Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 29. (Read 94385 times)

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hi guys, I'm on Pitythepool! and seem to be building up hundreds of unconfirmed coins.  Any idea what's preventing them from becoming confirmed?

umm yes. the network needs to find 120 more blocks before a block is confirmed. read back in the thread to see why they are so slow.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
myBitcoin.Garden
Hi guys, I'm on Pitythepool! and seem to be building up hundreds of unconfirmed coins.  Any idea what's preventing them from becoming confirmed?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Updated OP

Benjamins confirmed to be accepted payment for the PaySha.com launch
Exchanging Benjamins (15 trading markets)

Live Chart
http://kryptokursy.pl/BEN

Benjamins now on the Cryptsy BTC market
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/157

Benjamins now on Swisscex in the BTC, LTC, and DOGE markets
| BEN/BTC | BEN/LTC | BEN/DOGE |

Benjamins now on CryptoRush in the BTC, LTC, and DOGE markets
| BEN/BTC | BEN/LTC | BEN/DOGE |

Benjamins on OpenEx
https://openex.pw/index.php?page=trade&market=121

Benjamins on Coins2TheMoon
https://coins2themoon.com

I'm pleased to announce https://CryptX.io is now the first exchange to trade BEN

Benjamins has been added at Coin-Swap.net

Benjamins will be on LazyCoins at launch
http://www.LazyCoins.com

I see Benjamins is on https://coins2themoon.com

damn, no super cheap coins waiting for me to pounce on em. Sad

Just wait, I'm sure someone will try to dump some
Activity: 168
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I think legitimate, widespread pos systems for Bitcoin are still a year away at least.  The technology isn't the road block. Its getting the system widespread
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
American1973
whats this smoeone needs concept POS system? I could clone coinkite's terminal in a couple days using rasberrypi...
could even make a benjamins ATM using rasberrypi and some hardware addons, and a little bit of code.

Precisely, I don't doubt you could.

Indeed, there aren't any really new ideas, unless like Satoshi, you can prove it.  Everyone else is a remora on his belly.

Sure buddy no doubt your terminal would work.  BUT, how to make it theftproof?  It is well to frustrate the thieving assholes, and we need to do this first.  Like, someone responsible has to build a functional handrail, before some pack of skateboarding tech experts do grinds on it, knowmsayin?

So, it does seem like some payment process is due to arrive, but will it be delivered by wall street?  God, I pray not.  I mine Benjamins if only to preserve the notion of real money in America.  Well, bitcoin is the big one but they have lots of crime to deal with now.  As for SHA, I'd say Benjamins have the possibility to be a coin with good faith from the start.  But yes, as is being explained, bitcoin was meant to be mined by low level computers so we are ahead in the difficulty.  BUT what matters really, is # of coins in the float.

Even the trashcoins wich have maximized their float utterly, have use as vehicles, as many people use doge for conduit, money sits there at shit levels quite nicely while waiting a day to go to wherever.  So, cryptocoins formost, are waiting for something with leadership and integrity.  I am comfortable spending a few loss leading pennies on electricity to mine Benjamins.  I could change pools but not worried about it.  There is more being earned these days than just some electropennies, there is also, credibility.  And that's hard to come by.
Activity: 714
whats this smoeone needs concept POS system? I could clone coinkite's terminal in a couple days using rasberrypi...
could even make a benjamins ATM using rasberrypi and some hardware addons, and a little bit of code.
Last time I had a physical cash register, it was basically a computer with an SD card and everything
American1973
@ cryptocoin guy you are right.  Probably we have many of the same ideas.  As we all know, ideas are up for grabs and are usually won by whomever fights the hardest, witness Edison v. Tesla or so we are told.

But, I know for a fact the today's POS terminal register touchscreen does have at least a 3-400 watt compact powersupply and probably runs windows scripted OS of some kind.  Indeed, the register has become a computer, if you observe drug stores, which is my background.  I am also trained in drug dispensing robots, LOL, which are really fun to work on, but also to contemplate.  I don't think anyone is as entertained by the simple and everyday, as I am.  But, when I would tell people that the drug dispensing robot is alive, haha, well they would look at me funny.

Anyway, it is literally just open game for crime.  Myself, I was raised not to steal, I can't explain it, it's kinda stupid not to steal, but, I think maybe Ben Franklin would respect a yound lad who stealeth-not?  Ah yes, and so the transaction location (the cash register) is where all the concerns and companies flock.  Everyone wants to make a nickle off every transaction.

But, I am more interested in Benjamins, than nickles.  That's just me I guess.
Activity: 524
Sorry CryptoGuy I didn't mean to sound harsh.

Have you ever played the game "Fallout"?  Well, what we need, are PIPBOYS.  Seriously, have you seen the commericial where some wack-future is presented to us, where we actually SWIPE a plastic card on a swiper that plugs into our tablet?  Like, wut?  

But then, tablets themselves, are 100% not designed at all with security in mind.  That is because, security people are boring in meetings, sad to say.  And people like me, when we see the security guy not talking in the meeting, we know the meeting is another corporate fellatio session for whomever is the manager de jour of that meeting.  And, after the meeting, guys like me go up to the security guy, who is paid 3x what we are paid, and ask him why did you not say anything? And he will say "I did and they didn't listen. [shrug]"

So, in terms of what we REALLY need, I'd say we need Pipboys first of all.  So, Raspberry Pi is of course the leading PipBoy platform, and yes, your excellent point about efficiency does matter there, indeed, because I want my PipBoy to be a wallet/transaction device, as well as a dosemeter.  Does the Raspberry Pi have a rads detector yet?  If not, let's build that first.

But yes, in terms of multiple reasons, you are right, efficiency does matter.  But, adoption of the tech, has to be based on rock-solid security like think payphones type.  Early cash registers were a hundreds-pounds vault with a giant lever and such.  Nowadays, the newest NCR terminal, is some OS underneath like all the rest.  Indeed, not one single bit of crypto has gone into 300+ years of cash register research.  Until now.

Benjamin F. himself is with us, I can feel his common sense coming close to this thread as we ponder the costs of the future.

No worries. I'm thinking about it from the perspective of the business owner. If someone made a pitch to me and said I'd have to run this 400W cube that puts out all this heat, and oh yeah, you'll need this power supply hooked up to it too...  Undecided I wouldn't bother. Now if it was a sleek little machine that takes up a few inches of counter space and also accepts tips? That would be much more appealing than two boxes you have to hide in a closet or under the counter.

Edit: And it doesn't just have to be tips. If someone were to make a POS machine out of it where it can multi-functional and accept transactions, track purchases and support tips and whatnot, then you've got yourself something. I just don't see a business burning that much electricity for something that doesn't technically help their business. After all, transactions will still be validated by the rest of the network.
American1973
Sorry CryptoGuy I didn't mean to sound harsh.

Have you ever played the game "Fallout"?  Well, what we need, are PIPBOYS.  Seriously, have you seen the commericial where some wack-future is presented to us, where we actually SWIPE a plastic card on a swiper that plugs into our tablet?  Like, wut? 

But then, tablets themselves, are 100% not designed at all with security in mind.  That is because, security people are boring in meetings, sad to say.  And people like me, when we see the security guy not talking in the meeting, we know the meeting is another corporate fellatio session for whomever is the manager de jour of that meeting.  And, after the meeting, guys like me go up to the security guy, who is paid 3x what we are paid, and ask him why did you not say anything? And he will say "I did and they didn't listen. [shrug]"

So, in terms of what we REALLY need, I'd say we need Pipboys first of all.  So, Raspberry Pi is of course the leading PipBoy platform, and yes, your excellent point about efficiency does matter there, indeed, because I want my PipBoy to be a wallet/transaction device, as well as a dosemeter.  Does the Raspberry Pi have a rads detector yet?  If not, let's build that first.

But yes, in terms of multiple reasons, you are right, efficiency does matter.  But, adoption of the tech, has to be based on rock-solid security like think payphones type.  Early cash registers were a hundreds-pounds vault with a giant lever and such.  Nowadays, the newest NCR terminal, is some OS underneath like all the rest.  Indeed, not one single bit of crypto has gone into 300+ years of cash register research.  Until now.

Benjamin F. himself is with us, I can feel his common sense coming close to this thread as we ponder the costs of the future.
American1973
Good idea but a more efficient miner is needed. 400W is a lot of power and extra heat for them to deal with.

I have sat in so many meetings, where nobody was smart enough to really say anything smart.  Or, they were smart enough not to speak when dipshits were running the meeting.

So, you are answering my idea, saying "No way dude, Antminers'd be better because xyz reasons"  And I do not disagree, but can you see that there will be no real solutions, while people fret over 1/1000th of pennies, as the entire world's money is prepped for 100 years to collapse on command?

I agree buddy, I have an Ant and a Cube mining Benjamins (on the wrong pool LOL) and I am "losing" money in terms of the rape fees my local municipality-crime-network, charges for electricity.  Sure. the Ant is more efficient but the "customer" wants a solution that is sealed, like what International Business Machines got its start with: CASH REGISTERS.  They need to be solid at the POS end, and they are not, at this time.  So, sure, efficiency matters, but brains matte far more, because criminals are some abused little people, and abuse and criminal environment does sharpen the mind far beyond college, I bet.

But, when the electricity goes down, I have a generator which runs off propane and puts off easily excess electrons to run my mining rigs, so, I am of the opinion that the money system will collapse and we may still be able to talk here.  And if so, the questions will not be about crapcoins, it will be about "Who has bread to trade for cryptocoins?"

Anyway, good idea.  Let's make sure thieves cannot root the system you build, as they have done so far with the existing systems.
An efficient ASIC with something like those tip bot things in that video would be sweet if all the coins were merge mined. Then Paysha could just do a pool for all 4 coins and have the miner/pos auto connect to that company's pool id

Prayer, that's not a bad suggestion, either. But by your numbers, we aren't that far off of it correcting itself in about a month
Activity: 532
We are essentially catching up by 5-7 network days, depending on that day's block times, every actual 24 hours. Which means we are only adding about 1/8 of what we are eating up

Even with such a shitty situation, we are still far ahead of many older, more established, higher market cap coins on coinwarz, and I'm not referring to merge mined. Those don't count

It's actually a little worse than that, look at the ABE explorer and check out blocks since the diff adjustment on 3/4:

March 5 the network mined a total of 6 blocks, and averaged 282 minutes per block
March 6 the network mined a total of 5 blocks, and averaged 264 minutes per block
March 7 (today) the network has mined a total of 6 blocks so far, averaging 155 minutes per block

We could give this a few more days I suppose, and see if it works out averaging to the ~80 minutes per block it should be given the hashrate and current diff, but so far it looks pretty grim.

The above post was right about PityThePool - despite only having about 1/3 of the network hashrate, it has found 18 out of the past 20 blocks.  Not sure what would cause that - maybe PityThePool is just really kickass Smiley
Activity: 524
What you need to do is think outside the box.  You need to put a miner at every merchant's register.  Cubes are 350 USD or so, there needs to be a way to get at least 30ghs or so onto the network at every node.  The solution is getting merchants to mine without their even thinking about it.

You need to think of new ideas and ignore the fools who can only think of coinraping to git more BTC.

You need a coin with better people at its core than BTC, but in the end, most people in finance --and most rich people, are exploitation-oriented.  So the critic above is like a merchant buying a side of beef.  He sees all coins as the same: profit vectors.

Well, the original pieces of eight, was actually based on the spanish real coin, which, due to debauching the coins, the American silver piece had more merit, in a sea of trashcoins.  But yes, miners often do see the trashcoins as just a springboard to "BTC per day" which is not surprising.

Anyway, the solution is to leave all the smart people behind and court merchants, and the 99% of humans who do not mine.  Let me know if you people want ideas, I'll join your conference call.

Good idea but a more efficient miner is needed. 400W is a lot of power and extra heat for them to deal with. A few Antminer U1's running off a Pi inside a small box would be more ideal as it would only be a few watts and more affordable. And you could incorporate something like this into it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-rRlNWiIEI
Pages:
Jump to: