Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEE2] [BEECOIN V2] POW X11/POS Hybrid - Now With CLIENT CHAT Feature! - page 66. (Read 133394 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
Please remember that total coinage has been increased from 24bn to 27bn, soopy should confirm that the extra coinage could have originated from BEE2 conversion.
legendary
Activity: 1778
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I think the best option for beecoin now is to get on bittrex.
Soopy did you contact witch Richi from bittrex?

Yes i agree with this too, we could perhaps 'donate a few 100M ' to bittrex to get listed.

Coin market cap is another important step.

We really really need someone to step up and be the community manager.

After talking with soopy, it does appear BILLIONS remain unswapped. These coin need to be put to good use.

Soopy is working out the exact number right now perhaps 11Billion. We as a community need to decide what to do with them. These coins are the fuel for the future dev (soopy), promotions,  community manager, exchanges, poker rooms, websites, honey bee's future donations. We need to decide how to spend them. But we need to HURRY UP.

Who here will step in and has the time and energy to push beecoin forward if they are compensated fairly??.

These unswapped coins are not premined, they were fairly mined by miners that have abandoned the project. We as a community need to decide how to use them for beecoins future.

I have laid out some suggestions, it is for the entire community to decide.

I know you guys are concerned about transparency. So of course all things will be transparent to give investors and holders confindence.

Steps

1. Define exact numbers of unswapped coins.  

2. Define what we will do with them. -

a/  dev payment for bringing bee back from death
b/  pot reserved for giveaways for facebook and twitter postings
c/   pots for tip bots, android wallets, exchange buy ons
d/   pot for games developments
e/   pot for poker room, lottery  
f/   wallet funds left in hot wallets live for staking so network is secured - This would be very important and could make bee2 a very secure blockchain.

etc etc etc

3/  get a community manager (paid position) 5% of everything he does - so he over sees a game development costing 100M he gets 5M .... he over sees and arranges social media giveaways for 500M he gets 25M.... this is a very important position and can only be held by beecoin faithful holders from the start or member with super high rep on the board like hero

4/ get on bigger exchanges, coin market cap and more media coverage and fund raising for bees.

the community will always be kep notified and asked to vote and give input, all wallets holding funds either unswapped or tax coins will be made public so that the balances can be viewed at all times.

Any other ideas please put them forward.

Those suggesting some of the coins are destroyed, this could boost price of the coins i guess and we could go back to the original or nearer to the original minting of 22B - but really these coins that were fairly mined could be useful for promtion and security of beecoin if handled correctly.

legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder
I think the best option for beecoin now is to get on bittrex.
Soopy did you contact witch Richi from bittrex?
legendary
Hello All,

What are we discussing about?

~SoopY~

Options:

a) Officially end swap now, and kill unswapped coins.
b) Officially end swap now, take unswapped coins to be used for promotion, development, and so on.
c) Keep Bee1 alive for a longer period to allow further (endless?) swapping.

Maybe we can set a 2-3 days pool to decide?
As I stated before, I believe option (a) is the best choice for many reasons: 1- To honor what was announced about the swap allowed time lapse. 2- To end Bee1 mining. 3- To bring trust by killing unswapped coins instead of stealing them from those that for whatever reason didn't swapped. 4- To put and and to this stage and move on asap.

Please other members, add your comment if I'm missing something.

What you think?

True mate , I agree also it would be good as a community on what's best for BEE , as per discussed with Cryptohunter people who couldn't swap will have to send me their wallet.dat and will only be compensated for mined coins if any on the BEE1 chain till only the 7th of June , 2014.

~SoopY~

So, maybe it's time to update / clean the OP, state that swap is officially over + mention that people who couldn't swap will have to send you their wallet.dat and will only be compensated for mined coins if any on the BEE1 chain till 7th of June , 2014.

Then we only need to decide what should be done with never-ever swapped coins ... , then make a statement about that, and honor it.

Fair enough?

Yes i agree, we need to officially end the swapping. Let's agree on some points.

1. the unswapped coins? - how many are left unswapped? someone saying 11B unswapped. This i think is not correct. What is the correct figure maybe less than 5B i would expect. Soopy can you provide this information. The ledger is good, but i think on there is the swap addresses, that people are confusing with the individuals address so they think there is 11B outstanding when i don't think there can be that many left?

a/ we give soopy 500-750M - i know that seems a lot but for continued support of beecoin and adding his anon features and being involved with the community? what about it? it will give soopy a lot of interest in seeing beecoin does well if he holds a good % of the beecoins for himself.

b/ the rest of the billions we can either destroy them?  or use them for giveaways ie 1000 coins for every twitter posting about beecoin, 2000 coins for every facebook posting about beecoin? also for projects, games, poker room, lottery, all kinds of things like wages for a community manager.

2. community manager - soopy is the developer and will always take care of the coding side of things. However he has a lot of other coins he codes for so he can not be expected to arrange projects, giveaways, and generally pull the community together. We need to elect a community manager that can take care of these things and do some promotions.  For every project .... say we were to allocated 500M coins to a facebook and twitter marketing project, for doing the giveaway and handling everything the community manager will get 5-10% so for all of the work of handling it they get something back. The same for every new project. Say we allocated 500m for a nice top level poker room etc then upon completion of this task the community manager gets 5% of that.

Beecoin can be a really good coin but we need to work at it now and get others involved. There is no point people hoarding beecoins because you need other people to have an interest.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 500
In CryptoEnergy we trust
Hello All,

~SoopY~

Options:

b) Officially end swap now, take unswapped coins to be used for promotion, development, and so on.

As I stated before, I believe option (a) is the best choice for many reasons: 1- To honor what was announced about the swap allowed time lapse. 2- To end Bee1 mining. 3- To bring trust by killing unswapped coins instead of stealing them from those that for whatever reason didn't swapped. 4- To put and and to this stage and move on asap.

What you think?

True mate , I agree also it would be good as a community on what's best for BEE , as per discussed with Cryptohunter people who couldn't swap will have to send me their wallet.dat and will only be compensated for mined coins if any on the BEE1 chain till only the 7th of June , 2014.

~SoopY~

So, maybe it's time to update / clean the OP, state that swap is officially over + mention that people who couldn't swap will have to send you their wallet.dat and will only be compensated for mined coins if any on the BEE1 chain till 7th of June , 2014.

Then we only need to decide what should be done with never-ever swapped coins ... , then make a statement about that, and honor it.

Fair enough?

In CryptoEnergy we trust
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
I thought this coin was dead? On which exchanges is it beeing traded?

Allcoin.com Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I thought this coin was dead? On which exchanges is it beeing traded?
legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Hello All,

~SoopY~

Options:

What you think?

~SoopY~
In CryptoEnergy we trust
Hello All,

~SoopY~

Options:

What you think?

legendary
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Hello All,

~SoopY~
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I understand some ppl are left to swap their coins, but if they haven't been paying attention to BEE, they can't care too much about it. It's been a long time since BEEv1 could be considered mine-able so they have moved on.  I agree the mining on BEEv1 needs to end sooner than later.  Preferably sooner.

Let's put BEEv1 beehind us and focus on the future of BEEv2.  I really like the idea behind it and right now, all this swapping is detracting from progress.

If you considered 2-3 weeks of swapping Bee to Bee2 is ample time, then something is amissed.    This will not make Bee2 community from progressing when shutting down other miners from swapping.  It seems like every miner "to each his/her own."

Since there are so many unswapped coins left, B1 swapping should continue.  It will benefit the community and serve as the B2 promo.

We need to stop mining on Bee1, that's why the swap process needs to end. We may also want to consider the possibility of killing those unswapped coins to bring an extra dose of TRUST to potential investors.
Say what you mean, mean what you say. The swap process already got 1 extra week, I think it's time to finish this stage.

So none of the community members, except You are potential investors?   Not everyone is on the same page as you.  Your time-line is too short.

One of the strong points of BeeCoin is that it was not premined. Zero pre-mine. If we take the unswapped coins ... it may look close to a premine, and it may look like stealing to those that didn't swapped their coins for whatever reason. Killing those coins looks like the right thing to do, in my opinion.
For giveaways and such we already have the foundation coins that are already designated to development and promotion.
Of course, I also respect the opinion of other members, and I will support the community decisions. I'm just sharing my point of view.

It's cool. Everyone is entitled his/her opinions.... Cheers...
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I missed the swap time, can I get this done now?

p.s., the old wallet is not sync, can someone tell me the nodes (guess this is reason)?
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
I understand some ppl are left to swap their coins, but if they haven't been paying attention to BEE, they can't care too much about it. It's been a long time since BEEv1 could be considered mine-able so they have moved on.  I agree the mining on BEEv1 needs to end sooner than later.  Preferably sooner.

Let's put BEEv1 beehind us and focus on the future of BEEv2.  I really like the idea behind it and right now, all this swapping is detracting from progress.
In CryptoEnergy we trust
Since there are so many unswapped coins left, B1 swapping should continue.  It will benefit the community and serve as the B2 promo.

We need to stop mining on Bee1, that's why the swap process needs to end. We may also want to consider the possibility of killing those unswapped coins to bring an extra dose of TRUST to potential investors.
Say what you mean, mean what you say. The swap process already got 1 extra week, I think it's time to finish this stage.

So none of the community members, except You are potential investors?   Not everyone is on the same page as you.  Your time-line is too short.

One of the strong points of BeeCoin is that it was not premined. Zero pre-mine. If we take the unswapped coins ... it may look close to a premine, and it may look like stealing to those that didn't swapped their coins for whatever reason. Killing those coins looks like the right thing to do, in my opinion.
For giveaways and such we already have the foundation coins that are already designated to development and promotion.
Of course, I also respect the opinion of other members, and I will support the community decisions. I'm just sharing my point of view.
Activity: 56
good work like they are showing i am just waiting for thier launching need to do it fast here members are waiting to mine it i just also wanna to do it ,,,

legendary
We need to elect a community manager.

who is up for this task?

Soopy is very busy because he manages a lot of different coin projects. He is the dev for the coin but is not really responsible for the marketing side of things. Nobody has time to do everything.

Who here would want to take over and be in charge of organising the giveaways for social media etc? thinking up new projects etc.

There would be a beecoin wage or % for doing this work of course. That is what the tax is for and the remaining coins can be put to this use too.

How about greedy john?  or is there someone else that would care to do it?

Pages:
Jump to: