Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 99. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 27, 2014, 08:12:44 PM

http://188.226.144.143:9332/ 1% fee

Working P2Pool running stable on stratum protocol, supports getwork if you still run an old miner.
To connect use "cgminer -o 188.226.144.143:9332 -u -p password"

Tipbot for reddit might be coming soon too.

Donations and bounties go to AWSCv6gPfQFpLrvaGW9Rhn1PMHFLLXsCmE

Ill be pointing 1mhs at the P2Pool to get it going.

Thanks

Added to front post.

Wasn't there a bounty for tip-bot and P2Pool or am I thinking of another coin..?

You may have been thinking of another coin. We're subsidizing pool fees, however, so if you follow the instructions on the front post, you'll be paid as if you were claiming 2% fees instead of 1%.
Alright, I'll keep the pool running anyway. It's running on a dedicated serverbox.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
February 27, 2014, 08:00:41 PM

Working P2Pool running stable on stratum protocol, supports getwork if you still run an old miner.

Thanks

Added to front post.

Wasn't there a bounty for tip-bot and P2Pool or am I thinking of another coin..?

You may have been thinking of another coin. We're subsidizing pool fees, however, so if you follow the instructions on the front post, you'll be paid as if you were claiming 2% fees instead of 1%.
February 27, 2014, 07:50:02 PM

Thanks

Added to front post.

AIRcoin Alexander
February 27, 2014, 07:49:00 PM

Thanks

Added to front post.
February 27, 2014, 07:22:44 PM

Thanks
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
February 27, 2014, 12:25:18 PM
Nice.. so, that is used like a "signature"... blocks without that expected 0.001 fee attached are obviously running free in the wild, on the wrong chain, or attempting to 51% attack? Since they would not have that fee? (Not sure if it is "given/handed-out", or if it is "programmed/auto-reward" in the code.)

Still, nice.

Adding 0.001 to all my found blocks. Tongue JK.

Also, add a "mandatory update" notice... Might even want a specific thread for that, "just the client wallet". For wallet related issues, as opposed to "Aircoin" as a whole.

Possible thread title:
[INFO] AIRcoin mandatory wallet update (v0.3.x) and wallet issues.

Forking, node-failure, setup, transactions... you know... basic wallet issues. (Would delete old replies there as handled, to keep the off-topic crap down. Also as it updates to new versions.)

P.S. You should make wallets look for a "mandatory update" flag... If it sees the flag, it stops mining, or auto-rejects the blocks found so it never submits them. (As opposed to still submitting blocks to the others with outdated wallets, which would accept them. Also, as opposed to new wallets just rejecting the old wallets submitted blocks, which would cause a fork, as the old wallets continue to run in one isolated group.)

The flag would have to have a hashed version increment, tied to the seed, so it could not be "faked", which would stall the network by disabling miners everywhere with a fake mandatory update flag. Incremental is fine, does not need to have an actual version number, as it would not change with each version, just be worked into code/wallets that are new, when a "forced update" is required. Which would also stop any prior old versions from running.

Eg,
V0.3.1 MU#1
V0.3.2 MU#1
V0.3.3 MU#2 <- First actual mandatory update
V0.3.4 MU#2
V0.4.1 MU#2 <- Not forced, still compatible (down to V0.3.3)
V0.4.2 MU#3 <- Oops, not as compatible as you thought, same as v0.4.1, but forced flag set now.
etc..

Also... have you disabled the LTC version-update warning.. Tongue that will annoy everyone in the future if you did not. When LTC updates, your wallet may start complaining to "update your LTC wallet".
Activity: 105
Proteus?
February 27, 2014, 11:32:12 AM
Dev O here.  As stated, I'm working on the Github cloning time issue.  If you select the zip option however, you should be able to download it rather quickly as stated by another user.  The nodes are being updated as I type this, and the mandatory wallet update must be done before block 9108 (It was 9008, but I think users need more time) .  I'd be willing to take professionalism based criticism (and/or friendly advice) at my email, aircoindevo.teamaircoin.org.  Of course, pming me through this bitcointalk does no harm as well.  Please bear with us, as the cost of quick development is a large amount of data floating around that needs to be trimmed and consolidated.  I'm working on streamlining that process while still moving quickly with development.

EDIT: The 3.721 blocks are caused by the security 0.001 transaction fee (literally deemed free by the Litecoin developers in the source this coin is forked from) to deter micro-transactions from destabilizing the block-chain re-appearing randomly as a bonus to whomever finds the block the fee has attached to.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 27, 2014, 07:20:27 AM

It would be very nice if you would act like a professional dev team and use a different branch for your new client instead of merging it into the main branch. Had to download 200MB+ from github just to get the source, then when it's built I notice that it's the new client version which pretty much means that I can't sync with any nodes.

If you want pools set up by developers then act like developers.

Here's the getinfo from the github built client.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9kiva9P5

And your prebuilt windows client

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zrt4qyep

Please notice the version number.

It's a case of unfortunate timing while we update the new wallets. I've explained the issue to our lead developer, and the method by which we roll out new wallets and alterations to the source code will be changed in the future, and it was not our intent to waste any of your time or bandwidth.

If you want to offer personal criticism of what a professional development team is, Alexander's email is on the first post and I'm sure he'd be willing to hear what you have to say.
February 27, 2014, 06:02:12 AM

It would be very nice if you would act like a professional dev team and use a different branch for your new client instead of merging it into the main branch. Had to download 200MB+ from github just to get the source, then when it's built I notice that it's the new client version which pretty much means that I can't sync with any nodes.

If you want pools set up by developers then act like developers.

Here's the getinfo from the github built client.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9kiva9P5

And your prebuilt windows client

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=zrt4qyep

Please notice the version number.
February 27, 2014, 04:05:32 AM
to the few guys donating at http://air.ctrlaltdefeated.us Thanks. You have been given a 0% fee for life... Cheesy 0% will remain for everyone else for the next 24 hours.

We have a new wallet with Kimoto Gravity Well and a few new tweaks already finished. (Fast development!) This is an update to let you guys know ahead of time before we release the wallet on our website, which will occur tomorrow.

Users will have to download the new wallet once released.

This means that there is a very short period (hours) left at the 24-hour block adjustment before the new wallet is distributed. Once distributed, KGW kicks in on a certain block number, so this is the last chance to mine at these comparably favorable numbers.

We will post back here as soon as the website has our new wallet for download.

Awesome. It's a shame this forum is awash with coin releases. You guys are easily one of the better dev teams I've seen around.
AIRcoin Alexander
February 27, 2014, 04:00:10 AM
We have a new wallet with Kimoto Gravity Well and a few new tweaks already finished. (Fast development!) This is an update to let you guys know ahead of time before we release the wallet on our website, which will occur tomorrow.

Users will have to download the new wallet once released.

This means that there is a very short period (hours) left at the 24-hour block adjustment before the new wallet is distributed. Once distributed, KGW kicks in on a certain block number, so this is the last chance to mine at these comparably favorable numbers.

We will post back here as soon as the website has our new wallet for download.

but if it DID get to $1+ per coin, that would be so awesome Tongue

i guess when the coins are rarer too, that's what happens.. they're worth more

You can see two extreme examples of this phenomena, and it still holds: 42 Coin and Dogecoin.

However, neither of those coins have methods in place to offer liquidity services, maintain a steady exchange rate or (even more unusual) cultivate a rising exchange rate. Even coins with self-destructive capabilities (which operate on the principles that give 42 Coin a high rate and Dogecoin a low rate) have short-term price falling in-between periods of destruction.
Activity: 98
February 27, 2014, 01:57:03 AM
February 27, 2014, 12:56:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Z1H9oQS.png
Mine some fresh AIR with us!
Payout: Prop
Vardiff
Stratum

No Fees extended for another 24 hours

air.ctrlaltdefeated.us
February 26, 2014, 10:39:12 PM
I believe the pool you are connecting to is offering bonus blocks for signing up and putting in enough valid blocks.  I'll have to check earlier pages to be sure.

I am solo-mining directly into my wallet...

Might just be a floating-point error... for reward/generation. (It was accepted by the network, so it must be valid. Tongue Gonna change my reward to 2923749237948798327.1 AIR, see if the network accepts that!)

Thought you guys might be "testing" the "adjustment" for reward or something.

Wouldn't be a tx-fee... well.. it might, if someone is adding a tx-fee, or there is a minimum tx-fee setup in the pool daemon code. Can't tell without a block-explorer... Tongue

(gettransaction didn't show anything other than the generated amount being 3.72100000) No tx-fee in there, no other tx's in that transaction-ID.
Activity: 5
February 26, 2014, 10:32:30 PM
Anyone else unable to connect to air.pitythepool.com?
I connected right away.. 30 miners running, 30MHs avg...
Odd...seems like my university blocks air.foo urls when I'm on the vpn... the fools.  Thanks for the info!  All is well now!
Activity: 105
Proteus?
February 26, 2014, 10:24:19 PM
Nice, Now I have a solid 22 connections... Great work getting that node issue resolved.

Can't wait for that block-explorer and an exchange to open.
(To buy, not dump. I still want a nice starting balance. Also curious to see how reward will be altered.)

Still only dedicating 3MHs to the coin, for the moment. Hash-rate is still decent for solo-mining, even at 150K (2.288818359375 diff). I think I can go up to about 655K (9.994506835 diff) before things get ugly for solo-mining. (Luck-wise, with only 3MHs)

P.S. I am getting random rewards of 3.721 (Now have 4 out of about 415 blocks)
Date: 2/26/2014 13:54
Source: Generated
Credit: 3.721 AIR
Net amount: +3.721 AIR
Transaction ID: bd5c82b2815e0b34bdc3240331964d3c69f0b3ecc0fa7ed1cf3c91a7f3f2e3ee

Just within the last day or two mining, not before then.

P.P.S. The faster you get it into the exchange, the less pumpy it will be... Once we all have TONS to sell, there will come a feeling of dumping. Starting it fast and early, low, with high volume to slowly let it increase, is the best way to get it on a good footing.

I believe the pool you are connecting to is offering bonus blocks for signing up and putting in enough valid blocks.  I'll have to check earlier pages to be sure.
February 26, 2014, 10:21:09 PM
I connected right away.. 30 miners running, 30MHs avg...
Activity: 5
February 26, 2014, 10:18:53 PM
February 26, 2014, 10:09:55 PM
Nice, Now I have a solid 22 connections... Great work getting that node issue resolved.

Can't wait for that block-explorer and an exchange to open.
(To buy, not dump. I still want a nice starting balance. Also curious to see how reward will be altered.)

Still only dedicating 3MHs to the coin, for the moment. Hash-rate is still decent for solo-mining, even at 150K (2.288818359375 diff). I think I can go up to about 655K (9.994506835 diff) before things get ugly for solo-mining. (Luck-wise, with only 3MHs)

Getting roughly 1 block per hour (89.28 coins per day) now...
What I need to break-even on electricity is about...
$5.00 for 89 AIR
$0.05618/AIR
@ $600/BTC = 0.00009363BTC/AIR

P.S. I am getting random rewards of 3.721 (Now have 4 out of about 415 blocks)
Date: 2/26/2014 13:54
Source: Generated
Credit: 3.721 AIR
Net amount: +3.721 AIR
Transaction ID: bd5c82b2815e0b34bdc3240331964d3c69f0b3ecc0fa7ed1cf3c91a7f3f2e3ee

Just within the last day or two mining, not before then.

P.P.S. The faster you get it into the exchange, the less pumpy it will be... Once we all have TONS to sell, there will come a feeling of dumping. Starting it fast and early, low, with high volume to slowly let it increase, is the best way to get it on a good footing.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 09:48:54 PM
I am finally getting around to setting up a pool. Been a little busy with customer's IT issues. I will let you know how it goes after some testing. I have mined 170 blocks so far. Just over 2%. Still at it. It will be interesting to see where it goes after I have the pool set up.
Pages:
Jump to: