Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 22. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
AIRcoin Alexander
April 07, 2014, 03:30:11 PM
We have made a decision on exactly how to proceed with improving the coin's code. What we will be doing is marking the currently traded coin as "AIRcoin Beta", and will make a wallet update with KGW fixes and new documentation to reflect that. It will still be supported for the time being, and it will be managed on Poloniex.

Next, we will prepare a code for the full version of AIRcoin, including the variable block reward and improved investment system. Before it is released however, we will announce (with 72 hours in advance) a 72 hour verification period where users of the coin will be able to verify their wallet addresses (and the amount of AIRcoin beta inside them), after which we will have a giveaway for the new blockchain based on the amount within the wallets during verification. This gives users plenty of time to buy or sell AIRcoin in advance of this news.

The new blockchain will have very similar stats to the old one, except with a premine increased to include the coins given away for the new releaseThe next difficulty adjustment algorithm will be our own variation on the Dark Gravity Well, with further improvements over KGW.

One change that has occurred this week, however: We have chosen Scrypt-N over X11, in part due to complications with implementing X11, and concerns over its ease of access for new users. The next coin will have a number of new features, and a full update list will come out before the verification period.

So the timeline will be:

0HR: Notice of new coin
72HR: Verification period begins
144HR: Verification Period Ends
- HR: Coin released

Mintpal has requested that AIRcoin be added to their exchange, and we will add AIRcoin to Mintpal after the next release, and we are currently working with a new, well-funded and professional exchange that will be arriving soon.

We are still answering questions via email (if you don't get a response within 48 hours, try either the contact form on the website, alexander's email ([email protected]) or the support email ([email protected]). And we are still watching the threads, but as normal, we will update the threads with new information but still ask for users to either send private messages to this account or emails for direct questions. We've found that emails are a much better way of answering direct questions about the coin, as well as keeping the team focused on the task at hand.

This is just a step of evolution towards AIRcoin, and the support you guys have shown has really helped us learn and improve as time goes on. Those who remarked early that AIRcoin was a "long term coin" are very correct. We're all hoping that we can move forward as we try to improve the system and bring it to real world merchants.

Addendum:

The coins will be 1:1 at the amounts when verified in that 72 hour window.

However, this is explicitly not a transfer of funds. We are not accepting any of the old AIRcoin (AIRcoin beta) and you are free to continue using them, we are just using the support that others have (from their existing stores of AIRcoin) to distribute the new blockchain. The team is not moving coins from one location to another, they are just distributing new ones, and the old coin code still exists.

The timeline stated in the previous post will start (0HR) when the new coin's code is ready to be released and it is set up for exchange.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 06, 2014, 11:14:15 PM
I wrote an email a week ago on their website and did not receive a response. I haven't sent one since then so they might have the time to respond now.

Mintpals' trading API has been released for closed beta which coincides well with the two week mark the devs were asking for. Of course mintpal want votes to add a coin and Aircoin is no where near the top of the list unless the devs know someone that knows someone.

In the meantime, have we ran out of dumpers? I like to buy more cheap coins but it keeps going up.

It's still cheap!!  ;-)

And easy to mine!
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
April 06, 2014, 10:46:31 AM
I wrote an email a week ago on their website and did not receive a response. I haven't sent one since then so they might have the time to respond now.

Mintpals' trading API has been released for closed beta which coincides well with the two week mark the devs were asking for. Of course mintpal want votes to add a coin and Aircoin is no where near the top of the list unless the devs know someone that knows someone.

In the meantime, have we ran out of dumpers? I like to buy more cheap coins but it keeps going up.

It's still cheap!!  ;-)
Activity: 82
April 06, 2014, 09:37:13 AM

Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 06, 2014, 09:00:16 AM
Team AirCoin will be back. If you have concerns or questions try as they requested use PM or email. They are responding promptly, certainly to reasonable, rational messages.

I can confirm that. I wrote a email and got a quick, friendly response

Well then... I'm not confident enough to buy any now - but I was involved earlier, so I'm definitely curious to see what happens
Activity: 279
April 06, 2014, 06:27:44 AM
Team "AirCon" isn't coming back...

Team AirCoin will be back. If you have concerns or questions try as they requested use PM or email. They are responding promptly, certainly to reasonable, rational messages.
April 05, 2014, 01:23:10 PM

Name:   AIRcoin
Activity:   42
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   February 20, 2014, 12:22:19 AM
Last Active:   Today at 02:42:01 PM

I am sure they are reading the forums and compiling some answers to add to the FAQs page, like they said they were going to do. The two week mark is nearly up though, from the last announcement.

However, they will be replying to a thin crowd of investors at this point. Investors who are still investing, and growing in holding-volume. We are already at 5% mined, of premine level now.

+2,629,556.44 AIR Blockchain
-2,500,000.00 Premine
================
= 129,556.44 Mined AIR = 5.1822576% of the Premine matched

I really wish they would just work with me here, on a solution. I would rather that the coin remain in the full ownership of AIRteam. With any of the suggestions made. Nothing I have suggested would impede them from doing what they NEED to do, and will only make it easier for them to achieve the goals, in the end. (Except the one about "setting the reward, based on price." Since the point of the alts, is that the reward auto-adjusts based on the price, via miners mining. Thus, it is redundant, and will only drive miners away. Plus, without "regulation", nothing stops them from "self interest", by setting those values. Defeats the purpose of "halving reward" as the nature of the statement of the coins attributes, if you can just double it up by altering it with a click of a button. Thus, yes, another contradiction in the "whitepaper".)
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
April 05, 2014, 05:26:03 AM
Activity: 281
April 04, 2014, 11:49:29 PM
how to mine it ? Huh

What kind of hardware do you have?
April 04, 2014, 11:48:08 PM
I know there was a pretty good storm that went thru North Central Texas yesterday - prob. not the same one that affected you... pretty impressive that you have such a serious UPS as well as a backup gen.  Now if only we can get even a fraction of that type of dedication from the dev team - fingers crossed that they are cooking up something worthwhile... like everyone says, it wouldn't hurt to just chime in... or update something on the airteam site.
'we are working on x' or 'stay tuned'... just a little reassurance would go a long way in securing new miners etc etc.

Of course, gleaning much from Isawhim's insight.  The fact that this coin has attracted some 'above average' participants is refreshing to say the least.

My apologies for air.carbonshark.com having a small outage earlier. The storms took out a transformer, and the power company time to repair was greater than the four hours of run-time on my 3000VA UPS. I did not have my generator in the auto-transfer position.. Again, I apologize.

Thank you for the compliment. I own a small IT support company that also provides web/email hosting and off-site backup for my customers, so I already have the equipment. I did install a server for just the pool operations that I started. It is great that there are people that are willing to provide help and suggestions that make mining and pool operation better for all of us. I think I need to move forward with my plan to create a website for pool reviews and support. I think it could be invaluable to have ratings for pools, and even some kind of rating/warning about pool users, especially for outing any scammers. Scammers can be miners as well as pool operators. Suggestions to make pools operate better or more fairly to miners can be a great service to all. It could also be a place for coin developers to find pool operators for new coins. I welcome any suggestions and offers of help in creating this.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
zjz_lgd
April 04, 2014, 11:47:08 PM
how to mine it ? Huh
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
April 04, 2014, 10:50:09 PM
I would really like to mine aircoin again, but I don't know...this new Groestl algo is so nice...easy mininig and low temps. Maybe tomorrow I move them back to air for some easy coins too. It's not like I'm mining for short term profits anyway. That's why I have my day job. I already have 1500 aircoins, but it don't hurt to get more if devs actually come back with the good news.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
April 04, 2014, 10:03:58 PM
I know there was a pretty good storm that went thru North Central Texas yesterday - prob. not the same one that affected you... pretty impressive that you have such a serious UPS as well as a backup gen.  Now if only we can get even a fraction of that type of dedication from the dev team - fingers crossed that they are cooking up something worthwhile... like everyone says, it wouldn't hurt to just chime in... or update something on the airteam site.
'we are working on x' or 'stay tuned'... just a little reassurance would go a long way in securing new miners etc etc.

Of course, gleaning much from Isawhim's insight.  The fact that this coin has attracted some 'above average' participants is refreshing to say the least.

My apologies for air.carbonshark.com having a small outage earlier. The storms took out a transformer, and the power company time to repair was greater than the four hours of run-time on my 3000VA UPS. I did not have my generator in the auto-transfer position.. Again, I apologize.
April 04, 2014, 08:44:02 PM
April 04, 2014, 08:04:06 PM
This coin has become a vacuum.

This coin has become a solo-miners haven again. Though, still better luck in a pool.

Might even be a few CPU miners in the pool I am in. Tongue (Or old nvidia cards.)

3.2MHs is returning about 150-160 AIR per day. Get it before the diff goes back up. The only way to get the value to rise is to keep that reward for everyone low. If you stopped mining it, you are just contributing to the devaluation of your holdings.

If you pool isn't paying-out everyone on every block, proportionally... (Just a few on fast blocks.) Then the pool you are in, is not setup correctly. Try mining on this pool, and you will see the rewards are better. http://air.carbonshark.com/

EG, find a short-time block, if there are 20 miners, but only 3-8 got paid on that short block, due to lack of shares... That pool is shorting you and rewarding those "lucky few". Every block should have proportional rewards of every miner within every block. Not going to point fingers, but there are a couple of pools still improperly setup for distributed rewards for fast coins like AIR.

Only a fool sells coins this low, on a coin this young. Tongue My gain.
Activity: 40
April 04, 2014, 04:57:59 PM
This coin has become a vacuum.
Activity: 995
April 04, 2014, 04:53:17 PM
Activity: 15
April 04, 2014, 12:43:01 PM
I don't mind ISAWHIM postings either; he might be poking a sleeping bear, but arguably this bear needs poking.

I think I understand why the developers are silent - they haven't demonstrated much skill in the communication department. The original whitepaper was full of suggestions and hints of new ideas and approaches to building/maintaining coin value that were enticing - at least to me, as a newbie - but had some awkward phrasing and ideas that didn't quite seem to gel, along with an alarming tendency to toss out formulas and call that communication. Or education. If the developers are, in fact, students of the 'Chicago School' it would seem they skipped a lot of their English/Comm classes. Like most economists do.

Subsequent communications got progressively worse - my eyes nearly bugged out of my head when I saw those two photos - and this isn't exactly a patient audience. If the developers are, in fact, assembling a new plan I imagine (hope?) they're thinking very hard about what they're going to say next and how they're going to say it.

Here's my communication to them: you had a theory about how to control an alt-currency market. It didn't work, which often happens when expectations meet reality. The reason there's something called the 'Chicago School' is that there's different schools of thought on economics, free markets, etc. Everybody knows this stuff isn't black and white. And even if you have a great idea, well, sometimes the oncoming truck swerves into your lane. Now, in the face of adversity, is when you show us what you're really made of. And if you're not up to it, that's okay too: DESTROY THE PREMINE and hand over the controls.

Here's a formula: developer + community = price. In the absence of a developer, the formula is even simpler.

Context: I hold ~2400 aircoins, mostly mined. I'm still mining. And I've got a crazy idea: let's not sell it cheap.
Activity: 70
April 04, 2014, 10:33:03 AM
I enjoy ISAWHIM's response most of the time.  He seems pretty calm to me.

He is identifying the potential issues of Aircoin and as such, the AirTeam can take that into account if they ever decide to pop back in.

I don't really mind that they failed their investment algorithm, that's just... real life and the risk of trying something different, it happens. But what really irks me is the lack of communication. I tried to keep things positive here and encourage the Devs to communicate on the forum, but that seemed slightly fruitless.

The truth is, I don't really want to spend too much energy on Aircoin anymore since if the community's effort do succeed in reviving the coin, the benefactor is the team who failed and abandoned us.

I truly hope that the Aircoin team can come back but the silence is rather discouraging.

Nonetheless, it is NEVER TOO LATE to try something new to jumpstart the coin AircoinTeam. Don't give up too easily.

In the meantime, I'm just going to hold.
April 04, 2014, 10:10:39 AM
Would you calm down, please? It's not funny anymore.

What isn't funny? Who is trying to be funny?

You see investors running to buy AIR?

I am buying and mining, still. ( http://air.carbonshark.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool )

Are you saying these things never crossed your mind? You don't think these things are not crossing others minds? You want the coin to turn around, then these things have to be addressed. Would you rather have waited until you were nose-deep in AIR, before any of this was addressed?

I am calm. What implied that I was not calm? I am not the one hiding, dicking around with your money. Last time I checked, I was buying your debt. I can stop buying AIR.

I can't market this in the present state. Nor can they. Give me something to market.

P.S. Every time I buy, that bot lists above, with an auto-sell, and pulls the market down further. (AIRbot?)

P.P.S. The more miners that leave, the more we make, and he makes, and the more that the other bot/person (or AIRbot) is able to cash-out. Choke him out, throw more miners at AIR. He won't be able to sell for less. (You want the value to rise, that is what you have to do. I can't be more clear about it than that.)

Want to know me... Feel free to PM me, or email me, or chat with me in person on skype, or stalk my website (way outdated), or if you want to see my humor... visit my twitter account that is also outdated, but funny to read (The better stuff is near the middle and bottom). https://twitter.com/ISAWHIM
Pages:
Jump to: