Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution - page 53. (Read 71563 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 5
How do you manage dropping hashrates? I plan to run my Spot Instances for up to a week at a time and after about 12 hours, my hashrate dropped from an average of 135-160 to 99. I checked my instances and one of them has dropped from 100% CPU to 0%, is this normal? This has happened to two of my fleets, where one instance just drops in CPU usage.

This seems to be a resource issue with AWS, there is no real way around it unless you monitor all instances using multiple ssh connections, for example with Windows you can use MTPuTTY or with Linux you can use Pac

I have managed to receive a limit increase from 5 to 25 for m5.large, when do you suggest I request more and how much is a good amount to request without going overboard?

I would give it a week before you apply for more and see how it goes

Is there a larger server, similar to m5.large that produces efficient hash rates for the cost? I'd love to increase my hash rate for a similar cost (i.e instead of $0.0163 per hour for m5.large, is there a server that costs double the price that offers double the hashrate?)

Value for money wise, the m5.large is really the best at the moment, and seeing as Ohio is currently the cheapest region, you should really try and increase your limits there for the moment. Prices do fluctuate and it is an idea to keep any eye on them, as sometimes the time of day can make a difference.

I appreciate the response brother. If I terminate a Spot Instance through the Instances page (where it lists my 25 individual instances), will it redeploy, since I set it on Request & Maintain? If so, is that an alternative solution for the instances that drop in CPU usage?

It should do, yes. But sometimes you only need to do a sudo reboot on the ssh client to get it back up to speed again
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
How do you manage dropping hashrates? I plan to run my Spot Instances for up to a week at a time and after about 12 hours, my hashrate dropped from an average of 135-160 to 99. I checked my instances and one of them has dropped from 100% CPU to 0%, is this normal? This has happened to two of my fleets, where one instance just drops in CPU usage.

This seems to be a resource issue with AWS, there is no real way around it unless you monitor all instances using multiple ssh connections, for example with Windows you can use MTPuTTY or with Linux you can use Pac

I have managed to receive a limit increase from 5 to 25 for m5.large, when do you suggest I request more and how much is a good amount to request without going overboard?

Is there a larger server, similar to m5.large that produces efficient hash rates for the cost? I'd love to increase my hash rate for a similar cost (i.e instead of $0.0163 per hour for m5.large, is there a server that costs double the price that offers double the hashrate?)

Value for money wise, the m5.large is really the best at the moment, and seeing as Ohio is currently the cheapest region, you should really try and increase your limits there for the moment. Prices do fluctuate and it is an idea to keep any eye on them, as sometimes the time of day can make a difference.

I appreciate the response brother. If I terminate a Spot Instance through the Instances page (where it lists my 25 individual instances), will it redeploy, since I set it on Request & Maintain? If so, is that an alternative solution for the instances that drop in CPU usage?

Activity: 168
Amazon AWS Mining Guide

Hey overlode, thanks for this guide first of all. I just have a few questions to ask if you don't mind:

- How do you manage dropping hashrates? I plan to run my Spot Instances for up to a week at a time and after about 12 hours, my hashrate dropped from an average of 135-160 to 99. I checked my instances and one of them has dropped from 100% CPU to 0%, is this normal? This has happened to two of my fleets, where one instance just drops in CPU usage.

- I have managed to receive a limit increase from 5 to 25 for m5.large, when do you suggest I request more and how much is a good amount to request without going overboard?

- Is there a larger server, similar to m5.large that produces efficient hash rates for the cost? I'd love to increase my hash rate for a similar cost (i.e instead of $0.0163 per hour for m5.large, is there a server that costs double the price that offers double the hashrate?)

Thanks brode.
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
Is there already an exchange for this coin? I've been wanting this coin to hit an exchange for a while so I can grab some but not sure if it's listed in one already.
Here you go: https://octaex.com/trade/index/market/aro_btc
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
Is there already an exchange for this coin? I've been wanting this coin to hit an exchange for a while so I can grab some but not sure if it's listed in one already.
What's the circulating amount and total supply of ARO?

As per the ANN total supply is -

Total coin supply: 545.399.000

and live tracking for current supply can be viewed here -

https://www.livecoinwatch.com/price/Arionum-ARO
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
What's the circulating amount and total supply of ARO?
a friend informed me about this. really interesting

is it going to remain CPU only?? cause i read above that a GPU miner is out already...

Yes, it has and always will be CPU mined, a GPU miner for Linux was developed but was not part of the official ARO project.

still if someone is able to create a GPU miner with good results might be unfair. the same thing is happening to Riecoin and results to 51% network attack. We don't actually know if there is a GPU miner developed but its the only way to explain these attacks.

anyway i'll begin mining this with 1-2 machines and see how it goes.

Well luckily if anyone does develop a miner that deals with the argon2 algorithm successfully, it is very easy to implement a fork that would render it almost useless, very similar to what happened last time.

The community was asked as a whole whether GPU mining would be wanted, and it was unanimous that it was not wanted. The dev team did not however simply stop people mining with GPU, they adapted the algorithm so that GPU mining became almost zero cost effective.
Activity: 670
Merit: 130

is it going to remain CPU only?? cause i read above that a GPU miner is out already...

Yes, it has and always will be CPU mined, a GPU miner for Linux was developed but was not part of the official ARO project.

still if someone is able to create a GPU miner with good results might be unfair. the same thing is happening to Riecoin and results to 51% network attack. We don't actually know if there is a GPU miner developed but its the only way to explain these attacks.

anyway i'll begin mining this with 1-2 machines and see how it goes.

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

Activity: 312
Merit: 10
What is the most efficient cpu to mine this coin? I'm assuming ryzen

I don't think so.

My laptop i7 7500U (2 cores) gives ~10 H/s, while my Ryzen 1700 (8 cores) does ~17 H/s...

so what the best processor for this algo? i have ryzen 1700x
Whats the most efficient miner currently? (If you say it depends on the CPU type, I have i7s on Mac cylinders)

I know there was a cpp miner released a while back - is that still around? Im currently using Dan's Java miner, wondering if I could do better.
Dans Java and Cppminer did the same for me on i5-7500

I don't think so.

My laptop i7 7500U (2 cores) gives ~10 H/s, while my Ryzen 1700 (8 cores) does ~17 H/s...
I'd say Intel with high per core calculating power. Basically whatever is good for gaming. My i5-7500 does about the same as a Ryzen 1700 (both using 75% of cores, 3 vs 12).
Don't expect a lot of return at the moment, you probably need a botnet to make money.
Activity: 11
Whats the most efficient miner currently? (If you say it depends on the CPU type, I have i7s on Mac cylinders)

I know there was a cpp miner released a while back - is that still around? Im currently using Dan's Java miner, wondering if I could do better.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13

I don't think so.

Activity: 154
Activity: 404
Merit: 10
This coin CPU-mined only?
GPU-miner not exist?

There is a Linux GPU miner, but even if you get it running you will only get around 25 h/s from a 1080ti

Even so, almost 50% more than my 8-core Ryzen CPU...
At the same time, the price of 1080ti is more expensive than Ryzen. I think 1080ti works better on other algorithms.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13
This coin CPU-mined only?
GPU-miner not exist?

There is a Linux GPU miner, but even if you get it running you will only get around 25 h/s from a 1080ti

Even so, almost 50% more than my 8-core Ryzen CPU...
Pages:
Jump to: