Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 28. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
March 25, 2014, 04:24:09 PM
I have to say that I was really happy when I saw the Aircoin devs plan to release their identities and corporate information and their plans for going forward. We had some heated discussions and what I really wanted was that accountability and transparency. I'd hate for that all to be thrown away.

I am really saddened to see what has happened with the market. Luckily when I went to invest way back I asked a few people to sell at .00075 and .001 no one took any of my offers. Obviously I can buy 4x that amount now for the same price. I did mine a little bit of it with one of my cards (roughly 100) which I will be holding on to.
Regardless of the current price I don't think this coin is a lost cause.

The developers have proven that they are business oriented and regardless of any miscalculations they have solid heads on their shoulders.
I just bought some Aircoin (only 500) on poloniex and will be holding it long term.
As the premine is not gone and still remains intact, this is not the end of the road.

Think of this as your chance to buy in low  Grin
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
March 25, 2014, 03:17:40 PM
When i was telling about aircoin drop,more than one week ago, most of you start to blame and invite me to stop post here, cause it's not true....aircoin will rise...bla bla bla.

NOW I'M HAPPY TO LOOK afer one week that my predictions were true.
i will hold some of my aircoin and see in future, byt till now aircon is a total failure.

And don't believe anymore in alt announcement like aircoin. Just be careful of your investment. IT'S YOUR MONEY.

Just look at that:
AIR COIN (STABLE AND RISING EXCHANGE RATE).

Today will come ou a new crypto call STANDARD COIN.

It's slogan is:
STANDARDCOIN(PERMANENTLY RISING RATE)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annstd-standardcoin-built-in-exchange-permanently-rising-rate-522874

mmmm....seems similar don't you?

And more "fantasy"
STANDARDCOIN
Value Permanently Rising Once rised, it can not drop

LLLLOOOOLLLL

Don't quote your own posts dude... not kool.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
March 25, 2014, 11:54:06 AM
When i was telling about aircoin drop,more than one week ago, most of you start to blame and invite me to stop post here, cause it's not true....aircoin will rise...bla bla bla.

i will hold some of my aircoin and see in future, byt till now aircon is a total failure.

And don't believe anymore in alt announcement like aircoin. Just be careful of your investment. IT'S YOUR MONEY.

Just look at that:

It's slogan is:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annstd-standardcoin-built-in-exchange-permanently-rising-rate-522874

And more "fantasy"
STANDARDCOIN
Value Permanently Rising Once rised, it can not drop

LLLLOOOOLLLL
Activity: 644
March 25, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

Just look at that:

It's slogan is:

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
March 25, 2014, 10:40:44 AM
So, is there any plan to change to X11 and implement DGW to at least get rid of the ASIC dumpers? A first small step in the right direction.
Activity: 284
March 25, 2014, 06:40:32 AM
Does anyone else have a problem with poloniex?

My balance is showing i have 0 coins. I have tried relogging etc, but the problem is still here.

Mine is showing all my balances, including AIRcoin.
Sorry to hear that.

yea wtf? and im not hacked or anything. Withdrawal and Deposits are correct.

Are you sure that you don't have a current sell order in on those shares? When there is a current order, they subtract that amount from your "balance" until it is canceled or executed.
Activity: 602
March 25, 2014, 06:17:54 AM

My balance is showing i have 0 coins. I have tried relogging etc, but the problem is still here.

Sorry to hear that.

yea wtf? and im not hacked or anything. Withdrawal and Deposits are correct.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 25, 2014, 06:12:42 AM

Sorry to hear that.
Activity: 602
March 25, 2014, 06:09:28 AM

Activity: 284
March 25, 2014, 05:38:47 AM
I agree with turpomann and Sprite160. No surprise, but I vehemently disagree with hughjays77. No one knows where this coin market will be 9 months from now and the coin graveyard is already getting more and more crowded.

More importantly though, there is just one thing that needs to be done and that is getting enough volume to reasonably be able to implement their plan. Look, it was naïve to think that miners were not going to dump the coin immediately -- these are miners we're talking about! As I said before this whole debacle, they should have let the greedy miners out the door before implementing any "system".

These guys are clearly bumbling idiots as a quick glance at their past "communication" posts show. However, that does not mean that they can't recover and put into place a system that works relatively efficiently. These type of algorithms or systems are not really all that difficult or new, it's just that they haven't been tried in the coin community yet (at least not specifically as a goal).

I would like to say that they have learned a lot from their mistakes and AIR will have much smoother sailing going forward. And I hope that happens as I am a coin holder (as an actual buyer, not a miner).

Unfortunately, they already seem to be taking the wrong lessons seriously. The miners beat them down at first, by whining about coin stability, by which they meant the price that they could dump their coins. Yes, the developers fell for it and attempted to "stabilize" a coin in which miners out numbered buyers by about a gazillion to one. OK, rookie mistake. They apparently believed the rhetoric of the miners that they are oh so important to coins' success when we all know they are mostly parasites.

Then they came out with a "big announcement" that was supposedly addressing everyone's concerns and ended it by asking for questions and assuring "prompt" replies. When the questions and concerns began to immediately pile up, they apparently did not like them. Thus, the only thing that they did about them "promptly" was to ignore them. Two days later, they announced the abandonment of the "big announcement" and decided that another plan entirely was in order.

Now, they have decided that this forum is too mean and they are taking their ball and going home. Any communication will now be done through one-at-a-time methods -- privately.

Does this sound like a good strategy to you? Does this sound like a team that is a winner? Yes, all of these forums have whiners, but c'mon didn't they know that? What possible good is cutting off the main area where people get their news on the coin so as to individually answer questions. If you had good news and good answers would you want to keep it private? Would you care what any criticism was? No, because you would want to reach as many people as possible. It's the people watching the coin (as I did for  quite a while, for example) but not necessarily commenting, that you are trying to reach. In other words, buyers.

Again, I want to believe as I am a coin holder. And I look forward to the next two weeks as they implement changes to see what happens. But, restricting communication to private methods only is not a sign of confidence. It's the exact opposite and I am not going to pretend otherwise just because I want to believe.  
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
March 25, 2014, 05:37:30 AM
Honestly the document you read spells it out better than I could even if I took the time to.
What part of the document? What specifically did you like?

I like how they clearly and articulately describe their perspective on crypto-coins in general and then explain how they see their coin fitting in and what they plan on doing to achieve that position.
It seems like vague waffling to me. Albeit with much enthusiasm.  Nowhere do they explain in any specific way how they see the coin "fitting in." Nowhere do they give a concrete plan, and where they have tried  to put down principles they have already abandoned some of them.
I have nothing against this approach BTW, , as it is an experiment.
Although I have not enjoyed seeing people lose money here so fast, I think that it's important to be very flexible in this space, and flexible, they are.
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
March 25, 2014, 04:20:26 AM
In time the fast money will drop off  Cool

How to address the mining/confirmation issue?

When the diff goes down the time on the blocks will be back to normal.  When they implement a new diff adjustment algorithm it will prevent us from running into this situation where the block times are long.

That part I get, and thank you. The problem that I have is that if the dev team does not do anything to improve the wallet to make this coin unique and profitable to mine, then support of miners will dwindle. Which brings me back to..we need the dev team on the wallet ASAP.

TeamAir said that the difficulty adjustment will be addressed in the next update.   I think it will be.  In my opinion the urgency is not really going to make or break the coin.  I'd rather that they take the time to make sure things are setup correctly then rush the update to please anxious miners.  Some miners probably lost interest entirely at this point and wont come back, some will come back after the update.  New miners will come too.  ASAP is always the goal but for right now patience is key.
Activity: 281
March 25, 2014, 01:54:39 AM
In time the fast money will drop off  Cool

When the diff goes down the time on the blocks will be back to normal.  When they implement a new diff adjustment algorithm it will prevent us from running into this situation where the block times are long.

That part I get, and thank you. The problem that I have is that if the dev team does not do anything to improve the wallet to make this coin unique and profitable to mine, then support of miners will dwindle. Which brings me back to..we need the dev team on the wallet ASAP.
legendary
March 25, 2014, 01:44:02 AM
In time the fast money will drop off  Cool

When the diff goes down the time on the blocks will be back to normal.  When they implement a new diff adjustment algorithm it will prevent us from running into this situation where the block times are long.
legendary
March 25, 2014, 01:42:33 AM

ya. It would seem that for some people "long term" means about two weeks and no longer.

I am pretty glad that the main communications for this coin are moving off this forum.  It has never made any sense to me why so many coins are using this as a base of operations.  No offense intended to respectable bitcointalk users.
Activity: 281
March 25, 2014, 01:41:28 AM

Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 25, 2014, 01:35:56 AM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 25, 2014, 12:52:05 AM
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
March 25, 2014, 12:50:58 AM
Its not a timeline 'until the end of the year"...its a timeline 'up to the end of the year'. I said

1) Copy and paste the said weekend post[below] and add a 'realistic' target date of completion for each stage out to December 2014

Its the rushing thats been the problem so far...look at Darkcoin. Stop worrying about other coins, most of them are just plain scams or crap. AIRcoin's only competition right now is among 4-6 coins out of over 300 coins.

We have no need to rush, most coins can barely get a good launch going and most of Alex's points are not possible right away. He should just pace the AIRcoin team with a 7-9 month schedule with a target date for each measure..week by week...month by month...maybe the wallet is 1st maybe its something else. As long as their is an outlined plan the miners and community will stay. Network hash may initially fall but not by much.

No need to worry. Steady does it. We should be at 0.001btc within a week and Im a fine with that

Alexander, I re-read your entire post made on the weekend and I think you need to stick to what you said with 1 single exception. TIME. That is your biggest enemy and I think the mental crash you guys are experiencing is the main symptom. Do what you say but give your self until the end of the year. The crypto market is moving fast but not so fast that AIRcoin will be left behind. If you do all of the below by XMas then you will be ahead of 99.9% of the alternative currencies.

The fast money people have left and I expect the price of AIR will slowly creep up. This is extremely important ie. the 'price appreciation' expectations are now realistic. What should you do:

1) Copy and paste the said weekend post[below] and add a 'realistic' target date of completion for each stage out to December 2014

2) Change your mind re the personal emails and instead provide a weekly update on AIRcoin bitcointalk thread.

THATS IT !

Aircoin's Team intelligence & abilities are without question so if you follow the above general strategy success will be assured.

Sure, it's not like coins die in the crypto world in a few months....(light sarcasm)
Your timeline of "until the end of the year" will KILL support for AIRcoin. The implementation of the wallet features will help to make this coin stand out, and should be the first item completed..sooner rather than later. Also I agree with the earlier post that communication is paramount. Without communication, interested parties will become disinterested.

You seem to be overlooking the mining community, without the miners and pools, there will be no distributed transactions for AIRcoin. No miners=no transactions=dead coin. Sure, you can trade the coin, but where will the transactions be processed? You could transfer coins from your wallet, and wait for the confirmations...and wait for the confirmations...and wait for the confirmations. You get my point I am sure.

As for the statement that AIRcoin will not get left behind, how many coins come out weekly? And since the ideas have been presented in the whitepaper, how many of those ideas that drew people to this coin could be copied before the end of the year using the ideas that AIRcoin developed? Maybe not using the same exact strategies, but, maybe with new ones that work. Waiting, in my humble opinion, is not an option. Making less frequent communications with the community, again, not a good option. By Christmas, AIRcoin, if the dev team waits that long, will be behind 99.9% of the coins that copy the idea and improve upon it.
legendary
March 25, 2014, 12:43:53 AM
Honestly the document you read spells it out better than I could even if I took the time to.
What part of the document? What specifically did you like?

I like how they clearly and articulately describe their perspective on crypto-coins in general and then explain how they see their coin fitting in and what they plan on doing to achieve that position.
Pages:
Jump to: