Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 7. (Read 22086 times)

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
October 09, 2019, 02:05:04 PM
Not all bounty programs requiring KYC should be bypassed. All individually. From the last such projections, for example, sparrow, temtum, and bcnex can be distinguished.
They all asked for user data, while they are real projects with real products. By the way, these projects were conducted by worthy managers, except bcnex, there was a manager from the company.
So as a criterion, you can use the reputation of a bounty manager.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
October 09, 2019, 05:26:34 AM
Well most of the bounty who are requiring for their participants to submit KYC mostly of them they are scam or failed of reaching their hard cap also their soft cap.  I really like the project or the bounty who did not need to have KYC because their real purpose is to how their project become successful not checking or reviewing the participants or investors of their projects.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 09, 2019, 05:15:13 AM
Yes, this true, a lot of projects without KYC is success and most of projects that required KYC failed, this mean most of this project scam.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
October 09, 2019, 04:29:40 AM
KYC actually aims to reduce multiple accounts and sometimes project or exchange require it because of the laws of their country. I never pass KYC procedure if I am not totally sure about the project. If I have lots of doubts about the team, their legal concepts, I will never send my personal information to such hands. We shouldn't be blinded by probable profit, it will worth nothing when your documents will be used in illegal activities. So, let's be careful.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 09, 2019, 04:29:37 AM
Friends, personally am done with submitting my personal information for KYC to any bounty, project or even airdrops. I made this decision after 90% of project that requested for KYC won't make it to exchange. It's so frustrating and disappointing.

KYC is not a good idea for everyone. Not all people from the crypto market participate in bounty campaigns, but everyone trades on crypto exchanges. And I don’t really want to go through the KYC on exchanges, because I don’t know which regulator the exchange will transfer my data to. And why did the exchanges located in offshore need my KYC data?
Very simple. They need KYC of everyone to use their exchange because of the laws in the country of exchange. And if you're in a banned country, you can't use their exchange

Exchangers certainly do not want to take risks by violating regulations that have been set by the government. KYC is needed by exchangers because to avoid suspicious activities and I think this should be supported because for many people who don't understand, the cryptocurrency market is a place to launder money
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
www.thegeomadao.com
October 09, 2019, 03:43:56 AM
I do not think that all of the crypto projects requiring clients to provide KYC details to get bounty tokens have bad intention. Some of the project have their own rules and they act on that. But I am also not in favour of providing KYC information to get bounty tokens. I know many of the crypto projects are not honest and they may misuse our KYC information for their personal gains. So stay vigilant about giving KYC information.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
October 09, 2019, 03:30:18 AM
When you done KYC with your bounty campaign just waiting for sending coin to your account, you check your KYC is approved or not because if your KYC reject you will do not receive coin bounty anymore. Be quiet with bounty campaign needed KYC and check how much coin price higher or not, if have lower price left and what for have submit KYC.

But many projects have ended now and asked for KYC but the tokens have not been listed, right? What do you want to do to give up KYC or just leave it not getting a reward?

So that's where we have to know if the project looks good then you immediately do KYC, but if the project is not good marketing or the product is not running then just advise not doing KYC.
Avoiding bounty campaigns that requires kyc would be better.
If it was me, I wont do any kyc, bounty hunters does not need to undergo kyc process, we're not even an investor, if they dont give my reward, i'll leave it there, and also I'm not participating in any bounty campaign that requires their participant to undergo KYC.

That means you are going to deprive yourself from participating in good quality bounty because if you look closely most bounty who are legit often requires kyc from participants because they are complying with AML, yes hunters does not require kyc but in most cases hunters register in bounty with more than one account and kyc is the sure way of filtering out those who have more than one account.

Because there are many cheats, I think that bounties ask KYC to be very reasonable, successful bounties always use KYC to distribute tokens and that minimizes scamer, if you don't want to join bounty, bounty now always applies KYC rules.
Activity: 924
Merit: 275
October 09, 2019, 03:24:44 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
there is a possibility that their goal is only to get our identity. I do not participate anymore in a project that requires a kyc because I know that there is a possibility that my identity will be use by someone.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 416
October 09, 2019, 03:21:54 AM
The concept of cryptocurrency is being anonymous, cryptocurrency and the person behind the crypto remains anonymous or unknown because for the safety measures of them,  so if the projects need an kyc I actually decline those projects.
I believe that our identity must be remain unknown because as we see on the social media and internet there are so many identity theft that uses your name and other identity to cheat other people.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
October 08, 2019, 06:51:15 PM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

This issue happened to me too. I think the bounty KYC is another form of scam these days. So stay from bounties with KYC. If the bounty is really legit they don't actually care about your personal data. In fact, what are they going to do it? they don't have the time to check bounty ids they are busy working on their project. 
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
October 08, 2019, 07:39:19 AM
KYC is not the biggest problem. I have absolutely no problem with passing a simple KYC check if it was announced in a right way.  What is unacceptable, is that after a bounty ends, the team announces KYC. This is nothing else than cheating.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 21
October 08, 2019, 07:35:19 AM
When you done KYC with your bounty campaign just waiting for sending coin to your account, you check your KYC is approved or not because if your KYC reject you will do not receive coin bounty anymore. Be quiet with bounty campaign needed KYC and check how much coin price higher or not, if have lower price left and what for have submit KYC.

But many projects have ended now and asked for KYC but the tokens have not been listed, right? What do you want to do to give up KYC or just leave it not getting a reward?

So that's where we have to know if the project looks good then you immediately do KYC, but if the project is not good marketing or the product is not running then just advise not doing KYC.
If it was me, I wont do any kyc, bounty hunters does not need to undergo kyc process, we're not even an investor, if they dont give my reward, i'll leave it there, and also I'm not participating in any bounty campaign that requires their participant to undergo KYC.

That means you are going to deprive yourself from participating in good quality bounty because if you look closely most bounty who are legit often requires kyc from participants because they are complying with AML, yes hunters does not require kyc but in most cases hunters register in bounty with more than one account and kyc is the sure way of filtering out those who have more than one account.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 506
October 08, 2019, 05:14:54 AM
whoaa, this is why people hate kyc. maybe for some people they feel this is good if bounty require kyc for reward, some people definitely reject, and some poeple dont know and try it. i dont know whats the point, but for me kyc needed for people that want to cheat, but now the purpose truely different.
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
October 08, 2019, 05:09:12 AM

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284
October 08, 2019, 04:59:45 AM

Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
October 08, 2019, 01:35:53 AM
Activity: 1526
Merit: 251
October 08, 2019, 01:32:29 AM
it depends on the rules of each project you cannot conclude that projects that always ask for KYC are fail / scam.
then those who don't ask for KYC are successful projects.
it all depends on their regulations, many projects are asking for KYC and they are successful.
be wise in choosing projects, especially those using KYC.
Activity: 980
Merit: 101
September 16, 2019, 01:25:32 PM
My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project

I don't think of everything like that, all back to the project itself.
Warning. before give a personal identity to another party, think first. I see many people give their identity easy, only because for ($5/$10)

Agree with you. it's worth less to give your personal details for some penny. I do KYC for couple of project also, some of them give me coin some are not. I don't like KYC system a lot but at this time i little bit support KYC because of lot of scammers. It's too much painful when someone stole your reward by doing nothing.

I think it's not about KYC dude it's about project you are working. Find smartly a good project hope it'll never disappoint to you.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
September 16, 2019, 11:34:12 AM
You are definitely right ! Personally I am not too cool with giving out my details for anyone especially online ! Who knows what they do with it ! Another observation is that project with strict kyc rules don’t really pay well !
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
September 11, 2019, 01:56:13 PM
Its depend from the project. For examples, Harmony required KYC, and it's one of the top projects.  Always do research before send your document to the project.
A good step in my opinion because indeed we have to be really sure if the project we follow has quality so, it is commensurate with the data we send through kyc, as we know if our personal data is a very confidential matter, so if we do kyc, we must we make sure if the data we send is not used incorrectly because today there are many projects / airdrop scams that ask for kyc and our data is used for bad things.
Pages:
Jump to: