Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 24. (Read 94385 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I appear to be the highest hashrate at pitythepool now. With an Antminer U1...

edit: Good question Crackfoo.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Haven't heard from the OP in a number of days... whats the status I wonder?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
Thanks for the reply, however, having let it run for a few hours, it is not so much slow as stuck.  It has stopped at block 24246.

Any ideas?

Yes, 24247 is the current block, and has been for a while now, hence the idea of diff adjust upcoming.  So, I am sure Ben will get the help he is seeking in terms of difficulty adjust.  So yeah, at this point there are only a few people bench pressing Benjamin miners through this current difficulty.  So, we need more miners.  Having wallets sync has to do with the blockchain moving, and so we need more miners.  I am sure it will happen in time.
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
Thanks for the reply, however, having let it run for a few hours, it is not so much slow as stuck.  It has stopped at block 24246.

Any ideas?
American1973
My wallet is not sync'ing - any advice for nodes in the conf file, which I assume is called benjamins.conf?  I have tried some and all of the nodes listed in the OP.

Here is my BEN config file which works okay:

Code:
benjamins-qt -server -seednode=198.147.23.176

Thank you very much. That appears to be working though synchronising is very slooooow ...

Yes, that's due to the low amount of miners like myself pushing through the difficulty here.  This is due to past pages whereby it is explained that BEN's difficulty doesn't allow craploads of coins, which people like.  In terms of a blockchain though, what you need, are miners.

So, when there are more of those, then there will be much faster sync of wallets and transactions times. I am hoping more miners will come online with their SHA-256 gear like bit eruptor cube which is cheaper now.  Anyone can throw down 50 bucks to get some dedicated Benjamins hashing power.  Even if 100 people gift 100 Antminers (35 bucks each) to friends who run them occasionally, it would do two things, 1: It would start conversations about REAL money, in terms of cryptocoin, and this thread, where I am available to answer questions about the US Constitution, and the founding fathers like Benjamin Franklin.  And 2: It would bring up the hashing power of the Benjmains blockchain and therefore make transactions faster, wallets sync faster, etc...

In any task, like keeping a blockchain going, and nurturing it, one has to field all comments.  So there are those who feel a coin is "dead" if it be not able to spit out tons of coins.  In terms of transaction rapidity, that's always been true: Low float of coins means people cannot really do day to day transactions.  So it is, at the moment, with Benjamins.

And yet, to me, the very act of mining, has nothing to do with coinwarz, and schemes.  The best blockchain so far, is BTC, and that is due to adoption of it, by forces beyond anyone's control.  Sure, people like to look at their wallet and see 1000s of coins, but for example my dogecoin is dropping in value like a turd dropping to the ground.  So why all the cycles for doge wasn't it a joke coin from the beginning?  

Well, if you are going to rouse Ben Franklin, you are going to have a blockchain of good worth.  And at this point, Ben has that.  I like the outrageous difficulty, I think the arguments against it are true, yet only notionally relevant in the face of 99% of humans yet to understand or adopt cryptocoin.

I am understanding that Ben at this time is working to adjust the difficulty as he said just above, and that is fine.  What would be good in terms of the blockchain would be to continue mining if only for the single hope that some good aspect of the founding fathers will somehow be used to forge a tool for the people themselves.  As I said, Benjamin Franklin started the first libraries in the USA by encouraging people to share their book collections.  Indeed, sharing knowledge, produces profit for all who lend out their books, taking a risk as before libraries.  So trust was required.

So too, using a blockchain as a conduit for exchange, requires trueness and much discussion.  I am sure Ben will respond once he gets time.  I have no problem mining a coin with spine.  Even if it stays as it is, it represents a truly classic blockchain.  But the true solutions to making a coin great will always be found in adding more _miners_.  And this doesn't always mean the old salty dogs who've mined for years.  they are way outnumbered by n00bs due to enter.

Now, how does one inspire more miners from the "noobs" i.e. new adopters?  Well, as with AOL and the Internet, I am sure it will just happen.  Indeed I tell my friends to buy mining gear if they can, simply because it is like body armor or anything else that protects you in bad times; The ability to participate in a blockchain and hold wallets, means the ability to transact when the King has said thou shalt not transact.  And that day is coming.  So choose your blockchain according to your will, and guard your gear as if it were gold itself.  Because, in many ways, it is.
My wallet is not sync'ing - any advice for nodes in the conf file, which I assume is called benjamins.conf?  I have tried some and all of the nodes listed in the OP.

Code:

Thank you very much. That appears to be working though synchronising is very slooooow ...
Price is dropping and I have nothing to buy em up with.  Undecided
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
OP, I sent you a PM with a fix on your difficulty, unless you're having other issues..
American1973
why does it hate me and not display?

bah.

Did you use img tags?

Anyway, the sentiment is appreciated.   Wink
why does it hate me and not display?

bah.
American1973
My advice at these levels is to just gobble up and hold BEN at the exchange of your choice, or download them locally thereafter.  At these prices why not get a wallet at Ben's wallet site: http://www.benjaminsbaby.com/paperwallet.html  ...and gift a few thousand BEN to the youngster of your choice?  It will make them think about money in a whole new way, if you are also able to explain mining to them, and help them purchase a simple mining rig or even a little USB ant, so they can contribute to Benjamins.  Indeed, the real market for cryptocoin is the non-informed masses.  All the current players are far outnumbered by these 99% who know nothing of cryptocoin.  Therefore, spread the word about BEN and its forthright philosophy as to good true money, and get more miners on the map.  That would be good.

In the meantime, I am mining 24/7.  I know with all these bitcoin shenanigans, Benjamin Franklin hearkens near.  He prefereth his face be used for true money such as verifiable maths and/or bullion, not fiat debt paper.  Therefore the blockchain is perfect for him.  Keys are what he is known for, and cryptocoin is the key, to freedom from tyranny, sayeth he.
American1973
My wallet is not sync'ing - any advice for nodes in the conf file, which I assume is called benjamins.conf?  I have tried some and all of the nodes listed in the OP.

Code:
American1973
Working on a fork to put it to 64 second blocks and adjust once an hour

Running into problems. Trying to find someone to help. I haven't abandoned it, just having issues

No problem, there is a world war going on, everyone is taxed these days.  You will get the assistance you need, Benjamin Franklin was a man of the people.  I am gladly mining BENs 24/7.  I do not bother reading other altcoin threads, I don't see anything else with the spirit of Benjamins, totally open and forthright.  Much respect and supplications to the tech gods for you Ben.
Activity: 140
Working on a fork to put it to 64 second blocks and adjust once an hour

Running into problems. Trying to find someone to help. I haven't abandoned it, just having issues
American1973
Do what you want with the coin, I will mine it as long as Benjamin Franklin is with us in spirit.  I also see diff adjust as more viable than merge mining which to me is a massive security flaw which will eventually be exploited.

Paysha, I got this from your other thread:  "This is also indirectly using Paysha as escrow, essentially verifying the transaction before the merchant is notifiedhttps://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5398298

Obviously you do need to function in this way, but am I correct in thinking long confirm times are also a window where you are vulnerable?  Obviously being in an escrow position for a day or two, could be good or bad.  So in terms of TX throughput time, can you explain how your escrow machinery works? 
Pages:
Jump to: