Pages:
Author

Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto - page 4. (Read 20578 times)

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
community showed support, great thing Smiley happy to be part of it

Do you feel proud to be part of a pre-order money grab scheme? I am start to think this money will be never donated to Mr Nakamoto. Greed has corrupted most of the big enterprises behind Bitcoin. Why this is going to be different anyway?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
community showed support, great thing Smiley happy to be part of it
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Mr A has publicly stated that he's off the grid for a week in early April.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
If Andreas don't deliver, then there's 'no hope' left for bitcoin. He does certainly not appear as a scammer.

He appears to genuinely believe in the technology and to care about other people, and making big personal sacrifices for the good of Bitcoin.

Interesting to learn how this turns out.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Looks nice for me.

Some things are just too hard to find in google.
vip
By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

Andreas is a busy guy anyways so I don't really blame him.

Yeah, he must be busy planning the next excuse to keep the money collected near him.

LoL

It is quite likely the price will not rise in the near future. The demand for Bitcoin is obviously decreasing. Nobody in his sane mind will invest in a market based on fraud, theft and money grab schemes. That is what Bitcoin market became.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Andreas Antonopolous is planning on meeting Dorian in person when he is available to do so:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2014/03/31/bitcoin-philanthropists-raise-21000-for-dorian-satoshi-nakamoto/
If Andreas is going to meet Dorian in person, that's cool.

Actually, it's a shrewd move to not give an exact date, in case it causes more media attention.

And hopefully the beatings will continue until Newsweek improves  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
“I will be completing the pledged delivery of funds at some point in April,” he continued. “The exact details will remain confidential to protect the privacy of Mr. Dorian Nakamoto. For security reasons, I plan to meet in person to ensure that I am delivering the funds to the right person, as pledged during the fundraiser. I have been impressed by the generosity of the community and I hope that these funds will somewhat compensate for the egregious violation of his privacy due to the irresponsible and poorly researched article by Newsweek, a tabloid rag serving to demonstrate the sad decline of serious journalism in this country.”

So from "at the end of March" to "at some point in April". Look like the pre-order money grab scheme is working flawless.

LoL

By mid April the price might be $600 or more so maybe it is a good idea for Andreas to take another week or two.

Andreas is a busy guy anyways so I don't really blame him.
vip
“I will be completing the pledged delivery of funds at some point in April,” he continued. “The exact details will remain confidential to protect the privacy of Mr. Dorian Nakamoto. For security reasons, I plan to meet in person to ensure that I am delivering the funds to the right person, as pledged during the fundraiser. I have been impressed by the generosity of the community and I hope that these funds will somewhat compensate for the egregious violation of his privacy due to the irresponsible and poorly researched article by Newsweek, a tabloid rag serving to demonstrate the sad decline of serious journalism in this country.”

So from "at the end of March" to "at some point in April". Look like the pre-order money grab scheme is working flawless.

LoL
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Dorian ready to harvest his fundraised BTC!

Stolen from here: https://twitter.com/russiacoin/status/450667343337635842

Let's hope he actually accepts it

Pretty good job, but you forgot one thing: 2BG2PAIL. I'll leave it you to figure out where to paste it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
I, too, am curious to see what's going on with this fundraiser.

Will this amount of BTC ever touch Dorian's hands?

Andreas Antonopolous is planning on meeting Dorian in person when he is available to do so:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasperhamill/2014/03/31/bitcoin-philanthropists-raise-21000-for-dorian-satoshi-nakamoto/
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
I, too, am curious to see what's going on with this fundraiser.

Will this amount of BTC ever touch Dorian's hands?
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
What is the delay in getting the man his money?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Touchdown
How can a man who had to get his internet disconnected because of financial strain afford that??!! And we couldn't help him out earlier??
No win, no fee.

Re Bitcoin price, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As one of those, who donated, I am curious as to how Andreas will proceed from here. On one hand I understand the need for privacy, after all that's what the donation was all about, on the other hand it needs to be documented for the benefit of the community, which is very weary of scams.

I hope to at least see some activity on Reddit (last activity there 24 days ago), and some publicly verifiable transaction details, showing who becomes the recipient of the money (it might be a charity, if Dorian refuses to accept).

Video or media publicity stunts are definitely not called for.
It's now April and looks like everyone has forgotten about this.

I did suggest a number of times to get the money over to him the first week of March, rather than wait until now. If they did, it was worth about $3-5000 more than it is now!

Supposedly Dorian has hired a lawyer:
http://news.yahoo.com/nakamoto-hires-lawyer-newsweek-bitcoin-fight-172016289--finance.html

How can a man who had to get his internet disconnected because of financial strain afford that??!! And we couldn't help him out earlier??

It's so lame that the supposedly "instant payment" bitcom spent weeks dicking around, just like some lame ass traditional bank.

What will be the next lame move? Some asshole turns up at his house and gives him a USB key with the BTC wallet on it, which he can't use.

It's a poor showing from bitcom. Andreas better get his act together, contact the AP reporter who interviewed Dorian (Ryan Nakashima?) and make headway to getting the money collected over to Dorian fast and in a format he can use.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
As one of those, who donated, I am curious as to how Andreas will proceed from here. On one hand I understand the need for privacy, after all that's what the donation was all about, on the other hand it needs to be documented for the benefit of the community, which is very weary of scams.

I hope to at least see some activity on Reddit (last activity there 24 days ago), and some publicly verifiable transaction details, showing who becomes the recipient of the money (it might be a charity, if Dorian refuses to accept).

Video or media publicity stunts are definitely not called for.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Did I got this right, that your delusional fanaticism for some spare digits is more important that respect the privacy of a person?

Well, the coins needs to be handed over somehow. Would it not be enough with Andreas handing it over and making a short film about the transaction and releasing it? It needs not be a press event.

I'm sure Dorian can put the money to good use. Perhaps a new model train!
vip
So all you want is the press to cover the event? That means, for you what matters is the Bitcoin being exposed, even if the consequences is more invasion of the privacy of someone already stressed by the invasion of privacy of the press?

Did I got this right, that your delusional fanaticism for some spare digits is more important that respect the privacy of a person?
Dorian ready to harvest his fundraised BTC!

Stolen from here: https://twitter.com/russiacoin/status/450667343337635842

Let's hope he actually accepts it
Pages:
Jump to: