Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 32. (Read 99014 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

Just to share the experience.

I just wonder as even my local wallet has 12 connections already but Bittrex seems stuck at 3/6 confirmations for around an hour now.
Does it sound right? I don't know the details about how blockchain confirmation works but I feel it is not normal.
Are all nodes supposed do the some work even not for reward?!

EDIT: Oh, just after I post this I see it got another 3 confirmations right away...

2GIVE is powered by transactions, not raw mining.

Your wallets won't waste any CPU if there is nothing to mine!   The chain rejects EMPTY blocks -- there has to be something of value and at least 1% TXFEE on that value to pay the POW miners.

In about two days the first transactions in the seed wallets will become eligible for staking -- we have that disabled on all but the donation wallet at the moment to see how successful our "airdrop" program was.

-dvd
legendary
I don't want to sell my 2GIVEs, I'm gonna transfer it from bittrex to wallet's address.
How do you think, will the network deal with the transaction of several millions. Won't the transaction hang?

It shouldn't -- considering we sent 1M coinblocks around without issue and there are over 45 connections on each of the seed nodes

I would wait before moving out of Bittrex atm -- their withdrawal rate appears to be set at 10% and should be much closer to 1%

just my .02
legendary
Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011
I don't want to sell my 2GIVEs, I'm gonna transfer it from bittrex to wallet's address.
How do you think, will the network deal with the transaction of several millions. Won't the transaction hang?
ap1
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I test sent a few coins to Bittrex wallet... took a long time and not yet even close to get the 6 confirmation they required after like 1/2 hour...

POS blocks are about to start popping in about two days.

In the mean time I can increase the velocity of the synthetic transactions between the seed nodes which has been running every 30 minutes

In about a week we should be fully powered up

-dvd

Just to share the experience.

I just wonder as even my local wallet has 12 connections already but Bittrex seems stuck at 3/6 confirmations for around an hour now.
Does it sound right? I don't know the details about how blockchain confirmation works but I feel it is not normal.
Are all nodes supposed do the some work even not for reward?!

EDIT: Oh, just after I post this I see it got another 3 confirmations right away...
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
Withdrawal fee is really high?  Huh
legendary

I just checked the Withdraw option on Bittrex and they have it set at 10% -- which i've alerted them should be 1% and whatever nominal fee they need to charge

-dvd
legendary
2-3 users have more than half of it, so it can't be bought. They're not selling.

Just 1 user have 76m Shocked

Yes that would Strength in Numbers Foundation and we're about to withdraw it out of the exchange which is going to create a lot of block rewards....

Make sure to set your wallets to "Compete for Block Rewards (POW) or turn on "setgenerate true" in the console or commandline

-dvd

If I didn't get it wrong, that 76m is yours and it's not going to be dumped, right?

That is correct -- and in fact we're using it to bring other coins into our economy -- here are the offers currently tendered, though we may have to adjust them now that we are getting a valuation...

PMP 1:10 / https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14718168

CAT 1:1 / https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-catcoin-0930-1118569

WATER : 100:1 / https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14800758

KARMA : 10000:1 / https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14865990
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
2-3 users have more than half of it, so it can't be bought. They're not selling.

Yes that would Strength in Numbers Foundation and we're about to withdraw it out of the exchange which is going to create a lot of block rewards....

Make sure to set your wallets to "Compete for Block Rewards (POW) or turn on "setgenerate true" in the console or commandline

-dvd

If I didn't get it wrong, that 76m is yours and it's not going to be dumped, right?
legendary
I test sent a few coins to Bittrex wallet... took a long time and not yet even close to get the 6 confirmation they required after like 1/2 hour...

POS blocks are about to start popping in about two days.

In the mean time I can increase the velocity of the synthetic transactions between the seed nodes which has been running every 30 minutes

In about a week we should be fully powered up

-dvd
ap1
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
legendary

-dvd
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

legendary
What algo is 2Give now?

Scrypt but not minable unless there is something to work on

see http://bit.ly/2GiveCoin
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
What algo is 2Give now?
Activity: 1302
Merit: 501
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
Ryan Hentz (Bittrex)
May 15, 15:58

Hi,

Givecoin is being swapped to, 2give. You will need to wait until the swap is complete.

Thank you,

Ryan

Ryan Hentz (Bittrex)
May 15, 16:36

Hi,

I believe the swap is suppose to be done later tonight.

Thanks,

Ryan
legendary

Release Candidate 4 (RC4) is NOW available for download!  Both Windows & Mac Wallets are available and the source code on GitHub is current!!

http://2Give.Info/#download

All users are encouraged to update immediately to the latest release candidate which is pretty awesome sauce ;-)

Also as of 2016.05.15 18:38 CDT Bittrex has NOT completed building the trading pair with 2GIVE.

When we have more information we'll share it out -- in the mean time, feel free to open a support ticket with Bittrex...

-dvd
legendary
The innovation continues!

One of the lessons learned out of the final transfer of Givecoin 1.0 (GIVE) from Bittrex was that sometimes transactions do not get rebroadcast -- leaving them hanging around.

2GIVE will periodically try to resendtx (there's a command for it)

But in conversation with Ritchie at Bittrex, they someones need to push a single TX faster than that (and he said that rarely does the 'resendtx' command even work in most wallets)*

So based on our experience and conversation with Richie we decided to add a new command:

resendtransaction

Code:
./2GiveCoind help resendtransaction
resendtransaction
Rebroadcasts a transaction to the network if not already in the chain.

./2GiveCoind resendtransaction 2ffedee9643b56dafa3f86592b169ad160ea9289586cafbd6ef6b6ad5e77d7e2
error: {"code":-5,"message":"transaction already in block 00000ea75309dfb72456732e8e1880999d3a9693209cc76488f5cbc6527e5de6"}

This could also help individuals when they are having network connectivity issues.

Just one more reason why It's Better 2GIVE!

-dvd

* This capability could have sped up things for Bittrex since in the end we had to write custom code to handle doing "sendrawtransactions" that could read the "getrawtransaction" data from a file since we were maxing out on what was possible to send through the commandline
Pages:
Jump to: