Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener - page 7. (Read 59500 times)

Activity: 367
Merit: 34
Do you have any plans to release 1060-1070? There are a lot of these GPU and now they are often unprofitable mining...

The answer is the same as it has always been.

“Not for free”
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Do you have any plans to release 1060-1070? There are a lot of these GPU and now they are often unprofitable mining...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Where did you download  the pill anyway? Also, this isn't a serious thing. Ethlargement pill will control your GPU's memory timing. This isn't a threat at all so ignore the warning.

Downloaded from the link in first post: github.com
So how's that - you advise to ignore the warning from anti-virus software, because...you are affiliated in some way with the authors of the pill or because you done disassembly of it and have found out that it is clean as virgin tears?

And yes - the pill controls memory timings. As well as other things (which average user may never notice, this is irony).

People, be smart, do not download or run this shit.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
Healing Galing
The pill has Trojan in itself. Today it was detected by Microsoft Anti-malware as Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fOccamy.C&threatid=2147726780

Actually that explains a lot of my recent multiple BSODs and freezes (no overclocking and no other hardware changes in my system: 2xEVGA 1070 + 2xEVGA 1080). However, after removal of the pill, the system is stable again. Funny, because it was stable for couple of months with the pill. It appears that remote attackers tried to build a "little" botnet  - I believe many of us have put the pill in a startup script.

Here is another interesting article about the trojan type:
https://malwarefixes.com/threats/trojanwin32-occamy-c/
Where did you download  the pill anyway? Also, this isn't a serious thing. Ethlargement pill will control your GPU's memory timing. This isn't a threat at all so ignore the warning.
Activity: 3
The pill has Trojan in itself. Today it was detected by Microsoft Anti-malware as Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3aWin32%2fOccamy.C&threatid=2147726780

Actually that explains a lot of my recent multiple BSODs and freezes (no overclocking and no other hardware changes in my system: 2xEVGA 1070 + 2xEVGA 1080). However, after removal of the pill, the system is stable again. Funny, because it was stable for couple of months with the pill. It appears that remote attackers tried to build a "little" botnet  - I believe many of us have put the pill in a startup script.

Here is another interesting article about the trojan type:
https://malwarefixes.com/threats/trojanwin32-occamy-c/
Activity: 71
Works great, thanks. Got 52.5mh on 1080Ti.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028
@OhGodACompany are you working on a pill for 2080/2080ti (gddr6)?
Most likely it is no yes/no question. If timing of RTX 2080 (ti) will be described pill can be made by anyone.

GDDR6 MEMORY MAY NOT NEED A PILL--

My GDDR5 1070ti cards are almost as fast as my GDDR5X 1080 cards (with the Pill).  The 1080 cards are slower without the Pill.  The mining performance of the GDDR6 memory has not been publicly determined.  This has been discussed before.  As of just now, the need of a Pill for GDDR6 memory has not been determined by the public mining audience.

I have 2 GTX 1080 cards, and they are really unstable with the Pill in Linux (ethOS).  I am going to pull them off the rig and place them in a Win 7 x64 system by themselves.  The rig will become a 6x GTX 1060 3GB rig running ethOS.  Currently, the 1080 cards with the Pill crash regularly on ethOS.  My 1080ti card on Win 7 x64 is very stable.  I am hoping that the 1080 cards will also be stable on Win 7 x64.

The 1070ti cards and 1080 cards (with the Pill) mine CryptoNight Heavy in the mid-700H/s range.  The 1080 cards can hit 1075-85H/s, but I downclocked them to prevent crashes.  It was not a big success, the mixed rig continues to crash.  I'd like to see coding effort to improve stability on mainstream 1080 cards.       --scryptr
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
Most likely it is no yes/no question. If timing of RTX 2080 (ti) will be described pill can be made by anyone.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Healing Galing
I really wonder how the GDDR6 memory will perform with Ethlargement pill. Base on this graph, the speed of GDDR6 is 25% faster than GDDR5X.

ETH pill only woks for GDDR5X memory. it wont work on GDDR6.

a new pill will be required. and likely wont be available for free (if made).

I wonder how it will perform with Equihash because it heavily relies on memory.

who cares? Equihash is an ASIC algo now. it's a fools errand to try to mine Equihash with a GPU
There are other variants now of Equihash like BTG with more required memory so GPU is still a thing on other altcoins. When you think of Equihash, it's not just only Zcash.
Activity: 36
Late adopter here, Im looking forward to testing this.

Smiley
Activity: 367
Merit: 34
I really wonder how the GDDR6 memory will perform with Ethlargement pill. Base on this graph, the speed of GDDR6 is 25% faster than GDDR5X.

ETH pill only woks for GDDR5X memory. it wont work on GDDR6.

a new pill will be required. and likely wont be available for free (if made).

who cares? Equihash is an ASIC algo now. it's a fools errand to try to mine Equihash with a GPU
legendary
A NEW PILL WILL NEED TO BE FORMULATED--

Or, perhaps not.  The memory structure will be different, and it may perform well without further enhancement.  Regardless, the current Pill will likely not work on the GDDR6 memory, just as it does not work on GDDR5 memory.

I'll let the Furry team figure it out.  Wolf may get all yiffy for the 2080ti.       --scryptr
Healing Galing
Performance with GDDR6 memory (2080ti) has yet to be determined publicly.       --scryptr  

legendary
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY--

I guess I have some reading to do.  Maybe I should invest my CPU-mining revenue in BCI.       --scryptr
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Checked and it's not hardening my progpow hashrate.  Wink

PROGPOW IS FASTER SANS THE PILL--

I tried it both ways, and the Pill hinders ProgPOW hash rate.  The miner was unstable when running the Pill and mining ProgPOW on 1080 cards/ethOS (linux OS).  My 1080 cards are now mining CryptoNight Heavy with the Pill at about 785H/s, vs 735H/s for my 1070ti cards.  The 1070ti cards are not running the Pill, of course.  Both rigs run ethOS.

Without the Pill, my 1080 cards run CryptoNight Heavy in the mid- 600H/s range.  This is with XMR-Stak, +120 core, +700 memory, ethOS operating system.  The 1080 cards are the most stable on CryptoNight Heavy compared to ETH and ProgPOW both.  The Pill does help with ETH mining, of course, but I did not see fantastic 40MH/s -plus hash rates as some have reported. The 1080s ran in the low-to-mid 30MH/s range, and were unstable, with the Pill.  Clocks for ETH mining were the same as I am now using for CryptoNight Heavy.   Energy use for CryptoNight Heavy is about 50-60% the wattage for ETH.
Every card is different. Some guys achieve 40+ on 1080's but the majority won't. I was able to squeeze 37 out of my EVGA 1080 SuperClocked but at the expense of stability. They do 36 nice and stable however.

Quote from: scryptr
I have a few ProgPOW coins (BCI, BitCoin Interest) now, sitting in my wallet.  When do I get my interest?  ProgPOW supposedly takes more energy than ETH.       --scryptr
You need to register for staking. Go to my.bitcoininterest.io and register your wallet details and amount of coins you want to stake for what period.
legendary
Checked and it's not hardening my progpow hashrate.  Wink

PROGPOW IS FASTER SANS THE PILL--

I tried it both ways, and the Pill hinders ProgPOW hash rate.  The miner was unstable when running the Pill and mining ProgPOW on 1080 cards/ethOS (linux OS).  My 1080 cards are now mining CryptoNight Heavy with the Pill at about 785H/s, vs 735H/s for my 1070ti cards.  The 1070ti cards are not running the Pill, of course.  Both rigs run ethOS.

Without the Pill, my 1080 cards run CryptoNight Heavy in the mid- 600H/s range.  This is with XMR-Stak, +120 core, +700 memory, ethOS operating system.  The 1080 cards are the most stable on CryptoNight Heavy compared to ETH and ProgPOW both.  The Pill does help with ETH mining, of course, but I did not see fantastic 40MH/s -plus hash rates as some have reported. The 1080s ran in the low-to-mid 30MH/s range, and were unstable, with the Pill.  Clocks for ETH mining were the same as I am now using for CryptoNight Heavy.   Energy use for CryptoNight Heavy is about 50-60% the wattage for ETH.

I have a few ProgPOW coins (BCI, BitCoin Interest) now, sitting in my wallet.  When do I get my interest?  ProgPOW supposedly takes more energy than ETH.       --scryptr
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Checked and it's not hardening my progpow hashrate.  Wink
Activity: 682
Merit: 500
Any news on the 1070ti pill?
W/o pill gtx 1070ti makes like gtx 1080 with pill, which for 1070ti's memory imposible!
GDDR5X MEMORY--

The memory used by 1080/1080ti cards is GDDR5X memory.    Without the Pill, these cards give less than optimal mining performance.  GTX cards in the 10 series below the 1080 level use GDDR5 memory, which performs well as-is.  There is no big need for a Pill for GDDR5 memory cards.  Better mining code may help.

That said, there may be a possible Pill for 980/980ti cards, as they also have GDDR5X memory.  A 980ti card will mine ETH only slightly better than a 970 card.  The greater number of CUDA cores in a 980ti does not result in a proportionally greater perfromance.  A 980ti with a Pill should mine ETH about 28+ MH/s.

Performance with GDDR6 memory (2080ti) has yet to be determined publicly.       --scryptr  

980/980ti use GDDR5 also, not GDDR5X.
legendary
Any news on the 1070ti pill?
W/o pill gtx 1070ti makes like gtx 1080 with pill, which for 1070ti's memory imposible!
GDDR5X MEMORY--

The memory used by 1080/1080ti cards is GDDR5X memory.    Without the Pill, these cards give less than optimal mining performance.  GTX cards in the 10 series below the 1080 level use GDDR5 memory, which performs well as-is.  There is no big need for a Pill for GDDR5 memory cards.  Better mining code may help.

That said, there may be a possible Pill for 980/980ti cards, as they also have GDDR5X memory.  A 980ti card will mine ETH only slightly better than a 970 card.  The greater number of CUDA cores in a 980ti does not result in a proportionally greater perfromance.  A 980ti with a Pill should mine ETH about 28+ MH/s.

Pages:
Jump to: