Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 34. (Read 99014 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
~   There is no waiting for the train on this chain, seems like the actual transactions are instant & will be watching the Testing on this 1 closely  Cool

//many of many experiments over the years have passed by thy, some with great parts (coding) & some lacking parts (coding)
(only few see the little changes, but many learn through others)

https://www.blockexperts.com/2give/height/1417

http://xtc.inter.com:2751/block/00000e60d8869e53961aaf22524d14fa53b0bd3d7d39b4468f848382636ff6f4

Date: 5/10/2016 13:01
To: (charity) GiveCoin8hYRfrg5A5J4QHuiQ4KZWjYAJj
Debit: -100.00 2GIVE
Transaction fee: -1.50 2GIVE
Net amount: -101.50 2GIVE
Transaction ID: 02d19ba934ee4bcbd9aa88dd1757c3984e5d17d3b48a9db36111bbee103ab842
legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
I just quickly read the whitepaper. Interesting stuff and especially your considerations regarding POW, POS and different strategies to secure the network was worth reading.

As you only accept blocks with transactions to the chain, what will be (or is) the target interval if transactions keep coming rapidly?

Another question: what is the current estimation on how many coins will be swapped in Bittrex and what is your current plan with the rest of the coins?

Thanks for your time!  I really appreciate having someone with your experience join us!

The minimal target intervals is being achieved right now!  Every half hour our seed nodes fire off a 100K coin transaction to another seed node -- this produces a 1K TXFEE block reward which, in theory will help build the future POS staking cadence for the chain!

We know EXACTLY how many coins are held at Bittrex -- and you should too ;-)

https://www.blockexperts.com/2give/address/GiveZtUHw9XeUg3NVLiaGMXyJF5rKjBbLH

We gamified the whole transfer over a weeks time by sending 1M coin blocks creating 10K block rewards

We also think that since Bittrex is has disabled staking that people are going to want to hold the bulk of their coins in their own wallets -- which is a smart/safer practice anyway!

As you know, part of the plan for the rest of the coins is "marketing" -- in the form of SWAPS for other coinbases -- right now we've done trades for PMP and WATER.  More as people bring other coins to my attention.

Ultimately the VALUE in any coinbase is in its stakeholders!

We'll likely make grants to non-profits or use the coins as a source of "matching funds" -- so for example, we could for a one month period agree to match all donations to a given charity or cause.

Overtime we may announce liquidation or private sales of large blocks of coins to help support further research and development.   We have some big plans for 2GIVE ! Some of things we want to do are:

1. Create a "Get Confirmed" path for stakeholders on an upcoming message board system that ranks users based on how much 2GIVE they hold -- all we have to do is use the built in "sign/verify" message features of the wallets.  This is will culminate in a new transaction type known as "Proof of Ownership"

2. We want 2GIVE to become a new social tipping platform -- linking the Give* url to fire up the wallet to make it easy to "click on web content" and send a few bits of coin" -- put your money where your "mod up" is ;-)

3. Paper wallet production INSIDE the client -- creating "Gift*" addresses to hand out -- we want to do a test with a Coinoutlet.io BTM that would tip service industry people with paper wallets that had maps to the BTM on them so they could go and redeem them -- or download a mobile wallet to get them.

4. Vetted charity/pro social causes -- using the digital signature capabilities we can pull down a refreshed list of approved campaigns from the https://doabitofgood.com site into the wallet

5. Exchange - later this summer we want to link user generated API keys at say Bittrex into the wallet to permit users to do trades without having to login.  We have API experience doing this with BTC-E already so its really more a matter of learning the Bittrex API and figuring out the UI.

That's just 2016 goals -- there is more on the map I assure you!

-dvd
Activity: 814
Merit: 1000
I just quickly read the whitepaper. Interesting stuff and especially your considerations regarding POW, POS and different strategies to secure the network was worth reading.

As you only accept blocks with transactions to the chain, what will be (or is) the target interval if transactions keep coming rapidly?

Another question: what is the current estimation on how many coins will be swapped in Bittrex and what is your current plan with the rest of the coins?
legendary
legendary
Hi, I just found 2give coin.

I like the concept of giving or a give coin.

Did I read correctly, is 2give starting to trade at bittrex today?
At what time?

Yes!  If you check out the FB page you'll find a pinned post that shows the swap is in progress!

https://www.facebook.com/projectgivecoin/

We're going way beyond "charity" with plans for a whole new "social tipping" system via our "Gift*" paper wallet support in the application

I hope you'll consider downloading the wallet and if you turn on mining you can compete for 1% TXFEE block rewards!

-dvd

Applications

Thanks 'Testing Crypto'! That opened my account Smiley

You're very much welcome (who ever you maybe), hope you can make it account for something & Do a Bit of Good with it "maybe". Many years of waiting for the possibility of actually knowing much good could be built into all of this if the right paths are created, still unsure of the future & trying to have patience in the futures that could be. If everyone in the world was able to help physically (but not able), "so" creating ways for giving & in the future knowing it was real.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Is the POW phase still going on? Can I mine this coin now, or only staking is happening now? I've setup my wallet and its running with the miner ON, but not seeing much activity..
Wallet address: GiveKE3M64ZMi2qA2mFvkNrQSkWQ4CinEM

The good news is, the POW "phase" is forever :-)

2GIVE is a hybrid POS/POW -- the POW is all based on TXFEE's which are a generous 1% of any SEND.

Do you have "setgenerate true" turn on in the console or did you download the RC3 client and set the option for it?

Currently the seed nodes are sending 100K blocks around which drop 1,000 coin rewards every 1/2 hour -- and we're just over half way through the "airdrop" where where are moving ~250M coins to Bittrex 1M coins at a time which creates a 10,000 coin TXFEE block reward.

Good luck!!

-dvd

POW idea looks good! I'm running the self compiled Linux headless daemon with gen=1. Will keep it ON and see if I will get lucky Smiley

Block Experts

xtc.inter.com

//Transactions details\\

Date: 5/6/2016 17:29
To: Neon~ GiveKE3M64ZMi2qA2mFvkNrQSkWQ4CinEM
Debit: -1000.00 2GIVE
Transaction fee: -10.50 2GIVE
Net amount: -1010.50 2GIVE
Transaction ID: 3dc8f0c40a17e211a7ca1e60e7246602cd61800db584acde49721e8f28cd6892

//Advanced options > console\\

17:46:08

setgenerate true -1

17:46:50

getmininginfo

17:46:50

{
"blocks" : 1111,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00024414,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 1664,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

//DB log\\
Code:
CPUMiner started for proof-of-work

Thanks 'Testing Crypto'! That opened my account Smiley
legendary
https://givecoin.miningpoolhub.com  still mined why?

And I 'm waiting for the finished t-shirt designs . They may be ready at the end of this week Cheesy

Looking forward to seeing your designs!

Looks like miningpoolhub.com got the hint ?   They are at the last block +1 that we show in our wallet and the blockexplorer has been disabled.

I'll drop them a note in case they are just idle due to lack of nodes

-dvd
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
https://givecoin.miningpoolhub.com  still mined why?

And I 'm waiting for the finished t-shirt designs . They may be ready at the end of this week Cheesy
Applications
We have now moved 270M coins in 1M blocks to Bittrex -- we'll get the final balance of Givecoin 1.0 (GIVE) from them tonight at midnight and transfer the remainder.

Meanwhile we continue to drop 1,000 coin block rewards every half hour as part of seeding the POS network for the first 30 days until it kicks in and self-sustains the chain...

Release Candidate 4 (RC4) is going through beta testing right now -- we hope to have it available for download on Monday.

-dvd

Looking like some great improvements on the GUI, can't wait to test RC4  Cool
legendary
We have now moved 270M coins in 1M blocks to Bittrex -- we'll get the final balance of Givecoin 1.0 (GIVE) from them tonight at midnight and transfer the remainder.

Meanwhile we continue to drop 1,000 coin block rewards every half hour as part of seeding the POS network for the first 30 days until it kicks in and self-sustains the chain...

Release Candidate 4 (RC4) is going through beta testing right now -- we hope to have it available for download on Monday.

-dvd
legendary
This is the last day of the BIG ~270M coin move to Bittrex in support of their coin swap for Givecoin 1.0 (GIVE) to 2GIVE.

As of right now, we have moved just over 210M coins in 1M coin blocks creating 10K block rewards for POW miners.

At midnight Bittrex has indicated that they will disable further deposits of GIVE.

At that time we will shutdown all of our Givecoin 1.0 (GIVE) infrastructure.
legendary
Updated - notes added below

I don't know how block 955 happened...

http://xtc.inter.com:2751/tx/36cfe192b326092fa229d15c585eeb045005c646780c6822f174386e4709d9ba

Somehow that block sent what should have been the change of 1446000 as the TXFEE to this address:

GiveWDmK3hPCBohcmSwLUG1n9cZNbRwdSn

Now...I'm not sure if this is a maleability issue or not -- looks like a BUG!!

(possible race condition in the wallet that prevented it from finding its default address)

I could update the Checkpoints, delete the blocks after and bump the version causing a hard fork, but if there is a vulnerability in the chain/codebase I would like to know about it...

OR

The person who owns this address could send it back to say GiveCoin8hYRfrg5A5J4QHuiQ4KZWjYAJj  (default donation address) and then contact me for a REWARD - Which could be bigger  than the 1,446,000 coins!!

-dvd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2016.05.08 07:48

I think I found the bug -- at least I found the conditions that could lead to the balance of the transaction not being specifically sent to the the loopback address

This address owner contacted me and returned the entire TXFEE to the Charity address.

My thank you was to send 2M coins directly and Karma kicked in the TXFEE as they ALSO won the blockreward <3

https://www.blockexperts.com/2give/height/1237

legendary
I still dont fully understand how this airdrop works. Is it so that we are actually mining for tx fees, which are much bigger than without airdrop?
If so, doesnt it mean that they who have the most powerful miners (ASIC) will get all the coins?

Or does this work totally differently?

Mining for TXFEEs -- correct.  ASIC miners do not have much an advantage since the chain does not accept empty blocks -- there is little incentive -- and since the chain is hybrid POS/POW the bulk of the rewards accrue to the stakeholders.

I'm not saying that someone won't try and find an advantage -- all coins have demonstrated that.

Trying to slow mining down by making the maze harder to navigate (using X11 for example which we're getting away from) -- doesn't make the system any more secure.

Mining is a function of block emit cadence -- originally introduced as a means to meter out new mint every +/- 10 minutes in the original satoshi design.

The 2GIVE target blocktime is coded merely to help throttle POS emissions once the chain gets up to speed.

Since the coins already exist in a send tx, the TXFEE reward only requires a 10 block confirm atm for POW miners since having our SENDS get confirmed as soon as possible is desirable -- and given that a miner will likely be sending coins to be exchanged, those tx will ALSO require the 1% TXFEE so everybody wins.

This is all theory since there hasn't been another chain designed quite like this -- and all crypto's are experiments of sorts.

The good news is if we find that we need to adjust the system, we will do so by stakeholder consensus!

-dvd
Activity: 814
Merit: 1000
I still dont fully understand how this airdrop works. Is it so that we are actually mining for tx fees, which are much bigger than without airdrop?
If so, doesnt it mean that they who have the most powerful miners (ASIC) will get all the coins?

Or does this work totally differently?
legendary
Updated - notes added below

I don't know how block 955 happened...

http://xtc.inter.com:2751/tx/36cfe192b326092fa229d15c585eeb045005c646780c6822f174386e4709d9ba

Somehow that block sent what should have been the change of 1446000 as the TXFEE to this address:

GiveWDmK3hPCBohcmSwLUG1n9cZNbRwdSn

Now...I'm not sure if this is a maleability issue or not -- looks like a BUG!!

(possible race condition in the wallet that prevented it from finding its default address)

I could update the Checkpoints, delete the blocks after and bump the version causing a hard fork, but if there is a vulnerability in the chain/codebase I would like to know about it...

OR

The person who owns this address could send it back to say GiveCoin8hYRfrg5A5J4QHuiQ4KZWjYAJj  (default donation address) and then contact me for a REWARD - Which could be bigger  than the 1,446,000 coins!!

-dvd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2016.05.08 07:48

I think I found the bug -- at least I found the conditions that could lead to the balance of the transaction not being specifically sent to the the loopback address
legendary
New lower tray icon to signal when POW Mining is enabled and a change to the Staking icon from the pick axes to a stack of coins...

Also some prep work to light up the staking icon when staking is eligible (turning those coins to gold too)

This work has been pushed to git as RC4-DEV

More to come!

-dvd
Pages:
Jump to: