Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!! - page 42. (Read 94385 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Hoping to get a client out with updated seeds shortly. Any of the pool ops or anyone have any other concerns with the client?

It's going to look a little bit nicer, as well

If you can edit the benjaminsd getmininginfo RPC call to return networkhashps, that will help anyone else looking to setup a pool using MPOS.  Without it, MPOS requires some custom coding to report the network hashrate & est. next difficulty numbers.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hoping to get a client out with updated seeds shortly. Any of the pool ops or anyone have any other concerns with the client?

It's going to look a little bit nicer, as well
Let me clarify. Benjamins are focused more on getting people to accept them for use rather than trying to take over the crypto market
I have always just passed over this thread.

Soooo why should i buy some?

Paysha.com Beta is said to start this weekend
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
Because the Pump and Dump. Pump wasnt yet so think about it  Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
I have always just passed over this thread.

Soooo why should i buy some?
off I go to price the backpane.
I already have a spare psu that should work.

Thanks Ben.

Look at the PSU for the blades, though. They are different. Unless you like messing with paper clips and jump starting them without a motherboard  Wink
Activity: 168
off I go to price the backpane.
I already have a spare psu that should work.

Thanks Ben.
Can I ask for some advice from the ASIC vets?

As I am SURE you all know, since I mention it all the damned time, I am mining Ben with a single Antminer U1, well, I want to expand on that, because, well, all the obvious reasons.
I was looking at Ebay and Amazon etc, found an ASICminer Block erupter cube 30 GH/s for $428, then found some single Block Erupter 10 GH/s blades on ebay for around $130-$150. The price for these is in my budget, so they are tempting, but I want some opinions/input on them. Are they worth a crap? Are they super hard to set up and keep running? etc.

I know they are not blazing fast, I am not looking to mine BTC, I am looking to mine Ben, and when/if Ben reaches such a high diff that even they are useless, a different sha256 coin.

Anyone care to put in their two cents?

I am of course, open to other hardware suggestions.

And I am not wanting the usual "just invest the money in the coin" response, I want to mine, support the network etc.

Thanks folks.

Anything under $10 per ghash is a pretty good price right now. With the blades you will be best off if you get the backpane and power supply for them, too, so you don't have to shock yourself trying to power it up. You can put up to 10 blades on one backpane and it makes life very easy
Activity: 168
Can I ask for some advice from the ASIC vets?

As I am SURE you all know, since I mention it all the damned time, I am mining Ben with a single Antminer U1, well, I want to expand on that, because, well, all the obvious reasons.
I was looking at Ebay and Amazon etc, found an ASICminer Block erupter cube 30 GH/s for $428, then found some single Block Erupter 10 GH/s blades on ebay for around $130-$150. The price for these is in my budget, so they are tempting, but I want some opinions/input on them. Are they worth a crap? Are they super hard to set up and keep running? etc.

I know they are not blazing fast, I am not looking to mine BTC, I am looking to mine Ben, and when/if Ben reaches such a high diff that even they are useless, a different sha256 coin.

Anyone care to put in their two cents?

I am of course, open to other hardware suggestions.

And I am not wanting the usual "just invest the money in the coin" response, I want to mine, support the network etc.

Thanks folks.
Its funny to watch the market. Its so small that even my few mBTC can affect it. Its like a farm. You let the fruit to grow and sometimes just buyout all low orders repeating again and again because there are still not enough buyers to be competitive. Yesterday were buyers considering as cheap everything below 6400sat today its 4800sat and lower.
I have a further question, consider me a noob.

I have a leased 2.7 ghz server with 4gb of RAM.  It has no ASIC gear, so I can't mine SHA coins at any decent speed, right?

But, I can use my server to mine altcoin of some kind.  And also I assume that many here are experts and are mining both SHA and scrypt as is the 'new way' it seems.

So, how can I support the benjamins movement with my dumb old server, and also, what scrypt coin should I mine?  I am seeing catcoin looks like the same graphing pattern as benjamins, I like that upward slope in difficulty but the true money altcoins are ones that are trashcoins in terms of descending difficulty.

Unfortunately without a GPU you're not going to do much good mining scrypt.

You're probably better of mining a CPU-only coin like PrimeCoin or my favorite - Datacoin
craptsy now working fine. Thank you vern for making me a loss from unsuccessfull arbitrage  Angry
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I kinda feel like pumpin something tonight but I'm not sure yet

Not much resistance
I can assure you it has nothing to do with the Benjamins network

No I know that, but somewhere the franko client worked and saw the network for me on a virgin machine, and the benjamins wallet doesn't yet.  I know they are all basically forks of the same coin, in the end.  I mean it's like a different colored frisbee, I get it.

Let us know when a new client connects without the needfuls and people will test it.  Thanks.

Yea, it's just replacing the seed nodes with active and stable machines. I've got the source all ready, we are just testing a few other tweaks

Okay so it is a matter of having enough stable 24/7 nodes.

No, we have about 50 connections on our daemon right now. It's about the seed nodes being changed. If the seed nodes are stable, it will connect to those first, then start a spider web from there finding peers of peers of peers of peers, etc

The seed nodes in the released source and no longer considered stable

This doesn't affect anything except the need to use addnodes in your conf file, though. No harm can be done
Activity: 364
American1973

No I know that, but somewhere the franko client worked and saw the network for me on a virgin machine, and the benjamins wallet doesn't yet.  I know they are all basically forks of the same coin, in the end.  I mean it's like a different colored frisbee, I get it.

Let us know when a new client connects without the needfuls and people will test it.  Thanks.

Yea, it's just replacing the seed nodes with active and stable machines. I've got the source all ready, we are just testing a few other tweaks

Okay so it is a matter of having enough stable 24/7 nodes.

Someone is being a Knob and selling low amounts for low prices at 2556/7/8/9 etc at 10 BEN per order....WTF are you thinking !

Trading bots.
Activity: 364
American1973

Pages:
Jump to: