Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 9. (Read 22086 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 1
September 07, 2019, 03:57:06 PM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
Yup some shitty projects conduct KYC just to steal our information and sell it to the black market but some legit projects conducted KYC just to follow the law on their country so I think KYC is really a must in joining bounties. But I suggest that research about the project and if you saw some red flags then dont do KYC and move on and look for another good project.
Any project uses KYC for its own purposes. Even in the most reliable project, there may be an unscrupulous employee who can sell the data or put them in the public domain.
Activity: 375
Merit: 18
send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs
September 07, 2019, 08:56:17 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
Yup some shitty projects conduct KYC just to steal our information and sell it to the black market but some legit projects conducted KYC just to follow the law on their country so I think KYC is really a must in joining bounties. But I suggest that research about the project and if you saw some red flags then dont do KYC and move on and look for another good project.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
September 07, 2019, 08:46:38 AM
I do not understand so much people complaining about KYC process. It is pretty simple and gets several minutes to complete it, and you are not James Bond that need to hire his identity. If you want to get rewards, pass KYC and relax.
i think so too.
it's simple, if we don't want to do KYC then just leave it.
indeed we cannot carelessly choose a project and easily give away our personal data.

we also have to choose a project that is really good and very profitable so that we don't waste time following it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
September 07, 2019, 05:37:49 AM
I do not understand so much people complaining about KYC process. It is pretty simple and gets several minutes to complete it, and you are not James Bond that need to hire his identity. If you want to get rewards, pass KYC and relax.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
September 06, 2019, 05:40:23 PM

Not all projects that make a bounty and require KYC for the participants get succeed,The KYC has nothing to do with the success of the project only is a security precaution to prevent fraud and who use multiple accounts, But the dangerous thing is not that these projects fail, but that they are scam projects collecting personal information and details about the participants and selling them or the like, We should all look carefully for projects and make sure they are honest before joining them and ask them why they required for pass KYC.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
September 06, 2019, 05:37:49 PM
The problem does exist.I now absolutely do not trust projects requiring KYC.The participants of the bounty this procedure is just not necessary.
Activity: 672
September 06, 2019, 05:29:27 PM
Your suspicion might not be totally wrong considering that most of the projects I was involved that requested for kyc almost always ended as pure trash. None got listed in any exchange
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 06, 2019, 05:14:46 PM
I just got back in bounty campaign, and I realize now there are a lot of projects that tell the hunters to do kyc, but the rewards given are not much, if I find bounties like that it's better I don't follow them and choose to follow bounties that don't need to do kyc although the reward offered is small but it's safer in my opinion and doesn't make us lose.
Activity: 315
Merit: 2
September 06, 2019, 05:05:31 PM
Cryptocurrency was originally not designed to obtain KYC. I think KYC started with exchanges and even at the initial stage, it was not mandatory, since those who could not pass it were allowed to withdraw certain amount, I.e, there was limitation in withdrawal. However, we started seeing projects who ask for KYC and most of them turn out to be scam. Which means we must be careful when giving out our personal details.
Activity: 336
September 06, 2019, 04:53:26 PM
Bounty now generally come across some scams, I would not recommend to pass kyc, due to the fact that your documents can fall into the wrong hands and scammers will use them for their own purposes.
Activity: 322
September 06, 2019, 04:42:55 PM
I understand your point and I can't fault you. With the recent revelations about how kyc documents of people put there are sold on the dark Web for pennies, releasing documents for any purpose is now questionable since we actually have no idea where these documents may end up. This is one of the major source for identity theft online and it happens without you actually knowing.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
September 06, 2019, 04:41:10 PM
you must have been frustrated by the experience,sorry! i know KYC does not mean harm, although i experienced it. i was too and happy too but i cautioned myself incase i'm not doing it rightly or i'm not submitting it in proper hand,. that's actually why i have been dudging KYC projects.I have not been able to prove how helpful the KYC has really been . 
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 06, 2019, 03:39:06 PM
   It`s up to services we use, some of them ask for KYC and some not. What can we do about it? If we want to use it
we must do KYC!
   I`m not done with KYC. I would like that, but due government regulations across the world, services will have to have
it, or they will not be able to do business. That can`t be changed.
   What we can do is to try to find alternatives in decentralized anonymity coins.
Activity: 210
September 06, 2019, 03:38:32 PM
The informations I've been hearing lately about what is being done with our kyc information submitted in good faith to projects, I doubt if it can continue submitting my personal information henceforth. Any project that doesn't want to employ bounty hunters without the kyc information should keep their tokens.
The bounty hunting philosophy requires to take care of the bounty conditions without second-order conditions. KYC can be requested by the proven exchanges, the team with solid working portfolio but it is dangerous to send the personal documents for the projects that launches the first crypto project in the blockchain ecosystem.
If possible, no one should trust their data. Known repeated data breaches and with the top exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
September 06, 2019, 03:19:43 PM
The informations I've been hearing lately about what is being done with our kyc information submitted in good faith to projects, I doubt if it can continue submitting my personal information henceforth. Any project that doesn't want to employ bounty hunters without the kyc information should keep their tokens.
The bounty hunting theory requires to take care of the bounty conditions without second-order conditions. KYC can be requested by the proven exchanges, the team with solid working portfolio but it is dangerous to send the personal documents for the projects that launches the first crypto project in the blockchain ecosystem.  The information used by the bounty hunters is not original, by the way. Teams don't want to give away their hard work in the form of the token, asking KYC is fair enough. But my personal opinion with the KYC will not change the situation, hope the average option will be good for the both parties.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 2
September 06, 2019, 03:00:41 PM
Activity: 700
August 23, 2019, 04:17:48 AM
We cannot trust any cryptocurrency project easily and we cannot give them our KYC information. Reports say that our KYC information maybe misused for personal interest, which is very dangerous. So for me, I often stay away from providing KYC information to any projects until I research to find the project is legit or not. So we must be vigilant.

I agree we must agree to be vigilant when sending personal data. For some airdrops that require KYC, I better not participate because airdrops usually provide a small token value. In bounties that require KYC, we have to do research first because many projects end up scam
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 23, 2019, 04:12:22 AM
I did KYC for the BITEX campaign, i did it because the project is successful and already on exchange.
KYC is required to some project and i will do it if it is required with the investors also.
But it is not meant that i will provide KYC in every project, it will depend on what it is and their development and situation. will never do that for some dimes.,

People need to learn how to be selective, where to leave KYC info and where to avoid doing that. Some project requires KYC, I was in a couple of successful ICO`s where I needed KYC done. But with some projects I didn`t want to get more involved, when something looks fishy I don`t participate, even less I don`t leave my personal information.
It always depends on many factors, people should evaluate the situation and only then to make a decision about what`s the best thing to do. Never leave your personal info for dimes, that`s a piece of good advice for newbies.
Activity: 784
Merit: 101
August 23, 2019, 03:31:54 AM
I am afraid of KYC process because think about this situation: You will receive a big payment for example 1 BTC to your address from person you do not know, now what to do? If you are sure that you are 100% hidden you can enjoy it, but if someone could connect your KYC with this address, you have a problem.
Activity: 560
August 23, 2019, 03:10:27 AM
We cannot trust any cryptocurrency project easily and we cannot give them our KYC information. Reports say that our KYC information maybe misused for personal interest, which is very dangerous. So for me, I often stay away from providing KYC information to any projects until I research to find the project is legit or not. So we must be vigilant.
Pages:
Jump to: