Author

Topic: Analysis - page 172. (Read 941563 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
July 21, 2015, 02:42:31 AM
Yep, for those who want to take profit from this particular figure, buy point is just above the cup.

couple  quick Qs -

A) do these larger timeframe patterns typically play out with btc?

B) what would the handle target be?
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
July 21, 2015, 02:41:21 AM
Handle is riding so buy the routine upswing if that's your push. This is a hot ride up.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
July 21, 2015, 02:37:13 AM
Yep, for those who want to take profit from this particular figure, buy point is just above the cup.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
July 21, 2015, 02:29:28 AM
The buy point for a cup with handle is even with the high point of the handle. So, look for price to break out past $310 in large volume.
Meaning you shoud've bought already or buy now considering the fulfillment move is coming up in a large way. You've been warned that the green shoots are coming hot.
legendary
July 21, 2015, 02:14:59 AM
can you come for my party luc? please? Lol. Whats up with all the d*ck sucking? CHill!

Come to Grand bay in Mauritius, we will drink some rum hehe  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
July 20, 2015, 03:59:47 PM
can you come for my party luc? please? Lol. Whats up with all the d*ck sucking? CHill!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2015, 03:45:08 PM
Keep on topic please. This is lucs thread

I think Luc can speak for himself, I don't think the above messages were off-topic at all. It's about analysis and trading.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050
July 20, 2015, 02:14:32 PM
Keep on topic please. This is lucs thread
Activity: 841
July 20, 2015, 10:13:26 AM
Hi!

I found "Technical Analysis of Stock Trends" by Edwards and Magee to be valuable early on in my trading days.

Cheers!

Hi Luc (and fellow BTCers),

What course of study would you recommend for a novice analyst with less than one year trading experience? I'd like to make trading my full time job but the amount of information out there is overwhelming. It's often hard to separate the wheat from the chaff (lunar cycles anyone?). Any advice would be much appreciated.
That is also the book i read first about this subject, indeed very useful for beginners.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1755
July 20, 2015, 10:11:36 AM
Hi!

I found "Technical Analysis of Stock Trends" by Edwards and Magee to be valuable early on in my trading days.

Cheers!

What course of study would you recommend for a novice analyst with less than one year trading experience? I'd like to make trading my full time job but the amount of information out there is overwhelming. It's often hard to separate the wheat from the chaff (lunar cycles anyone?). Any advice would be much appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
July 20, 2015, 07:31:26 AM
The buy point for a cup with handle is even with the high point of the handle. So, look for price to break out past $310 in large volume.
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
July 20, 2015, 06:21:36 AM
How long can we stay in this range for the cup and handle to be invalid?

Volume should be decreasing during the handle. I'd say as long as we don't see volume increase (unlikely during sideways move) the pattern is valid.

Volume should go up on handle breakout, of course.

Green 6h Macd should close the handle Wink
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
July 20, 2015, 01:53:25 AM

Someone recommended FOREX...  That's good for starters.  Here are a couple of links to help you get started with FOREX:

http://www.babypips.com/school

http://theinnercircletrader.com/Tutorials.htm
legendary
Activity: 1288
Enabling the maximal migration
July 20, 2015, 01:34:58 AM

honestly if you are asking that question, you shouldn't be trading... especially bitcoin. best way to lose your money. 95% of the people who think they are smarter than the market lose money trading it....
get a practice account for forex and try strategies out until you get one that works.
For bitcoin, just buy and hold.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
July 20, 2015, 01:08:20 AM

There are way more experienced individuals out there than I, but I started with some Martin Pring presentations on the basics of TA. His books are also very informative!
Han
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 19, 2015, 11:57:49 PM

Edit: Thanks for all the suggestions, looking through them now. I'm here because I'm particularly interested in Luc's analysis, strategies, style, emphasis/de-emphasis on particular indicators in various market conditions, and I don't think I'm the only one. Otherwise, I would've just asked for suggestions in the noob section or PMed him
legendary
July 19, 2015, 10:15:04 PM
Gold h&s on daily chart I mentioned few months ago triggered. 5% drop in one hour. Target 1000, this would look like a bottom.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
July 19, 2015, 06:47:53 PM
What do you think about this: "$273.47 · BTC 5k by end of the year, mark my words"

From here: https://www.whaleclub.co/post/hrGpa6
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
July 19, 2015, 05:05:40 PM

Volume should be decreasing during the handle. I'd say as long as we don't see volume increase (unlikely during sideways move) the pattern is valid.

Volume and price will go up :-)
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
July 19, 2015, 03:03:50 PM

Jump to: