Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 19. (Read 137264 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 10, 2014, 09:33:31 AM
only dev can tell how they want to use these coins.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 10, 2014, 08:45:36 AM
I'm brand new in this marvelous cryptocurrencies world, which makes fun and I've solo mined AIR till yesterday, and now, I'm in the expectation of real news from the team, almost to know how a coin can be relaunched and if there is a future for such altcoins in the real world on a long term perspective.

Jofo

Welcome to the wonderful world of chaotic-order. Tongue

There is always a future for any credit-system like this, which has a "Proof of work" value added to it. It is just a matter of finding a use for it, which is difficult with the core structure and nature of the original coin, which all the other coins are based-off-of. However, a future is always there.
Activity: 32
April 10, 2014, 05:34:51 AM
Merci ISAWHIM.

I will PM them.

I'm brand new in this marvelous cryptocurrencies world, which makes fun and I've solo mined AIR till yesterday, and now, I'm in the expectation of real news from the team, almost to know how a coin can be relaunched and if there is a future for such altcoins in the real world on a long term perspective.

Jofo

April 10, 2014, 04:19:23 AM
I'm not getting payments from airpool.org, there's also no option for request a manual payout. Anyone else with this issue?

I have been using http://air.carbonshark.com/

They had a similar issue, which was resolved. It had to do with an update that the old pool-client had... (The emailer got botched in the old update, it was resolved in the new update to the pool-client. Try to contact the pool operator via one of the old emails, as the contact form will also not function, if the verification emails are not function.)
Activity: 32
April 10, 2014, 02:43:38 AM
http://air.cryptopool.eu/ is down and no possibilities to get the coins.

Does anyone else face the same issue...

Jofo
Activity: 532
April 10, 2014, 01:51:08 AM
I'm not getting payments from airpool.org, there's also no option for request a manual payout. Anyone else with this issue?

I am having the same issue.  I sent an email to their contact page two minutes ago about it.

I've sent an email also, let's see what happens. BTW, any other good pool?

http://air.pitythepool.com has been running since launch day, I have been mining there practically from the start.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
April 10, 2014, 12:48:30 AM

I am having the same issue.  I sent an email to their contact page two minutes ago about it.

I've sent an email also, let's see what happens. BTW, any other good pool?
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
April 10, 2014, 12:16:10 AM

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
April 09, 2014, 11:43:09 PM
April 09, 2014, 02:38:47 PM
Actually... Thinking about the jesting comment I made earlier...

If "AIR" was just setup as an exchange, not a specific coin...

Have all versions of the AIRcoin...
AIRsh2 (Sha256) {A-sh}
AIRscr (Scrypt) {A-sc}
AIRs-n (N-Scrypt) {A-sn}
AIRs-6 (Scrypt-6) {A-s6}
AIRx11 (x11) {A-11}
and...
AIRone (The bonus value, isolated and created as a representation of the bonus gains. Not mined.)

Thus, 1 AIRone would be = 0.1 AIRsh2 = 0.5 AIRscr = 0.7 AIRs-n = 0.3 AIRs-6 = 0.2 AIRx11... etc... (Just random numbers, but they would be based off what you "purchased" back from the exchanges, to distribute as the rewards, per coin. Which would only be traded/cashed-in on your exchanges.)

Etc... Thus, you corner the whole market without excluding any miners, and yet, each is independent... All would get the "AIR-Bonus", from the pool. You just mine whatever you are setup for.

With (AIR) being the "bonus" not the "coin".

Though, I still say relaunch with a 1:1 credit on the original AIRcoin, but without a premine at all, on any coins. (Just enough on the original AIRcoin, to compensate for the 1:1 transfer of honest mined coins.)

:Edited:
April 09, 2014, 12:58:49 PM
what the FUCK is going on in here?

Quick recap:

AIRcoin -> Soon to be AIR-BetaCoin? (ABC)(AIR)? {Scrypt} 2.5-million premine

NewAIRcoin -> Soon to be NewAIRcoin? (NAIR)? {N-Scrypt} 2.5-million + AIR-BetaCoin-PreviouslyMined-Credit premine*
* (Used to credit those who already mined OldAIR. Thus, OldAIR users will have 1:1 credit on NewAIR, what they had of OldAIR.)

Same market-cap, same premine percentage (but double qty total) by the devs, same starting reward... (But variable reward {not detailed}, starts on NewAIR?)

OldAIR will have KGW adjusted. (No mention of how it is adjusted.)

Credits will start in about a day (or today)? The crediting will continue for about 3 days? Then new coin will be launched.

EG: Quick way to double your holdings, having equal parts of both, is to buy OldAIRcoins, before the "crediting" starts.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
April 09, 2014, 12:15:58 PM
what the FUCK is going on in here?
Activity: 532
April 09, 2014, 09:37:49 AM
Alright, I'm back on board with Aircoin. Looking forward to the verification period, and getting in early with the new launch. To make it run smoothly, they are going to have offer some plan to deal with people that might want to claim their new Aircoins and then sell them to someone else that may try the same thing. Are they going to take a snapshot at one time to verify who has the coins?

I was worried about this as well, but there are a few ways to mitigate duplicate trade-ins for new AIR.

The import method mentioned above by mudshark79 is one way.

Another way would be for TeamAIRcoin to just collect old wallet addresses (do not check balances) during the 72-hour verification window.  At the end of the verification period, simply record the balance of each wallet at the moment the verification period ends, this is the amount of new AIR each wallet holder will receive.  Basically, you get new AIR equal to whatever your old wallet balance is at XX:XX exact time. 

This would prevent people from submitting one wallet with 1,000 AIR, then transferring to another wallet and submitting a second time.

When the coin is released, old AIR holders will need to submit their old wallet address, plus new wallet address.  TeamAIR would then need to match these addresses to wallets submitted during the verification period, and send coins to their new address.
Activity: 56
April 09, 2014, 09:01:56 AM
I am thinking that the only way to keep it honest is to surrender existing AIR, even if only temporarily. They could accept the AIR Beta, distribute New AIR based on what is surrendered, then at the end of verification, they could return AIR Beta. I know this sounds like a big pain, but really, how many are holding AIR right now? I can see the potential for abuse if existing AIR is not surrendered. Maybe there could be a volunteer to administer the exchange of coins. (Finger on nose...not it)

More likely you would simply start a new blockchain and you would than enable a redeeming mechanism in the new clients that "enables" your NEWAir on the new blockchain by importing your old wallet.dat so based on the adress-keys inside. MMC/PTS/AGS already did it several times... approved method and you don't need any exchanges whatsoever. Only the ppl have to fetch their air from the exchange and into their "own" wallet on time ... one will see, i guess. So the premined 2.5m would also appear in the new blockchain and there is no possibility of abuse (you had to trust the devs on this one until now so nothing changes here) - I think the greater "problem" is that several "Pros" that played this coin to this point are now so completely full of AIR that history will repeat even more distinct, i'm afraid. This will take a long time to "recover"... also me should have shortened greater quantities earlier.

Personally I don't believe in any of those so called "concepts" or strategies concerning of simple Alts anymore. The only thing that is gonna bring sustainable growth would be a mass adoption of any kind based on a decentralized blockchain-application but not necessarily simply by paying for goods online or even using those blockchain-application as a means of investment - Q.E.D. via this first attempt of AIR, even with best intentions of the developers.

Have Fun!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
April 09, 2014, 08:54:07 AM
So does does this mean any  Aircoin holders have to keep checking this thread? Can we give our email adress to Teamaircoin and have them notify us of the announcement?
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 09, 2014, 08:23:49 AM
I am thinking that the only way to keep it honest is to surrender existing AIR, even if only temporarily. They could accept the AIR Beta, distribute New AIR based on what is surrendered, then at the end of verification, they could return AIR Beta. I know this sounds like a big pain, but really, how many are holding AIR right now? I can see the potential for abuse if existing AIR is not surrendered. Maybe there could be a volunteer to administer the exchange of coins. (Finger on nose...not it)

I don't know about that, instead they just could specify how long you need to have the coins at a specific address, and when they will verify the balance.
Activity: 281
April 09, 2014, 08:14:38 AM
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 09, 2014, 05:01:04 AM
Alright, I'm back on board with Aircoin. Looking forward to the verification period, and getting in early with the new launch. To make it run smoothly, they are going to have offer some plan to deal with people that might want to claim their new Aircoins and then sell them to someone else that may try the same thing. Are they going to take a snapshot at one time to verify who has the coins?
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
April 08, 2014, 10:51:42 PM
Still, I want to know what is going to happen to the original 2,500,000 AIR that the Dev team controls?

only dev can tell how they want to use these coins.

does it matter. i'd imagine the beta version of this coin will be worthless after the 1:1 swap occurs as it will no longer have active dev support and most of the community will swing across to the new version
Activity: 281
April 08, 2014, 09:20:55 PM
Looks like carbonshark is experiencing some wallet issues....Hope they can get it resolved.

No wallet issue, there was an issue with the mailer daemon. Issue resolved now. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Also, since the support for the original theme for MPOS is being discontinued, I have upgraded to the latest MPOS and theme.
Pages:
Jump to: