Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [ART] Maecenas: First ever fine artwork to be auctioned on the blockchain! - page 10. (Read 12279 times)

Activity: 144
Merit: 0
I wonder - why they pick up Warhol for the first trade?
It is classics between contemporary. and the last one is on the top of the wave
Fair enough. But there is still Pollock, maybe Rothko?
Activity: 216
Merit: 10
It is classics between contemporary. and the last one is on the top of the wave
Activity: 38
It looks very interesting but you have to list on exchanges as soon as posible. Anyway, I will follow this thread and Discord channel as well. Btw, do you have a twitter account, guys?
Activity: 208
Activity: 149
I like the concept of ‘decentralized gallery’ - you can earn on art and own a piece of masterpiece.
Activity: 201
Maecenas is the first step to whole new art market. It is first and largest decentralize art gallery in the world, not bad start, how do you think?
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
It would be nice to widen art collection with good old Andy. And no needs to worry about my funds Cheesy
Are you going to invest?
Yeah, sure. I always check new possibilities. Art seems very far reaching field
And no doubts?
Well, I can see you have some. But for me everything is clear enough - the mechanism is explained, blockchain provides security so devs have all my trust credit
I’m not good with technologies and a bit old fashioned may be. But for me it is nonsense - how a bunch of investors can have one painting Roll Eyes
This is one of the best things that capitalism and tech can provide. If you wanted this Warhol for your ego - well, such project is not your shot. But if you wanted a good investment, you need to look closer.
So this is not about art, it is about funds?  

No auction is fully about art, it is a myth, sorry to disappoint. Galleries is about art, but trading is always about funds. But here you can see both.  

Thats what I like about crypto, wide range of use cases and each one is copypasted from existing implementation of the same thing, maybe briefly altered to make it seem authentic. Though trading art remotely can now offload the fees u pay to auction houses for maintenance and evaluation of pieces submitted to them, offload the fees to personal stash of the coin team.
Activity: 228
I think that such a trade is a checkpoint in art history cause now it reaches a new era Grin
Activity: 64
Merit: 4
Cool project.. will you be storing data on the client side or on the server side?
Activity: 162
Just interested where are you guys based?
Activity: 218
It deserves a lot of respect - that team decides to work fully publicly with decentralised blockchain and help customers find each other.
Activity: 220
Who will be able to control access to customers private data?
Activity: 238
I am so glad that blockchain technology comes into our lives in so many ways - now you can even invest in art or trade it
copper member
Activity: 54
And why is this platform better than Sotheby's ? Roll Eyes

They are likely to become partners and build good relationships with them. They are mostly creating a new market to cater for players who are underserved. The traditional collectors who want to physically own artworks will continue to use the existing service providers that they have today because Maecenas can’t help them in that regard.
copper member
Why exactly Warhol? Why not something more classics?

we have a pipeline of artworks worth circa ~$100m which qualify for the platform.
copper member
Hello
Can you briefly describe all possibilities that your platform provides?

Check out their FAQ Medium Blogpost
https://medium.com/maecenas/maecenas-faq-6bec8ae49997
copper member
Do I understand correctly that I can earn money if I decide to buy a share in Warhol painting?

yes correct.
Activity: 10
Good day! What is the difference with the Public launch - Q4 and 2019 art exchange launch?
Activity: 148
I think that Maecenas platform that involves blockchain and crypto is a fantastic innovation for the modern art market
Activity: 233
This project is legit for sure. The team has been doing business for years and the performance is well. All I am concerned is how much fund it can raise…
Pages:
Jump to: