Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Atomic Trade New Virtual Currency Exchange USD BTC - page 19. (Read 44361 times)

Activity: 599
Merit: 510
Trade accuracy has been increased to 1/100th of a satoshi :-)
Unobtanium is now active and trading :-)
Added Skeincoin, PXL updated and will be adding a few big name coins very soon
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Great site, I'm loving it so far!  I highly recommend anyone join!  Here's my Atomic Trade referal ID in case you want to join - https://www.Atomic-Trade.com?refid=8ENCU643
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Keep up the good work.
USD fees are being dropped to a mere 0.75% :-)
Activity: 406
Thanks for the update! 

Deeyoh
Since a lot of people have been asking I though I would post this here to try and help people understand.

Any wallet is susceptible to the current BTC network problem. What happens is a transaction is broadcast to the BTC network. A malicious node then takes that transaction and mutates the data then broadcasts the bad information back out onto the network. When your wallet sees that transaction (because the id the wallet uses remains in tact) it thinks it sent the transaction (double spend). However because the data in the transaction is bad it will never confirm and the wallet will get stuck waiting for it. This is a problem for exchanges because all transactions both in and out get blocked by the wallet as it is waiting for the bad transaction to confirm (it never will). Many people have been affected by this as of late not just exchanges. The wallet.dat file must be edited and the bad data pulled out and the wallet is fine after that (did it twice yesterday). Regular users will either be stuck with a corrupt wallet or have to wait a few days for the bad data to be kicked out by there wallet.

In the paper that MTGox wrote the id they are talking about is the txid of the transaction broadcast on the network. There proposed solution is for the wallet (everyones) to stop using just the txid and to also use a secondary hash of the transaction. This way when a bad transaction comes to the wallet the wallet will reject it as the txid may match but the private hash doesn't so the wallet knows that the transaction has been tampered with.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
@ByronP can you look into QurarkCoin (QRK)? QRK is 9th largest cryptocoin and has decent volume of trades. It has one of the highest traded coins at BTC38- a top Chinese exchange. It has been added to most of the known altcoin exchanges except btc-e. There are lots of developments and projects going on. QRK has very active community and is growing very fast. It is one of better designed coin- purely CPU based, more secure (6 random hashes from 9 round of hashes), faster (30 sec) and has very interesting economics of coin distribution.

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/

What is QRK? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNnrvet7Ao

www.qrk.cc

http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/
Since quite a few WDC people have been talking to me I just thought I would share a link to my thoughts http://worldcoinforum.org/topic/1347-atomic-trade/
Activity: 336
Thank you. Yes anycoin/usd is built into the system however until the volume of a coin can support 2 markets I wont enable it. So round up the troops and start trading here if you want usd faster.

I would also be quite supportive of WDC/USD. What sort of volume are we talking about?
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
Activity: 118
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
Where is this LLC located?
Thank you. Yes anycoin/usd is built into the system however until the volume of a coin can support 2 markets I wont enable it. So round up the troops and start trading here if you want usd faster.
Activity: 189
This is awesome ByronP.  You've got a potential goldmine by accepting USD with your exchange.

There's a huge need to buy alt-coins (e.g. WDC) directly with USD.  This will open up the market to joe-public to buy alt-coins and make these coins useful in the crypto-currency economy instead of primary pump-and-dump vehicles for the miners.

If you haven't heard yet, Scharmbeck seems to have imploded with legal issues involving its developer.  A huge blow to the WDC community.  Scharmbeck was to be the direct USD-to-WDC exchange like Coinbase.

So can you get your exchange to accept USD to buy WDC (or any alt-coin for that matter) directly?  Because here's how we get WDC today (besides mining it) via Coinbase.  Buy BTC with USD, wait 4 business days, convert BTC to WDC, wait at least an hour for 6 BTC confirmations, and then ready to use WDC.

This manual conversion negates completely the speed advantage of WDC.

And it would seem straight-forward to integrate prices between USD-WDC and BTC-WDC by having the system pass prices through BTC:
I.e. USD-to-BTC then BTC-to-WDC and vice-verse:  This establishes the USD-WDC price which can be integrated with the pure BTC-WDC price.

Having such a built-in automatic service would be HUGE!!
If you keep getting an error please clear your browsers cookies. I have updated the machines security keys which makes the old cookies on your browser cause an error. This will clear up over the next day as your old cookies expire or if you clear out the cookies manually.
FRK is now active :-)

Some important files have been updated. You may need to close and reopen your browser and or clear your browser cache if you get an error. Sorry but important change
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Girls dont crypto?
I seen in the Franko collective newsletter that FRK will be traded here. That is splendid.
All services are temporarily down. Microsoft is working on the problem... Nothing I can do sorry

UPDATE: Everything is fine routing and cache services went offline for a minute. All is Well :-)
Pages:
Jump to: