Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ATOMIC: in SuperNET CORE - single blockchain for trading all coins&assets - page 9. (Read 58300 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
l like styles 2 and 4 the best as well. 2 is good for the sake of keeping the logo simple but distinctive. It looks like a radar display pinging the other blockchains. 4 is more elegant, but will be hard to display as a very small logo.

NXT-LEH6-UQ45-A7R6-5QD93
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
I like Style 4 and Style 2. However Sytale 2 looks like atomic hazard logo Grin.

If you don't mind here is my simple modification of the Style 4:

Call me crazy b ut I like the original better. The 3d centre mixed in with the 2d design style really speaks to me about what Atomic is all about... breaking barriers. Of course that could just be me and such a look is breaking many design guidelines. If I  had to pic one of these three, I'd have to say 1 but something feels off about it.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I like Style 2 Best  Smiley

NXT-7WWM-Z57T-5MSK-7AJYC
Activity: 80
I like Style 4 and Style 2. However Style 2 looks like atomic hazard logo Grin.

If you don't mind here is my simple modification of the Style 4:

legendary
Activity: 817
Update!

I'm very happy to announce that we have taken on the additional C++ developer that I told you guys about and we have also received the artwork that all of you have been anticipating.

Logo/Style voting:

I have created an imgur album which shows all 5 of the style options here: http://imgur.com/a/pHBJb#0 Please take your time to look at all 5 of the styles in the album and let us know which one your like the most or give us any suggestions that you might have! Please leave a comment with the number (1-5) of the style that you like the most! If you leave your NXT address as well you may also receive a small reward of ATOMIC assets  Smiley

Style 4:

Definately love number 4. It's so clean and clear and the colour works really well. 3 is good too but I feel that red works better. 1 and 5 are just too childish feeling.

NXT-5VRS-6H2G-GJJH-AVMFV
legendary
Activity: 1204
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!
desciption/info on bter incorrectly contains information for FreeMarket
does seem to have the correct asset id though.

ATOMIC Asset (ATOMIC) Info
ATOMIC NXT Asset ID: 11694807213441909013. Total Assets: 1,000,000. FreeMarket is a decentralized marketplace that supports physical items for an initial fixed listing cost of 7.77 NXT. Please check the official website http://nxtfreemarket.com and the official thread https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=5408.0 for any changes and updates. A 20% revenue sharing agreement with SuperNET allows for 80% of the listing fees to be distributed as dividends.

[url]https://bter.com/trade/ATOMIC_BTC[\url]
Activity: 100
Update!

I'm very happy to announce that we have taken on the additional C++ developer that I told you guys about and we have also received the artwork that all of you have been anticipating.

Logo/Style voting:

I have created an imgur album which shows all 5 of the style options here: http://imgur.com/a/pHBJb#0 Please take your time to look at all 5 of the styles in the album and let us know which one your like the most or give us any suggestions that you might have! Please leave a comment with the number (1-5) of the style that you like the most! If you leave your NXT address as well you may also receive a small reward of ATOMIC assets  Smiley

Style 4:
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

the assetholders will receive prorata percentage of the recording fees, net of what the miners are making

Thanks, James, for your answer about future revenues. I feel dumb, but could you elaborate on what 'recording fees' are? I've never heard of those (outside the music industry ofcourse). How does mining enter into this? Smiley

I googled it, and Bitcoin wiki says: "Payments are recorded in a public ledger using its own unit of account, which is also called bitcoin"
By recording fee, I mean to record a transaction pair on the "ticker tape".

Imagine the Atomic blockchain as a ticker tape for all the cross chain trades. The miners that are on both blockchains for a specific trade are the ones that record it into the blockchain. For this there a small fee (details not determined yet) and this is used to compensate the miners and the assetholders.

If the fees charged are too high, then nobody will use it. If the price is too low, it wont add up to much even if the volumes go sky high. So the exact pricing model cannot be determined until there is actual usage data and it will probably be maximized using some sort of auction process.

Now let us imagine a world a bit into the future, where real world transactions are wanting a blockchain to record important things, eg. contracts, deeds, etc. How many such things are happening? Can recording fees of a few dollars be charged? This is the type of expansion into the real world that Atomic can achieve. Of course, being integrated into the SuperNET as the default ticker tape blockchain will provide for a nice baseline level of revenues.

Atomic is still early stage. You can help its future with ideas on how to monetize a "ticker tape" blockchain

James
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

the assetholders will receive prorata percentage of the recording fees, net of what the miners are making

Thanks, James, for your answer about future revenues. I feel dumb, but could you elaborate on what 'recording fees' are? I've never heard of those (outside the music industry ofcourse). How does mining enter into this? Smiley

I googled it, and Bitcoin wiki says: "Payments are recorded in a public ledger using its own unit of account, which is also called bitcoin"
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Is there any revenue in the Atomic asset? Will people have to buy Atomic to make use of services, will it be scarce?

You will not need to purchase assets in order to use the service!

Actually I meant: why would investors buy this asset? Why will it go up in price? Smiley

I see a value in being able to use any cryptocurrency at businesses that accept various coins which you may not have in your wallet as well as being able to make instant exchanges between currencies and verify all of the transactions on one blockchain rather than several.

LOL! I absolutely agree on the value of the service, but investors are more interested in the price of the asset.
Does the asset increase in price? Are there fees? Dividends? Or should we consider any investments in it a 'donation' for a good cause?
Activity: 79
Is there any revenue in the Atomic asset? Will people have to buy Atomic to make use of services, will it be scarce?

Actually I meant: why would investors buy this asset? Why will it go up in price? Smiley

I see a value in being able to use any cryptocurrency at businesses that accept various coins which you may not have in your wallet as well as being able to make instant exchanges between currencies and verify all of the transactions on one blockchain rather than several.

LOL! I absolutely agree on the value of the service, but investors are more interested in the price of the asset.
Does the asset increase in price? Are there fees? Dividends? Or should we consider any investments in it a 'donation' for a good cause?

Could someone summarise in a nutshell what's special about this coin, beyond the jl777 involvement?

While ATOMIC does make use of blockchain technology is it not a typical altcoin that is mined in the standard way. The most important thing that ATOMIC will introduce into crypto-currency is a single blockchain that can be used to verify transactions between the blockchains of different coins. For example in the past to purchase something at a store that accepts dogecoin, and you only have BTC, you would have to sell the BTC for dogecoin, wait for that transaction to complete and for their to be enough confirmations on the network all before completing your purchase. With ATOMIC you need only wait for the single ATOMIC blockchain to confirm the exchange (this is where POE, proof of exchange) comes in.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Could someone summarise in a nutshell what's special about this coin, beyond the jl777 involvement?

yes, we need some introductions and promotions.
Activity: 280
legendary
Activity: 1148
Here is the reply from the coinmarketcap:

There's nothing wrong, it just excludes the issuer account's tokens from the available supply count since they're not available to the public.  If you want to see total supply count there is a separate page for it: http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/
Pages:
Jump to: