Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ART] Maecenas: First ever fine artwork to be auctioned on the blockchain! - page 14. (Read 12279 times)

copper member
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Hi, I have one question: how the Maecenas trade platform will work?

Hello Captain Jack. Let me give an example:

Let’s say there’s only 100 shares available.

A bids to buy 10 shares at $200 each. B bids to buy 150 shares at $50 each.

The Dutch auction algorithm will find the best price per share. There’s many algorithms, but the simplest one is to pick the lowest price that sells all the shares.

In our example that price is $50. So A gets 10 shares at $50. B gets 90 shares at $50 each. A tried to pump up the price but failed. However, since A’s bid was higher than B’s, A is first in line to be allocated the shares.

Now, say if instead, A had bid $11 for 100 shares and B had bid $10 for 100 shares. Even though the winning price is $10, it is A who will get all the shares. So there’s an incentive to bid higher to get priority in the line. But at the same time you’ll still be awarded a fair price.

You can also check online for more examples on how dutch auctions work.
copper member
Well, this thing looks very suitable for my investment strategy. But I have some questions

Hey Beahelm, fire it away if you have any questions. You can also join our growing telegram community
https://t.me/maecenasart
copper member
If someone were to tokenize the shares of a piece of art (Lets say an Andy Warhol painting).  Who has physical possession of that piece of art?  Who is in charge of taking care of it?  Does Maecenas take possession of the piece?  What happens if that piece of art is stolen or damaged?

It’ll be stored in freeport (Refer: http://lexicon.ft.com/Term?term=freeport). Warhol won’t leave the freeport straight away but it is on its way to achieve freedom. Freeports have a very tight security so public viewing won't be possible, only for investors and guests of investors. However, the artworks could be leased out to museums for public viewing, for a fee, which will then be paid as dividend to investors.
copper member
Hi guys! How many shares exist for the artwork? How many tokens are capped?

Hello ecka, One million in total represents 100% of the artwork. So cap would be at 490K shares as max 49% shares can be sold.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
Well, this thing looks very suitable for my investment strategy. But I have some questions
I think it is a right place to ask
I just want toknow what is the major difference from usual auction if I wanna to buy, for example, the whole painting?
you're really gonna buy whole painting?
Like I said - just asking. Not Warhol, but maybe I want something else.
seems too overconfident, but yes, i think, you can just buy all shares. if you need, of course
Activity: 213
I just want toknow what is the major difference from usual auction if I wanna to buy, for example, the whole painting?
Like I said - just asking. Not Warhol, but maybe I want something else.
Activity: 214
Hi, I have one question: how the Maecenas trade platform will work?
Activity: 9
 Is the ART used for the smart contracts returned as fees to Maecenas?
Activity: 199
Any chance project team is making some sort of  interview with team members to boost an investor confidence and to share their vision of maecenas goals?
Activity: 146
Activity: 6
If someone were to tokenize the shares of a piece of art (Lets say an Andy Warhol painting).  Who has physical possession of that piece of art?  Who is in charge of taking care of it?  Does Maecenas take possession of the piece?  What happens if that piece of art is stolen or damaged?
Activity: 207
Activity: 3
 Hi guys! How many shares exist for the artwork? How many tokens are capped?
copper member
This project is quite new, what is the plan in the future?

ICO done last year around october. They just had their first fine artwork auctioned in blockchain. They still have a pipeline of artworks worth circa ~$100m which qualify for the platform to be auctioned in the future
Activity: 31
This project is quite new, what is the plan in the future?
copper member
Fine arts, huh? I'm excited for this project and I'm definitely going to support it, y'know? With no art there would be point in anything, y'know what I'm saying? We have to show that there's interest in blockchain from the art community, it's gonna be beneficial for the both, alright?

Thank you Zella. Yes you have a point. The better the interest the better the community
copper member
Can I use Maecenas platform to get full info about art pieces on sale?

Hello ComSilver, yes you can use the platform. But you have to be KYCd approved inorder to access full details on art pieces on sale
copper member
It is a bit unexpected to find such a project. Trade, crypto, art and blockchain in one shaker. Hope that your platform will be successful, I see all the background to this

Thank you Buzalas. Come join us on our growing telegram community
https://t.me/maecenasart
Pages:
Jump to: