Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin - page 30. (Read 137265 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
March 24, 2014, 05:36:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but on blocks 1 & 5 - the full 500k have been moved.  Which doesn't necessarily mean they were sold... plus I don't think I've seen the volume at Poloniex to support that even 1 lot of the 500k had been moved sold.  So this is indeed a good sign.

We respect your individual privacy, however, if you wish to restore more of a backing behind this coin's concept I propose the following:
A great way to prove there was no ill-intentions would be to post your wallet address showing the premine coins in tact for all to see.

Choosing to ignore or not give this proof will serve as a potent answer to those of us who invested heavily.  

Plain and simple.

Blocks 1 to 5.

http://teamaircoin.org/explorer/

Looks to be pretty much intact.

I agree. Seems to be a few trading accounts emptied but hardly adds up to a get rich quick amount. Only caveat being that
maybe the whole "scheme" was not as sucessfull as anticipated to begin with.
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
March 24, 2014, 05:23:39 PM
Guys, if you look through the explorer you will see the AIRCoins are all intact.
Across 6 address I see 2.49+ million ....
Activity: 6
March 24, 2014, 05:17:25 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but on blocks 1 & 5 - the full 500k have been moved.  Which doesn't necessarily mean they were sold... plus I don't think I've seen the volume at Poloniex to support that even 1 lot of the 500k had been moved sold.  So this is indeed a good sign.

We respect your individual privacy, however, if you wish to restore more of a backing behind this coin's concept I propose the following:
A great way to prove there was no ill-intentions would be to post your wallet address showing the premine coins in tact for all to see.

Choosing to ignore or not give this proof will serve as a potent answer to those of us who invested heavily.  

Plain and simple.

Blocks 1 to 5.

Looks to be pretty much intact.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
March 24, 2014, 05:10:42 PM
We have as of, 12 hours ago, the last form of market support was concluded, and it is now a completely free market just like any other cryptocoin with no direct involvement from our system. The price currently is almost entirely dictated by the prices that miners are able to sell at to sustain their profit currently.
Sonofa...
So you just used your "system" as a tool to dump your premine in the most profitable way possible and now are bailing?
Holy shit...
Activity: 154
March 24, 2014, 05:10:09 PM
I support Aircoin community and development too. I have over 1000 coins and I plan to get more. TeamAircoin, you have the ball now.  Smiley
Activity: 40
March 24, 2014, 05:08:49 PM

Plain and simple.

Blocks 1 to 5.

Looks to be pretty much intact, most activity on block 5.
Activity: 6
March 24, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

Activity: 174
March 24, 2014, 04:39:44 PM

I know that this is an experiment. It may work or it may not. But at least communicate with us regularly since there are now money involves from the early investors.  I'm still a believer in the plan. You may get a lot of hate from others, but I just want you to know you have at least one supporter.

Hello weekly meeting group, my name is Tom... and I too am a I.S.A.
Fell off the wagon but am back, I. Support. AirCoin.
Actually hope to buy more.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 24, 2014, 04:22:45 PM
I just tried mining X-11 coins and I have to say it is pretty amazing in terms of hash rate, heat and power consumption.

If aircoin really adopts X-11 in a timely fashion it would be pretty awesome.

Btw, since Devs are currently busy restructuring, doesn't mean we can't do anything.

There is still value in the coin, but if we keep being overtly pessimistic or antagonistic here, it is just going to drive it lower.

We should brain storm and help the Devs out or else they are really going to be sick of this coin and abandon it.

Not that negative comments are unwarranted (I also disappointed with how things are currently and sympathize with the early investors), but since we have our foot in, we might as well help out a little bit and create a good community.

Here are my suggestions::::

1.  It will be nice if the AirCoinTeam can check in with us every few days. We may still antagonize you but your presence on the forum can give some slight comfort that The aircoin team is still up to something.

2. please continue with the wallet development. If you can truly switch the coin to X-11 and DGW, the community can probably sustain itself in the long run.

3. Setup contest with the premine for marketing (IE. who can tweet the most or whatever).  No one knows the coin except us. Now that we've been burned we all have to salvage it as a community if we believe that you, Aircoin team, has a new plan.

4. IF you really REALLY think your investment plan doesn't work, come out straight. Don't give us false/lingering hope that Aircoin is alive. But before you leave, at least make the technical changes to the coin so that it is not a scrypt clone.

I know that this is an experiment. It may work or it may not. But at least communicate with us regularly since there are now money involves from the early investors.  I'm still a believer of the plan. You may get a lot of hate from others, but I just want you to know you have at least one supporter.
Activity: 821
March 24, 2014, 02:54:31 PM

I'm holding almost 400 aircoins since the begining. I had the opportunity to made made almost 1 BTC of profit and now the value of this coins is less than 0.1 btc..
I will not selling them. I hope the devs make something with this coin... They lie to all the people that believe in this coin...

I am holding a bit more than you, and I am going to try to stick it out to the end. Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.

I am holding considerably a lot more and plan to keep them, i'll even be buying them as people sell them. Whilst things may not have worked out as planned the overall concept is sound and I am looking forward to seeing what is in store.

Rome was not built in a day and perfection is the success of learning.

Watch this space.
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
March 24, 2014, 02:52:22 PM

I'm holding almost 400 aircoins since the begining. I had the opportunity to made made almost 1 BTC of profit and now the value of this coins is less than 0.1 btc..
I will not selling them. I hope the devs make something with this coin... They lie to all the people that believe in this coin...

I am holding a bit more than you, and I am going to try to stick it out to the end. Who knows, maybe we will get lucky.

I'm hoping that TeamAIRcoin recovers from this bloody nose and comes back fighting with a new plan.

Hard to believe that after all the hype surrounding this launch the University of Chicago boys are going to give up this easily.

Looking forward to some word from the Devs soon. Smiley
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
March 24, 2014, 02:47:36 PM

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
March 24, 2014, 01:23:03 PM
We have as of, 12 hours ago, the last form of market support was concluded, and it is now a completely free market just like any other cryptocoin with no direct involvement from our system. The price currently is almost entirely dictated by the prices that miners are able to sell at to sustain their profit currently.

Alright.

This is the exact opposite of what you promised before (religious people call that a "lie")
- or at least you were communicating to terribly bad that you could only be misunderstood.

I bought because I believed you that you were to create a coin that provides price stability.
You have changed your coins concept. That is fine for me.

Please be so kind now, and let me get out of your failed little university experiment.

I can do without the promised profit, it's a pity that I believed your promises, but that's what your genre is about...

... but I cannot live with loss of 87% of my investment.

I PM you now.

LOL? So now that the coin is almost completely dead, the devs are saying THIS!? I was supporting this coin but i just can't believe this. I was very interested to see what would happen when this coin would drop super low and guess what? The dev's pull their 'support' aka the devs declare it dead. I can't believe this. I feel bad for everyone here that lost shitloads of money. I'm going to dump whatever coins i have left and don't look back.

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
March 24, 2014, 01:08:56 PM

Alright.

This is the exact opposite of what you promised before (religious people call that a "lie")
- or at least you were communicating to terribly bad that you could only be misunderstood.

I bought because I believed you that you were to create a coin that provides price stability.

Please be so kind now, and let me get out of your failed little university experiment.

I can do without the promised profit, it's a pity that I believed your promises, but that's what your genre is about...

I PM you now.

LOL? So now that the coin is almost completely dead, the devs are saying THIS!? I was supporting this coin but i just can't believe this. I was very interested to see what would happen when this coin would drop super low and guess what? The dev's pull their 'support' aka the devs declare it dead. I can't believe this. I feel bad for everyone here that lost shitloads of money. I'm going to dump whatever coins i have left and don't look back.
Activity: 826
see my profile
March 24, 2014, 12:56:37 PM

Alright.

I PM you now.
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast
March 24, 2014, 12:08:04 PM
I read my last post back, and thought, 'Here's an opportunity, I'm going to sell my Darkcoins and buy cheap Aircoins!'. So I went to Poloniex and did just that. When I bought some more though, I had a horrible feeling, came back to this thread and read some posts again. 'Team Aircoin' is telling us that they took the controls off, while they look to expand their product here into larger markets. But investors are going to want to know about the history of Aircoin, and how it's performed. There going to come here, and see how they abandoned their 'product' while they tried to network. So I took a loss and dumped it all on the highest buy order, and doubled down on the country coins instead. It isn't going to matter what kind of instablity Spaincoin went through on the exchanges if Spanish people start to adopt it as their own digital currency. But it is going to matter what kind of record the devs have set here if they try and flog their coin anywhere else. So I'm out.. If you stay with this coin, good luck, but I don't see the value anymore.

My oh my... swapping Darkcoins for Aircoins... and now going into country coins Smiley

You Sir need to revisit your investment strategy Wink you're doing the exact opposite of what you should be doing.

Crap coins are good for a quick gain only, even better to stay away altogether.

so am i the only one that made money with this one Cheesy?

Nope Smiley I made a lot and I know few others.

I'll tell you my strategy if you like. One of the few things that can grow an altcoin market is a successful airdrop for Auroracoin. This will bring more people to cryptos, it is still a tiny market and people are scared away with all the talk of scams and hackers. If people start trading and using it with confidence in Iceland, then more and more Iceland Kronas will turn into cryptos, and people will want to use Spaincoin in Spain and Aphroditecoin in Cyprus. The only other thing that can grow an altcoin market is a serious problem that occurs with bitcoin, and people dumping it for an alternative like Litecoin.
Activity: 294
March 24, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

Glad to see this support for the x11. Isawhim had a bad break and seems to think that Powercolor 7970s are susceptible to problems with this. I cannot know since I don't own any, but I can say my 7790s and R9 270s run a lot cooler, use less power, and hit the speeds that they are supposed to with x11 (about 3.5 times the hashing speed). I also have no HW error like I did mining Vertcoin. It is a matter of time before people realize, I think, that X11 is GPU friendlier than Scrypt Adaptive N-factor like Vertcoin has. It is far easier on my electric bill to. Also the shit will really hit the fan when ASICs are manufactured to have expandable memory to accommodate for the adjustments in N-factor, effectively ending Vertcoins claim of ASIC resistence, or flat out ASIC "proof"ness and some Verter's claimed at the beginning of it's hype. (Disclaimer, I still like Vertcoin and it is for that very reason I am being critical of this). Removing X11 from the table is a big mistake in my opinion. People who dislike this idea seem to have exited or are not miners anyway, and are concerned that it will distract from other areas that need focus. I respectfully disagree with this notion because I think the significance of this implementation is largely undervalued at this point. Given the recent crash in prices we may just need something big like this to inject some AIR back into things.

Isawhim had just bad luck, X11 is stressing GPU/memory much less than scrypt.
I have several 7970s and a lot 280Xs, they've been doing nothing but run cooler and using less power on X11.

Agree with what you've noticed, X11 is a clear future for quite a time.

There is several more things at Darkcoin which is future too, sooner or later people will notice.
It all comes down to one thing really. Smart developers innovate, copycats - well just copy. I know where to put my money.
Activity: 59
March 24, 2014, 12:02:21 PM

I made around 0.5 BTC, all from mining and dumped immediately when Poloniex market came online, I didn't buy any.  It was tempting to purchase some when I saw the price below 0.001 but I decided not to, what a great choice that was Smiley

I guess it was people like me who probably contributed to its demise.  But anymore, dumping mined coins as soon as they're able to be traded is about the only way to make money.  There are very, very few out there anymore with enough support for long-term growth.

I actually did quite well on this coin using this exact strategy. I was able to sell off on the first and second day and have not looked back.
Activity: 294
March 24, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
I read my last post back, and thought, 'Here's an opportunity, I'm going to sell my Darkcoins and buy cheap Aircoins!'. So I went to Poloniex and did just that. When I bought some more though, I had a horrible feeling, came back to this thread and read some posts again. 'Team Aircoin' is telling us that they took the controls off, while they look to expand their product here into larger markets. But investors are going to want to know about the history of Aircoin, and how it's performed. There going to come here, and see how they abandoned their 'product' while they tried to network. So I took a loss and dumped it all on the highest buy order, and doubled down on the country coins instead. It isn't going to matter what kind of instablity Spaincoin went through on the exchanges if Spanish people start to adopt it as their own digital currency. But it is going to matter what kind of record the devs have set here if they try and flog their coin anywhere else. So I'm out.. If you stay with this coin, good luck, but I don't see the value anymore.

My oh my... swapping Darkcoins for Aircoins... and now going into country coins Smiley

You Sir need to revisit your investment strategy Wink you're doing the exact opposite of what you should be doing.

Crap coins are good for a quick gain only, even better to stay away altogether.

Nope Smiley I made a lot and I know few others.
legendary
Activity: 938
March 24, 2014, 11:57:19 AM

I made around 0.5 BTC, all from mining and dumped immediately when Poloniex market came online, I didn't buy any.  It was tempting to purchase some when I saw the price below 0.001 but I decided not to, what a great choice that was Smiley

I guess it was people like me who probably contributed to its demise.  But anymore, dumping mined coins as soon as they're able to be traded is about the only way to make money.  There are very, very few out there anymore with enough support for long-term growth.

The psychology of mining and trading is very interesting. I see that many miners know that they are hurting a coin by dumping right away, but find it is the safest way to make a profit. This is under the premise that other miners will think exactly the same way. Mortimer, I don't think in this case that you alone made any significant contribution to the coins demise. This was after all suppose to be resistant against that sort of thing. Now the group mentality that seems hard to avoid did probably contribute a lot. This seems like a lesson in psychology for the devs. They laid out a plan (that they admit was flawed) that would have gone much better if the miners collectively behaved in the interest of making more money in the long run. Someone pointed out that they should have allowed the dumping first before making any implementation of a trading engine. In retrospect, yes that would have been a good idea. I should probably know better but I am hoping that this is what is occurring right now.The shaking of the weak (or sensible depending on how you see it) hands and dumpers. But I realize it is likely not. I have entered full on gambling territory of the speculative scale at this point.
Pages:
Jump to: