Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 23. (Read 94385 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Ben needs to update us a bit more often, even if the update is just "no news today" or something.

I agree, each day I get more skeptical about it's future...
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Ben needs to update us a bit more often, even if the update is just "no news today" or something.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
Well I see Benjamins are cheaper which is good; Stock up on the coins of the blockchain of true worth.  But so far as I can see, the 100 coins per block is still in effect.  Ben, let's get some commo into this thread as to your hard work.  In the meantime I will just bounce the thread here and scheme to bring more miners online from my friends and neighbors who need a little help to get started.

As I said above, a good blockchain and mining crew, will be useful during world war, just as in 1776. 

Also, here is the HF channel to listen for rare EACs and the super rare "SKYKING" messages [ http://www.milaircomms.com/ghfs.html ] which are happening far more these days, just as they did right after 9/11.  [ http://www.liveatc.net/search/f.php?freq=11175 ]  ...All just prelude to war and capital flight (bullish for crypto).   ...Not to mention fiatleak going crazy with BTC being bought by China (ditches US Treasuries no doubt).

So, it is with an iron will and a fiercely liberty filled heart that one mines Benjmains in these hours.  Only coins with spine and truth will matter once the SHTF.

Or, maybe peace will continue globally.  That would be fine I am sure.  But, if not, then be sure you have the means to trade with your fellowman without the sheriff of nottingham being able to confiscate.  Metals are easily detected and dug from Earth, but the family who has cryptocoin skills, will do well in the future, methinks.  Indeed, by gifting Benjamins to you loved ones, and then mining them ongoing, is a cry to the future.  The spirit of family, and of right foundations, is for any of us to take up as our light.  Ah yes, the electrons are gathering in the clouds above, the kite is being bashed by high winds, and we sense lightning ready to strike, and enter the key.  1.21 gigawatts, flowing into a key, held by a fine spirit hand, can power almost anything!
American1973
Wth Ben, you think you get days off or something? Wink

Hehe your question for some reason made me think of Ebeneezer Scrooge and how he would speak to his worker.  But although Benjamin Franklin DID also see the value in saving coins, I think he was also aware of something much much larger than the caricature called "Scrooge".

One thing I must say about that, is the most excellent Hollywodd film "A Christmas Carol" by Bob Zemekis which stars the voice of some awesome actors.  Well, there is a moment when the ghost of Christmas Past takes Ebeneezer into the past to see his old boss, "Pfennywig" or whatever his name, he is a jolly robust sized man.  Scrooge and all dance happily in the joyful memories of the past.

Well see, this old boss of Scrooge's the joyful one, he certainly taught Scrooge how to value wealth.  And yet, he is not lacking in joy.  He is bubbling with joy and also prudence.  But Scrooge only picked up part of the lesson his master had intended, and this is the true revelation of the ghosts of Christmas' past and present and future.

So, I think there is a lesson in this filmic masterpiece by master celluloid craftsman Bob Z, who also made Back to the Future, probably the greatest trilogy of films ever made, and that lesson is that one can value savings and frugality, but one can also choose to be joyous or to not.

But anyway Poogasm, as to doing hard work and saving for a good future, I think Satoshi's idea has appeal in that direction.  And not just one blockchain, but several, if we consider how much the world's GDP is, and that the gold ETF market is about to collapse utterly, I expect 100s of billions of dollars will be forced to flow through cryptocoins, which is a preetty big deal, in terms of wartime capital flight and control attempts.  Certainly, money is the new (and old) weapon of nation states.

Oh, also I am now thinking of Back to the Future drawing 1.21 gigawatts of electricity from a bolt of lightning, then I think it also becomes reasonable to discuss Bob Zemekis in a much larger light.  Indeed he is one of the true lighthouses in this time.  Well, imo.

Anyway, I say continue to mine Benjamins, continue to buy and gift them and find ways for his spirit to assist us in the 1776 discussion which is coming henceforth.  Also, let's get Ben the help he needs.
Wth Ben, you think you get days off or something? Wink

American1973
Looks like transaction fees maybe? The 100 is hard coded in the source I just checked so that's the only logical explanation from what I see

Well, I had been pushing the thing for a few days so when that block got found and I got 3000+ BEN for it, I was happy, but I am more glad to see that the round payout is still intact if what you are saying is true, that's fine.  I am still mining.  What other coin hath the spirit of 1776 in it? 
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Looks like transaction fees maybe? The 100 is hard coded in the source I just checked so that's the only logical explanation from what I see
American1973
BEN,

Can you please enlighten us why this block was worth so much?

Block #24247

http://198.147.23.176:2750/block/000000000000023c734aebe1105093fc2969b654031a120898595bc46c151d36

Thanks!

Well I would assume he is working on the fork, as described.  The last block seems to have paid 100 BEN so that would be back to normal, but the predictives on the pool show the larger amount.  People want more coins, miners seem to enjoy that, so probably he is working on that to appease them.  From the other thread you can see how hard it is to fork and coordinate with miners.
legendary
American1973
Seems the block explorer is gone now too....

Well that page has been a little flakey lately I haven't been able to pull it up as fast as other times. 
legendary
Seems the block explorer is gone now too....
legendary
Okay with the last block completion I am now seeing suddenly 5x as many Benjamins on my hasher.ca wallet and Bens per hours is up by factor of 5x so it appears things are happening.

I have no idea what happened with that last block... the reward was 3,684.01 BEN! I've made no changes to the wallet...

BEN, what's up?
American1973
Okay with the last block completion I am now seeing suddenly 5x as many Benjamins on my hasher.ca wallet and Bens per hours is up by factor of 5x so it appears things are happening.
American1973
Try pm'ing s4w3d0ff the developer of CGA, he had to make a similar change there, and he may be willing to help, though it is scrypt not SHA.  Don't know if that would matter.

Here is his thread, it is very informative:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.2220

The max amount of CGA that can come into existence in your lifetime will be around 16 million. That makes the max per year around 200k, and fastest that CGA can be mined out of it's 10 billion coins at +50k years. Which makes CGA the longest mine-able coin that does not half, gives you "whole" number block rewards, and can be considered a "rare coin". What this means is that CGA will be profitable to mine for generations to come. Your children's children's children's children will be getting the same block rewards you are getting now.

Code:

Scrypt Based
Block Reward: 1/diff (unless diff is < 3; then 1/3 CGA)
Bonus Block: if diff > 3 and (block# % diff) < 0.25; then reward = 1 CGA
Block Time: 40 seconds
Difficulty Refresh: 80 seconds/2 blocks
Max Anomalies: 10 Billion

Quote from: brother3 on Today at 08:38:59 PM
Why is my wallet keeps disconnecting/reconnecting trying to sync (with the message "0 hours behind")?

[answer] We are trying to get all the nodes on the same chain, that might be the reason. The nodes are constantly going on and off while we reset the daemons. Everyone is putting in a full days work on this one (with no pay) so bare with us.

^^^ Interesting to observe the coordination needed, apparently when they fork with success, there is much coordination required.

I like the idea of math based ongoing rewards, but also I like his notion of coin rarity.  Let us agree that Benjamins are as rare as good sense!

But also never forget that new people will be coming into mining, so coordinating with your miners seems key from what I am reading.
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
Try pm'ing s4w3d0ff the developer of CGA, he had to make a similar change there, and he may be willing to help, though it is scrypt not SHA.  Don't know if that would matter.
American1973
Trying to find someone confident (and trustworthy) enough to help with the fork. The goal is the original parameters, merged mining is going by the wayside like you guys wanted. I can easily change the numbers to get 64 second blocks and retargeting once an hour, but changing those two numbers in a fork is giving me problems. I can change anything else easily, but those two...I must be doing it wrong

I haven't given up, just trying to find someone trustworthy and reliable to help me out. If there was any other problem with the coin, I could fix it, but for some reason the block target time and retargeting are a pain in the ass.

I could fork it right now with an update, but if you didn't update immediately, you would be on the old fork. The problem I'm having is setting a specific block to change them at. Changing them is easy, but getting it to do it at a certain block (or unix time) is giving me issues  Sad

You've described it well.  Pick a forward looking target block here in the group, and then that specific help you need will flow to you.  At this rate, any forward block will do.

edit

on 3/10: block 24226
on 3/17: block 24246

We are working on block 24247 for 101 hours Cheesy

So 20 blocks in one week means extremely high difficulty, as others have described.  Although I have obnoxiously mouthed off a bit, it seems more coins is the best way for you to link up with the transaction-friendly Paysha plan.  I think it's okay, a lot of people hold a lot more Benjamins than I do, or have gifted them and would like to see them be more useful.

Don't you just need to update your mining pools and then the pools will switch to your new blockchain?  I suppose you could set a 72 hour forward looking window and probably you would get some decent help at that point.
Activity: 140
Trying to find someone confident (and trustworthy) enough to help with the fork. The goal is the original parameters, merged mining is going by the wayside like you guys wanted. I can easily change the numbers to get 64 second blocks and retargeting once an hour, but changing those two numbers in a fork is giving me problems. I can change anything else easily, but those two...I must be doing it wrong

I haven't given up, just trying to find someone trustworthy and reliable to help me out. If there was any other problem with the coin, I could fix it, but for some reason the block target time and retargeting are a pain in the ass.

I could fork it right now with an update, but if you didn't update immediately, you would be on the old fork. The problem I'm having is setting a specific block to change them at. Changing them is easy, but getting it to do it at a certain block (or unix time) is giving me issues  Sad
American1973
Yeah pitythepool was going good with Henry Ford leading the way. but has been flat lately.  I am on hasher.ca just keeping it alive.  These are early establishing days, and all cryptocoins are being beaten to .5 their values at least, so, Benjamins can fly under the radar for a while.  There have been only a few consistent miners I have seen. 

So yeah, Ben will reply when he can.  I would say both merge mining and difficulty adjustment are options, but in truth, the best thing to be done is just encourage more friends and new people, to invest in a few Ants and mine Benjamins for the principle of sound money.  In terms of tools to get the families discussing money and mints, and minting, and money creation, I think Benjamins are a great tool and I am planning to assist whenever OP shows up.  Maybe there could be a group teleconference or go2meeting for Benjamins??

When OP tends to it, the network will move faster, wallets, TX, and of course blocks found. No worries tho, the future is gonna be bullish for all cryptocoins.  Mining any good blockchain these days, makes cents, which in the future will be dimes at least imo.
legendary
I appear to be the highest hashrate at pitythepool now. With an Antminer U1...

edit: Good question Crackfoo.

yeah, my pool only has 35Gh/s but the network has 460Gh/s but not on any of the listed pools...
Pages:
Jump to: