Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 34. (Read 94385 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I am glad to hear you are letting it run its course through the mud of true difficulty, I think that's good.  I am mining Benjamins, probably won't bother worrying about price.  Also the paper wallets and blockchain explorer give Ben some nice features.

If Ben is keeping this coin on a true diff BTC profile, then I am happier to mine it.  I just don't feel like mining to pump and dump, I intend to hold long.  Thanks Ben, I say its good to keep the backbone in your coin, the right miners will catch on to what good stuff you're doing.  Complaining about difficulty and then mining some crap coin you can get 2000 of, is basically the opposite of what creates long term value.

Hopefully others agree with you. The only thing we need to really fix it without the fork is more hashpower on the network

Thanks for sticking around, we are here for the long run, as well
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
I am glad to hear you are letting it run its course through the mud of true difficulty, I think that's good.  I am mining Benjamins, probably won't bother worrying about price.  Also the paper wallets and blockchain explorer give Ben some nice features.

If Ben is keeping this coin on a true diff BTC profile, then I am happier to mine it.  I just don't feel like mining to pump and dump, I intend to hold long.  Thanks Ben, I say its good to keep the backbone in your coin, the right miners will catch on to what good stuff you're doing.  Complaining about difficulty and then mining some crap coin you can get 2000 of, is basically the opposite of what creates long term value.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
And someone just bought up everything all the way to 4400 satoshis on Cryptsy Shocked 36k BEN

And the trading bots brought it right back down . . . Sad
Activity: 524
And someone just bought up everything all the way to 4400 satoshis on Cryptsy Shocked 36k BEN
The general consensus last night was to let it be. This will keep the block time of all 4 coins on Paysha at 10 minutes

What does this mean for Benjamins?

It's going to suck mining for a little while. The difficulty keeps increasing, because we should only be on block 4500ish right now, not 20,000. We got way ahead early because so many ASIC miners jumped on before the first few adjustments. Benjamins will become extremely hard to mine for the next month, or even longer, depending on hash rate. Paysha will support BEN even if the transactions are slow for the first few months due to the problem. Both teams feel as if 10 minute blocks are better in the long run for network and transaction security, regardless of the short term damage. Changing the difficulty now would alter the lifespan of the coin to a degree that would ruin it. It would be mined out too fast. I know it seems like it's broken, but it's the exact opposite. Benjamins network is spiking difficulty to fix itself, rather than allow more Benjamins to be mined ahead of schedule

Thanks for your continued support of Benjamins

I assume the next few pages will be extremely negative, and it's deserved, so let's have it
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I dont see the issue with 10min block times at all.
Lets face it what merchant will even look at there email to know you paid in a day anyway?
I have a couple stores running zencart and let me tell you, if i post your item the next day your really fucken lucky.....
How will 10min effect anything to do with internet merchants? I cant understand why it needs to be lower then 10min.

I'm fine with 10 min block times too.... but the coin needs to be fixed. Right now we're nearly 3 hours a block.

With 10 min blocks there is nothing to fix. It should only be on block 4200 or so which is why they are long in between right now
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Lets face it what merchant will even look at there email to know you paid in a day anyway?
I have a couple stores running zencart and let me tell you, if i post your item the next day your really fucken lucky.....
How will 10min effect anything to do with internet merchants? I cant understand why it needs to be lower then 10min.

I'm fine with 10 min block times too.... but the coin needs to be fixed. Right now we're nearly 3 hours a block.
Activity: 714
Activity: 725

*** 0% Fees *** Stratum *** VarDiff ***

Free Benjamins pool available at iSpace Mining Pools

http://ispace.co.uk

Smiley
American1973
American1973
I Can tell you right now honestly I'm Sitting on a stack as I don't particularly care if I Win or Lose as to the Price, This coin has Got Great Potential & is using it as we speak yet most People won't realise that calling it shit/copy coin & so On.

This whole KGW Difficulty is Bullsh%t, so many new coins using it with their Billions of coins makes no sense to mine, 1 person jumps on then the next and so on making diff increase insanely and people will just Mine in early Diff then wait for Diff to drop and Repeat, That's the Con of KGW yet everyone is adopting it....

IMHO Bitcoin Difficulty & Litecoin Difficulty are by far the Most Stable to keep a coin's network active with Decent Rewards to Miners !

I agree, but what of the issue of merchant being perhaps defrauded within the 2-hours long window?  Perhaps the merchant won't care so much, so long as TX is done correctly unlike
Gox with their extra-blockchain system that eventually went poof.

Why for example does the merchant care if TX takes so long?  All of business runs on credit, so why can't the blockchain just be seen the same way? Why is that 2 hours of time for full crediting, actually an issue, if the merchant is properly prepared for that to be so?

Anyway, let's get some of these new people who bought cubes, up and running, and hashing Benjamins.  I say it's got electricity.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
I Can tell you right now honestly I'm Sitting on a stack as I don't particularly care if I Win or Lose as to the Price, This coin has Got Great Potential & is using it as we speak yet most People won't realise that calling it shit/copy coin & so On.

This whole KGW Difficulty is Bullsh%t, so many new coins using it with their Billions of coins makes no sense to mine, 1 person jumps on then the next and so on making diff increase insanely High and people will just Mine in early Diff then wait for Diff to drop and Repeat, That's the Con of KGW yet everyone is adopting it....

IMHO Bitcoin Difficulty & Litecoin Difficulty are by far the Most Stable to keep a coin's network active with Decent Rewards to Miners !
I don't care.
Just bought several thousands, move to cold storage, close all the web and wait for 6 or 12 months later.

Could always use the paper wallets  Smiley

http://www.benjaminsbaby.com/paperwallet.html
American1973
I don't care.
Just bought several thousands, move to cold storage, close all the web and wait for 6 or 12 months later.

Your grandchildren will thank you.  Don't lose the key  Cool
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
I don't care.
American1973
Woo I am top speed on hasher.ca for benjamins.  Oh and I figured out my wallet problems, they were simply network related.   benjamins wallet now syncing all good.

edit

I don't think you guys are giving enough time, this coin has a likeable difficulty in terms of not being a trashcoin from the start, for what y'all are talking, doge is the winner since they have tons of tx's but I like Benjamins because they have the potential to really catch on.  

Frankly, I will look for coins like this that have the same profile as BTC and if this one changes to fit the tx-count modality, I would probably like it less.  When I look at the charting on coinwarz, Benjamins is the only one that resembles something with growing value, and the name is pretty good I think.

Well anyway I am glad to be helping but if you stick to it and wrangle more SHA miners (get these new cubes people are buying and win them over to our side) then the muscle will make the tx situation better.  I would prefer to mine coins that are set with a long-term value scheme, I sense one of these BTC offspring will have the right mix of market and support and magic.  I feel Ben could have that.
legendary
You could probably fork it at 24240 and it'd be plenty of time.
legendary
Next Network Block   24198    (Current: 24197)
Last Block Found   24194
Time Since Last Block   5 hours 6 minutes 25 seconds

moved only 3 blocks in 5 hours.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Correct in what the target is currently. Difficulty is making sense if you use those numbers in the math. The block count is way ahead of where we should be with that target time

Ahh, I think I get it - the diff retarget is using the current bock height versus expected block height to determine next difficulty, rather than current network block time.  That explains the huge diff jump, we *should* be at block ~4400 right now

So, this coin is pretty much a clone of BTC, with 10 min block times and 2-week retarget, just with different rewards structure.

My vote goes to a fork asap.  The much, much longer block times not only affect mining but all transactions on the network - BEN is now looking at 30+ minutes per confirmation which will not stand a chance against other coins if the plan is to use BEN for purchasing power through payment providers such as Paysha.

I vote for forking back to the announced coin parameters of 64 second block times, and a much shorter diff retarget, something closer to 60 blocks (~1 hour) rather than 2016.  Just my $0.02

This would affect people trying to buy a soda with it, yes. However, retailers and merchants are used to 2-3 days for transfers via ACH. If it were to stay at 10 minute blocks, it would allow Paysha to process payments earlier than 6 confirmations. Also, in the long run, 10 minute block times are much more secure than 64 seconds. The other 3 coins are secured by large hashrates, Benjamins doesn't have that yet, so the longer block times would help it stay safer, if anyone cares what I think about the situation

It doesn't matter to us either way, but it is our responsibility to give pros and cons for both options as an outside observer. It's pretty close to Bitcoin's numbers, but Bitcoin also started with just CPU mining, so it is a fairly interesting idea showing the impact ASIC miners would have had on Bitcoin when it first launched

Either way, we will still process Benjamins payments, whether it forks or not

I agree 2-3 days for ACH transfers is pretty normal, but that's more on the back-end, not at the point-of-sale.  

Right now BEN is looking at 30+ minutes per confirmation just to send coins.  That means if you go to a website, buy stuff, checkout and pay with BEN, the merchant can't know whether he was paid for something like 2-3 hours (length of time for 4-6 confirmations).  It would be like if you swiped your card at Best Buy and the checkout clerk had to wait for 3 hours before she knew your card was approved.  That just can't work.

Cryptocurrencies will probably never offer the same "instant approval" that credit card processing does, but waiting 15 minutes or so is a pretty acceptable compromise in trade for much, much lower fees and much, much less regulatory hassle.  30 minutes per confirmation just isn't going to work.  

At current network hashrates BEN will be stuck with 30 minute confirmations for the next 42 days.  As the days go on, unless BEN's exchange prices go up dramatically, this will increase to 60 minutes or longer, as more miners bail due to the extremely low profitability of this coin.  It will be months before the diff adjusts again and gets us back down to "normal" 10-minute block times.

If anything - I think this goes to show (yet again) that the original BitCoin parameters do *NOT* work in today's world of high-powered ASIC's and drive-by miners.  BTC is only able to stay alive with these parameters due to its massive network hashrate - it's just too big to be swung one way or another.  

Today's coins *require* faster confirmation times and faster difficulty adjustments, or they fail.  EVERY semi-successful coin I have been involved with over the past 6 months that has started with > 1 hour diff retarget has eventually been forced to implement KGW or retarget after every block.  Unfortunately that's just the way it is now

Keeping it at 10 minutes would make our life a lot easier, I should say, since all 4 coins on the site would be the same block times

If a fork were to happen, I would suggest merged mining. That would speed it up quite a bit, but destroy the price most likely. Otherwise I wouldn't bother changing it, but it's not up to me. I don't think they are really trying to be the new groundbreaking coin, but more of a solid system that can be used for payments
Activity: 532
Correct in what the target is currently. Difficulty is making sense if you use those numbers in the math. The block count is way ahead of where we should be with that target time

Ahh, I think I get it - the diff retarget is using the current bock height versus expected block height to determine next difficulty, rather than current network block time.  That explains the huge diff jump, we *should* be at block ~4400 right now

So, this coin is pretty much a clone of BTC, with 10 min block times and 2-week retarget, just with different rewards structure.

My vote goes to a fork asap.  The much, much longer block times not only affect mining but all transactions on the network - BEN is now looking at 30+ minutes per confirmation which will not stand a chance against other coins if the plan is to use BEN for purchasing power through payment providers such as Paysha.

I vote for forking back to the announced coin parameters of 64 second block times, and a much shorter diff retarget, something closer to 60 blocks (~1 hour) rather than 2016.  Just my $0.02

This would affect people trying to buy a soda with it, yes. However, retailers and merchants are used to 2-3 days for transfers via ACH. If it were to stay at 10 minute blocks, it would allow Paysha to process payments earlier than 6 confirmations. Also, in the long run, 10 minute block times are much more secure than 64 seconds. The other 3 coins are secured by large hashrates, Benjamins doesn't have that yet, so the longer block times would help it stay safer, if anyone cares what I think about the situation

It doesn't matter to us either way, but it is our responsibility to give pros and cons for both options as an outside observer. It's pretty close to Bitcoin's numbers, but Bitcoin also started with just CPU mining, so it is a fairly interesting idea showing the impact ASIC miners would have had on Bitcoin when it first launched

Either way, we will still process Benjamins payments, whether it forks or not

I agree 2-3 days for ACH transfers is pretty normal, but that's more on the back-end, not at the point-of-sale.  

Right now BEN is looking at 30+ minutes per confirmation just to send coins.  That means if you go to a website, buy stuff, checkout and pay with BEN, the merchant can't know whether he was paid for something like 2-3 hours (length of time for 4-6 confirmations).  It would be like if you swiped your card at Best Buy and the checkout clerk had to wait for 3 hours before she knew your card was approved.  That just can't work.

Cryptocurrencies will probably never offer the same "instant approval" that credit card processing does, but waiting 15 minutes or so is a pretty acceptable compromise in trade for much, much lower fees and much, much less regulatory hassle.  30 minutes per confirmation just isn't going to work.  

At current network hashrates BEN will be stuck with 30 minute confirmations for the next 42 days.  As the days go on, unless BEN's exchange prices go up dramatically, this will increase to 60 minutes or longer, as more miners bail due to the extremely low profitability of this coin.  It will be months before the diff adjusts again and gets us back down to "normal" 10-minute block times.

If anything - I think this goes to show (yet again) that the original BitCoin parameters do *NOT* work in today's world of high-powered ASIC's and drive-by miners.  BTC is only able to stay alive with these parameters due to its massive network hashrate - it's just too big to be swung one way or another.  

Today's coins *require* faster confirmation times and faster difficulty adjustments, or they fail.  EVERY semi-successful coin I have been involved with over the past 6 months that has started with > 1 hour diff retarget has eventually been forced to implement KGW or retarget after every block.  Unfortunately that's just the way it is now.

Pages:
Jump to: