Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] AMERICAN COIN - AMC - Now About To Start - pool available already.. - page 23. (Read 75529 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Obviously the correct way to do a fair start is have difficulty start at .25 and have the coin creator do the work, *one block*,  to mine the genesis block

Asking miners to "donate" their hash to mine 6,000 blocks at high difficulty was a bit ridiculous particularly with a 650k coin premine

Im not disappointing in the pre mine as much as I am in seeing people sit out. The only thing they wanted to do was jump on when the rewards kicked in to rack up the rewards leaving us turtles who did all the hashing with nothing. If the difficulty would have stayed low this would not have been a problem....

This is a good lesson on WHAT not to do. the concept to have empty blocks is okay....but needs more added to it.
Activity: 1394
Merit: 505
Obviously the correct way to do a fair start is have difficulty start at .25 and have the coin creator do the work, *one block*,  to mine the genesis block

Asking miners to "donate" their hash to mine 6,000 blocks at high difficulty was a bit ridiculous particularly with a 650k coin premine
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Diff wil retarget in ~800 blocks. ~2700 left till rewadred blocks.
this coin will fail before it even starts rewarding, the blocks have slowed down so much since miners stopped mining it

Yep. I know I did. I had a feeling that people with decent hash were just sitting out which was confirmed later on... I saw no reason to waste my hash power doing the empty blocks so when it did finish everyone else gets the reward.

This shows another flaw. I am sure it has been talked about recently about having something that will auto adjust the difficulty if blocks are not found in a target time frame. I am sure you understand why that would be a great thing
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
this coin will fail before it even starts rewarding, the blocks have slowed down so much since miners stopped mining it
so in how much time will this start to pay coins, is there a blockchain?

many hours or days even because the delay in it being worthwhile will make peeps lose interest till you can actually get something - I went back to bitcoins except for mining thru the client

LOL they took down the counter on the site.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

many hours or days even because the delay in it being worthwhile will make peeps lose interest till you can actually get something - I went back to bitcoins except for mining thru the client
Activity: 636
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
wow glad i didn't wait in yesterday for this one. What is the diff and what is the expected time frame for this to generate coins now?
Code:
"blocks" : 11157,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.25000000,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 11849275,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false

so its only at 11mh and it is on diff 0.25 already? hmm that seems quite steep, ok well that's going to take quite some time, went down from 7k to 4k quite fast but is crawling now.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
wow glad i didn't wait in yesterday for this one. What is the diff and what is the expected time frame for this to generate coins now?

Sometime early next year at this rate.
Code:
"blocks" : 11157,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.25000000,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 11849275,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
AmericanCoin is both North and South America.

UScoin is the United States coin, but the United States of what?

The third coin to come out:

USAcoin
C'mon guys, 2963 blocks left Cheesy
Activity: 714
Activity: 1394
Merit: 505
Shutting down the pool for now no point to keep it up and running for days when rewards, and miner interest, are 0
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
I did a small program on Qt so u can start mining after X block... if it is not usefull for this coin, can be usefull for a future one.

Very simple... for nerds, i didnt try much. It is compiled for windows and include code. (i did in some mins, so dont expect much)

Should work on linux and mac too....

Feel free to donate what ever (dont do it Tongue i wouldnt for this shit)

AmericanCoin AgYEst6qj8EUWXdXRT7j42GTtPHgY65CT2
Litecoin LhiXAHU8pCoPXTaTQDdTosFcamLoPwz5UP

http://www.2shared.com/file/kpoNME5O/mineontime.html

PD: do a try before use it proper... i didnt try, it should work fine but i didnt even try if it is lunching the miner only ones Tongue So if i kill your Graphic card, i dont take any responsibility. (or burn your house, kill your dog, etc..)

This is exactly what I thought would happen. People are just sitting waiting.

Fuck you Im out. Going to waste my hash power on another pointless coin.
I lol'd.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100

Dont get angry with me, i am just trying to kill yet another scam coin.

I did a small program on Qt so u can start mining after X block... if it is not usefull for this coin, can be usefull for a future one.

Very simple... for nerds, i didnt try much. It is compiled for windows and include code. (i did in some mins, so dont expect much)

Should work on linux and mac too....

Feel free to donate what ever (dont do it Tongue i wouldnt for this shit)

AmericanCoin AgYEst6qj8EUWXdXRT7j42GTtPHgY65CT2
Litecoin LhiXAHU8pCoPXTaTQDdTosFcamLoPwz5UP

http://www.2shared.com/file/kpoNME5O/mineontime.html

PD: do a try before use it proper... i didnt try, it should work fine but i didnt even try if it is lunching the miner only ones Tongue So if i kill your Graphic card, i dont take any responsibility. (or burn your house, kill your dog, etc..)

Pages:
Jump to: