Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 2. (Read 137228 times)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Proteus?
April 19, 2018, 09:05:23 AM
No active nodes as far as we know.  

We're working on Lightning integration again now, that's pretty much what's holding up the development.

We've tested out the dynamic blockreward +Approximate Consensus on an old version of the Litecoin code, you can see some examples below of the test chain.

Activity: 83
Merit: 0
April 19, 2018, 04:45:20 AM
Any active node ?
Activity: 47
April 12, 2018, 11:27:19 AM
 I would like to share the project with another investors. Can someone show me in the right direction?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
April 11, 2018, 07:58:19 PM
FYI, since we're now past block 1,000,000 the (current) coin is now PoS only. It can no longer be mined.
Activity: 3
April 07, 2018, 08:46:57 AM
Hi!!
I want to say that the project is excellent and deserves attention from the community. I am very grateful for the opportunity to participate in it.
Proteus?
April 03, 2018, 07:48:45 AM
New code coming your way soon, we're working out kinks in validation rules due to something I call "Approximate Consensus".  We can't all agree on an exact blockreward if autonomous wallets are performing their own calculations and need them to remain independent of other's calculations.  What we can do though, is say: "you were close enough to what everyone else is getting, this seems right for a blockreward".  This will eventually allow us to do a bunch of off-chain consensus things, including building actual autonomous wallets. 
Activity: 83
April 03, 2018, 05:47:41 AM
Any active node ?
Proteus?
February 04, 2018, 03:25:52 PM
Wow, January is gone already?

And apparently, it took most of Crypto's value with it.  Well cycles happen, and we hope you can continue to protect yourself carefully as a trader.  We've been giving a lot of thought to the structure of the ITP's we're going to offer and some exciting things are coming down the road.

New:
 We've picked up a new developer who's developing a proof of hardware (PoH) scheme for future computational work performed by miners, and will be implementing that as time goes on. Still aiming for that February release date, but March isn't looking too bad either. We're working for the end of February though.

We will be hosting a one coin exchange on the Smallchange website (domain name pending) where you can also buy the ITP's.

Unexpected Tip (for those of you who made it this far):

We're tangentially participating in the Ubiquicoin https://ubiquicoin.com project's development.  We will not advise you to buy tokens one way or another, but we do advise you do some research.  These people are well connected, funded, and have staffed the development team with competent individuals (arguably, sure, but generally competent).  They are set to raise quite a bit, so get in while you can and cash out if you must.  We'll be holding on that project.

Proteus?
December 28, 2017, 01:05:20 AM
Is there a white paper out for this coin? Please share. Seems an interesting coin for me.

Thanks!
web? white paper? Please let me know.

Oh hey, so you guys are alive. We weren't going to make a move or use any of our resources unless we got people talking about this elephant in the room.  But I think enough has happened now over 2017 that going into 2018 we need to start having serious discussions about and implementing simple yet power safeguards against barely-researched, highly-speculative, and/or just wrong investments/trades.

We're pre-website, but you can find the rough draft of the whitepaper here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pkyna1woyol9axr/AACd_kVzr34wzy2lNsLOZ7-aa?dl=0

Our AIRcoin/Aleph token thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26592409
Slack channel: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19962871

We're from a project that burned out (no one was scammed, this was 2014 before all that ICO and raising money stuff) but some of us have returned to pick up where we left off with our own resources. As you can see from page 108 and 109 of our original thread, we actually have been thinking about and working on this for a while.
Activity: 39
December 28, 2017, 12:04:51 AM
Is there a white paper out for this coin? Please share. Seems an interesting coin for me.

Thanks!
Proteus?
December 22, 2017, 11:46:45 PM
Hi all. Why the OP deleted his post? Is this related to IOTA? Or i can get this coin if i hold IOTA coin or only buying from exchanges?

Aleph: The rebooted AIR (Release Date TBD)
You can't buy this coin yet, we're rebooting it.  The new coin will be called Aleph, and is technically a cryptoasset not a coin; you can buy them both the same way though.  Aleph will have ~ 2 billion units.

Smallchange Service: ITP's and your money (Release Date TBD, estimated mid-February 2018)

The service we offered through the Smallchange thread will let you insure any coin from our approved list. We'll start with top 40 coins on day one, and expand from there to include most coins by end of month of launch.

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
December 22, 2017, 09:16:33 PM
Hi all. Why the OP deleted his post? Is this related to IOTA? Or i can get this coin if i hold IOTA coin or only buying from exchanges?
Proteus?
December 22, 2017, 09:11:11 PM
We're moving our timeline up, it seems that people received quite a wake-up call today.  We urge you to insure your coins with our service, old purchases and new.  At least when things like this happen you'll have a way to get your value back. For example, everyone who bought IOTA and had it drop on them by 30% today, had you picked our most expensive insurance plan at 20% of your investment, you'd have walked out with 10% more money and had all of it converted back into Bitcoin or USD instantly.  Then you could wait for the next good position to buy, and insure your next IOTA purchase with that 10%.

An excerpt from my latest posts on the Smallchange thread.
Proteus?
December 19, 2017, 05:05:54 AM
 Smallchange is live next year, Insured Trading Positions (ITPs) are first on the list.
We'll just leave this here:https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26591973

I urge you to leave comments on the thread above about the ITPs if you think they'll be useful to you or people you know.  We're trying to get newer users into cryptocurrencies by making the risk accessible to anyone. Too many people are now carelessly investing into currencies due to greed or just general ignorance, without calculating their risk to a tee.  Let us do some of this for you!  Spread the word!
Proteus?
December 10, 2017, 03:55:22 AM
We haven't gone anywhere.  Just finished draft one of our SBIR applications to the DoD, new technology (in our INS unit) is going to take a while to get right.  We don't have all the funds necessary to do promotion and what not, we have just enough to do the work we want to do.  So that means, for now, the rebirth of AIRcoin as Aleph remains a rumor. We prefer it that way, let the rumors of what we're working on spread far and wide. We're okay with this being one of those "you had to have been there" opportunities.  Those of you who know what's coming, we ask that you patiently hold on for some time longer.  It might be a few months, it might be a few years.  Either way, make sure you're keeping up to date with our progress: when our product lines launch you're probably going to want a front row seat.

Its nice of you to post news about the work in progress. For most of us, AIRcoin was a big frustration at the time, not just because of loss of potential gains, but mostly by the failure of such an innovative idea at the time.

I don't hold a lot of coins and I would never be a millionaire out of AIRcoin , but it would be very satisfying for me to see this concept rise from the ashes, mainly because it was the first altcoin that I really believed could stand out from the swarm of clonecoins appearing at the time.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

I still slap myself when I'm front of my mirror every morning for how inept my team was for wasting such a rare opportunity.  The timing of the idea was quite apt, on top of how interesting the idea was to begin with.  For it to not even fail of its own accord is rather disappointing.  So now I just want to see what it could have been.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
December 09, 2017, 05:12:29 PM
We haven't gone anywhere.  Just finished draft one of our SBIR applications to the DoD, new technology (in our INS unit) is going to take a while to get right.  We don't have all the funds necessary to do promotion and what not, we have just enough to do the work we want to do.  So that means, for now, the rebirth of AIRcoin as Aleph remains a rumor. We prefer it that way, let the rumors of what we're working on spread far and wide. We're okay with this being one of those "you had to have been there" opportunities.  Those of you who know what's coming, we ask that you patiently hold on for some time longer.  It might be a few months, it might be a few years.  Either way, make sure you're keeping up to date with our progress: when our product lines launch you're probably going to want a front row seat.

Its nice of you to post news about the work in progress. For most of us, AIRcoin was a big frustration at the time, not just because of loss of potential gains, but mostly by the failure of such an innovative idea at the time.

I don't hold a lot of coins and I would never be a millionaire out of AIRcoin , but it would be very satisfying for me to see this concept rise from the ashes, mainly because it was the first altcoin that I really believed could stand out from the swarm of clonecoins appearing at the time.

Thanks for keeping us informed.
Proteus?
December 02, 2017, 11:52:45 AM
We haven't gone anywhere.  Just finished draft one of our SBIR applications to the DoD, new technology (in our INS unit) is going to take a while to get right.  We don't have all the funds necessary to do promotion and what not, we have just enough to do the work we want to do.  So that means, for now, the rebirth of AIRcoin as Aleph remains a rumor. We prefer it that way, let the rumors of what we're working on spread far and wide. We're okay with this being one of those "you had to have been there" opportunities.  Those of you who know what's coming, we ask that you patiently hold on for some time longer.  It might be a few months, it might be a few years.  Either way, make sure you're keeping up to date with our progress: when our product lines launch you're probably going to want a front row seat.
Proteus?
November 08, 2017, 07:38:09 PM
Still working on the Lighthouse project's INS unit.  It's the last portion of the program to be completed before we can launch our first tech product in conjunction with our tokens.  Smallchange is still gathering steam, but not quickly enough.  Thoughts on how to increase adoption of Smallchange software at brick-and-mortars around the U.S?
Proteus?
November 04, 2017, 10:36:28 AM
I am one of the original devs.  As you can see by the usage of an official dev account, as opposed to every other AIRcoin imposter out there, or devs from other projects that happen to have the same name as AIRcoin.  Just check the history of messages posted by this user. This coin as it was is dead, we have not released Aleph, the replacement. We're still working on that, check my posts on page 108.  Please do not buy anymore AIRcoin, those are not our coins they are for other projects.  As stated, our blockchain no longer syncs.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
November 01, 2017, 09:52:05 AM
Developments are still active, it's just taking a while to produce updates worth notifying you all about.  Also, you should not be mining the old coin, just hold on to what you have right now. IF you really feel like reviving the old one, we could do so but it would be quite a long road.

We repeat: it's just taking a while to post update-worthy content. We don't want to spam, but we could increase the update frequency during lulls to further discuss ideas.  You are all welcome to fill in the silence while waiting for us to get a good slew of businesses behind Smallchange and secure our money transmission licenses.

As you know (if you've read the different Statements in the Slack channel or my previous posts on AIRcoin's forum), Aleph0 Technologies is working on quite a few technologies at the moment.  We're splitting our time between projects that would otherwise occupy whole startup teams.  We're doing this without requesting a dime from any public backer (feel free to donate though, just PM us for details).  We recognize we don't deserve a cookie or a medal for doing this, but a start-up is going to struggle and is going to have to work through those struggles to bring its users the types of products and content they would like to see, for FREE. 

TL;DR  We are raising money privately, but not that much: we're bootstrapping most of the technologies you've seen on the Slack Channel that we are working on.  We aren't really big on "pay us first, get the product (MUCH) later".  Tell us if you think "wait to use to the product first, pay for it (MUCH) later" is taking too long though. We can shift gears.

This coin is alive again now? I bought some Aircoin years ago and watched the coin die. Is there a client that still syncs?

My impression was that the Aircoin developers used this project to test bot AI on Poloniex, which may of been implemented for other coins, otherwise, it seems we were all screwed.

What's your relationship, if any, to the original developers?
Pages:
Jump to: