Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] 0pticoin (0TC) - Release Date: May 15, 2013 - Postponed ~1 month [ANN] - page 9. (Read 18824 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Just so you guys know, anyone who is mining on the client currently on my github, that code is outdated.

I have made changes which are not reflected in the code on my github and when I release the coin tomorrow it will be released with a different genesis block. The genesis block in the code now was for testing purposes only. Any coins mined now will not be compatible with the new client.

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
seems to be legit considering all the recent updates...
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How does it calculate the chance for x2/x5 block rewards?

I may just recompile it and give myself a 100% chance
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Are we there yet?
Still another 24 hours man before it's released.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
if you want to be really fair, you can supply a guide for the people who doesn't know how to solo mine, that way people can start creating pools, when all people can solo mine in the meanwhile...

~

or to be really fair.  premine the coin and then give those coins to the people who cry the most about how unfair the coin is.

thats a good option, please can you mine some for me?
LOL
i know how to solo mine, but each time more people has interest, and you will see tons of post asking how to solo mine "this" coin.

Besides, i'm really interest in try your experiment, is that a bad thing?

Not all the people is judging you, and fighting you... i like your idea.

I also want to ask, what would be the initial diff? thanks

~
Activity: 308
1 day before release everything is still TBA.

Seems legit
Activity: 714
if you want to be really fair, you can supply a guide for the people who doesn't know how to solo mine, that way people can start creating pools, when all people can solo mine in the meanwhile...

~

or to be really fair.  premine the coin and then give those coins to the people who cry the most about how unfair the coin is.
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

~
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
mark....so many coins these days
Activity: 714
Guys, is it worth to mine this shitCoin?

Yes, I have already mined 10k of them and will continue mining.

how exactly have you mined without any IPs/Wallet?!
Activity: 98
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Activity: 98
Guys, is it worth to mine this shitCoin?
UPDATE:

Changed the seed for random number generation from nHeight to hashMerkleRoot which will ALWAYS be random as IT is randomly generated by the tx info contained in the block (this is what I mistakenly thought "nHeight" was).

Changed the seed for random number generation from nHeight to nTime. I was originally going to use hashMerkleRoot for the seed but there were compatibility issues between using "uint256" and "unsigned int" together. nTime should suffice for random number generation.
Height is a simple incremented number on each block, it is not random.

You just blew all credibility at being able to develop this or any coin as you don't know how BTC works.  I am labeling you a wannabee programmer and advising you to go spend a year or three learning the basics and playing on test net, and advising everyone else to avoid your coin/s until such time as you can demonstrate real understanding.

Ok, clearly you missed this entire thread where I said this is my first time forking a coin, it is intended to be for experimental/learning purposes so that I can learn the process of dev'ing a new coin and familiarizing myself with the code and how it works.

I don't really care what your opinion of me or my coin is at this point as I am just starting out and the coin is not intended to be a ready-out-of-the-box-final-release version, it is intended to be my playground as I learn and experiment with new code implementations.

Label me whatever you want, I could care less.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Height is a simple incremented number on each block, it is not random.

You just blew all credibility at being able to develop this or any coin as you don't know how BTC works.  I am labeling you a wannabee programmer and advising you to go spend a year or three learning the basics and playing on test net, and advising everyone else to avoid your coin/s until such time as you can demonstrate real understanding.
nHeight is used as the seed for random number generation.

Okay, so the entire future of block rewards is pre-determined at launch.

As soon as the source code is released, everyone / anyone can compute all the block rewards block by block into the future.

So it is not really "random" in an expectation sense, it is merely an announced in the code at launch pre-determined sequence of rewards well known to all miners so they can plan in advance which blocks to hop to this chain for and which to leave to the peons.

It has a so called "random distribution" in a statistical sense maybe, but it is totally scheduled in advance, you mightt as well include a list of the first million blocks' rewards with the package to save others the trouble of generating the list themselves.

-MarkM-

...?

nHeight will vary from block to block depending ont he tx's/info contained in each block and when seeded into the random number generation will generate a COMPLETELY random number each time...
whj
Activity: 84
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
nHeight is used as the seed for random number generation.

Okay, so the entire future of block rewards is pre-determined at launch.

As soon as the source code is released, everyone / anyone can compute all the block rewards block by block into the future.

So it is not really "random" in an expectation sense, it is merely an announced in the code at launch pre-determined sequence of rewards well known to all miners so they can plan in advance which blocks to hop to this chain for and which to leave to the peons.

It has a so called "random distribution" in a statistical sense maybe, but it is totally scheduled in advance, you mightt as well include a list of the first million blocks' rewards with the package to save others the trouble of generating the list themselves.

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: