Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ATOMIC: in SuperNET CORE - single blockchain for trading all coins&assets - page 7. (Read 58331 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Hi everyone, i am criptix from germany and from today on i will be working as the community manager for Atomic. I will support the development team by handling matters regarding the forum, social media and marketing for the english and german speaking area!

I started to get interested in crypto early this year and begun to mine different coins while learning alot about cryptography,
economics and daytrading.
I am sure crypto is here to stay and just needs some fine-tuning until it will reach mainstream.
I believe bitcoin created a new road by being decentralized and open source - now 5 years later we have hundreds of new coins and
assets build on different decentralized public ledgers.
The main problem i see is that the majority of trades between cryptocurrency/assets depends on centralized exchanges.
A new way was MGW being distributed.
And now we have Atomic which has the vision of closing the gap completely by enabling a decentralized exchange between different cryptocurrencys/assets.

I am sure we can build a strong community around Atomic which will in the end support the whole Cryptoverse.
Good times ahead friends Smiley

Greetings
criptix
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I wouldn't mind them using the code from the demo we are releasing if it helps them out  Smiley
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Hi CryptAxe. I am cross-posting a quote from CIYAM (Ian) who was working on automated transactions for NXT (AT will launch on NXT testnet on Oct 15...up to devs and community to go live). CIYAM has now decided to work with the Qora platform if enough crowdsource funds are raised.

Link to ANN: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9125859

To the point: please see the bold below. It appears that Ian and his team are working on a similar project as ATOMIC. For now, it appears that it's done with a unique language created by Ian.

My purpose here is to simply be a messenger and I would hope that you and CIYAM would at least communicate ideas so not to waste time and energy. Maybe there is a chance for collaboration.

From what I know CIYAM and some members in the NXT community are in a ruffled state (nothing like a successful product to mend wounds) but that's really beside the point. Simply for what it's worth.

Just to clarify a few things - AT is *open source* (under the MIT license) and was originally written in C++ by myself (the prototype is available if you scroll down to the last link in http://ciyam.org/at).

The language that ATs use is an artificial "machine code" (that I invented) and yes we do hope down the track to be able to build higher level languages on top of it (but for now very useful ATs can be written in machine code as our use cases have already proven so we are not rushing into the development of any higher level languages).

Assuming enough funds are raised during the "crowdfunding" period then these funds will then be used to pay for time and effort on behalf of the AT team to help Qora to implement it (in a manner that will be *compatible* with other AT implementations). A portion of those funds would also be used to help get the "lottery" created and promoted (with a decent "first few rounds reward added" to help encourage participation).

We will also be developing a very exciting new "use case" for AT that could well be its "killer app". It will be an "atomic cross-chain transfer" AT that will allow transactions to effectively occur across two blockchains that are using AT.
Speaking of documentation, I've just added the final bits of information to version 1 of the documentation. The next revision will be a big one involving code samples, info graphics and we are currently in the process of working on an explainer video (this is being outsourced so it does not take away from our coding time). I hope that you can take some time to read what I have added to the documentation and leave any comments or questions!

Download the full documentation:
http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033

Proof Of Exchange Summary (more details soon)
   POE or Proof Of Exchange is arguably the most important contribution to crypto-currencies that the ATOMIC project will make. Proof Of Exchange is the process via which the ATOMIC network will make use of the information appended to the ledger (please read the beginning of this document for an explanation of how we will be appending the data). Once an exchange has been submitted to the ATOMIC network, it will undergo the following process and be processed according to the POE protocol.

*Initiation of exchange or transaction(s): At this point in time the cooperating exchange will have already begun the process of the exchange and will now have submitted the required information to the ATOMIC network and its nodes in order to begin the POE process. 

*Script check: The ATOMIC network will then check the transaction script's OP_RETURN attribute which will have been appended to the initial transaction to make an initial confirmation that the transaction is legitimate. This is a denial of service prevention technique which will be explained thoroughly prior to release but for now just realize that this is the least important of the security checks on the network and is entirely to prevent blockchain bloat or attempts at a massive number of false exchanges, although such attempts would be pointless due to the nature of the POE process

*ATOMIC Exchange Data: Now that the transaction has made its way into the network, but has not been appended to the blockchain (the block will not have been mined yet) the first check which is explained in the Multiple Forms of Confirmation section of this document will be performed. This involves reading the OP_RETURN information (which any wallet on the network may append information to) and if the data is valid, ATOMIC will move on to step two. Please note that the exchange will not have been confirmed at this point, it has only proven itself to possibly be valid.

*Header Data: Next, as also explained in the multiple forms of verification section, the coinbase header will be checked. Unlike the previous check however, this data is not open for appending by any member of the network. Only full nodes that are in 'mining' mode on the ATOMIC network which have proven themselves via the POG protocol are able to append information to this area of the ledger.

jl777 do you ever finish what you start, or do you just make 999 new coins and assets with empty promises?

ATOMIC is not a coin, please read the thread  Grin

Or the documentation Smiley http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
jl777 do you ever finish what you start, or do you just make 999 new coins and assets with empty promises?

ATOMIC is not a coin, please read the thread  Grin
You would simply open up our wallet and (if enabled) automatically begin processing transactions on the ATOMIC network.

@CryptAxe
No no mate - the info I quoted from your post above was all I needed thanks Smiley
No need to waste precious time writing even more Smiley

Thank you! I'll end up adding the info anyways later though just for anyone else interested.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
"to endure to achieve"
You would simply open up our wallet and (if enabled) automatically begin processing transactions on the ATOMIC network.

@CryptAxe
No no mate - the info I quoted from your post above was all I needed thanks Smiley
No need to waste precious time writing even more Smiley
crypto-currency enthusiasts may profit by running the ATOMIC software

Can you inform us a bit more about how this will work?
Will it be a wallet-kinda-thingy? Forging?

If you take a look at the documentation http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033 (I'd recommend downloading the odt or pdf so it's easier to read) you'll see that we are rewarding miners with two new protocols. POE (Proof Of Exchange) and POG (Proof Of Gateway). The actual process will appear to be somewhat similar to POW for miners however this process will not involve any special mining hardware like ASICs or GPUs. You would simply open up our wallet and (if enabled) automatically begin processing transactions on the ATOMIC network.

Since you are interested in more details and others may be as well I will work on getting a more detailed explanation of POE and POG into the documentation. Let me know if you have any other questions and you can keep checking here or join the mailing list on the website if you want to be alerted when we make the updates to the documentation  Smiley
Activity: 294
Activity: 420
"to endure to achieve"
crypto-currency enthusiasts may profit by running the ATOMIC software

Can you inform us a bit more about how this will work?
Will it be a wallet-kinda-thingy? Forging?
Just to let you guys know we now have a section of our own on the superNET forum here: https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=39.0
Hi, I'm Eureka from China, a skilled C#  programer.
I believe decentraliation will change the world.
I'm the only author of the cointrade platform (website developed by me too: http://cointrade.pw ) ,Metro style using C#,WPF,MEF and so on, and you can
view Chinese screenshots here:https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--324469 and English screenshots here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-powerful-trading-platform-eureka-coin-trade-platform-english-version-release-384366
I have developed many software (see http://eesoftware.com) and many websites (see http://www.ee-studio.com)
Now I will be working on the ATOMIC team building a community in China as well as helping them with development!

Welcome to the team Eureka you will be a huge help to this project and I'm glad that we have you on board! With Eureka's help we will be able to cross language barriers and help our friends in China start using ATOMIC and his help as an additional programmer on the team means that we can start moving development even faster  Smiley
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Looking good gang...keep up the good work. Eureka, well done on the development move in China. Good luck in the coding.
Activity: 301
网络·自由·客
Hi, I'm Eureka from China, a skilled C#  programer.
I believe decentraliation will change the world.
I'm the only author of the cointrade platform (website developed by me too: http://cointrade.pw ) ,Metro style using C#,WPF,MEF and so on, and you can
view Chinese screenshots here:https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--324469 and English screenshots here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-powerful-trading-platform-eureka-coin-trade-platform-english-version-release-384366
I have developed many software (see http://eesoftware.com) and many websites (see http://www.ee-studio.com)
Now I will be working on the ATOMIC team building a community in China as well as helping them with development!
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I have uploaded the documentation with all of the updates so far and a few additional tidbits in odt and pdf format to the website and you can download both of them right here: http://atomicdac.org/?page_id=11033 The website is almost ready to go, you'll see that we have added some graphics as well as a status area which will be used to show how many nodes are up, how many transactions have made their way through the ATOMIC network, the size of the blockchain and the number of downloads of the wallet. You can also feel free to join the mailing list that we have setup by clicking the big yellow button.

Right now the other dev and I are working on the finishing touches of the alpha build. I still need to finish up the user interface (Qt) but if I get it done today (fingers crossed) I will be sure to post some screenshots for you guys.
Update: I spent a whole lot of jl777's time discussing how we would implement this and a lot of people have been asking so I would call this a big update Smiley

Atoms

An explanation of how the coins on the ATOMIC network will work as well as information about the fees, rewards and profit to both miners and shareholders of ATOMIC assets

Coins:
  As the ATOMIC network is making use of blockchain technology but is not just a typical altcoin we have decided to call the coins on the network Atoms. Atoms will be used first as a way to append transactions onto the ATOMIC ledger, and second they will be used to reward nodes on the network, or 'miners'.

I. Appending Transactions:
  Atoms may or may not contain information related to ATOMIC exchanges. For example if a user pays to exchange NXT to BTCD, the Atoms used to facilitate the exchange will contain information to verify the exchange which will inherently be added to the ATOMIC Ledger in the next block on the chain. Adding this extra data will make the transactions larger (in bytes) and the more coins that are sent, the larger the transaction will be.  Users will also be able to send Atoms directly between themselves without adding any of this extra data so the backbone of the network will not be strained, and the blockchain will not increase greatly in size for transactions between users that are not part of an exchange. This selective process will allow the coin to be used both as a regular coin with no additional functionality while at the same time allowing the network to append exchange information without any additional setup, delay, or any difference at all in how the coin functions as far as the end user can tell.

II.  Reward miners:
  The cost of mining ATOMIC is much lower by comparison than the cost of mining Bitcoin or Litecoin. Instead of setting up miners with expensive ASICs, crypto-currency enthusiasts may profit by running the ATOMIC software on just about any platform you could imagine from Raspberry Pi's and desktops to VPS instances. What this means for miners is much more steady as well as larger profit margins which are influenced more by participation in the network than the total hashrate of the network.

Fees:
The fees on the ATOMIC network will serve to reward both the miners and asset holders. The standard transaction fees required by blockchain technology will be rewarded directly to the miners (according to the Proof Of Gateway protocol described earlier).

The asset holders will receive dividends in the form of the accumulation of non-Atom transaction fees. For example if user A with Bitcoin wants to send money to user B who only wants Litecoin, user A will pay a tiny fee in Bitcoin to a special address that will initiate the exchange. Due to the  nature of the ATOMIC network, the exchange requires that the user also have enough Atoms in their wallet to cover the transaction fee to the miners.

This process gives the power to set the price of Atoms to the nodes on the network while also rewarding asset holders directly with fees collected by the exchange process.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
What is the value proposition of ATOMIC to asset holders?
there will be fees for the recording of the tx pair and these fees will be accumulated for dividends to assetholders

The specifics on fees have not been determined yet and it will be optimized. Clearly if it is too high then nobody will use the Atomic blockchain, so we need to test different fee structures to make sure it is not impacting usage.

InstantDEX plans to use the Atomic blockchain, so it will have a built in default customer.

James
Proof Of Gateway Summary (more details soon)
   POG or Proof Of Gateway will be an important part of the ATOMIC network as its responsibility will be to keep track of and measure the statistics of each node on the ATOMIC network. These statistics collected by the POG process will be used to determine which nodes on the network are the fastest and most reliable among other things and thus deserving of larger rewards. Once a node on the ATOMIC network has qualified as a full node (which is described in the next paragraph) the following attributes will be used to rank the node in comparison to all other nodes.

*Connection: Those wishing to profit as 'miners' on the ATOMIC network should be running nodes 24/7  on reliable systems with reliable connections. This does not mean that users who wish to open the software every once in a while will not be able to profit as a node, but those with dedicated nodes will be heavily favored to benefit the network.

*Age of held coins: In order to maintain a level playing field for newcomers this will be the least important of all of the attributes that will be used to rank nodes. The only good decentralized way for us to prove that a node has been a member of the network for a long period of time will be via the coin-age attribute. Nodes that have coins held which have a coin age of over 30 days will receive a slight boost in the rankings to reward their consistent participation in the network.

*Number of successful additions to the ledger: Each addition to the ATOMIC ledger will boost the rankings of the responsible node and the first nodes to confirm the addition.

*Number of blockchains the node has access to: The more blockchains that a node of ATOMIC can keep track of the more significant the reward to the node will be and the higher the chances will be that your node will be selected to be involved in the first steps of an ATOMIC exchange.

In order to be considered a full node, the node must pass a series of tests many of which are already built into Bitcoin core. The blockchain must be in sync, and the correct ports to allow outside connections must be forwarded. For most users, this will mean that NAT port forwarding must be configured. This is the same process that Bitcoin wallets require in order to run as full nodes and participate in the network by allowing new nodes to get in sync with the blockchain.

There are a few more tidbits that I don't want to release yet in regards to this process but I think they will be well liked by this community.

Note: CryptAxe will be managing blockchain seeds similar to the starter seeds available for Bitcoin and some other crypto-currencies. This means that you will not need to wait for days while the blockchain syncs up once it has reached a large enough size and can simply torrent the majority of the blockchain ahead of time. (this torrent will be recreated as demand requires but most likely monthly or on a per GB added to the blockchain basis)

Number of coins:
        As ATOMIC itself is not a 'coin' and we are making use of transactions as a method of storing ledger information we believe that setting the number of coins to be generated to infinite is the best option. ATOMIC does not have to face the same issues as Bitcoin in regards to maintaining value by acting as a deflationary currency as it isn't a currency at all.

Maybe it's a good idea to totally avoid the word 'coin'.
Call them 'tokens'.

Yeah that's why I've been putting 'coin' in quotation marks most of the time because it's still questionable how the 'coins' will be used. I think we will start calling them tokens from now to avoid confusion until we make a final decision.
Pages:
Jump to: