Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ATOMIC: in SuperNET CORE - single blockchain for trading all coins&assets - page 6. (Read 58331 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
Nope we can actually make money for BTER Smiley If you haven't had a chance you should check out the documentation at http://atomicdac.org/. It would be very good to have non techies on the team for testing purposes. What operating system(s) do you have access to if you don't mind me asking? You can send me an email from the contact area as well if you would rather talk to me over email!

i read half of it but i'll have to reread it again now that i understand the asset much better
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Cool project guys. We've been working since June with hybrid assets towards a similar initiative here (+ forumthread). We'll be publishing our whitepaper soon, perhaps you can use some of our ideas as inspiration for further development as we're aiming for a fully open-source client anyway. All in the spirit of working towards satisfying cross-blockchain solution(s) for the cryptosphere Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
the people of the exchange to contact to make them know of this possibility
cryptsy there is chris
poloniex there is chicken
an admin in chat

for bittrex for me is a little difficult but
some one in the other dev of the coin i have
in my portfolio know for sure

i'm sure it can be made known

maybe even mcxnox can be moved in atomic direction
and make his exchange a little more open to alts.
good work everybody

legendary
hello cryptaxe i'm really excited to take part in the team as tester
 Grin
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Form CryptAxe ,  now I become a tester for this project, it's pleasure.

Welcome to the team, can't wait to start getting feedback from our testers once we enter the alpha testing phase  Smiley
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Form CryptAxe ,  now I become a tester for this project, it's pleasure.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
sorry how would be possible that bter make money from this exchange
only bter or every exchange ?
will atomic drive the price in a way or the other (up
down)
or you intended that with atomic any coin will possibly be
more used so with more market than with only normal exchange?

if think evey day but what all cryptos and btc need is a failing state
of wherever to buy 99 % of the coins and declare them legal money
of the state (even a big industry but for them there are better way
 like making their own coin see amazon coin )
if they don't fail instantly maybe the coins will be appreciated.

Hi,

i think currently every exchange is working with their own internal ledger/database.
what they could do is using Atomic itself. It is cheaper, as fast as their own system and the most important: decentralized and publicly verifiable/auditable.

Tbh this will probaly boost the userbase and volume of every exchange by alot and in the end increase the income of the exchange.
legendary
sorry how would be possible that bter make money from this exchange
only bter or every exchange ?
will atomic drive the price in a way or the other (up
down)
or you intended that with atomic any coin will possibly be
more used so with more market than with only normal exchange?

if think evey day but what all cryptos and btc need is a failing state
of wherever to buy 99 % of the coins and declare them legal money
of the state (even a big industry but for them there are better way
 like making their own coin see amazon coin )
if they don't fail instantly maybe the coins will be appreciated.

Nope we can actually make money for BTER Smiley If you haven't had a chance you should check out the documentation at http://atomicdac.org/. It would be very good to have non techies on the team for testing purposes. What operating system(s) do you have access to if you don't mind me asking? You can send me an email from the contact area as well if you would rather talk to me over email!
Our goal is to begin alpha testing within this community sooner than that  Smiley If you'd be interested in helping out with that process go ahead and send me a pm or email!

I have just added Eureka's Chinese translations to the documentation section of www.atomicdac.org obviously most people on here wont be able to read that but you should take a look anyway as I at least find it pretty awesome that we are now an internationally known project (making it to the top of bter's news list in China yesterday) and Eureka has been spending time posting the information in every place that a Chinese crypto-currency investor/enthusiast would look.

And then on top of that at the same time we have Criptix working in Europe as well as the U.S. working on a list of crypto news outlets/blogs etc so that we can hopefully become a featured technology and more well known in the crypto-currency scene.

Everything is looking great today, I just had a meeting with one of the other developers and we have officially gotten to the point that we can append useful information to the blockchain and we are now working on an algorithm to effectively compress and decompress the information that we append without adding any delays to the transaction (this is to minimize the size of the blockchain, however we may ditch compression in favor of overall performance) This will most likely be a subject that we open up to community discussion and voting prior to the alpha release of ATOMIC.

We've also added two other members to the team to work on an QTQUICK/C++ mobile interface (android and windows phone for sure, iOS maybe depending on whether or not the holy Apple gatekeepers decide to let us in)

are technical skills required? i am interested if they are not. as a non techie, i might be a good "end user test dummy"

why would an exchange advertise for you? seems like Atomic is competition to bTER?

Our goal is to begin alpha testing within this community sooner than that  Smiley If you'd be interested in helping out with that process go ahead and send me a pm or email!

I have just added Eureka's Chinese translations to the documentation section of www.atomicdac.org obviously most people on here wont be able to read that but you should take a look anyway as I at least find it pretty awesome that we are now an internationally known project (making it to the top of bter's news list in China yesterday) and Eureka has been spending time posting the information in every place that a Chinese crypto-currency investor/enthusiast would look.

And then on top of that at the same time we have Criptix working in Europe as well as the U.S. working on a list of crypto news outlets/blogs etc so that we can hopefully become a featured technology and more well known in the crypto-currency scene.

Everything is looking great today, I just had a meeting with one of the other developers and we have officially gotten to the point that we can append useful information to the blockchain and we are now working on an algorithm to effectively compress and decompress the information that we append without adding any delays to the transaction (this is to minimize the size of the blockchain, however we may ditch compression in favor of overall performance) This will most likely be a subject that we open up to community discussion and voting prior to the alpha release of ATOMIC.

We've also added two other members to the team to work on an QTQUICK/C++ mobile interface (android and windows phone for sure, iOS maybe depending on whether or not the holy Apple gatekeepers decide to let us in)
Very cool, do you think you'll release a GUI by the end of 2014?
The user experience will not require any purchasing of tokens prior to making an exchange. If a user has Atoms in their wallet already, then those Atoms will be used to append exchanges to the ledger. Otherwise in the case that a user does not have any Atoms in their wallet, they will automatically be included in the ledger fee (which is insignificant). So one never has to worry about funding their wallets or anything like that, but they can if they want to. I suggest you also take a look at the POG section of the documentation as criptix has pointed out, it explains how the Atoms are going to be used for multiple purposes including measuring the age of nodes using the coinage of their oldest coin!

So if a person has no Atoms, they will pay extra in whatever coin they are exchanging?

We have our own GUI, but you got the rest of that correct. You could trade any coin pair as we do not maintain any wallets at all so as long as there is a node with the coin available, you can trade it! And yes if the person has no Atoms they will pay for their usage as a part of the exchange fee. Keep in mind that it will still be an insignificant fee.
The user experience will not require any purchasing of tokens prior to making an exchange. If a user has Atoms in their wallet already, then those Atoms will be used to append exchanges to the ledger. Otherwise in the case that a user does not have any Atoms in their wallet, they will automatically be included in the ledger fee (which is insignificant). So one never has to worry about funding their wallets or anything like that, but they can if they want to. I suggest you also take a look at the POG section of the documentation as criptix has pointed out, it explains how the Atoms are going to be used for multiple purposes including measuring the age of nodes using the coinage of their oldest coin!

So if a person has no Atoms, they will pay extra in whatever coin they are exchanging?
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Hi visual,
thanks for your questions and let me try to answer them:

so ATOMIC is advertising the prices of coins across all exchanges within a block chain?

maybe this - atomic is advertising the transactions between coins across all exchanges within a blockchain? i'm not sure i understand why someone would want to participate in this? what is the incentive?

visualized it would look like this

I think the best way to describe Atomic would be a decentralized exchange based on the bitcoin technology.
Basically it is a decentralized exchange run by everyone who wants to participate (as a miner) in the Atomic network.
Imagine bittrex or cryptsy without the need of a website - pure and straight cross-blockchain trading of coins/assets, that is Atomic.
You can see mining in the Atomic network as a process of exchanging coins/assets between different ledgers.

mining is not traditional mining (PoW), but more like a PoS system? the more tokens you have, the more likely you are to earn rewards for that block?
more so PoS. much like when you open a wallet (like BTCD) and receive XX amount of BTCD relative to the size of your stake. Not sure what the incentive is to collect tokens though? to collect more tokens? which are profitable how?

The mining process is based on two new protocols:
1. Proof of Exchange
2. Proof of Gateway

Proof of Exchange is the protocol that trades coins between different ledgers - it makes use of bitcoin transaction scripts and the coinbase header.
Proof of Gateway is to make Atomic as efficient as possible - it is an algorithm to rank and reward the miner(s) of the Atomic network based on how reliable, fast etc they are.  
For example holding Atoms for more then 30 days will be rewarded with a slight ranking boost (least important).
Atoms will be needed to use the Atomic network aka cross-blockchain trading of coins/assets.

what is the difference between Atomic Asset and "Atom" (token)
atomic asset holders will receive dividends for transactions (in BTC?) while atom holders will receive atoms as a forging reward

There are two kinds of fee's:
1. Transaction fee's on the Atomic ledger payed with Atoms
2. Non-Atom fee's payed in the respected currency/asset which the user wants to trade.

I.e. User A wants to trade BTC -> BTCD. User A will have to pay x Atoms (1) + x Bitcoins (2) to a special adress.

The Atom fee's will be payed to the miners, the non-Atom fee's will be payed to the Atomic asset holders.

oh, so in order for a transaction to be put onto the atomic block chain, users will have to pay Atoms (tokens). then miners will be able to mine these tokens in a system similar to PoS. all they have to do is have a full node

why would someone want to pay tokens for their transaction to go onto the Atomic chain?

because they would be able to exchange one currency/asset directly into a different one without the
need of centralized points of failure exchanges Smiley

right now what i understand is that the process will be fully decentralized and trustless - this is a total new level which we didn't saw yet.

if you didnt read the documentation yet, it already has alot of information and will be updated along with the working process:

www.atomicdac.org

I hope i could help you and make some points a bit clearer, if not just ask  Wink
so ATOMIC is advertising the prices of coins across all exchanges within a block chain?

maybe this - atomic is advertising the transactions between coins across all exchanges within a blockchain? i'm not sure i understand why someone would want to participate in this? what is the incentive?

visualized it would look like this

mining is not traditional mining (PoW), but more like a PoS system? the more tokens you have, the more likely you are to earn rewards for that block?
more so PoS. much like when you open a wallet (like BTCD) and receive XX amount of BTCD relative to the size of your stake. Not sure what the incentive is to collect tokens though? to collect more tokens? which are profitable how?

what is the difference between Atomic Asset and "Atom" (token)
atomic asset holders will receive dividends for transactions (in BTC?) while atom holders will receive atoms as a forging reward

oh, so in order for a transaction to be put onto the atomic block chain, users will have to pay Atoms (tokens). then miners will be able to mine these tokens in a system similar to PoS. all they have to do is have a full node

why would someone want to pay tokens for their transaction to go onto the Atomic chain?

\
This is from a thread on the superNET forum but I thought everyone here might want to see it too:
Quote from: CryptAxe link=
Quote from: cobaltskky link=
I'm not understanding how this is different than InstantDEX and MGW...is this sort of like if InstantDEX and MGW hooked up and had a baby? Smiley

Up until now exchanges have had to make use of centralization (a compromise especially when you consider the fundamental points of a decentralized currency like Bitcoin) in order to even keep track of what coins are going where, what users are exchanging, who owns how many coins and meanwhile all of these coins are floating around in less than secure hot wallets.

InstantDEX offers the ability to replace a major part of the exchange process, however it needs a way to keep track of all of these exchanges so that is where a solution like ATOMIC comes into play. ATOMIC allows ANY coin without any changes to begin tracking their exchanges on one blockchain. This means there is no central authority that declares an exchange good or bad, it is decided by the nodes on the ATOMIC network via the POE and POG protocols.

Edit: Do you mind if I post your comment and my response on the bitcointalk thread? There may be others that would like to see this answer
Nice one! Welcome criptix.
I'm super curious how this will turn out!

If you'd like to get updates quickly there is a mailing list on our main website www.atomicdac.org Smiley By the way if you check the site in the next 20 minutes and it looks broken it's because I'm messing with it
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Nice one! Welcome criptix.
I'm super curious how this will turn out!
Pages:
Jump to: