Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 20. (Read 137264 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 08, 2014, 10:39:45 AM
April 08, 2014, 09:46:33 AM
It doesn't matter what algo you use... That is irrelevant.

If it runs cooler, and costs you less to create it, the coin is worth less and can be sold for less. If it costs you more, it has to be sold for more. The "hashing-rate", is not a comparison, nor is watts without adjusting your miners for the scrypt-variance. Hashing half the work, twice as fast, consumes the same power. Hashing it half the work, half as fast, is just dumb. You have just made a ghetto pseudo-ASIC, except a real ASIC would have actually run at 1/100th the cost. All you did was isolate yourself to an exclusive coin that no-one wants to hop to, or mine.

(You have no idea how scrypts work, that is why you are being suckered into the novelty of "it's faster, look at those bigger numbers!"... and "It saves power, look, only 50% of the wattage!"... lol, seriously... Might as well be mining a coin with a million-coin reward. The reward has nothing to do with the value. It is the number of blocks per day, and number of blocks you can get, with x-dollars in electricity, that determines the value of the "units", whatever they are. "OMG BTC is 2790 on Huobi and only 450 on BTCe, I'm gonna sell there instead, I get 2790, that's more, right! Yea, Yuan... What is that in Zimbabwe-dollars?)

I can make scrypt run 50% cooler, just got to tune it for that. I can make it run 50% hotter too. (The point is, you have to tune the cards for each VARIATION of the scrypt you are using. That is why hoppers only hop among the coins they are tuned for. That is the "snap your fingers to keep away the dragons". There are no dragons.)

Your failure to comprehend this stuff, is a sign that you have no idea what you are doing.

So now we have AIR, AIIR, and soon AIIIR...
Or will it be AIRs, AIRsN and AIRx11 (Hey, future markets! Get in now!)
Don't forget AIRsha2, and AIRsha3 (Soon to be.) Also AIRs6 and AIRmd5 and AIRblowfish (I like that one)

Funny thing is, they could have used an existing coin, to do what they wanted, except for manipulating the reward (redundant), and the premine (not even needed).

Is this so you have 2-coins on your own exchange that you are building? You do realize you don't even need coins (premine), if you are going to have your own exchange, since the exchange uses "credit" for the exchanges, not actual coins. (Again, a sign that they are not thinking things through.) Just like silver exchanges don't even actually have silver, they just paper-trade for differences. There is no spoon! (No silver spoon.)

Miners are now off this coin for good. I'll just double my 12K and wait for it to become worth something. Might want to actually invest in the coin/us and less in yourselves.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
Crypto enthusiast
April 08, 2014, 08:32:06 AM
So if we have coins, we tell them the wallet address and how many coins are in it, and provide a new Aircoin wallet address and they deposit new Aircoins into the new wallet?

sounds about right. i'd expect we'd need to keep the coins in our wallets for up to 72h otherwise they could be double counted if they were sent to someone else after being credited with the new coin.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2014, 08:21:11 AM
So if we have coins, we tell them the wallet address and how many coins are in it, and provide a new Aircoin wallet address and they deposit new Aircoins into the new wallet?
Activity: 394
Crypto enthusiast
April 08, 2014, 05:54:55 AM
TeamAircoin, What's wrong with current Aircoin? Nothing if you ask me. Just implement DGW and be done with it. I really don't understand why you want to create new coin. How is that changing anything? What's the point?  Huh

Exactly!

Why not just update the current code with a hard fork and provide the updated wallets.

I think the devs kids have totally lost the plot with this latest announcement as it will only create confusion and increases their premine even more.

What are they going to do when AIR 2.0 doesn't go their way? Create a third AIRcoin?

I'm not sure DGW and scrypt-n is even worth the update, there are already coins with those features.  To me it sounds like they will destroy the value of both coins in one go.

The decision to use scrypt-n over other variants is disappointing given the huge power savings some of the new algo's give.  If you are going to change why not actually give some benefit to the mining community with cheaper running costs?  Instead we are getting jerked around with plummeting value on a  heavily premined coin that is soon to be abandoned and a new coin that doesn't offer anything new.

Agree.. I've been mining Hiro & Heavycoin since AIR and before that VTC. I like the X11 and Heavy1 because they use 1/2 the power, generate a lot less heat and run quiet.

Scrypt-N is a bad choice IMHO as it offers the miners nothing but high costs and with 1/2 the hashrate of scrypt, and already ASICS are being designed to run Scrypt-N.

Looks like AIRteam is well on the way to setting AIR 2.0 up for another fail.

Nothing in their announcement entices me back to mining or investing in this coin.

Wasn't the main drawcard of this coin the concept behind the investment pool and not the technical specs behind coin? From recollection they identified some key constraints with the 'beta' release: not enough volume, single exchange and not being able to turn on the variable block reward function. With this relaunch it sounds like we'll have 3 exchanges, variable block reward turned on and with the 2.5M premine + 1:1 mined beta (i'm assuming they won't double up on their 2.5M beta premine) should provide the increased volume. However, with this increase in premine will the system require more BTC upfront to support the price if the coin gets dumped right after relaunch?
Activity: 770
April 08, 2014, 05:33:28 AM
Still, I want to know what is going to happen to the original 2,500,000 AIR that the Dev team controls?

only dev can tell how they want to use these coins.
Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
April 08, 2014, 05:32:36 AM
x11 was the obvious choice. Never has my house been cooler.[darkcoin, hiro, lime and more to come] Almost winter here in Aus. Cool cards no extra fan or airconditioning needed Smiley I will never mine AIR again as the $300/mth extra in electricity costs and intense heat is not worth it. I will hold and maybe buy the new AIR but no mining for me. Good luck to you guys in the USA summer heat.

+1000

also scrypt-n is a card killer... Ill be holding though but not mining.
Activity: 297
April 08, 2014, 05:30:51 AM
TeamAircoin, What's wrong with current Aircoin? Nothing if you ask me. Just implement DGW and be done with it. I really don't understand why you want to create new coin. How is that changing anything? What's the point?  Huh

Exactly!

Why not just update the current code with a hard fork and provide the updated wallets.

I think the devs kids have totally lost the plot with this latest announcement as it will only create confusion and increases their premine even more.

What are they going to do when AIR 2.0 doesn't go their way? Create a third AIRcoin?

I'm not sure DGW and scrypt-n is even worth the update, there are already coins with those features.  To me it sounds like they will destroy the value of both coins in one go.

The decision to use scrypt-n over other variants is disappointing given the huge power savings some of the new algo's give.  If you are going to change why not actually give some benefit to the mining community with cheaper running costs?  Instead we are getting jerked around with plummeting value on a  heavily premined coin that is soon to be abandoned and a new coin that doesn't offer anything new.

Agree.. I've been mining Hiro & Heavycoin since AIR and before that VTC. I like the X11 and Heavy1 because they use 1/2 the power, generate a lot less heat and run quiet.

Scrypt-N is a bad choice IMHO as it offers the miners nothing but high costs and with 1/2 the hashrate of scrypt, and already ASICS are being designed to run Scrypt-N.

Looks like AIRteam is well on the way to setting AIR 2.0 up for another fail.

Nothing in their announcement entices me back to mining or investing in this coin.

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
April 08, 2014, 05:07:09 AM
x11 was the obvious choice. Never has my house been cooler.[darkcoin, hiro, lime and more to come] Almost winter here in Aus. Cool cards no extra fan or airconditioning needed Smiley I will never mine AIR again as the $300/mth extra in electricity costs and intense heat is not worth it. I will hold and maybe buy the new AIR but no mining for me. Good luck to you guys in the USA summer heat.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
April 08, 2014, 04:49:37 AM

Exactly!

I'm not sure DGW and scrypt-n is even worth the update, there are already coins with those features.  To me it sounds like they will destroy the value of both coins in one go.

The decision to use scrypt-n over other variants is disappointing given the huge power savings some of the new algo's give.  If you are going to change why not actually give some benefit to the mining community with cheaper running costs?  Instead we are getting jerked around with plummeting value on a  heavily premined coin that is soon to be abandoned and a new coin that doesn't offer anything new.
Activity: 297
April 08, 2014, 03:38:56 AM

Exactly!

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 08, 2014, 02:36:59 AM
TeamAircoin, What's wrong with current Aircoin? Nothing if you ask me. Just implement DGW and be done with it. I really don't understand why you want to create new coin. How is that changing anything? What's the point?  Huh

Why the hell did you choose Scrypt-N for the new coin? You want miners to burn electricity for air? Because that's what it's going to do. It's only little bit more energy efficient than regular Scrypt. Crypto community is clearly moving towards less power consuming coins. Scrypt-N is one of the most power consuming new algorithms out there.

Someone on the french forum about mining i come from run some tests with a simple rig setup, with 2 x R9 280X

All tests ran with the same frequency etc..
Each algo can be optimized, but for comparison, it's good.

Power at the wall:
Idle
80-90w

scrypt
550W - 2 x 720khs

Scrypt-N
537W - 2 x 350khs

Scrypt-jane  
485W- 2 x 133khs

Groestl
271W - 2 x 7 025khs

Myr-G
295W - 2 x 9 920khs

skein
440 W - 2 x 212 500khs

Keccak
430W - 2 x 316 000khs

X11
285W - 2 x 2 080khs
Activity: 392
April 08, 2014, 02:27:19 AM
My P2Pool at www.omargpools.ca:2630 has been running fine. I've been mining on it by myself most of the time.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 08, 2014, 01:27:18 AM
Looks like carbonshark is experiencing some wallet issues....Hope they can get it resolved.
Activity: 281
April 08, 2014, 01:25:10 AM
Still, I want to know what is going to happen to the original 2,500,000 AIR that the Dev team controls?
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 08, 2014, 01:01:13 AM
This is an interesting strategy... It reads to me like instead of launching an IPO, holders of Aircoin that have been following this thread have essentially bought in to the relaunch, and so has anyone else that buys it before the verification period ends. After that verification period, Aircoin beta has a uncertain future and will likely get dumped, whereas the new Scrypt N Aircoin becomes the focus as a new kind of investment product. But will the different algorithm make that much difference? Not sure..
April 08, 2014, 12:39:30 AM
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, all the AIR Beta I submit during the verification window will be honored 1:1 with the new AIRcoin.

My AIR Beta is not destroyed or exchanged, I get to keep it?  For every AIR Beta that I own right now, I get a matching "new" AIRcoin?

If that's the case, why on earth isn't everyone buying assloads of AIR right now?

So you get 2x the AIR, in essence... (Pun intended.)

If you have 2,000 OldAIRbeta, you will now have 2,000 oldAIRbeta, and 2,000 newAIR...

Why have only 2,000 turn to 4,000, when you could have 20,000 and turn that into 40,000!
Activity: 281
April 08, 2014, 12:36:11 AM
So, is the 2.5 mil dev-mine from AIRbeta also going to be verified and made available to the dev team in addition to another 2.5 mil premine on NewAIR? Now, wouldn't that be something? 5 mil total premine? Not very clear here guys.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 07, 2014, 11:17:16 PM
With a large spread after the dump by (I am not sure who) people will be hesitant to see who will make the next move. It could conceivably be a very big opportunity. I do wonder what would happen with the BETA premine though. They said it would be supported "for the time being."
Activity: 532
April 07, 2014, 11:09:28 PM
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, all the AIR Beta I submit during the verification window will be honored 1:1 with the new AIRcoin.

My AIR Beta is not destroyed or exchanged, I get to keep it?  For every AIR Beta that I own right now, I get a matching "new" AIRcoin?

If that's the case, why on earth isn't everyone buying assloads of AIR right now?  If the rewards structure is the same, 3.72 coins per block, it would a long time to mine 1,000 coins, especially on Scrypt-N.  This many coins can be had for a mere 0.1-0.2 BTC at current prices.

Pages:
Jump to: