Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 31. (Read 137265 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 24, 2014, 11:39:35 AM
I've been mining an X11 coin to see how my rigs handle it since the AIRcoin devs talked about possibly implementing X11 into AIRcoin.

Results so far are good. 2.01Mhs for a R9280x and only using 50% of the power as scrypt and scrypt-n.

Cards are running between 50-65 degrees.

This reddit post backs up my experience as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Hirocoin/comments/215lkd/changing_landscape_for_scrypt/

X11 could be a good move for AIRcoin if they can make it work.

You can get easily 2.15-2.25 (2.3 if you have good card) per 280X with the 4.1.0

I got my setting at Darkcoin thread (obviously) as that's were the X11 originates.

2.15 - I 13, w 256, g 2, 8192 threads, clocks 1050/1500 (lowest reject rate for me)
2.25 - I 13, w 256, g 2, 8192 threads, clocks 1120/1500 (a bit more rejects)
2.3 - I 18, w 256, g 1, lookup-gap 2 8192 threads, clocks 1150/1500 (crashes sometimes, but works on strong cards)

Thanks for those settings.

Managed to get 2.06Mhs for now so an improvement already.

You can play with the core speed, I found quite a linear improvement in just core clock increase, leaving memory the same. Seems with X11 there are no more "sweet spots", relying heavily on very specific ratios, so much easier to set up.
Also try memory 1600 if your cards can handle it (seperately from other changes).

Glad to see this support for the x11. Isawhim had a bad break and seems to think that Powercolor 7970s are susceptible to problems with this. I cannot know since I don't own any, but I can say my 7790s and R9 270s run a lot cooler, use less power, and hit the speeds that they are supposed to with x11 (about 3.5 times the hashing speed). I also have no HW error like I did mining Vertcoin. It is a matter of time before people realize, I think, that X11 is GPU friendlier than Scrypt Adaptive N-factor like Vertcoin has. It is far easier on my electric bill to. Also the shit will really hit the fan when ASICs are manufactured to have expandable memory to accommodate for the adjustments in N-factor, effectively ending Vertcoins claim of ASIC resistence, or flat out ASIC "proof"ness and some Verter's claimed at the beginning of it's hype. (Disclaimer, I still like Vertcoin and it is for that very reason I am being critical of this). Removing X11 from the table is a big mistake in my opinion. People who dislike this idea seem to have exited or are not miners anyway, and are concerned that it will distract from other areas that need focus. I respectfully disagree with this notion because I think the significance of this implementation is largely undervalued at this point. Given the recent crash in prices we may just need something big like this to inject some AIR back into things.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
March 24, 2014, 11:37:48 AM
so am i the only one that made money with this one Cheesy?

I made around 0.5 BTC, all from mining and dumped immediately when Poloniex market came online, I didn't buy any.  It was tempting to purchase some when I saw the price below 0.001 but I decided not to, what a great choice that was Smiley

I guess it was people like me who probably contributed to its demise.  But anymore, dumping mined coins as soon as they're able to be traded is about the only way to make money.  There are very, very few out there anymore with enough support for long-term growth.
Activity: 602
March 24, 2014, 11:18:10 AM
so am i the only one that made money with this one Cheesy?
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
March 24, 2014, 11:14:45 AM
I read my last post back, and thought, 'Here's an opportunity, I'm going to sell my Darkcoins and buy cheap Aircoins!'. So I went to Poloniex and did just that. When I bought some more though, I had a horrible feeling, came back to this thread and read some posts again. 'Team Aircoin' is telling us that they took the controls off, while they look to expand their product here into larger markets. But investors are going to want to know about the history of Aircoin, and how it's performed. There going to come here, and see how they abandoned their 'product' while they tried to network. So I took a loss and dumped it all on the highest buy order, and doubled down on the country coins instead. It isn't going to matter what kind of instablity Spaincoin went through on the exchanges if Spanish people start to adopt it as their own digital currency. But it is going to matter what kind of record the devs have set here if they try and flog their coin anywhere else. So I'm out.. If you stay with this coin, good luck, but I don't see the value anymore.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 24, 2014, 11:07:24 AM
Another coin launched what a surprise. i wouldn't touch this coin seems like another scam.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 24, 2014, 11:02:39 AM
Lol it's like the titanic capsizing only this titanic was a canoe with polished wood.

Air coin just hindenberged. It was a fun suspensful ride. I have nothing left to add as I have been vindicated. Scollito I think the dick sucking is quite enough now. Some poor sap lost 100% of his coin value. I managed to eject with a 25 percent loss.

Take responsibility for your own fucking trades. Are you twelve years old  ?

Does directing your blame towards me somehow help you cope with your loss?

Don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose.

I was merely expressing my opinion, if you don't want to read it, then Shut the fuck up.

I'm sitting blindly behind my computer too. You think I'm happy how this turnt out ?

You sound ignorant and naïve.

Look at this stupid bastard. So because I said something negative about the coin we had both cheer led at one point, you are now turning into a rabid fan dog? Get the fuck outta here with that "TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN TRADES" nonsense.

I have every right to blame the devs for not fulfilling their promises. So does the guy who is stuck with 1000 worthless AIR coins. You saying its their fault is a very short sighted and a knee jerk response to anyone who dare blame the devs whose dicks you've been sucking from day 1. Get their cocks out of your mouth and think before writing that trite rubbish on here..

Nobody is eating up any of their shit anymore so you getting angry is useless. I was expressing my opinion that you were jerking the devs off too so why not take your advice and fuck off to wonderland where some mystical algorithm will help you multiply your money 10 fold? Utter cunt.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 24, 2014, 09:34:53 AM
Activity: 228
March 24, 2014, 09:31:37 AM
Opening exchange rates are expected at .00115 BTC/AIR, based off of current regression to the mean trends of .00002000 bitcoin-equivalent-per-kilohash-per-day, assuming a moderate difficulty (2 to 20) before entering an exchange. A higher launch difficulty will result in a higher exchange rate to return to the competitive mean.

THIS IS BULLSHIT.

OP is trying to become an instant millionaire.

Premine 0.25% from 1B coins = 2.5 Million coins * 0.00115 = 2875 BTC

Ask yourself how much it costs to set up a "investment pool that will day trade the coin (in various forms) against other cryptocurrencies".
Dont fall for this shit.

Have faith! Not all developers are after the same intention to become an instant millionaire. However, if they do become an instant millionaire along the way, good for them.

I agree. It's an investment. But I'm just saying those prices are ridiculous. Why does OP mention this in an ANN? Why can't he just build a coin, develop it and watch where it goes? It's because he's planning to cash out. Plain and simple. Look at UTC and learn. There's a difference between building a cryptocurrency and a trading asset.

Dynamic block-reward system based of exchange rates means supply will be manipulated (most proparbly decreased) to the point it reaches equilibrium. OP presents this as if no increase in demand is required to sustain price, which is exactly what a bubble is about. Prices go up based on speculation, which is no longer part of the equation since prices effect supply.

Price is a effect, not a cause.

Feel free to remind me of this post later on.

So, how is your "investmentpool" doing?
Activity: 281
March 24, 2014, 08:54:49 AM
AIR moved up to #36 on marketcap
Activity: 611
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
March 24, 2014, 08:50:15 AM
I bought early on, and spent around .25 btc just over 100 Aircoins or so. I don't really care what the price is now. I don't know how many other people are sorting these Altcoins into categories, but I am. One category might be, altcoins that are significant because of tech, so, that could be NXT and Darkcoin. Another might be, altcoins that are significant because of the community, like Dogecoin. The category this coin falls into, is an altcoin managed by business smarts, Aircoin and Maxcoin are the only altcoins I know of that qualify. I'm willing to wait and check back what the price is like a month from now, I'm not about to freak out because the asking price dropped for a few days or whatever
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 24, 2014, 08:28:49 AM
Awww. That is some painful fall... 

Too bad the experiment didn't work out the way it was anticipated.

If the marketing was better at the beginning it may have helped...

Kind of feel bad for the people who bought in early...

Well, at least the Aircoin team came clean on what didn't worked.... lesson learned for all future coin developers.

I truly hope that there is a plan B, but that was a rather discouraging post from the Devs.

Hope you are able to regroup and think for a new plan Aircoin team, it's never too late do some CPR on aircoin.
Activity: 294
March 24, 2014, 06:24:33 AM
I've been mining an X11 coin to see how my rigs handle it since the AIRcoin devs talked about possibly implementing X11 into AIRcoin.

Results so far are good. 2.01Mhs for a R9280x and only using 50% of the power as scrypt and scrypt-n.

You can get easily 2.15-2.25 (2.3 if you have good card) per 280X with the 4.1.0

I got my setting at Darkcoin thread (obviously) as that's were the X11 originates.

2.15 - I 13, w 256, g 2, 8192 threads, clocks 1050/1500 (lowest reject rate for me)
2.3 - I 18, w 256, g 1, lookup-gap 2 8192 threads, clocks 1150/1500 (crashes sometimes, but works on strong cards)

You can play with the core speed, I found quite a linear improvement in just core clock increase, leaving memory the same. Seems with X11 there are no more "sweet spots", relying heavily on very specific ratios, so much easier to set up.
Also try memory 1600 if your cards can handle it (seperately from other changes).
Activity: 297
March 24, 2014, 06:19:01 AM

Activity: 294
March 24, 2014, 05:55:18 AM

Activity: 297
March 24, 2014, 05:34:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 938
March 24, 2014, 05:24:17 AM
All very good points. I mined and invested and still hold. It has been a disappointment today to say the least. I am sorry if I over-extended myself in an attempt to distill things into a neat little package. I can see how it is unfair to say you were fear mongering. I guess it just seemed like people may have been unintentionally pouring fuel on the fire. I guess I got pretty swept up myself, so if I was compelled to do damage control than I have to accept that there are some serious problems. I only hope that this can be salvaged with encouragement to the devs to do the right thing moving forward. Whatever that may entail.
Activity: 284
March 24, 2014, 05:11:13 AM

Can you read? Who am I misquoting? I hope you don't think that the first sentence that I put in quotations is quoting either of you listed above. I know exactly who I was quoting; hughjays77 from a previous post. I didn't think I needed to connect the dots for you to understand that. This is the second time I have tried to have a discussion and when I quote two entries as I did above, why do you presume that I only must address the person in the most recent post. The two of you (slyA and yourself) have been working in tandem and I was responding to you both. Are you the post etiquette "nazi?" Despite me making it very clear that I had some concerns you again choose to ignore this fact and call me a fanboy. You have plastered the last 10 pages of this thread with your concerns and have shot down anyone trying to talk to you. It seems you just wanted to use this time to scream and throw a temper tantrum. Sadly it seems like the devs actually listened to you and decided to pull the plug. I am not saying this is an unequivocal fact, I am simply saying that the deterioration of the discussion here may have made the most resolute devs say the hell with this. You have sucked all the "AIR" out of the room and I seriously hope the devs did not decide to nix the collaborative work thinking that they were going to please you. You can now meander to another coin to post one-sided diatribes that serve to no end but to create an atmosphere of fear. If you want to be left unquestioned then maybe you should stand in a room and talk to yourself in a mirror.

Look, I don't want to fight over this debacle. If you look carefully at my posts you'll see that I was a buyer -- not a miner-- but an actual buyer. I believed (and still do) that this idea, and others similar to it can work fine.

But, you will also see from my posts that I bought my AIR coins mere hours before their "big announcement" of a couple of days ago. It was a disappointing development to say the least.

It was an amateur move in so many ways that it was difficult to count them all. Bragging about where they come from and that they were "connected" were just two examples.

Then, this "big announcement" was followed by silence despite the fact that they specifically ended it with pleas for questions  that would be addressed "promptly and plainly". As I was pointing out all of the red flags I was being denounced and even told to leave the forum by one poster. That "big announcement" is what killed this coin, not anyone's questions or concerns after it. 

Of course, I turned out to be right on all of my warnings. But even now you accuse me of creating an "atmosphere of fear" -- whatever the hell that means.

You will be happy to know that I still own my coins and did not dump immediately after the "big announcement" as I should have. Naively, I thought that they would attempt to answer some of the questions that arose from them asking for questions. So, while I didn't put a lot of money into that initial buy, I am still a bag holder like everyone else.

Finally, I said from the beginning (you can look it up) that they should have let the miners dump first before putting the program into place. Trying to stabilize a coin with few buyers is impossible no matter what "algorithm" is put in place. Miners are like parasites sucking the host dry of all nutrients. Yes, there can emerge a symbiotic relationship with the big miners "allowing" a coin to survive for a while as they manipulate it up and down for their maximum gain, but that is all a big game.

The shame of it is all of this could have been avoided. They seemed to have put a lot of thought into their plan prior to opening, but could just not stand the heat of reality once launched. I guess that they really thought that they could talk all of the miners (or enough of them) into holding their coins.

Now they are refusing any questions except privately and they sound like every other stupid coin out there with "media" talk and "wallets" and "working" toward so-called real world uses for the coin, etc., etc.

Oh well, as I am now officially a bag holder of one of the lucky miners that got out, I guess I'll just stay in and see what happens from here.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 24, 2014, 04:02:30 AM
on the plus side theres now 6btc worth of buys. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1190
March 24, 2014, 03:53:33 AM
Since we have invested heavily in hiring traders and equipment to maintain the exchange rate,
Just what does "heavily invested" mean?
They hired traders?  Have they now been fired?

wow great exchange rate Cheesy Wake up to see that i bought 1k air at .0002. LOL
Yep...I bought about the same amount, just above. Then sold most as the price shot up to 5 times that. But this time I don't feel so good, after seeing what has gone on with this coin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 512
March 24, 2014, 03:50:51 AM
Definitely seemed like a pipe dream i.e. it was.
Pages:
Jump to: