Pages:
Author

Topic: Amazon and Bitcoin - page 8. (Read 2222 times)

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 06, 2017, 05:59:43 AM
Do you think Amazon will accept bitcoin (in this year or next future )?

For the fact that there is a rumour around it shows that its on the table and some of the options to consider. They themselves as an organisations knows about this and that is why they willingly leaked such to the press in other to get the feeling of people and their reactions as well as regulatory agencies. If the good reception is very much more than the backlash, then we should see some implementation around that in the coming days but if otherwise, we still have to wait a long period of time before that will see the light of the day.

I think before the petition was put into action, amazon has already at the back of their mind thinking of bitcoin as a acceptable mode of payment. I think as early as May or June, or maybe earlier than that they are considering bitcoin however when the price pick up they have made the decision to just wait. And when it was petitioned last October, they renewed their interest to see if its fit their business organization goal. However, right now they don't see fit so I guess we have to wait.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
November 06, 2017, 05:47:47 AM

For the fact that there is a rumour around it shows that its on the table and some of the options to consider. They themselves as an organisations knows about this and that is why they willingly leaked such to the press in other to get the feeling of people and their reactions as well as regulatory agencies. If the good reception is very much more than the backlash, then we should see some implementation around that in the coming days but if otherwise, we still have to wait a long period of time before that will see the light of the day.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
November 06, 2017, 04:53:51 AM
As of now, no news about it. All the hype created was nothing but for a rumor and a new thing noticed on what Amazon did is that they bought new domain names and those names we're surprisingly we're crypto names, like ethereum. No one is hyped up for it which is again surprising here. I think amazon will introduce itself to bitcoin most probably in 2018.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
November 06, 2017, 04:35:21 AM

No and no. Amazon will not be accepting bitcoin - ever. You can count my words. There has been a running rumpor made by some FUD spreaders in the forum about amazon accepting bitcoin. However this will not happen and if it was to happen then there would be a official announcement from Amazon and also there would be a huge spike in bitcoin price.

instead of Amazon has received a bitcoin payment bro, as far as I know amazon has been applied in this year and it certainly can boost the price of bitcoin

What exactly do you mean to say? Your words make no sense. Also Amazon accepting bitcoin would make for some healthy growth in the price but this will not be happening anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
November 06, 2017, 04:24:30 AM
amazon has been evolve fo a long time time, from selling books to a giant e-commerce, and bitcoin was an e-commerce too. so there is no doubt that amazon will soon adapt bitcoin but they are just observing the market and waiting for the right moment or they are making another cryptocurrency adaption. . so their site like amazonethereum.com and amazoncryptocurrency.com are a sign that amazon are preparing and ready to be launched.

Well, it wouldn't be impossible for amazon to do that just in case they will turn their interest on crypto. I find in better for them if they have their own branded crpyto which is a good promotion too for the business.
It will be a future massive coin/token for the people and it will turn tide to other kinds of it, mainly those who have purposes for E-Commerce (buying , selling online).
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
November 06, 2017, 12:18:49 AM
amazon has been evolve fo a long time time, from selling books to a giant e-commerce, and bitcoin was an e-commerce too. so there is no doubt that amazon will soon adapt bitcoin but they are just observing the market and waiting for the right moment or they are making another cryptocurrency adaption. . so their site like amazonethereum.com and amazoncryptocurrency.com are a sign that amazon are preparing and ready to be launched.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 100
November 06, 2017, 12:12:45 AM
maybe they will accept bitcoin in the future amazon will get more profit if they add bitcoin as a payment method, this will increase the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
November 05, 2017, 11:42:55 PM
Isn't amazon trying to crate its own crypto? Yeh it would be much easier if Amazon just accepts BTC or other cryptos, but given its Amazon they will definitely look for profit. I'm not sure how making their own crypto is going to profit them, but it seems like they are moving in that direction.
Making their own crypto is just necessary, people already comfortable by using payment method just like paypal or credit card and by creating their own crypto, they will just confusing their customer, nothing more especially if they deploy their own blockchain, they will forcefully rewarding their miners with the coin that can be used to pay stuff in amazon and so on. For me, not a wise move, but maybe different from amazon perspective.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
November 05, 2017, 11:38:33 PM
Probably not now but soon Amazon will give in and join other online markets once they will accept bitcoin on their site. I think most of the online companies are already interested in the cryptoworld and are even thinking of creating their own to benefit from it rather than conjoining from a widely known blockchain such as bitcoin and ethereum but let's just see how far this goes.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
November 05, 2017, 11:20:26 PM
Isn't amazon trying to crate its own crypto? Yeh it would be much easier if Amazon just accepts BTC or other cryptos, but given its Amazon they will definitely look for profit. I'm not sure how making their own crypto is going to profit them, but it seems like they are moving in that direction.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
November 05, 2017, 11:04:04 PM
I have seen before that Amazon was interested in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies.

They actually would have grown more as a company and made more profit had they just bought into some type of bitcoin or eth or something.

It is funny when you think about it and look at how many alt coins were less than 1 USD and are now worth tens of dollars or hundreds on some. Amazon for "how smart they are" sure are not smart enough to get into crypto now while the prices are still low. Had they have been accepting BTC since the beginning they would have billions of USD worth of BTC if they held it.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
November 05, 2017, 10:57:25 PM

Yes, I think Amazon will eventually accept Bitcoin as a payment method. I also think many other companies will as well. The problem is that with Bitcoin fees so high, I don’t think many customers are going to want to spend their Bitcoins for many of these purchases. I think other cryptocurrencies will eventually also be accepted as a payment method and many of these will be better suited for this purpose because of lower fees and for faster transaction times. It may take several years for this to happen, but I think this is the future of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
November 05, 2017, 09:12:21 PM
if amazon can take a look for a big opportunity to use bitcoin then i think amazon will accepting bitcoin as the payment because with the news of bitcoin in every where, amazon will thinking more about bitcoin. but i think amazon will use bitcoin if the price is not too volatile because they don't want to see any problem when their customer used bitcoin as the payment in future. maybe amazon is waiting for bitcoin price is stay at the one level price so they can try beta tester to use bitcoin for the payment.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
November 05, 2017, 09:06:54 PM
instead of Amazon has received a bitcoin payment bro, as far as I know amazon has been applied in this year and it certainly can boost the price of bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
November 05, 2017, 08:39:26 PM
well there's a rumors that amazon will accepting cryptocurrencies.but the company has never acknowledged these plans.. but i think for me its a good news if amazon will accepting bitcoin as payment.

This is 100% not true my friend. The whole rumor that started about Amazon accepting Bitcoin was done so by a former employee of theirs who is known for this kind of thing. He creates false news headlines and this is one of them. I must admit it would be cool to see Amazon accept Bitcoin, but their current setup is near, if not perfect and you know they say "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".
Activity: 202
Merit: 102
November 05, 2017, 07:59:20 PM
well there's a rumors that amazon will accepting cryptocurrencies.but the company has never acknowledged these plans.. but i think for me its a good news if amazon will accepting bitcoin as payment.
Activity: 603
November 05, 2017, 07:27:18 PM
Do i really care if Amazon accepts bitcoin or not,if i want to purchase anything now with bitcoin you have purse.io where you can get products with bitcoin and i really do not care if amazon gives a shit about bitcoin or not as this has being a topic for a very long time. Wink
Activity: 650
November 05, 2017, 07:14:15 PM
this is just a rumour, you all are taking this very seriously because all those are just fake news, it is like when there were some people saying that apple stores were going to accept ethereum, a lot of people took it seriously and the price of eth skyrocketed for a few days, but then it dropped.
This is the same, it is just a rumour and people are considering that amazon will start to accept bitcoin, and for me, it is not possible, and it would not happen for now.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
November 05, 2017, 06:45:32 PM
Well, the rumor is already there.Amazon may have no plan to accept cryptocurrency now, but Amazon’s attitude matters greatly. It’s reasonable to assume that if Amazon eventually accepts cryptocurrency, the entire market could be lifted.

Note, on October 31, Amazon registered three domains related to cryptocurrency, sparking speculation that Amazon may soon begin accepting cryptocurrency. The domains are amazonethereum.com, amazoncryptocurrency.com, and amazoncryptocurrencies.com. Amazon already owns the “amazonbitcoin.com” domain name.

This is not the first time a rumor has circulated that Amazon will accept digital currency. A few weeks ago, there was news based on sources in Silicon Valley reporting that Amazon could soon integrate Bitcoin as a payment option.
That's a bit strange for me. How people are taking it seriously. The amazon gives mass adoption or advertisement to the bitcoin and that's okay. But it seems the amazon try to divided the market. And it just like the amazon try to build an public opinion about the amazon try to adopt the crypto because the amazon already bought some domain related to the crypto. But remember the amazon can change the plan anytime.  Remember that's waste our time to bet on the rumor.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
November 05, 2017, 06:44:09 PM
There are many rumors about this and speculation that they might accept it after they've already created sites that is related to digital currency that shows they might potentially accept bitcoin and ethereum. But still this are all rumors still no official word from amazon itself maybe they're waiting for the holiday seasons to come where there are lots of volume buyers or another big company to invest to convince them to invest to and join the bitcoin train.
Pages:
Jump to: