Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 11. (Read 22086 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 100
August 12, 2019, 05:32:10 PM
KYC is important for many projects. This is necessary in order to get out as quickly as possible in the listing on the stock exchange. Yes, many projects deceive you but that doesn't mean that all projects are like that. You can not provide real information about yourself and buy a fake package of documents.
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
August 12, 2019, 03:40:00 PM
You are very correct, I think counting from 1 to 10 out of projects that are requesting for kyc, maybe only 1 or 2 as made it to exchange listing. I think by now we hunters should be avoiding projects requesting for kyc. At some point am beginning to see they are only after our information. God will help us

I am not afraid to provide my KYC data, and it is necessary to choose good projects that will bring profit to investors and bountists. Because if you give your KYC data for scammers, they will be able to use it for criminal purposes.
Activity: 531
August 12, 2019, 10:03:12 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

As I wrote earlier in another thread, I think 90% of companies that ask for KYC are scammers and they collect data. Why do they ask  KYC? the crypto is not regulated in any way

Crypto is not regulated, but in some countries cryptocurrency is prohibited by the law. For example is you trade, use, mine crypto in Nepal, you will go to jail. While in other counties you will get a fine or dont even have trouble if you are connected with crypto.

Agree, in my country. Everyone who uses cryptocurrency must be KYC and be controlled by law. If they are violated, they will have to be severely punished. And I think the projects are the same, they may have to suspend the project if they do not implement KYC
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 12, 2019, 09:41:40 AM
Good choice. It's not worth it to give up your privacy to a bunch of companies just to get a tiny amount of tokens thqt there is a slim chance will appreceate in value.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
August 12, 2019, 09:32:10 AM
As long as you want to get paid, doing kyc is no longer inevitable nowadays because if you don't do it with bounty then sure you will have to do it in exchange, any bounty who requested kyc from hunters is abiding by rules if you are not comfortable with it then don't join, between there are only few genuine bounty around so the few once around can demand kyc from hunters.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1195
August 12, 2019, 09:31:36 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

As I wrote earlier in another thread, I think 90% of companies that ask for KYC are scammers and they collect data. Why do they ask  KYC? the crypto is not regulated in any way

Crypto is not regulated, but in some countries cryptocurrency is prohibited by the law. For example is you trade, use, mine crypto in Nepal, you will go to jail. While in other counties you will get a fine or dont even have trouble if you are connected with crypto.

Activity: 728
August 12, 2019, 09:12:47 AM
that's the danger of KYC when you've done it right and the token you get doesn't match the price. but keep in mind that many bounties don't use KYC and they don't pay at all. I want to emphasize that sometimes everyone's luck is different when choosing a bounty.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
August 12, 2019, 08:49:00 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 250
Your Data Belongs To You
August 12, 2019, 08:21:10 AM
My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project

I don't think of everything like that, all back to the project itself.
Warning. before give a personal identity to another party, think first. I see many people give their identity easy, only because for ($5/$10)

i afrika 10$ is huge money. becides what people afraid of? bad guys will came to their home on cup of tea? please))
Activity: 162
August 12, 2019, 06:37:11 AM
You are very correct, I think counting from 1 to 10 out of projects that are requesting for kyc, maybe only 1 or 2 as made it to exchange listing. I think by now we hunters should be avoiding projects requesting for kyc. At some point am beginning to see they are only after our information. God will help us
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
August 12, 2019, 06:20:16 AM
Same as me. We used to think application of Know Your Customers (KYC) was a determinant of a token project success but they turned out to be the ones that fail the most. KYC is nothing but a waste of time.
Activity: 199
Merit: 3
August 12, 2019, 05:55:56 AM
Not all projects that request KYC fail performance.
What you convey is also not wrong in my personal experience. Projects fail or scam is a risk in bounties, but our precision in choosing is also very necessary.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
August 09, 2019, 03:10:45 PM
At least, I have seen projects that didn't demand for KYC from bounty participants, until the project succeeded in raising the required fund. This I feel should be the demand of every genuine project that insists on KYC. Projects from scammers are mainly after the KYC of bounty hunters and nothing more.
Activity: 296
August 09, 2019, 12:45:34 PM
Now your peanuts rewards will bullrun then what will your comment. A little bit true that my highest reward is without KYC campaign problem is proof of residence.
we cannot see and compare the success of a bounty project from the availability of KYC or not. now KYC is indeed needed to make an interest. we must follow it and adapt to regulations that may not be obtained from 2-5 years in the future.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 254
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
August 09, 2019, 12:24:21 PM
For projects that want us to offer KYC, those are really bad projects. because they need our information to sell to other businesses to make money.
therefore, we should only select the campaigns that tokens are listed on, they will not ask us to implement KYC.
Not all projects are bad. There are many very good projects as they still perform KYC so they don't break the law in their country, I think KYC is good and necessary. But many bounty scam have taken advantage of it to get information of participants
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
August 09, 2019, 12:09:22 PM

The risk of exposing our data online is sometimes inevitable cos you are into cryptocurrency but we should just not give out our data like that without investigating the projects very properly
Activity: 1624
Merit: 791
Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈
August 09, 2019, 11:20:43 AM
even so but I can't say that KYC is bad or in other words that every project that requires participants to verify KYC is a failed project because in reality not everything is like that, this is not about KYC but actually it is all about which projects you are participating in and which project you chose
Activity: 363
August 09, 2019, 10:48:50 AM
In fact, there are projects that require KYC and they pay very well, not completely collecting information. But I think we cannot avoid disclosing information when we have implemented KYC with any website Sad
Activity: 646
tozex.io
August 09, 2019, 10:03:07 AM
You are right, most projects that have really paid did not really ask for kyc, but you find out that those that asked for kyc are yet to pay over the time or pay poorly, I don't think it is worth the time and stress. Moreover our identity is at stake. Identity theft is real
Activity: 700
August 09, 2019, 08:38:45 AM
I think the project that requires to send Kyc is to avoid fraud from participants, that's normal, but there are also some bad people who want our personal data and finally there is no development and the project is a scam. i can't think about that. I just followed it to receive payment even though I had to use kyc, I don't mind that.

KYC is actually good because it aims to prevent money laundering. But indeed we must choose the project when we will do the KYC. At present almost all projects require KYC due to government regulations.
I think the developer team won't sell our KYC data that easily to other parties because in Europe the GDPR regulations require companies to maintain the confidentiality of personal data or they will incur huge fines
Pages:
Jump to: