Pages:
Author

Topic: Amazon and Bitcoin - page 9. (Read 2222 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
November 05, 2017, 06:42:11 PM
Looking at their free shipping policy, amazon appears to operate mainly in the united states. Their shipping network isn't equipped to function well on an international basis. If north america represents amazon's largest consumer demographic, I think they'll wait for international expansion to grow before including widespread support for crypto currencies.

The large majority of americans have access to debit/credit cards/paypal/gift cards & including support for crypto likely won't make a difference in their domestic US markets. Internationally however the percentage of consumers with access to electronic payment can decline. Crypto having a lower bar to entry for consumers could make it an attractive method of digital payment in areas like africa which are prone towards having unstable currencies and perhaps not the most cost effective methods of electronic payment.

What amazon's precise business plans are is anyone's guess. Business is going very well for them atm. Their key thing is efficiency. Eliminating "brick and mortar" stores gives them an efficiency advantage over traditional stores. Whether amazon expands and includes support for crypto may depend upon regulation. Tariffs, taxes, fees on shipping. Import/export regulations from US based businesses to foreign countries. Whether amazon can establish distribution centers in other countries who will be open to them operating there.

I don't think amazon will include support for crypto in 2018. But there is https://purse.io/ (which I have never used btw and can't comment on) it could make direct crypto support redundant to a degree. Paying for things on amazon with crypto may not be that difficult. What might be hard is finding shipping support, especially for international residents.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
November 05, 2017, 06:39:20 PM
Do you think Amazon will accept bitcoin (in this year or next future )?

As far as I'm concern, this is still a rumor until such time that Amazon did really confirm that they are going to accept bitcoin as mode of payment. There are news saying that they bought 3 crypto related domains, so this must be sign that they will accept it in the future. But honestly, its better to wait till we have a official word from them. And if they did then bitcoin price will boom and be pump once again. Lets see how things will evolved regarding their decision on the acceptance of bitcoin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
November 05, 2017, 06:36:22 PM
There's already multiple threads about this, and thus far no official word, only speculation and hopes.

As I said in other, similar, threads I would be glad if they started taking bitcoin.  Myself, I don't like to
spend crypto when I can spend fiat, but sometimes you need cash and sometimes you need physical
things, the latter of which Amazon provides, and does it well.  I would gladly spend some of my
campaign earnings, for example, on books or video games from those guys.  And I'm sure a lot of the
shit posters on bitcointalk who abuse campaigns to no end feel the same.  They can't sell their bitcoin
here because no one trusts them, and there needs to be an outlet for them (and people like me) to
spend what they earn.  I'd love to see Amazon start accepting not only bitcoin, but other alts like
doge and litecoin.  But we'll see.  As of right now, it's only rumor and hope.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
November 05, 2017, 06:21:44 PM
Well, the rumor is already there.Amazon may have no plan to accept cryptocurrency now, but Amazon’s attitude matters greatly. It’s reasonable to assume that if Amazon eventually accepts cryptocurrency, the entire market could be lifted.

Note, on October 31, Amazon registered three domains related to cryptocurrency, sparking speculation that Amazon may soon begin accepting cryptocurrency. The domains are amazonethereum.com, amazoncryptocurrency.com, and amazoncryptocurrencies.com. Amazon already owns the “amazonbitcoin.com” domain name.

This is not the first time a rumor has circulated that Amazon will accept digital currency. A few weeks ago, there was news based on sources in Silicon Valley reporting that Amazon could soon integrate Bitcoin as a payment option.
Activity: 294
Merit: 102
November 05, 2017, 06:02:17 PM
Do you think Amazon will accept bitcoin (in this year or next future )?
Pages:
Jump to: