Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener - page 6. (Read 59500 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 10
This is a very good application that significantly increases the hashrate of GDDR5X memory cards during the mining of Ether. It would be nice to create the same programs for other popular cryptocurrencies, for example, Monero.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
we need a pill (optimized memory timings) for X22i algo.
Why not contact ohMyGirl or ohmygod company about your request because the last ETHpill was developing by ohmygod company.

I was waiting for this if they can make a pill for gtx 1080ti x22i algos.
legendary
Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

CRYPTO-MINING NEEDS A PILL--

The market is a shade away from being futile.

But seriously, I thought the chain-type algos (x16r, x16s, x22i, etc) were mostly processor bound, and high energy.  How would a blanket memory timing help over various chained algorithms?       --scryptr  

some of these algos are memory reliant, it would increase the overall hash-rate.
legendary
Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

CRYPTO-MINING NEEDS A PILL--

The market is a shade away from being futile.

But seriously, I thought the chain-type algos (x16r, x16s, x22i, etc) were mostly processor bound, and high energy.  How would a blanket memory timing help over various chained algorithms?       --scryptr  
legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
Hashrate of GTX 1080/1080 Ti ?

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti provide hashrate of 34 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 1800 MHz while consuming 250W watts.

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/57/Evga-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-hashrate

You can find more on https://miningchamp.com/
If you post your result in this thread gtx 1080 ti makes 55+ Mh/s with pill.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
Hashrate of GTX 1080/1080 Ti ?

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti provide hashrate of 34 MHash/s for Ethereum at Coreclock 1800 MHz while consuming 250W watts.

https://miningchamp.com/gpus/57/Evga-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-hashrate

You can find more on https://miningchamp.com/
legendary
Any news on the 1070ti pill?
W/o pill gtx 1070ti makes like gtx 1080 with pill, which for 1070ti's memory imposible!
GDDR5X MEMORY--

The memory used by 1080/1080ti cards is GDDR5X memory.    Without the Pill, these cards give less than optimal mining performance.  GTX cards in the 10 series below the 1080 level use GDDR5 memory, which performs well as-is.  There is no big need for a Pill for GDDR5 memory cards.  Better mining code may help.

That said, there may be a possible Pill for 980/980ti cards, as they also have GDDR5X memory.  A 980ti card will mine ETH only slightly better than a 970 card.  The greater number of CUDA cores in a 980ti does not result in a proportionally greater perfromance.  A 980ti with a Pill should mine ETH about 28+ MH/s.

Performance with GDDR6 memory (2080ti) has yet to be determined publicly.       --scryptr  

980/980ti use GDDR5 also, not GDDR5X.

GDDR6 MEMORY NEEDS A PILL--

The RTX 2080ti cards mine ETH only slightly faster than a GTX 1080ti on the Pill  (57-58MH/s vs 52-54MH/s).  This is not proportional to the on-chip processing capability.  There have been a few recent reports.

And, GTX 980-980ti cards have GDDR5X memory, they are not capable of mining ETH much faster than a GTX 970 with GDDR5.  This is not proportional to the on-chip processing capability, the CUDA cores.

--scryptr
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Does anyone else notice that the 1080ti on the pill loses about 1-2 MH/sec in the first few minutes of mining, then stabilizes? Mine have consistently done that, and I'm not sure why. I'm still getting 50-51 MH/sec on each, stable, so I'm pretty satisfied, but curious if anyone else sees this effect and has an idea of the cause.
legendary
I had the executable saved on the desktop of my rigs.  They all disappeared.  Has this happened to anyone else??

your anti-virus probably deleted it, thinking it is a virus.
Activity: 102
I had the executable saved on the desktop of my rigs.  They all disappeared.  Has this happened to anyone else??
Activity: 93
Merit: 41
But, the compute capacity of the CUDA cores is near fully realised on GDDR5 cards.

Actually you can easily test this to show that the cores are not fully utilized with GDDR5 memory: download the source code of ethminer from github, modify the kernel so that in the DAG sampling loop instead of reading from global memory it reads from shared* memory, and you'll be able to see what the CUDA cores are capable of if they were accessing very low latency shared memory as opposed to the much higher latency global memory.

For actual figures, a GTX 1060 which would normally hash at around 23 MH/s when it uses global memory, is capable of around 53 MH/s when it is using shared memory instead. This shows what it's cores are capable of if they had very low latency memory to use instead of the slower GDDR5 device memory.

(* for non-CUDA programmers: shared memory is program-controllable cache memory for data sharing within a thread block and has the same latency as the L1/texture caches)
Activity: 367
Merit: 34
the cuda cores have almost nothing to do with the memory algorithms. AMD cards dont even have cuda cores, and they see performance benefits, why? from increased memory timings and speed, just like with nvidia cards. you need just enough core speed to feed the data in and out of the memory.

i don't know where her comments are, i just remember reading it along with other peoples comments. there was also an interview she did where i think she mentioned it. look around. you should find it
legendary
GDDR5 MEMORY DOES NOT NEED A PILL--

It performs at full compute capacity without a Pill on nVidia architecture.  GDDR5X memory on 1080/1080ti cards does not perform at full compute capacity without the Pill.  With the Pill, the larger number of CUDA cores on a 1080/1080ti card yields a proportionally higher hash rate compared to lower 10-series cards.  Without the Pill, the mining performance (compute performance) is not proportionally greater.       --scryptr

OhGodAGirl has definitely alluded to the existence of a “pill-like” solution for GDDR5 cards. But it was only privately available. It’s not about “compute capacity” (which isn’t even a real metric), it’s about memory timings. The pill works by injecting new memory timings into the GPU in real time. If we could modify and flash the BIOS of nvidia GPUs, the pill wouldn’t even be necessary. You can always improve the performance with memory intensive algorithms by running tighter timings, and that’s exactly what the mining specific GPUs do.

YOU HAVE A POINT--

But, the compute capacity of the CUDA cores is near fully realised on GDDR5 cards.  The improvement for the GDDR5X memory cards is far greater with the Pill.  If there is a pay solution in existence for GDDR5 cards, it is likely not worth any investment for the miner with a handful of rigs.

Where did OhGodAGirl make these comments?       --scryptr
Activity: 83
So how's that - you advise to ignore the warning from anti-virus software, because...you are affiliated in some way with the authors of the pill or because you done disassembly of it and have found out that it is clean as virgin tears?

And yes - the pill controls memory timings. As well as other things (which average user may never notice, this is irony).
Lots of anvitirus software block mining software just because it is mining software and can be stealthily installed on your system
and be used to make some hacker rich. (or becase the World Government does not like crypto, lol).

Even if the software is opensource it can contain exploits nobody would find or care to find for a long time.
So that 'virgin tears' purity grade is simply unreachable  Grin

It performs at full compute capacity without a Pill on nVidia architecture.  GDDR5X memory on 1080/1080ti cards does not perform at full compute capacity without the Pill.  With the Pill, the larger number of CUDA cores on a 1080/1080ti card yields a proportionally higher hash rate compared to lower 10-series cards.  Without the Pill, the mining performance (compute performance) is not proportionally greater.       --scryptr

OhGodAGirl has definitely alluded to the existence of a “pill-like” solution for GDDR5 cards. But it was only privately available. It’s not about “compute capacity” (which isn’t even a real metric), it’s about memory timings. The pill works by injecting new memory timings into the GPU in real time. If we could modify and flash the BIOS of nvidia GPUs, the pill wouldn’t even be necessary. You can always improve the performance with memory intensive algorithms by running tighter timings, and that’s exactly what the mining specific GPUs do.
Are you guys know which latest driver version of Nvidia 1080ti that Enlargement pill works? Or enlargement pill only works on 391.01 driver?
Hope someone can give me a list of driver version that enlargement pill works.

Do you have any plans to release 1060-1070? There are a lot of these GPU and now they are often unprofitable mining...

The answer is the same as it has always been.

“Not for free”
Where you can buy the Enlargement pill for both 1060 and 1070? I can't find the thread or where you can buy the Enlargement pill for 1060/1070?

Based on what I heard from other users of this script is that Enlargement pill for 1060/1070 doesn't exist so I think there is no script for this GPU's unless if you can provide a link where we can buy this enlargement pill 1060/1070 supported.

Ethlargement pill should work on any driver. I’ve used several drivers and never had it not work. But I haven’t tried any of the newer 400 series drivers. I’m currently using 399.24 no problem.

As far as where to buy it, I’m not sure they even sell it directly anymore. Previously they sold it privately to farm owners for an undisclosed amount of money. And I believe they charged a flat fee PER RIG. Not a devfee model.

Now I’m not sure if they even will sell privately. I think you can only get their optimizations if you pay for hardware from them, hosted by them, through mineority. That’s just the impression I’ve gotten from the few posts I’ve seen on the subject.
legendary

Activity: 644
Merit: 10
Are you guys know which latest driver version of Nvidia 1080ti that Enlargement pill works? Or enlargement pill only works on 391.01 driver?

Do you have any plans to release 1060-1070? There are a lot of these GPU and now they are often unprofitable mining...

“Not for free”
Where you can buy the Enlargement pill for both 1060 and 1070? I can't find the thread or where you can buy the Enlargement pill for 1060/1070?

Based on what I heard from other users of this script is that Enlargement pill for 1060/1070 doesn't exist so I think there is no script for this GPU's unless if you can provide a link where we can buy this enlargement pill 1060/1070 supported.

join the question! Ready to buy such a solution, also agree to 2% miners fee.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

“Not for free”

Pages:
Jump to: