Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 17. (Read 137264 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
April 17, 2014, 12:14:30 AM
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 16, 2014, 10:02:29 PM
I kind of like the community here. There are supporters and critics but not many trolls.

We had something to kid about when the Aircoin team is going AWOL.

I still hold my coins and hope to convert it to the Aircoin 2.0.

But yeah, the team really needs to communicate with us. You can't just disappear. Just pop in and tell a joke or something.

Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Crypto enthusiast
April 16, 2014, 08:28:07 PM
given they've come out saying that /A is reborn they really should be engaging with the community. after all that was part of the problem where they didn't build up the community part. they should be trying to do that now during the lull instead of leaving us to our devices and conjuring up all sorts of images of what the air team are or are not.
Activity: 174
April 16, 2014, 06:14:23 PM
It is exam season for university students.
Yes but we are their thesis project!

So is there a chance that this project will be abandoned at the end of this semester? Considering that this coin has not gone where the devs have intended, once Alexander has received his final grade what will be his incentive to stay with this project? 
We're just killing time creating a persona of the "air team". We have no idea if they are only students, or part of a business development project funded by the university or independent professionals or etc... they refuse to release any info about themselves so we are creating an image of students working on projects as our community best guess. The last time I emailed them about a week ago they responded that they are actively working towards a new coin. They seem sincere. That's all I really know.
Activity: 174
April 16, 2014, 05:14:33 PM
Yes but we are their thesis project!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 16, 2014, 04:51:41 PM
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
April 16, 2014, 02:52:18 PM
Is anyone still in contact with the Devs? Can someone conform that AIRcoin is still alive?

Well...the DEV doesn't log in 2 days. I really hope AIR is still going.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
April 16, 2014, 08:45:31 AM
They probably vanished into the AIR  Huh

Jofo
Activity: 157
April 16, 2014, 06:46:44 AM
Is anyone still in contact with the Devs? Can someone conform that AIRcoin is still alive?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
April 14, 2014, 02:37:50 AM
Looks like Airpool.org isn't coming back, almost half a day worth of coins probably lost.

Well, he will immediately dump them no doubt. Just remember before panic selling  AIR if we see a small dump on Poloniex. I have my payouts at 5 AIRcoin on Carbonshark, and so far it has been a very good pool.

Check earlier on in this thread, he obviously had no idea WTF he was doing setting up the pool, probably just trying to cash in on some coins.

Now I regret helping him get his pool up . . . you can always mine here:  http://air.pitythepool.com
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2014, 02:46:21 PM
Looks like Airpool.org isn't coming back, almost half a day worth of coins probably lost.

Well, he will immediately dump them no doubt. Just remember before panic selling  AIR if we see a small dump on Poloniex. I have my payouts at 5 AIRcoin on Carbonshark, and so far it has been a very good pool.
Activity: 742
April 13, 2014, 12:56:18 AM
So the timeline will be:
0HR: Notice of new coin
72HR: Verification period begins
144HR: Verification Period Ends
- HR: Coin released

Addendum:
The coins will be 1:1 at the amounts when verified in that 72 hour window.
The timeline stated in the previous post will start (0HR) when the new coin's code is ready to be released and it is set up for exchange.

This is the confusing part...

0-hr = no hours left... this has "started" or "now"
Which coincides with the prior clipped portion, which was a "Notice of a new coin".

But, I am glad you cleared that up... three days later, (72 hours later).

Here's how to read that: when they give notice, that will be 0HR and the clock starts ticking.

Other than the fact that we have absolutely no idea when they will make the announcement, this is a pretty clear schedule.

What would help is if the devs could ballpark the announcement. 10 years? 20 minutes? Next week?
April 12, 2014, 11:48:15 PM

They just stole our coins, the domain info is protected but there should be a way to know who this guy is...
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
April 12, 2014, 07:57:30 PM
Activity: 15
April 11, 2014, 08:31:39 PM
Any news about the new wallet? I think there's been more than 72 hours.

We're not in any defined 72 hour window at the moment. The developers have proposed the following schedule:

{some unknown time from now} -> release of new (beta?) wallet

{some unknown time from release of beta wallet} -> 72 hour warning of upcoming verification

72 hours after warning -> 72 hour verification period begins

72 hours after verification period begins - verification period ends and new Aircoins are deposited 1:1 in - where? Another wallet, I suppose. Which we'd have to have before they can deposit/giveaway the matching coins.
April 11, 2014, 02:19:33 PM
Any news about the new wallet? I think there's been more than 72 hours.
Activity: 532
April 11, 2014, 09:32:28 AM

WE ARE STILL HERE - AND STILL MINING

Pity the Pool!  AIRcoin (AIR) Pool

- Solid servers, UPS/generator backups
- Redundant internet
- DDOS protection
- 1.5% fee
- Dedicated equipment - we own the hardware, we own the data center

http://air.pitythepool.com

Activity: 42
April 11, 2014, 07:43:58 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of chaotic-order. Tongue
Activity: 56
April 11, 2014, 06:51:41 AM
My outlook on aircoin has become less positive since I last stopped in.
In fact it has hit the floor.

If I was a malicious developer and the price was failing: I would announce a great amazing new coin that you can get 1:1 for your old cheap worthless aircoins in hopes of people buying them up in a frenzy. When people start buying up the old crappy coins I would start dumping the premine. I would then retire to the bahamas.

Of course I'm not a malicious dickhole but that is what they would do if they were smart.

In any case, it's hard to have faith when the devs jump ship like this...
And I just bought more aircoins too. Guess I'm a bagholder.

!? 14k worth of air sell orders on polo and you think they are going to dump enough of the premine to retire to the bahamas? At current rate less than 2btc is all thats needed to eat up all the buy orders.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
April 11, 2014, 02:22:41 AM
My outlook on aircoin has become less positive since I last stopped in.
In fact it has hit the floor.

If I was a malicious developer and the price was failing: I would announce a great amazing new coin that you can get 1:1 for your old cheap worthless aircoins in hopes of people buying them up in a frenzy. When people start buying up the old crappy coins I would start dumping the premine. I would then retire to the bahamas.

Of course I'm not a malicious dickhole but that is what they would do if they were smart.

In any case, it's hard to have faith when the devs jump ship like this...
And I just bought more aircoins too. Guess I'm a bagholder.
Pages:
Jump to: