Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BBL] BitBlock-World's first X15 coin|Bittrex|Poloniex|Mandatory Update - page 6. (Read 82720 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Remember for those depositing for the poker beta, We are still giving match bonus up to 200BBL for those that purchase from bittrex and poloniex!
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Hey, someone in the bitblock IRC mentioned there are some people in here that are familiar with miners.
Anyway I can't seem to mine bitblock with my AMD7850 card.  sgminer v5, catalyst 14.6

In sgminer v5 debug this is the main issue I think...  

Code:
Staged work: total (2) > max (1), discarding
Discarded work
^^repeated each and every time work is generated from any bitblock pool
max always equals what the queue is set at, and the number of staged work items will always be one larger than the max
Huh  

Thank you all for the kind words. We will let the current difficulty go for just a bit longer, We are expecting some more hashing power soon, after folks give up on these other x15 clones and PoS coins. IF after that we are still not getting our hash power, We will do something about the current difficulty. It is not that we do not care, It is just too early to go and mess with it at this point. (obviously it is not for the reasons listed above) Thank you guys for all the kind words and lets try and get some hash power back on BitBlock!
Activity: 81
How long does it take for the difficulty to adjust?  It has been at 232.8355 for DAYS even though the network hashrate has fallen dramatically.

Block 7780 found on 06/30/2014 06:47:29.
Block 7850 found on 07/01/2014 08:12:44

That's 70 blocks found in 25 hours, 25 mins for an average blocktime of 21 mins 47 seconds and a measly reward of only 25 coins as the reward scales with the difficulty.

From the OP:
Specs:
Blocktime: 2.5 MINUTES

Until something is done to make the difficulty adjust more dynamically I wouldn't touch this coin with a 30 ft pole.

Just my .00000002 btc.

To update: 
Block 7951 found on 07/02/2014 19:09:06

That's now 171 blocks found in 59 hours, 22 mins for an average block time of 20 mins, 49 secs.  That's a bit better than the 21:47 I calculated previously but the difficulty is still at 232.8355 and the blocktime is STILL supposed to only be 2.5 minutes.

So, either
a) the Dev is unable to fix it, in which case everyone should bail and let it die
b) the Dev doesn't want to fix it which would devalue his early mining by making it possible to get coins now, in which case everyone should bail and let it die. Or,
c) the Dev doesn't give a shit, and I bet you can guess what I'd recommend at this point  Roll Eyes

Activity: 70
Here's why I like Bitblock, because unlike the other X15 algos, it isnt being overhyped.  Slow and steady builds a healthier network, while pump and dumps attract volatility.  Ive been poor-man-mining BBL (hitting the fountain) since it launched, and I expect it to gain value for at least the next few months assuming the devs keep up with its evolution.  So, overall, a great X15 buy and hold coin right now.
Exactly , we are building a currency were it will have a real world value , not just trading or P&D , but services/products that the wider community will be able to use !!
Activity: 63
Here's why I like Bitblock, because unlike the other X15 algos, it isnt being overhyped.  Slow and steady builds a healthier network, while pump and dumps attract volatility.  Ive been poor-man-mining BBL (hitting the fountain) since it launched, and I expect it to gain value for at least the next few months assuming the devs keep up with its evolution.  So, overall, a great X15 buy and hold coin right now.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
X15 to the moon! Good job guys looks promising.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
good luck on the project! im watching this Cheesy
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
And so the advancements in altcoin continue... X15 now Smiley Good luck guys

twitter.com/devnullius
Activity: 685
Merit: 14
Congrats!! You have new logo. I hope the better for you Smiley  good luck with your logo. BitBlock to the moon!!! Keep enjoying trade on Poloniex!
Activity: 154
So, anyone know how to x15 on pimp?
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
我就想不通了,那么火为什么价格上不去呢,看起来还是庄家不行,没有大庄来玩,
出块那么慢,哪有算力进来
外面还有100万的货等有买单了再砸呢。。前面2小时 大概30台电脑出了80万。。
Activity: 45
Developer should consider implementing better difficulty retargeting and make it more suitable for miners.

Rest of the things look good.
Activity: 137
770MH net hash at 232 diff ... 30 minute / block  Huh
Activity: 238
Bitblock had a fair launch and many people were able to pull their fair share with some time before gpu mining hit. Everything we have done thus far, has been fair and just towards the community, We still strive to add additional ways to utilize BBL and to make the Bitblock community as a whole better for everyone involved. If you guys have not checked out the Bitblock poker, check it out for open beta while we finish work on the website. http://poker.bitblock.ml/ and play some hands, The Sit&Go tournament will have an additional 50BBL reward in the prize pool from our own pocket during the open beta phase. Remember, the web client is playable on any device and looks pretty good on tablets and phones as well. Check it out.

OK, we see, but what about the difficulty and blocktime which aren't in line with the official specification on first page? I think urgent fix neccesary to avoid the die of this coin. Would you fix it?
We are still accepting matching bonuses for your poker account, Just PM us your buy order from Bittrex or Poloniex and we will credit your poker account up to 200BBL, Remember sign up to the poker server using your BBL Wallet address, Keep it anonymous, Keep it fun! Follow us on Twitter @BitBlock1
Activity: 70
New Poker Bonus: Anyone who puts a buy order in at poloniex or bittrex and pm's me the screen shot We will match your purchase up to 200BBL on your Poker account Smiley
Also mate sent you a PM with and Idea!! and OMG AWESOME!! Shocked  but  Grin
Activity: 56
We hope the new logo will inspire some more miners to hop on board, Bitblock is a great coin with a great community. We look forward to the long term of whats in store for BitBlock and we hope that with this support in the crypto community we can make this whole thing great for years to come. Thank you again everyone.

Nice!
Activity: 196
New Poker Bonus: Anyone who puts a buy order in at poloniex or bittrex and pm's me the screen shot We will match your purchase up to 200BBL on your Poker account Smiley

You need to use some extra marketing and advertisement. Put "| Poker!" after "poloniex" in thread name at least. You could use some twitter, fb, subreddit.
Pages:
Jump to: