Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [2GIVE] / New Mobile Wallet Available from SATOWALLET.COM - page 33. (Read 99014 times)

legendary
Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004
my (v1)givecoins disappeared from bittrex why?

Because they have all been liquidated and moved to the Strength in Numbers Foundation vault.

We had a half dozen "stuck" transactions that needed to be rebroadcast to the network and then confirmed, which is why we had to turn our rigs back on to get blocks again

This only happened about five hours ago!!  Check out the old blockchain (which we had to ALSO turn back on):

https://www.blockexperts.com/give

YOUR 2GIVE is safe and they are creating the 2GIVE/BTC pair in the exchange now

Their swap was completely outside of our control and Ritchie has apologized profusely for the delay.

I agree that we all could have done a better job of managing everyone's expectations.

All I can say is that we and Bittrex have been 100% transparent.

This is a marathon, not a sprint.   No need to stumble when were so close to the finish line...

-dvd

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1001
my (v1)givecoins disappeared from bittrex why?
legendary
There are a half dozen TX's that have not come across from Bittrex yet that we need to show at least one confirm before they will shutdown the GIVE wallet and archive it

I'm working to see if we can replay those raw transactions into the network and then get a few confirms.

We have one rig online now but need a little bump in V1 hashing power to get this thing wrapped up

Ideas?

-dvd
Activity: 814
Merit: 1000
When Bittrex is going to open the trading?

I'm happy to report that https://btcpool.exchange is now online

Great, I am not familiar with this exchange, but will go and check...
legendary

I'm happy to report that https://btcpool.exchange is now online

legendary

UPDATE:  As of 2016.05.12 BITTREX has liquidated its Givecoin 1.0 (GIVE) wallet to the public Strength In Numbers Foundation wallet address  7GiveThnMDszMG4CWHLUagoGgoScpdGKVS

We asked blockexperts to re-enable the GIVE explorer and we powered up some rigs to help build enough blocks to complete the transfer

https://www.blockexperts.com/give/address/7GiveThnMDszMG4CWHLUagoGgoScpdGKVS

We have downloaded the updated rich list and have been scanning through it -- it appears that the bulk of abandoned coins were related to early wallets, likely the original developers and some power miners who were rotating addresses every block -- there are hundreds of addresses with 1,000 coins sitting unmoved.

I would expect Bittrex to wrap up the swap very soon now that the GIVE 1.0 has been moved out of the exchange.

-dvd
legendary

When the PoS phase will start will it also get rewarded with tx fees? What are the parameters for PoS (min and max coin age etc.)?

The POS blocks are "selfish" in that they reward the wallet staking -- now they can ALSO include other TX's and pick up those TXFEE's as well.  But basically a POS block primarily rewards the individual, not the network, other than raising the height of the chain which helps everyone elses POS and POW rewards mature.

POS kicks in at 30 days minimum and 90 days maximum and earns the wallet holder a 5% per annum ROI.

This number was selected after careful consideration of global inflation rates as well as taking into account that the wallet holder will lose 1% when they liquidate those coins -- creating an effective nominal 4% return.

-dvd
legendary
I just confirmed with Ritchie at Bittrex that they are now ready to move all the GIVE 1.0 out of their wallet and remove the last of that infrastructure.

I have instructed him to send their complete balance to the Do A Bit of Good public "bit4bit" wallet address:

7GiveThnMDszMG4CWHLUagoGgoScpdGKVS

Visible here:

https://doabitofgood.com/bit4bit

We will likely have to power up our water-cooled mining rigs one more time to help get that GIVE moved.

-dvd

or use the coins as a source of "matching funds" -- so for example, we could for a one month period agree to match all donations to a given charity or cause.

Sorry, but I dont fully understand this latter part. Could you try to say it in other words?

Imagine we have a animal rescue group, Second Chance Rescue -- let's say that in the month of June SNF could match every donation 1:1 to their Give* address from our cache of coins.

In other words, "for every coin they collect, Strength in Numbers Foundation will match donations!"

It then becomes in their best interest to tell their supports about 2GIVE!

-dvd

Ok, now it is clear!

As you only accept blocks with transactions to the chain, what will be (or is) the target interval if transactions keep coming rapidly?

Let me rephrase this.

Assuming that there would be e.g. more than 1 transaction / sec, what would be the interval for blocks?

The chain is wired to target a two minute cadence for it's difficulty -- we'll see that kick in once the POS blocks start hitting the chain -- we're seeding the network with a 30 minute distributed POS opp, but I'm certain once Bittrex opens the flood gates that we're going to see a lot of flows in and hopefully out -- every send dropping 1% onto the network which if held creates a future block 30 days out.

Once the difficulty rises we'll start to see multiple transactions per block -- and even though a TX is eligible to be folded into a POS block -- I don't think it will be very common.

-dvd

When the PoS phase will start will it also get rewarded with tx fees? What are the parameters for PoS (min and max coin age etc.)?
legendary

1. Create a "Get Confirmed" path for stakeholders on an upcoming message board system that ranks users based on how much 2GIVE they hold -- all we have to do is use the built in "sign/verify" message features of the wallets.  This is will culminate in a new transaction type known as "Proof of Ownership"

This sounds interesting. Do you have more info regarding this?

I do!  Here's how I'm envisioning it working...

A user can create a profile, pick a username etc (standard stuff) -- then they load in their Give* public address in their profile.

They select to "Get Confirmed" -- and the system generates a string that they then cut-copy-paste into the wallet (today until we make a button to do it) -- hit "sign message" and then can cut-copy-paste that signature back to the system to verify

We can take that signature and confirm (or deny) that you own the address

From here we can use the blockexplorer API to figure out how much of  stake you have in the 2GIVE economy.

We could then show your "HERO STATUS" based not on how often you post in our message boards, but based on your STAKE in our economy -- in fact we could make "top 10% only" thread that would be exclusive to anyone who was in the top 10% of coin holders.  Or one that required you to HAVE 10% of the 2GIVE coins.

It's basically an ANTI-TROLL tool -- if you come into our community and trash talk, we'll know whether to take your concerns seriously or not, based first on whether you're Confirmed and then on what your stake is -- gotta money where your mouth is...

Beyond this....

The new block type I envision would have you sign hashes of things that you want to confirm ownership of

Like take and hash your email address and then sign the hash of that email -- once we know you're Confirmed -- we can create a system where people can determine if an email address, FB profile URL, license plate, telephone number belongs to you -- on an opt-in basis -- and then we can start building a web of trust around that -- because for example, I could take that TX that you staked your reputational claim on, and I could ALSO sign that TX as well -- endorsing or confirming it.  This is the basis for http://bit.ly/idcoins

-dvd
legendary

or use the coins as a source of "matching funds" -- so for example, we could for a one month period agree to match all donations to a given charity or cause.

Sorry, but I dont fully understand this latter part. Could you try to say it in other words?

Imagine we have a animal rescue group, Second Chance Rescue -- let's say that in the month of June SNF could match every donation 1:1 to their Give* address from our cache of coins.

In other words, "for every coin they collect, Strength in Numbers Foundation will match donations!"

It then becomes in their best interest to tell their supports about 2GIVE!

-dvd
legendary

As you only accept blocks with transactions to the chain, what will be (or is) the target interval if transactions keep coming rapidly?

Let me rephrase this.

Assuming that there would be e.g. more than 1 transaction / sec, what would be the interval for blocks?

The chain is wired to target a two minute cadence for it's difficulty -- we'll see that kick in once the POS blocks start hitting the chain -- we're seeding the network with a 30 minute distributed POS opp, but I'm certain once Bittrex opens the flood gates that we're going to see a lot of flows in and hopefully out -- every send dropping 1% onto the network which if held creates a future block 30 days out.

Once the difficulty rises we'll start to see multiple transactions per block -- and even though a TX is eligible to be folded into a POS block -- I don't think it will be very common.

-dvd

1. Create a "Get Confirmed" path for stakeholders on an upcoming message board system that ranks users based on how much 2GIVE they hold -- all we have to do is use the built in "sign/verify" message features of the wallets.  This is will culminate in a new transaction type known as "Proof of Ownership"

This sounds interesting. Do you have more info regarding this?

Let me rephrase this.

legendary
Here are some interesting facts about V1 GIVE:

If you take the list off the old blockexperts.com block explorer and there are ~2,650 addresses with a balance still out of a ridiculous 84,558 unique addresses ever seen in that chain!!

Some miner / pool out there was grabbing new addresses with each block round -- for what?  NOTHING as far as we can tell since there are a bunch of unspent outputs that have never been redeemed -- likely because they lost access to their private keys

legendary
~   There is no waiting for the train on this chain, seems like the actual transactions are instant & will be watching the Testing on this 1 closely  Cool

Do not fall for the either/or trap.  There is always a third choice....

We're retesting the assumptions with 2GIVE

When you change the incentives of mining and remove the need for the artifice of delay introduced by the exponential difficulty that is causing a "block size" debate in Bitcoin -- you can achieve a new kind of velocity.

-dvd
Pages:
Jump to: