Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 16. (Read 137257 times)

Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Crypto enthusiast
April 17, 2014, 11:56:10 PM
Other than what is being used by the exchange bot, all the pre-mine is still there. I might have missed something but it looks like nothing has been dumped. Just the bot trying to do it's trading. Aircoin being limited to just one exchange with an api that can't react fast enough to the rapid price changes is what kept the bot from maintaining the price it was suppose to keep. In some way I almost feel like aircoin came out too soon. Now we have to choose to stay with the coin or move on based on what the devs do or don't do.

This could either be the best investment you've ever done or something you showcase to your children to make them better than you. I just don't see a grey area with this coin so far.

I'm willing to give it another go as i liked the concept behind the investment pool. Also, they could have just stayed away after that dummy spit but they didn't and chose to announce a plan going forward. But what is sorely lacking is engagement with the community and at the moment what i really need to know are timelines they working towards even if it's just we are targeting 4 weeks from now.
Activity: 422
April 17, 2014, 11:02:09 PM
just for fun. Grin Cheesy
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
April 17, 2014, 10:41:32 PM
Other than what is being used by the exchange bot, all the pre-mine is still there. I might have missed something but it looks like nothing has been dumped. Just the bot trying to do it's trading. Aircoin being limited to just one exchange with an api that can't react fast enough to the rapid price changes is what kept the bot from maintaining the price it was suppose to keep. In some way I almost feel like aircoin came out too soon. Now we have to choose to stay with the coin or move on based on what the devs do or don't do.

This could either be the best investment you've ever done or something you showcase to your children to make them better than you. I just don't see a grey area with this coin so far.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
April 17, 2014, 10:29:34 PM
Seems to be a fork... or a glitch... or a bug from testing the "new wallet" on the "live chain"?

"Processed 43168 of 551136 estimated" <- Message with mouse over progress bar.
http://teamaircoin.org/explorer/

43168 is the correct height. 551136 is definitely a runaway invalid fork. (You couldn't mine off it, even if you wanted to, only the fuzzed miners that were created to mine on it, can mine on it.)

There could not be 551136 blocks, unless some person has a mini-fork which they allowed to fall down to near-zero diff, and then have disabled the diff-checks... then reconnected, but the invalid blocks are just being replaced as we find replacements.

Might need a hard-fork, with that bad chain ignored. (No legitimate AIRcoin wallet should have made that chain, so it is a glitch, or a purposely altered version of AIR, that was used in a futile attempt to do some double-spends or a 51% attack.)

I got a lot of [?] blocks... Which reminds me, we need a "repairwallet" or "fixwallet" command, to remove those bad transactions.
So now the block height is back to normal and wallet seems fine so what happened? Is this developer caused?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
April 17, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
I'm still hopeful but I really don't have any faith left.  I'll either be happily surprised when this all happens or I will just be swallowing the loss.  It is funny how organized this dev team started out and then they just sorta said fuck it.  Could still go either way I guess.  Meh.

It would be pretty crazy if they went through all that hard work for nothing.
Crypto enthusiast
April 17, 2014, 08:52:56 PM
is the pre-mine still all there?
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
April 17, 2014, 07:51:23 PM
I'm still hopeful but I really don't have any faith left.  I'll either be happily surprised when this all happens or I will just be swallowing the loss.  It is funny how organized this dev team started out and then they just sorta said fuck it.  Could still go either way I guess.  Meh.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
April 17, 2014, 05:57:18 PM
Sending and receiving coins seem to still be working but yeah, this wallet will probably need an update. Seeing how none of the devs have logged on in the past four days it might be a while before an update is ever released. I'm hoping zero hour starts on a friday making the three days to claim your coins fall on a weekend. Of course that would mean devs that are around on the weekend and we can all just making our own decision on if that will happen.

Still, I'm going to hold on to my coins because lets face it... people are not eager to slap their mothers at a chance to buy them.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 17, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Seems to be a fork... or a glitch... or a bug from testing the "new wallet" on the "live chain"?

"Processed 43168 of 551136 estimated" <- Message with mouse over progress bar.
http://teamaircoin.org/explorer/

43168 is the correct height. 551136 is definitely a runaway invalid fork. (You couldn't mine off it, even if you wanted to, only the fuzzed miners that were created to mine on it, can mine on it.)

There could not be 551136 blocks, unless some person has a mini-fork which they allowed to fall down to near-zero diff, and then have disabled the diff-checks... then reconnected, but the invalid blocks are just being replaced as we find replacements.

Might need a hard-fork, with that bad chain ignored. (No legitimate AIRcoin wallet should have made that chain, so it is a glitch, or a purposely altered version of AIR, that was used in a futile attempt to do some double-spends or a 51% attack.)

I got a lot of [?] blocks... Which reminds me, we need a "repairwallet" or "fixwallet" command, to remove those bad transactions.
April 17, 2014, 05:05:27 PM
My wallet still loses sync sporadically is anyone else having this issue?

I don't know why it is happening, but I have seen it as well.
Confused can anyone let me know what they think?
My wallet says out of sync but my cgminer that is solo mining is still detecting blocks on the network. So does this mean I am actually still solo mining even though the wallet says out of sync?
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
April 17, 2014, 04:49:36 PM
Probably because hardly no one has his wallet open.. and there are very few nodes?

DEV used to be online at least once a day, but that doesn't happen since  April 13, 2014, 11:07:22 PM

I have a bad feeling
Activity: 281
April 17, 2014, 11:24:05 AM

I don't know why it is happening, but I have seen it as well.
April 17, 2014, 10:33:17 AM
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
April 17, 2014, 10:16:38 AM
this is rather curious. lol

why don't they just hard fork, or just import the chain ??

-
i don't pay attention to these coins enough to notice whether i should have done something in a 72 hour time frame.  blah i guess we'll just see what happens.

i was quite impressed with the AIR initial concept. so i hope it keeps growing into somehting good.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
April 17, 2014, 04:35:14 AM
Wait for take-off of air. Smiley
Activity: 281
April 17, 2014, 04:10:32 AM

Not sure what the problem was, there seemed to be an issue with the network, both the pool, and my personal wallet were losing sync. Mining again now.
April 17, 2014, 01:28:33 AM

I was mining there and got a payment in hours ago, but now my wallet won't sync, it's reporting it is at block 42811 of 550753?? Weird.
I thought it was just me. My wallet keeps losing sync too. Keep restarting it works fine for some time then out of sync again. right now it is operating normally.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 17, 2014, 01:07:12 AM

I was mining there and got a payment in hours ago, but now my wallet won't sync, it's reporting it is at block 42811 of 550753?? Weird.

Wasn't the automated trading program supposed to provide liquidity ? Spread is huge right now.
I'm also wondering where the team of highly skilled traders is. Wait... Not working in shifts ?
I hope I'm wrong and there is angood explanation for this.
I'm sending some BTC over to poloniex

I've bought some recently and it seemed like the trading program was selling me small amounts of Aircoin at the lowest sell bid, other than that I can only guess the team is readying the new launch?? There wasn't really a rise in the price following their 1:1 announcement and I don't think anyone expected it to take off, it just provides a reason to hold on and see what happens.
Activity: 182
April 17, 2014, 12:50:26 AM
Wasn't the automated trading program supposed to provide liquidity ? Spread is huge right now.
I'm also wondering where the team of highly skilled traders is. Wait... Not working in shifts ?
I hope I'm wrong and there is angood explanation for this.
I'm sending some BTC over to poloniex
Crypto enthusiast
April 17, 2014, 12:48:51 AM
i've noticed it's been having problems now and again over the last 2 days. it's back up atm but with no miners!
Pages:
Jump to: