert-rpm-mph-calculator-2854.html

For example, if the rotational speed is 100 rpm, enter "100." Multiply this number by 60 to convert it from feet per minute to feet per hour. Divide this number by 5,280, which converts feet per hour to miles per hour. Push the equal sign to see the speed in mph.

Using that webpage to calculate it, it gave me the number of 20 mph, 1750 x 60 =105.000, divide by 5280 = 19.88 mph.

A car alternator for example does not run at the rpm the engine is running at the pulley configuration takes the 2000 rpm from the cars engine and turns it into about 6000rpm at the alternator.
Pages:
Jump to: