Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 18. (Read 137264 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 250
April 11, 2014, 02:13:47 AM
You can mine at air.carbonshark.com while you wait, jump back when they come back online. My feelings won't be hurt.

I´m already mining...and i won't jump back  Cool

Glad to hear. I really do mean what I said. We need more stable pools, if only until the new coin is launched. I have no plans to take this pool down.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
April 11, 2014, 01:45:11 AM
You can mine at air.carbonshark.com while you wait, jump back when they come back online. My feelings won't be hurt.

I´m already mining...and i won't jump back  Cool
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 11, 2014, 01:40:40 AM
Amazing, after a long silence the Dev's announce the plan, and the price of AIR is falling (against BTC which is also falling against the $).

Sorry but there is no reason with such a small number of miners left not to just hard fork this with minor updates.  But that would take the dev's getting involved and communicating to have everyone on board. 

Really with around 10K AIR being enough to totally floor the price of this and the dev's holding an estimated 2.5M AIR from the premine you need a lot of trust in these silent people to stick with this coin.
Activity: 281
April 11, 2014, 01:30:10 AM
April 11, 2014, 01:00:57 AM
Hopefully they are upgrading the software...
Activity: 146
April 11, 2014, 12:03:00 AM
I'm solo mining ATM, they have 172 of mine Sad
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
April 11, 2014, 12:01:20 AM
Airpool is offline, still holding coins... no payments in 2 days

I really hope they send them out.  They have about 23 AIR of mine.  That isnt a ton but for my little 700khash its almost a day of mining.  For now im not mining while i wait. 
Activity: 146
April 10, 2014, 11:56:33 PM
Airpool is offline, still holding coins... no payments in 2 days
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 10, 2014, 10:22:11 PM
I like to know what the devs think of the falling btc coin price. I just like the insight of it all.

Btw, I'm liking the mining rewards at this low hash rate.

Yeah I have two computers with a single card each mining, just switched one from Isracoin to this. The other coin I'm mining is Electronic Gulden. 21 Million supply total and I'm getting around 10 a day with a single 7850, crazy... Not much use mining where all the hashpower is with my setup.

Also I think the relaunch of Air will be good timing as Bitcoin continues to fall, investors will look to diversify their crypto investment whereas now too many people are going all in with BTC. I've been busy looking mostly at alts that are positioning themselves for when the playing field levels out, this should be one of those.
Activity: 504
April 10, 2014, 09:55:34 PM
So the timeline will be:
0HR: Notice of new coin
72HR: Verification period begins
144HR: Verification Period Ends
- HR: Coin released

Addendum:
The coins will be 1:1 at the amounts when verified in that 72 hour window.
The timeline stated in the previous post will start (0HR) when the new coin's code is ready to be released and it is set up for exchange.

This is the confusing part...

0-hr = no hours left... this has "started" or "now"
Which coincides with the prior clipped portion, which was a "Notice of a new coin".

But, I am glad you cleared that up... three days later, (72 hours later).
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
April 10, 2014, 07:37:19 PM
I like to know what the devs think of the falling btc coin price. I just like the insight of it all.

Btw, I'm liking the mining rewards at this low hash rate.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
April 10, 2014, 07:32:33 PM
For clarification, the first 72 hours, the notice before the verification period, hasn't started yet and won't until the next coin's code is ready.

I don't think the new coin is around the corner, first they are going to make the new wallet for the old coin

marking the currently traded coin as "AIRcoin Beta", and will make a wallet update with KGW fixes and new documentation to reflect that

then they will prepare the new version of AIR,

Next, we will prepare a code for the full version of AIRcoin, including the variable block reward and improved investment system. Before it is released however, we will announce (with 72 hours in advance) a 72 hour verification period where users of the coin will be able to verify their wallet addresses (and the amount of AIRcoin beta inside them)

So, no need to rush...  Grin we don't even have the AIRbeta wallet.

This is correct. We won't start the 72 hour period until at least after the "Beta" wallet is released. 
April 10, 2014, 05:10:01 PM
I don't think the new coin is around the corner, first they are going to make the new wallet for the old coin

marking the currently traded coin as "AIRcoin Beta", and will make a wallet update with KGW fixes and new documentation to reflect that

then they will prepare the new version of AIR,

Next, we will prepare a code for the full version of AIRcoin, including the variable block reward and improved investment system. Before it is released however, we will announce (with 72 hours in advance) a 72 hour verification period where users of the coin will be able to verify their wallet addresses (and the amount of AIRcoin beta inside them)

So, no need to rush...  Grin we don't even have the AIRbeta wallet.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 10, 2014, 05:06:13 PM
I seriously doubt they are just gonna up and tell us to move coins into our wallet within an hour or be left out in the dust.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2014, 04:54:14 PM
I have my trusty cruxminer cranking away for the time being on Carbonshark, but I will pull it in a few hours when I get home from work. That should be around the time of the 72 hour announcement I think.
April 10, 2014, 04:44:54 PM
Just a reminder... You will not be able to be "credited" for coins that are not in your wallets... Once they determine what coins to match, past a certain block, those coins will have to be in your wallet, to confirm proof of ownership. Moving them after the block-limit will not count, as coins could be moved into those blocks, after being credited.

Translation: Pull your orders off the exchange and pools, and back into your wallet before the give-away starts. Otherwise, you will not be credited. Also, if you want to take advantage of the offer, you may want to buy them, before everyone pulls them off the exchanges for the crediting/giveaway.

P.S. Poloniex seems to be taking over an hour (over two hours now) for withdrawing AIR at the moment. ? It's a fee-free transaction, what the hell are they stalling for?

Have they started this timer already?

Not that I know of... they said 72-hours, and the hour is nigh!... I assume they will announce something, like... "Only one hour left to get your coins into your wallet!", or something. (They didn't leave any decent instructions on how they were doing this, or what was required of us. I suppose, like always, they will let us know, when it is too late to do anything, and just pop-in and say... "Ok, time is up. Hope you guessed what you were supposed to do, in order to get credited!") lol

They still have to work on the whole "communication thing". (At this rate, there are like 10 miners left mining. 40MHs for the whole network, some of that is them, I imagine...)
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
April 10, 2014, 04:37:03 PM
Just a reminder... You will not be able to be "credited" for coins that are not in your wallets... Once they determine what coins to match, past a certain block, those coins will have to be in your wallet, to confirm proof of ownership. Moving them after the block-limit will not count, as coins could be moved into those blocks, after being credited.

Translation: Pull your orders off the exchange and pools, and back into your wallet before the give-away starts. Otherwise, you will not be credited. Also, if you want to take advantage of the offer, you may want to buy them, before everyone pulls them off the exchanges for the crediting/giveaway.

P.S. Poloniex seems to be taking over an hour (over two hours now) for withdrawing AIR at the moment. ? It's a fee-free transaction, what the hell are they stalling for?

Have they started this timer already?
April 10, 2014, 04:26:36 PM

Mine just come in under 10 minutes.

However http://airpool.org/ is still without any sort of payments.  Angry

Might be because I am trying to withdraw over 10,000 AIR in one shot... lol. (Might be considered "suspicious" to them.)
April 10, 2014, 04:18:55 PM

Mine just come in under 10 minutes.

However http://airpool.org/ is still without any sort of payments.  Angry
April 10, 2014, 04:05:08 PM

Pages:
Jump to: