Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ATOMIC: in SuperNET CORE - single blockchain for trading all coins&assets - page 5. (Read 58331 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Awesome stuff and kinda way faster then i though Wink

Cant wait for the starting of the alpha testing
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
Hello everyone i'm ready to start testing ,
for android i can test almost any app
on one hundred phone and android sistem
 Grin
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hey everyone and a good morning to you all! I'm just a little late to the introduction party so don't hate on me too much.

I'm one of the 2 devs working on the mobile app of Atomic. I'm a computer science major and love everything about it.
CryptAxe approached me with this idea of his and I jumped on board immediately, this surly is the future of inter-coin trading/spending.
This however is not the first project I've had the pleasure of working with CryptAxe, on during late 2013 we ran a cryptomining operation
right before scrypt for ASICs happened. We are a dedicated group teaming with energy ready to produce a product to the best of our
abilities, just don't expect the mobile app to be the prettiest, we are focusing on utility first  Wink.

We chose the name Covalent for the app because we feel that Atomic is very much like a covalent bond, electrons being shared
between to atoms or currencies being tradable between 2 block chains with seamless automation, another reason we chose this
name in particular is how the app will work by pairing itself to your client at home or to the blockchains network. We are shooting
for a minimalist design we would rather have function over form.

That intro aside I'm posting here today to not only introduce myself but get some feedback on the current look of the application
as well as the icon that we will be using for the it.

https://i.imgur.com/XYTFK5l.png https://i.imgur.com/TV3PVaW.png https://i.imgur.com/scGyYmV.png

https://i.imgur.com/mCDn0Dt.png  https://i.imgur.com/C7PI6FZ.png  https://i.imgur.com/N8Cr1ZL.png  https://i.imgur.com/f31hYA5.png  https://i.imgur.com/bCZin3S.png 
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Update and news roundup for those of you who haven't subscribed to the mailing list
although I assume most have as the number is getting up there.

*Last call for alpha testers, we will be beginning alpha testing of our API,
ledger process, and POG in just a few days and although we do have enough testers
this is the final call for anyone else who would like to be included before we
move on to the beta stage.
This is who I have approved so far for testing, I'm only
approving about 1/4 of the people who have asked for the
alpha but the beta is going to be open to everyone:
CryptAxe
Tigew (mobile dev team)
Skitter (mobile dev team)
eureka
criptix (community manager)
visual111
nine009
mamamae

Here is what the ATOMIC desktop wallet looks like right now for the alpha testers:

As you can see, transactions arrive in a queue very similar to bitcoin, however you can
see that the transactions show the source, and destination coin (if applicable) as well
as what type of transaction occurred. Double clicking any of these transactions will bring
you to our blockchain explorer which has been modified to suit our needs and display data
appended via the Proof Of Exchange process.

*Information for developers and future customers of the ATOMIC DAC:
note this is all trimmed down so it will fit on the forum, full contents
as well as examples of calling from different languages available soon
at atomicdac.org
API CALLS (examples shown in c++):
    /*
     * Check the status of the ATOMIC
     * network, the API of the exchange
     * selected, and the ATOMIC API
     * Any result other than 0 indicates
     * that there is an issue
     * CODES:
     * 0: Good
     * 1: Connection issues
     * 2: Overloaded
     * ..... etc
     */
unsigned int status();

Example:
AtomicAPI api;
if (api.status > 0) {
  std::cout << "The network cannot handle a request right now\n";
  }
    /*
     * Overloaded exchange function
     * will be passed an atomic
     * object directly instead of
     * having to create one from params
     * or data from socket
     */
unsigned int atomicExchange(AtomObject *aObject);
This will be the main way that customers and developers will communicate with the
ATOMIC network. The wallet generates atomobjects for every transaction, but developers
are able to actually generate them without the wallet, so that they can be sent over
an sslsocket, or via an http request to the ATOMIC network without the developer of
software which should make use of the ATOMIC ledger having to install or configure
their own nodes or wallet.

/*
     * Check the transaction
     * at the ID specified.
     * Return -1 if does not
     * exist
     * Return 0 for exist but
     * no confirms
     * Anything returned above
     * 0 will be additional
     * confirmations.
     * ex: -1 = does not exist
     * 0 = exists with 0 confirms
     * 10 = exists with 10 confirmations
     * *Stops counting at your systems limit
     */
    int checkTX(string txid);

/*
     * return total amount spent
     * in transaction ID
     */
    float checkTXAmount(string txid);

checkTX and checkTXAmount are self explanitory.

You may be wondering how it is that we are going to do everything that we have talked
about with such a simple API. The reason for the simplicity is that the API calls
themselves have been designed in a way which we hope will allow for minimal changes
in the future to the API itself (good for compatibility) and instead make changes
to the atomobjects which are passed.

Okay that's too much of a wall of text already, go ahead and sign up for the mailing list
for more info and you should be seeing a sneak peak of the mobile wallet as well some time
soon from the mobile dev team who are wrapping up the mobile app (Android only for now)

try explaining this shit to merchants...go ahead i dare ya  Grin

Already started!

As far as i know this will be the one and only.
no more will be created Smiley

There probaly will be another sale but that depends on cryptaxe and also peoples demand for the asset.
In any case there will be a public announcement to inform everyone, so no worries about a ninjasell or etc!

The asset ID listed in the thread is the only one Smiley

I absolutely wont make a huge sell order without first alerting everyone as I did last time, seems that people would like me to release a bit more of my assets into the wild so I will consider another sell at some point in the near future if enough people would like me to!
legendary
Is there any more information about the asset - are the NXTVenture dividends the only assets which have been released? Are the 1 million on the AE the total number which will ever be created? Are there any plans to sell the rest in a crowdsale, or will they be sold as and when necessary or what?

As far as i know this will be the one and only.
no more will be created Smiley

There probaly will be another sale but that depends on cryptaxe and also peoples demand for the asset.
In any case there will be a public announcement to inform everyone, so no worries about a ninjasell or etc!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Is there any more information about the asset - are the NXTVenture dividends the only assets which have been released? Are the 1 million on the AE the total number which will ever be created? Are there any plans to sell the rest in a crowdsale, or will they be sold as and when necessary or what?
legendary
This is just the beginning the things just started to roll  Wink
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
try explaining this shit to merchants...go ahead i dare ya  Grin
I actually also just stumbled upon this news article as well, my Russian isn't great now but it appears to be positive!
http://www.moneynews.ru/News/19067/
Thanks to the amazing work of criptix we have now made it onto cointelegraph! I just finished reading this great article and I hope that you guys will be as happy as I am that this project is getting attention on media outlets like Coins Source and Coin Telegraph Smiley

Here's the article: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112812/atomic-a-decentralized-ledger-for-all-blockchain-based-technology
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Please send me an email, you can find my email address on atomicdac.org on the contact page I'd love to see what approach you guys are taking, looking forward to the documentation Smiley
Will drop you a note when the paper is released! Smiley
legendary

thanks for posting, great article Smiley
although the last part the author mistook the atomic asset with the actual atomic coin - i will forward it to them Smiley

The author meant to give you the analysis of the coin itself for the last part Cheesy
edit: im the author btw Cheesy

hi great article and i understood that Smiley

But in the last part you described the "Atomic Asset" which will provide shareholders a part of the transaction fees as dividends (it can be purchased on the NXT Asset Exchange or Bter.com); the other part of the fees goes to the miner/full nodes who will get "Atomic Coins" for their network contribution.  So Atomic Asset =/= Atomic Coin
The exact numbers arent decided yet but will be released as soon as possible along the working process.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

although the last part the author mistook the atomic asset with the actual atomic coin - i will forward it to them Smiley

The author meant to give you the analysis of the coin itself for the last part Cheesy
edit: im the author btw Cheesy
As we have been getting some media exposure in the past few days, I thought it would be worth while to take a hour or two break from coding this morning to write up a short article about some of the merchant applications of the ATOMIC network as well as answer a few questions people have been asking about how we can be assist members of the crypto-currency community, and their businesses with the ATOMIC project. You've probably also noticed that a whole lot of people have been posting in this thread announcing that they have joined the team in a position of tester. This is because we are getting close to being ready to test and release the project and anyone else who would like to join the team as a tester should send me a message or email Smiley

If you would prefer to read the following on our website here is the post:
http://atomicdac.org/?p=11076

How ATOMIC will benifit merchants
ATOMIC will have benefits for all existing and future blockchain companies

Many on bitcointalk and other forums have already figured out some of the ways that the ATOMIC network will make trade/commerce a smoother, faster and more secure process. In this post I would like to respond to many of the questions which have arose through this discourse as well as suggest what industries in crypto-currency and all other fields may be the first to adopt ATOMIC, and why. This is far from a complete list and I will be updating it regularly, I would recommend joining the mailing list to receive the latest info about the ATOMIC project.

Merchants (Online and brick/mortar)

More and more businesses will begin to accept crypto-currency payments in the future (we’ve already seen Newegg and PayPal among others finally begin to accept crypto payments just recently) and any merchant that accepts crypto-currency payments in one coin or another is by default already accepting ATOMIC payments. This has major advantages for both customers and business owners.

The key benefits for merchants who will accept ATOMIC payments (although ATOMIC will still function without support of the particular merchant, there will be benefits to running an ATOMIC node at the physical location. For example, a merchant who already accepts crypto-currency payments will automatically accept payments from the ATOMIC network, however a merchant running an ATOMIC node will be able to accept other forms of blockchain based payments, some of which already exist, and many more that haven’t been invented yet)

Broader range of customers: In the past, a merchant would be limited by the number of wallets that they personally run, currency types/coins that their crypto payment processor accepted or even just a limited knowledge of crypto-currency lacking the thousands of crypto-currencies that have evolved since the initial release of Bitcoin. With ATOMIC payments, merchants will be able to accept absolutely any crypto-currency without any special setup besides what they already have in place to accept crypto payments (or any other blockchain based asset if they are running an ATOMIC node).
    Faster payments: ATOMIC will introduce a constant verification time for ALL crypto-currencies. We all know that making a purchase in person with BTC can go really well if the merchant is setup with a payment processor that takes on some amount of risk and instantly “verifies” transactions. However, the process can also be lengthy and frustrating with other setups which is part of what led to the big bang of altcoins with much faster verifications than Bitcoin. The ATOMIC ledger operates at the speed of the ATOMIC blockchain which means that verifications will be very fast (we are pushing for instant) for all crypto-currencies and you will always have the option to make payment in a currency like NXT or LTC which have faster transaction times if the merchant is not setup for instant verifications.
    No middle – man: With nobody to run away with all of the moolah, the decentralized approach to the ATOMIC network can assure merchants that their transactions are private, secure, and as cheap as possible. Making use of an ATOMIC node as a point of sale payment gateway will also inherently be free and require no sign up, account creation or revelation of private information and the merchant will have the additional benefits above such as being able to accept all forms of crypto payments as quickly as possible.

Mining Pools:

Mining pools are in a very unique situation in the world of crypto. They transfer a very high volume of coins between their server wallets, cold wallets, possibly hot wallets, and then finally they are withdrawn and sent to their miners. Many of the best mining pools already offer the ability to automatically exchange the conglomerate of several different kinds of mined coins into one coin (such as Bitcoin) before withdrawal so that the life of the exchange and the miner is made happier. However the process on these pools is sometimes clunky, not to mention it includes large exchange and withdraw / transfer fees if the process is handled by a third party exchange which is how many pools are doing it. Mining pools who instead make use of the ATOMIC network as either an intermediary between themselves and their miners wallets (exchanging the coins as they are withdrawn into the one coin type that is the miners wallet) or they can make it a part of their cold storage process (exchange the coins right after they are mined and then move the converted single coin type into cold storage) this will make the cold storage process and the withdrawal processes much easier.

One coin to withdraw them all: ATOMIC will allow mining pools to automatically and cheaply exchange mined coins automatically and autonomously.
    Simplified withdrawal process: Instead of storing numerous addresses for separate wallets, miners can specify one wallet address which will then be set as the default coin to which they would like to withdraw. When it comes time for the exchange to send the miner their coins, they will be exchanged in the air and arrive at the destination wallet as the type of coin desired.
    Simplified cold storage: Instead of maintaining many cold storage wallets for each individual crypto-currency blockchain, ATOMIC will allow mining pools or anyone else that may find use in the feature, to first exchange all of their different coins into one coin type before moving them into cold storage. This will simplify the process so greatly and ATOMIC exchanges will be cheap enough that it will be well worth it for mining pools to adopt a new, more simple method of cold storage that involves less moving parts and therefore may operate more smoothly and securely.

Crypto-currency exchanges:

With recent events and historical (if you could call it that) involving crypto-currency exchanges you could see why it might be beneficial for any exchange running today to make use of the ATOMIC ledger as a way to audit and verify the contents of both hot and cold wallets. The ATOMIC network will provide a currently undisclosed (don’t want to make promises for features before they are proven) auditing mode of the POE algorithm that we have developed in order to server as a decentralized auditing system. That’s all I’m putting out there for now in regards to this but be sure to sign up for the mailing list if you would like more updates as soon as we are ready!
legendary

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
i have volunteered to help with testing for this project. looking forward to how atomic turns out!
Cool project guys. We've been working since June with hybrid assets towards a similar initiative here (+ forumthread). We'll be publishing our whitepaper soon, perhaps you can use some of our ideas as inspiration for further development as we're aiming for a fully open-source client anyway. All in the spirit of working towards satisfying cross-blockchain solution(s) for the cryptosphere Smiley

Please send me an email, you can find my email address on atomicdac.org on the contact page I'd love to see what approach you guys are taking, looking forward to the documentation Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: